PDA

View Full Version : Braided brake lines

frogfeaturesFZR
10th May 2006, 10:46
Hi Guys, where can I get a set of WOF legal lines for my FZR 400 ? I'm told the fittings have to have a certification stamp on them. Is this right ?

Cajun
10th May 2006, 10:52
go see kerry at motohaus

imdying
10th May 2006, 11:16
Goodridge are the best I've seen, get those. Don't get any screw together ones... it's not that they're bad, but they can't be certified to ADR7 or SAE J1702 (as they can be disassembled and reassembled without retesting).

Make sure they have the standard tags, or have the standards (one of the above ones) stamped into the fittings, or printed on the hoses, if you want to avoid problems come warrant time.

I can always make low expansion rubber lines for you if you get stuck. They're not braided lines, but are legal, certified, never going to give a problem come warrant time, and probably much better than your 15 year old ones that you've got :)

Motu
10th May 2006, 11:32
Anyone who makes you hoses these days will have them complying - it's only second hand ones that were made before the new regs that will fail,or some that have been imported over the internet.Go to a reputable hose dude and you'll have no problems.

nadroj
10th May 2006, 13:12
Any shop that deals with Eurobike (New Plymouth) can supply. All you need to supply is length & end fitting type.

buellbabe
10th May 2006, 13:21
ditto what cajun said... kerry at motohaus will most likely be able to help ya out... he's da man:niceone:

classic zed
10th May 2006, 21:05
He runs Trade Parts at 151 Wairau road, Glenfield, on the shore, the ones he made for me are clear plastic coated with the correct numbers written into the coating, perfectly legal. The plastic coating also stops the frame being scratched:clap:

Number is 09 444 0901

imdying
10th May 2006, 22:06
Heh, Eugene is still at Trade Parts? Now that man can be funny when it suits him... but he's a good parts man :yes: From the description, it sounds like he has the goods :)

classic zed
11th May 2006, 14:15
Heh, Eugene is still at Trade Parts? Now that man can be funny when it suits him... but he's a good parts man :yes: From the description, it sounds like he has the goods :)

In fact I think he owns the place:yes:

Quasievil
11th May 2006, 14:26
See Shaun Harris (shaun on KB) $134 for my race bike street approved motodynamics is the business. He is fast and he regulary comes to Auckland to get bikes to fix in New Plymouth etc, give him a call

vifferman
11th May 2006, 14:52
Go see Kerry at Motohaus.
He'll do your WOF too. :rockon:

frogfeaturesFZR
14th May 2006, 08:35
Many thanks guys