PDA

View Full Version : My husband says I'm a maniac

Mrs Sparks
8th May 2004, 22:31
because I'm keen on getting into racing. Does anyone have any info on racing the Jap bikes 1960 to 1982?? like what bikes are popular, the different classes etc. Hearing from anyone would be great. Thanks. A newy, but an oldie?? too.

curious george
8th May 2004, 23:02
Who cares if you're a maniac? I don't have to live with you anyway!!!Teehee
Choice one to go racing. Your hubby does too?
DOn't ask me about the bikes, only the others know.
Welcome to kiwi biker too. :-)

Kickaha
8th May 2004, 23:21
because I'm keen on getting into racing. Does anyone have any info on racing the Jap bikes 1960 to 1982?? like what bikes are popular, the different classes etc. Hearing from anyone would be great. Thanks. A newy, but an oldie?? too.

If I was looking at a period 82 bike,I would go for a Yamaha 250LC or better yet 350LC light,good handling,easy to work on and generally not to expensive to buy,if you prefer a four stroke,CBX550,XJ550,GPZ550,GS550,I know of one GS550 for $800,and of course GSX1100,GPZ1100 etc,I just got a XJ550 which I will do the odd meeting on which owes me $1000.

How expensive it is will mainly depend on how competitive you want to be and what level of equipment you want

There's a huge choice of bikes available,go along to a couple of race days,talk to the guys racing have a look at what people are running,get an idea of costs involved,then get out there and give the boys a hammering :2thumbsup

there's a rule book here somewhere http://www.mnz.co.nz which details the class rules

LB
9th May 2004, 06:14
Welcome to the site Mrs Sparks.

Some very good advice above from Kickaha, I can't think of anythink more to add. I can give you the details of the Post Classic Racing Register if you want to PM me. They're based in Auckland but races are at Puke, Taupo and Manfeild. There's a race meeting at Manfeild 29th May where there'll be a good Post Classic field.

Ms Piggy
9th May 2004, 06:30
Welcome Mrs Sparks,
If you are a maniac as your husband claims...you'll fit right in round here :niceone: Go for it!!

FROSTY
9th May 2004, 14:54
Ill send you a pm with the addy of the post classic register.
add to the list of possible bikes cb400/4 and the xj650
The 250/350lc yams are good too