PDA

View Full Version : zxr 250 brakes?

stop_10r_time
11th May 2006, 08:54
hey,

ok, my zxr250 was going quite nicely until the brakes seized up, although the brakes were a bit spongy....so i took it into the local shop and got the calipers unseized, and put new pads on it etc etc, but now its spongier than before!

where to next? i'm fast running out of readily thinkable-of options?

also, does anyone know where to find a workshop manual for a zxr250? i can't seem to track one down.

cheers

Gary

Whynot
11th May 2006, 09:45
also, does anyone know where to find a workshop manual for a zxr250? i can't seem to track one down.

The search function is your friend :rockon:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7955&highlight=zxr+manual

R6_kid
11th May 2006, 10:23
tie your brake lever back over night, this will help to allow any air in the hoses to rise out. If you pump it before doing so it should work better too.

Also, try a different setting on the lever adjuster, put it on the furthest one out (or 2nd if you can reach), this should make them feel better even if it is only a slight illusion.

imdying
11th May 2006, 10:28
Take it back to the shop and get the work you paid for.

R6_kid
11th May 2006, 10:38
Take it back to the shop and get the work you paid for.

yeh, that too :yes:

imdying
11th May 2006, 11:47
Although, if your discs are reasonably old and scored it might need a week to bed in. Go see them, say they feel worse than they did, but you're going to give the pads a week to bed in before any further action needs taking.

Having said that, if your calipers were seized, they might have just felt really really firm, and now they're actually normal. Can you ride another bike to compare? How do they work? Can they throw you over the bars, and do they only feel squishy when stopped (when you're able to put far more pressure on them than you normally would ever need).

Food for thought.