PDA

View Full Version : Rusty's race report Taupo PMC

rustys
9th May 2006, 11:18
:Oops: Hi guys, day started off fine but ended in a bit of a disaster just to let you know what happened in the crash. I was following Andy Taylor I Think it was him, on his TZR 250 fairly closley and going into turn 7 It looked like Andy had applied bit too much front brake, front washed out, him and he went down, leaving me with no where to go but straight over the top of both bike and rider. It was a F****** painful and slow ride to the Hospital for us both. Id like to thank the other rider who stopped and was a paramedic who helped us both in a very proffessional manner right from the track to the Hospital dont know his name but will catch up with him in due corse. Andy was taken to Rotorua Hospital with back and pelvis injurys, I have fractured ribbs and torn collar bone muscles, came back home last night took too many Voltarin on the way home so didnt feel a thing, but was pretty painful getting out of bed this morning but once up not too bad. Will take some time to get the bike back into racing order buckled front wheel to fix bit of fairing damage, new helmet and a repair on the shoulder of the leathers. Wont be riding in the Victoria series which I was looking forward to. Id like to thank the Victoria Club for their concerns and making contact with me the day after the accident,
Having fun and
** GROWING OLD DISCRACEFULLY**

DemonWolf
9th May 2006, 11:25
Glad to hear back from ya rustys... heal up mate and get back into it =) Just make sure that your body has fully recovered eh.

Keystone19
9th May 2006, 11:31
Glad to hear that what has broken will mend. It was pretty nasty watching from the sidelines, although it was clear that the rider who stopped to help you knew what he was doing which was a relief.

Good luck with the healing to both of you.

dss3
9th May 2006, 11:32
Take care mate, hope you hell up well, although I didn't see the crash, the aftermath looked very nasty.

Daryl

Mental Trousers
9th May 2006, 11:33
Good on ya Rusty. I watched until the ambulance started moving and it was a long wait. Saw you try to sit up the collapse again and when the 2 of you didn't move at all for a while I thought it was looking seriously bad - helicopter to hospital kinda bad. Glad it didn't come to that.

Cleve
9th May 2006, 11:56
Glad to hear you are OK. We were all concerned when we saw the carnage and not many people moving.
Good on you and when you are well enough get back on that thing!

Two Smoker
9th May 2006, 12:01
Glad to hear you are not too bad... dont worry about the ribs, they heal up in a good 6 weeks to 8 weeks... You should be able to catch the end of the Vic Club rounds, thats what im hoping to do...

motobob
10th May 2006, 19:31
Hope you mend soon. The aftermath of the crash looked real bad. Good to hear you can move around.

FROSTY
10th May 2006, 19:45
Mate Im sorry I had no idea it was you that crashed.
Sounds like it was pretty nasty.
Im glad to hear you're on the mend dude

emaN
12th May 2006, 14:17
Dude!
glad you semi-ok! heard about it all from HDTboy... didn't realise it was you...

hope it ain't yer casting arm that's hurt!!!
(this could finally be your chance to guide me up the R'kituri :))

rustys
12th May 2006, 18:36
:grouphug: Thanks E-man, no my casting arm is fine, looks like the fishing rods going to come out for a while, till i get things sorted.
To everyone here in the K B family, a great big thanks for the thoughts you people have given me, its nice to know there is some bloody good people out there, even though i have'nt yet caught up with you all,its great to have the support in our highs and lows in the sport of racing.I will make the effort to help some of the younger ones out over the Vic series.Cheers for now,:rockon:
going to have some fun and "
GROW OLD DISGRACEFULLY"