PDA

View Full Version : Moto Gp free to air!

Big Dog
10th May 2004, 17:28
Flipping through the channels and I found, :shit: Moto gp FREE TO AIR :shit: on Shell Helix Motorsport (channel one from three pm) yesterday, 125,250, interviews & 500 (showed most of the race due to the epic battle between Biaggi and Rossi.

O.k So it was only highlights and it had to share its time with truck racing, and it was a week late, but it was on! :Punk:

Jeff Bryan promises more next week. :Punk:

jrandom
10th May 2004, 17:56
Flipping through the channels and I found, :shit: Moto gp FREE TO AIR :shit: on Shell Helix Motorsport (channel one from three pm) yesterday, 125,250, interviews & 500 (showed most of the race due to the epic battle between Biaggi and Rossi.

A week late? More like three! That was round one in Sarf Effrica they showed yesterday, you know. Unless I missed something and they showed Jerez as well after I turned it off in disgust.

I'm afraid you'll still have to wait on my downloaded goodness... but I have a tasty surprise to make up for the wait. I'll finally have a proper converted and burned DVD (as opposed to MPEG on CD) of the race tomorrow morning.

If anyone other than BD wants it in non-.wmv format or on a DVD, let me know...

Big Dog
10th May 2004, 18:29
A week late? More like three! That was round one in Sarf Effrica they showed yesterday, you know. Unless I missed something and they showed Jerez as well after I turned it off in disgust.

I'm afraid you'll still have to wait on my downloaded goodness... but I have a tasty surprise to make up for the wait. I'll finally have a proper converted and burned DVD (as opposed to MPEG on CD) of the race tomorrow morning.

Sweet as candy, Are you going for sainthood?

Thought it did not sound right when they said STH AFF still if you've got Jerez and Yesterday was three weeks old I will still need to watch next week. Maybe if they get enough viewers they will move it up a couple of weeks.

Marknz
10th May 2004, 18:41
Maybe if they get enough viewers they will move it up a couple of weeks.

Maybe we should all do our bit and email whoever we need to at TVNZ thanking them for providing the coverage they have, and asking what dates they have prepped for future rounds... can't hurt can it?

Anyone know the exact point of contact we need?

Ghost Lemur
10th May 2004, 19:23

*raises hand*

Send me a pm with ya bank acc details and how much it'll cost to get one to ChCh please. :D

merv
10th May 2004, 19:30

O.k So it was only highlights and it had to share its time with truck racing, and it was a week late, but it was on! :Punk:

Jeff Bryan promises more next week. :Punk:

Yep I let you know about this on this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2824

I watched it on Sunday - reasonable coverage really for highlights. I look forward to more.

pete376403
10th May 2004, 20:38
How did you convert the .wmv to dvd? I have access to a DVD burner.

Sk8r_Boi_
10th May 2004, 21:58
Hey i want to race my suzuki rg150 that i have around the race track that will be the :angry2: fun man atleast be able to go top speed with out the :Police: up ya tail :moon: ha ha

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 07:34
Ping me a copy down in Wellington if you like and I will burn it for anyone down here for the price of the disk. I will spring for the cost of disk and postage to get it here.

D Symons, PO Box 1616, Wellington

bluninja
11th May 2004, 08:04
Ping me a copy down in Wellington if you like and I will burn it for anyone down here for the price of the disk. I will spring for the cost of disk and postage to get it here.

D Symons, PO Box 1616, Wellington

If I remember I'll record to DVD next time I'm watching MotoGP, WSB, or BSB Live..should only take a week to get to you :msn-wink:

TTFN

Sk8r_Boi_
11th May 2004, 10:06
Yeah MotoGP Is The :shit: man It Rocks To The Max Better Than Motocross But Motocross Ok To Watch But Not As Good As MotoGP Tho

riffer
12th May 2004, 09:44
If I remember I'll record to DVD next time I'm watching MotoGP, WSB, or BSB Live..should only take a week to get to you :msn-wink:

TTFN I'll bring over a blank DVD next time I'm around your work wkid, if that's okay with you...

bungbung
12th May 2004, 10:12
How did you convert the .wmv to dvd? I have access to a DVD burner.

You can turn a .wmv into a .avi using wmv2avi, You may need to resize the frame and change the frame rate before turning it into a suitable mpeg to use on a dvd.

I use wmv2avi -> premiere -> encore (DVD authoring/burning)

www.vcdhelp.com has useful guides and software links