PDA

View Full Version : Classic & Twinshock Trial May 14.

Motu
12th May 2006, 11:31
I'm a bit late posting this one...

NZCMRR

Is pleased to present

THE ALAN REDDIE MEMORIAL TRIAL

SUNDAY MAY 14TH 11AM

REX GEORGE’S PROPERTY

RAZOR BACK ROAD

BOMBAY HILLS

MNZ PERMIT APPLIED FOR

COMPETITION LICENCE NECESSARY

ENTRY ON DAY $20.00

SIGN ON 9.30-10.30

CLASSIC & TWINSHOCK ONLY

CLUBMANS AND EXPERT SECTIONS

A WINNERS CUP HAS BEEN STRUCK FOR CLUBMANS RIDERS. COME AND PARTICIPATE AND HONOUR THE MEMORY OF OUR OLD FRIEND.

Motu
13th May 2006, 12:17
Cancelled....After a week of rain,more today and tomorrow predicted heavy rain it will be practically impossible to ride.The streams will be full and flowing fast,the swamps will be ponds,hill climbs impossible and the bush sections will clog the wheels with leaf mould.I've only ridden one trial all year,seems a forgotten pastime I did in days of old.

Zapper
12th June 2006, 17:31
As I understand it the comp is to be held at Mercer on 25JUN06

Zap

Motu
13th June 2006, 07:57
I'll be making this one for sure....Takes a lot to make Mercer unusable,we've even ridden it in a storm,and a couple of years ago one section was under a foot of water,but we still rode it.

Henk
20th June 2006, 19:32
What's this trial like? Seems it could be hard to find sections in whats effectively a sandpit. Also what time is kick off. Might be keen depending on how much riding I do saturday.

Motu
20th June 2006, 20:23
On the north end there are some trees...and a huge freaking ditch,so we go in with the trees,usualy a couple of sections that run together,then climb out,a pretty steep 2 metre bank onto the MX track.Sometimes another section going in and out through the ditch.Most of the sections are around the preimiter of the track,but they put a couple or so,depending on weather,on the MX track - thick pumic sand,some serious traction issues there as we go up and down banks.The river is pretty high at the moment,depend if it goes up or down by sunday.I might drop in saturday afternoon on my way home to see how the laying out is going.

Motu
23rd June 2006, 08:59
Damn,I have the flu.I don't know how I'll feel by sunday,but today I feel like shit.It's supposed to be fine on sunday,but it'd have to be perfect clear skies with no wind for me to ride,I don't want a kick back relapse by riding in the rain or wind.I'll still drop in on sat to see how the setting out is going.

Zapper
24th June 2006, 21:17
Motu,
U up to it?

I seem to have lost my directions but will try and make it anyway :D

Hope you feeling better.

Zap