PDA

View Full Version : My own personal survival skill

Brownbikerbabe
11th May 2006, 07:41
Being a lady and a rider here are a few of my own survival skill and things I've learned not to do when I am out riding especially when riding with hubby.

1. Never have 2 extra large coffees before going out riding...hubby gives you dirty looks when you stop at a light and tell him you gotta pee every few miles or so.
2. Never ride on a side street with gravel, potholes with a full bladder...hurts like hell and you gotta stand on the foot pegs to keep yourself from peeing on your bike.
3. Stay hydrated...when your mouth starts to feel like a desert and you tell hubby you need to stop and drink something, hubby has no money and has to walk to the closest bank machine for money to buy me a drink....more dirty looks.

More to come....

slimjim
11th May 2006, 08:00
:gob: :scooter: , sh#t two coffee's before you go riding,, gosh why not just a short double black, instread of two large one's:angry:

:gob: gravel,,pot holes,, on side road's, ? maybe you need a few more skills to miss the pot holes, and power drift on the gravel edges, that way you'll forget about peeing :yawn:

:gob: drink something cause you thirsty,:angry: stop at a cafe that sells a beer , i'm sure your hubby would like this more ,, yee god's girl you don't wear a skirt when riding (A).:yawn: :sunny: :sunny: nz

u4ea
11th May 2006, 09:27
its a good thread mate.:yes:i quite often had people worrying when i went riding on my own{bike still in bits so no one cares at the mo!!!!!!!}:sick:aside from a well maintained bike and charged cellphone, i carry a switchblade in my leathers in case of breakdown in a dark and horrible place.:innocent: ..i always have chocolate before i go for a ride,,,and the day i cra:gob: shed i didnt eat any, so now theres lollies in my leathers too!!!!!hope to have my bike sold friday........watch this space.........:wait: and will be looking to buy again.......so there will be even more survival skills in check as i will be riding with bones that havnt mended in 8 months..........like riding a lot slower and not by myself!!!!!!!!ooo and i do have two strong coffees before i leave.....................:bye: :nya:

Finn
11th May 2006, 09:44
It's seems to me that you have an over controlling husband. You look young (and gorgeous) from your avatar so I will assume that you've recently married. Given that you ride a motorbike, I would also say that you're a free spirit and over time your husband will chip away at this until one day, you'll be left at home to raise his kids while he goes riding.

I'm only trying to help you out here. You need get as far away from him as possible. Another state is not far enough. I think NZ would be a great option for you. We've got some of the best riding roads in the world, sun all year around, wonderful beaches for romantic walks and of course me. Give me a call when you're at the airport on 555-1765 and I'll make sure you're looked after.

Because I care.

Finn :niceone:

magicfairy
11th May 2006, 10:14
1. Never have 2 extra large coffees before going out riding...hubby gives you dirty looks when you stop at a light and tell him you gotta pee every few miles or so.
2. Never ride on a side street with gravel, potholes with a full bladder...hurts like hell and you gotta stand on the foot pegs to keep yourself from peeing on your bike.
3. Stay hydrated...when your mouth starts to feel like a desert and you tell hubby you need to stop and drink something, hubby has no money and has to walk to the closest bank machine for money to buy me a drink....more dirty looks.

4. If there is any doubt about availability of toilet paper, and needing to "drip dry" have some spare tucked into bike pants

5. If it is a long ride, rally or you are going away overnight, then wear panty liners, to catch the "drips" Throw away at end of day - and now you are wearing clean knickers.

kickingzebra
11th May 2006, 10:56
Better yet, if you don't wear your clean knickers, you don't dirty them!

Funny, my wife gave me that exact same look when I said it to her!!!
Panty liners, I mean, honestly?!

Colapop
11th May 2006, 11:00
4. If there is any doubt about availability of toilet paper, and needing to "drip dry" have some spare tucked into bike pants

5. If it is a long ride, rally or you are going away overnight, then wear panty liners, to catch the "drips" Throw away at end of day - and now you are wearing clean knickers.
Can these "liners" be worn externally - there's a few drips on here....

u4ea
11th May 2006, 11:02
Can these "liners" be worn externally - there's a few drips on here....
was just thinking that.....theres always someone who needs to whipe their chin.......especially at rallies when watching the girls in wet tshirt comps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nya: