PDA

View Full Version : bike wrecking meet pics

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 18:41
ok here's the evidence :whistle:

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 18:44
DAMN MY BIKE BEING OF THE ROAD:argh: Im soooooo there next time, MR when is the next one??????

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 18:49
some more,this takes a while....

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 18:55
still more yet....

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 18:59
Damn i missed so much fun :weep: Are you coming to the next one Death???? Hey MR those wheelies don't look to bad at all :niceone:

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 19:09
o.k last one's.....
Thanks to MR for organising this....
Yep,I'll try to attend another if we organise one.... :2thumbsup

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 19:37
Saaweeet pics man!! Thanx a mill to you and your mates Death! :rockon:

Thanx TS, they did come out pretty good on the pics didn't they. I'll have to work on my distance though... And man, my stoppies were all over the show. Don't know how to keep a loose tail straight. When I get it right, I get it right but when I get it wrong, I can't help keep repeating the same mistakes (what ever it is) over and over again.

Next week, I'd wana go for a ride cause from yesterday, I could feel that riding has become real rusty. So if its good for everyone else, shall we make it for the weekend after next? Shall we also try for a Saturday insted of Sunday this time?

Ghost Lemur
10th May 2004, 19:42
Damn good job.

Would help to know who's who in them, but nice work all round.

Hope you Christchurch people are watching and get something organized. Even if it's before I have my bike I'll at least take photos/video.

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 19:52
IM not so sure about Saturday :( one: people sometimes still work at the businesses. two: i work during all of the morning on saturdays :( so howabout Sunday again :niceone: otherwise i won't make saturday until the arvo....

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 19:52
Damn good job.

Would help to know who's who in them, but nice work all round.

Hope you Christchurch people are watching and get something organized. Even if it's before I have my bike I'll at least take photos/video.
I'm in the yellow/white/grey leathers,MR in the blue/white,brockhaus on the TDM and MR will have to tell you the rest......

Just a thought MR,we prolly shouldn't make too much of a habit of this unless we can organise somewhere off the street.....it only takes one person to get pissed off and call us in,maybe we should be looking a little further down the track......

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 19:57
I'm in the yellow/white/grey leathers,MR in the blue/white,brockhaus on the TDM and MR will have to tell you the rest......

Just a thought MR,we prolly shouldn't make too much of a habit of this unless we can organise somewhere off the street.....it only takes one person to get pissed off and call us in,maybe we should be looking a little further down the track......
GOod idea, i know a couple of people at the Aviation Sprts club at Whenuipai, ill see how much it costs to rent runway three... Will get back about that but it could be upto a week....

DEATH_INC.
10th May 2004, 20:19
sweet,that would be better....

Ghost Lemur
10th May 2004, 21:20
GOod idea, i know a couple of people at the Aviation Sprts club at Whenuipai, ill see how much it costs to rent runway three... Will get back about that but it could be upto a week....

Just some other thoughts for potential place in and around Auckland. Isn't there a now abandoned/near abandoned airforce base somewhere near by? Also I thought I heard mention of a "drag strip" for boy racers someone had built in Manukau (sp?)?

Been trying to think of places down here which would be suitable. There's obviously a few back road with nice long stretches, a rider at either end to signal on coming traffic could work. There's also Wigram, but I have a feeling their strips are still in regular use (although they could still have something around).

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 21:25
Just some other thoughts for potential place in and around Auckland. Isn't there a now abandoned/near abandoned airforce base somewhere near by? Also I thought I heard mention of a "drag strip" for boy racers someone had built in Manukau (sp?)?

Been trying to think of places down here which would be suitable. There's obviously a few back road with nice long stretches, a rider at either end to signal on coming traffic could work. There's also Wigram, but I have a feeling their strips are still in regular use (although they could still have something around).
Yeah there is Hobsonville, but that is a grass airfield, and the carparks are only about 100metres by 50 metres, and the roads a quite narrow with speed bumps everywhere. Dont know of any drag strip in Manukau, other than the illegal kind.....

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 21:59
Yep, thats a good idea Death. TS, it would be briliant if you could find out the costs. I have now had my eye on that area after sevral sujestions from others.

I have attached a pic below that I like the best.

From left its: Erik, Death, Draco, Andy1, my mate (rossi #1), slob, my mate who owns the mighty FXR, My mate who owns the 600RR, My mate (rossi #2) and myself.

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 22:13
I don't know how much space you have at KB so I uploaded them to another server. Here are a few more pics.

Andy1 the legend himself

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/54/3767454_full.jpg

Death and his stunting equipment

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/65/3767465_full.jpg

Hmmm, if only I could bugger off into the distance on one wheel like him...

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/81/3767481_full.jpg

This one should do him more justice than the other pics posted before

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/13/3767513_full.jpg

Burning up

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/31/3767531_full.jpg

Burn baby burn!

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/38/3767538_full.jpg

And finally, the wannabe stunter/racer

http://wwww.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/22/3767922_full.jpg

DEATH_INC.
11th May 2004, 06:54
Sweet MR,just wanna point out that the Skyline was my mates that came to take the pics......

White trash
11th May 2004, 07:31
Great shots guys! An awesome day had by all it seems.

If you can organise somewhere off a public road and give a couple of weeks notice, I'll be there with bells on. No joke. :yeah:

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 07:42
Just a word for the wise.....that looks a lot like a 'LTSA' defined public street? Now you have photos of everyone wheeling and stunting on the said street? Now - if a police man happened by coincidence (some are here already) to stumble across this site - you are fucked as you have just provided photo evidence of your illegal activities.

People have been caught many times over around the world because they taped/photoed what they were doing....

Just something to be warned about.

Other than that good stunting.

White trash
11th May 2004, 08:14
Another thing that cracks me up.

There seem to be a hell of a lot of people around who aren't in the group. FARK! If that was Wgtn, they'd all have their cel phones out furiously dialing 111. Seems they lack a bit of tolerance down here!

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 08:22
Another thing that cracks me up.

There seem to be a hell of a lot of people around who aren't in the group. FARK! If that was Wgtn, they'd all have their cel phones out furiously dialing 111. Seems they lack a bit of tolerance down here!
hell yes.....that was my thought as well. I had the noise patrol around 4 times when I was warming the VTR up in the mornings

spudchucka
11th May 2004, 08:22
Just a word for the wise.....that looks a lot like a 'LTSA' defined public street? Now you have photos of everyone wheeling and stunting on the said street? Now - if a police man happened by coincidence (some are here already) to stumble across this site - you are fucked as you have just provided photo evidence of your illegal activities.

People have been caught many times over around the world because they taped/photoed what they were doing....

Just something to be warned about.

Other than that good stunting.
At least he took the time to blank out the regos.

Great riding skills but you are a bunch of idiots doing that on a public street.

Motoracer
11th May 2004, 09:01
As I said, this was trial run so yep, next one will be the big one and it'll definitely be in a legal venue. I'll also give plenty of notice for you Welly boys too. I have another good stunter who will be ready for the next one as well.

Thanx for that wkid. I'd like to say to the police officers that there were no activity going on the road other than us while we were stunting. It was the quietest possible place at the quietest possible time.

Saying that, there is always a risk of damaging public property etc etc so that'll be the last stunt meet up on public roads. In other words "It won't happen again officer, promise :o"

White trash
11th May 2004, 09:36
At least he took the time to blank out the regos.

Great riding skills but you are a bunch of idiots doing that on a public street.

I agree, you're idiots, but for a different reason. I'm an idiot too because behaving like this there is a very real chance of injuring yourself. That's what makes it exiting. Having the skill to pull off a maneuver that most people have too much thoughts of self preservasion to try.

As long as there's no chance of people not involved geting hurt and no damage to others property, whats the harm?

I've seen a great video (about 4 minutes long) of a guy just wheelieing along a freeway in the states at a constant 50mph. Not breaking the speed limit at any stage. The ol' Five-Oh pull along side, lights blazing, telling him on the PA to pull over, the dudes just looking at them, still wheelieing away. Rides like this for about 3-4 miles before dropping the front and pissing off!

Properly executed wheelies are NOT dangerous driving. Doing them in populated areas is a different story.

Sk8r_Boi_
11th May 2004, 09:52
Yeah MR Those Pictures Look Sweet When Is The Next Meet Up If There Is One And Where.....?

FROSTY
11th May 2004, 10:04
As I said, this was trial run so yep, next one will be the big one and it'll definitely be in a legal venue. I'll also give plenty of notice for you Welly boys too. I have another good stunter who will be ready for the next one as well.

Thanx for that wkid. I'd like to say to the police officers that there were no activity going on the road other than us while we were stunting. It was the quietest possible place at the quietest possible time.

Saying that, there is always a risk of damaging public property etc etc so that'll be the last stunt meet up on public roads. In other words "It won't happen again officer, promise :o"
Yea you bunch of bloody idiots -muttering into his beard
no respect for public property or life and limb and all that PC stuff
and most important - I WAS BLOODY WORKING SO I COULDNT BE THERE :angry2:
Seriously though guys with the next one maybee a bit more thought about what if
I'm thinking maybee an experienced first aider with gear being there and a van to toss any bike that gets binned into.
yea yea Im an old geezer sorry

Drunken Monkey
11th May 2004, 10:14
I agree, you're idiots, but for a different reason. I'm an idiot too because behaving like this there is a very real chance of injuring yourself. That's what makes it exiting. Having the skill to pull off a maneuver that most people have too much thoughts of self preservasion to try.

As long as there's no chance of people not involved geting hurt and no damage to others property, whats the harm?

I've seen a great video (about 4 minutes long) of a guy just wheelieing along a freeway in the states at a constant 50mph. Not breaking the speed limit at any stage. The ol' Five-Oh pull along side, lights blazing, telling him on the PA to pull over, the dudes just looking at them, still wheelieing away. Rides like this for about 3-4 miles before dropping the front and pissing off!

Properly executed wheelies are NOT dangerous driving. Doing them in populated areas is a different story.

Bah, Spud is just trolling again WT...Ignore him...

jrandom
11th May 2004, 10:21
Bah, Spud is just trolling again WT...Ignore him...

Well. Spud has a rather establishmentarian view of these things, I suspect his comment was genuine.

Looks like you guys minimised the risk, anyway. I assume you had spotters out to avoid any interference with legitimate traffic?

Anyway, no harm was done, so I don't see why anybody should be too bothered after the fact. Holding future events in appropriately legal environs would be an excellent idea, particularly if the number of attendees rises. Bit of a difference between pulling the occasional wheelie for personal amusement on the road and having a big gathering where testosterone and adrenaline are likely to take over and create an ACC bill and criminal charges.

Motoracer
11th May 2004, 10:29
Seriously though guys with the next one maybee a bit more thought about what if. I'm thinking maybee an experienced first aider with gear being there and a van to toss any bike that gets binned into.
yea yea Im an old geezer sorry

Yep, we can always boost up the safety side of things. On the day, I did have my van with basic tools and an extra set of tie downs for two bikes to fit in if we needed to.

Also Draco wasn't there to just look pretty, she's a profetional paramedic and she had some gear in the car just in case.

If we have it at Whenuapai Airbase though, there are Ambos available readily I am told.

Motoracer
11th May 2004, 10:31
Yeah MR Those Pictures Look Sweet When Is The Next Meet Up If There Is One And Where.....?

That all depends on when we can find the right place at the right cost (preferably free :p)

White trash
11th May 2004, 11:06
That all depends on when we can find the right place at the right cost (preferably free :p)

Not neccesarily. Think of it like this. You find a perfect spot for $1000 for a full days hire. Get 10 riders. That would be easy. and you're only looking at $100each. I'd pay $100 for a days stunt practice, no problem. Think a bit more and who here would pay $5 to spectate a whole days stunting? Everyone I know. Then you allocate the final 3 hours of the day for competition. I'll give you a copy of the judging criteria if you like.

It gets better, plan it for 6 months in the future. Approach a bike shop for sponsership ($500 is bloody cheap advertising) have trade stalls, the works.

The great thing about stunting, is it's a perfect spectator sport. The action is in a small area, the turn around times quick, the incident rate high, and because of the relative low speeds, injuries minor.

Sort this out and congrtulations! You're now a series promoter!

:Oi: Hands off! It's my idea! ;)

spudchucka
11th May 2004, 11:32

Obviously no one was hurt or you wouldn't be posting the pics on a public forum but whats to say that a local hasn't got all of this on video and is off at the local cop shop as we speak? Doing stunts in a public street is stupid for more reasons than just the obvious potential harm to others. You are putting yourself at great risk of being prosecuted. As for the photos on the forum, you have blanked out the regos but if a complaint was forthcoming with date, time, place description of vehicles & drivers / riders you have supplied pretty good evidence to coroborate the complaint. Think about what you are doing and where and when you are doing it. At least try and be discrete.

Ghost Lemur
11th May 2004, 12:12
Obviously no one was hurt or you wouldn't be posting the pics on a public forum but whats to say that a local hasn't got all of this on video and is off at the local cop shop as we speak? Doing stunts in a public street is stupid for more reasons than just the obvious potential harm to others. You are putting yourself at great risk of being prosecuted. As for the photos on the forum, you have blanked out the regos but if a complaint was forthcoming with date, time, place description of vehicles & drivers / riders you have supplied pretty good evidence to coroborate the complaint. Think about what you are doing and where and when you are doing it. At least try and be discrete.

*yawn*

Thankfully I believe karma eventually gets those wonderful people who have nothing better to do than rain on others parade.
Look at it sensibly. They were A. In a deadend street. B. In an industrial area on a Sunday. C. Had relative safety messures in place.
The only thing I could see anyone (even the most puriten(sp?)) having a problem with is the marks left by the burnouts. In response though I'd point out that they obviously used no desiel/other annoyances, so besides a few marks no damage was done or risks imposed on other motorist.

No offense intented, but sometimes you seem to need to relax at little. :doobey: :calm:

phase
11th May 2004, 12:21

Who cares if he or anyone who attended gets prosecuted? (No offence MR) MR is all grown-up, so are the people who came, took pictures and put them on the internet. Let's just be thankful they did take pictures :Punk:

Pointing out the many unlikely ways they could be caught is irrelevant I would have thought. He either gets busted or he doesn't. My dollar is on the negative.

Motoracer
11th May 2004, 12:31
WT, your ideas sound great! don't worry, you'll get credit for it if we have a proper stunt meet in the future. I'll see what I can do.

Thanx again Spud, your wise words have been taken into account. Time for organising a worry free legal stunting day I say. But before that, race meeting on the 6th wooohooo!! :2thumbsup

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 12:48
I have to agree with ChudSpucker!

Take this pic

What if the man in the background had a kid who ran out on the road to chase a ball?? From the background of some of the photos - it looks like a semi ressie street to me.

My comments were only intended to open you eyes to the fact that doing this on a public street AND taking photos - not only provides entertainment - but also evidence.

Motoracer
11th May 2004, 12:55

Take this pic

What if the man in the background had a kid who ran out on the road to chase a ball?? From the background of some of the photos - it looks like a semi ressie street to me.

My comments were only intended to open you eyes to the fact that doing this on a public street AND taking photos - not only provides entertainment - but also evidence.

I did what I could by checking out that group of people and their facials as I went past by. They wern't concerned in the slightest sence. Most weren't all that intrested in us. Thoes who were, were just spectating.

That area is not a residential zone at all, trust me. I wouldn't dream about doing it anywhere near where people live. Thoes guys were just working on a sunday.

DEATH_INC.
11th May 2004, 13:03

Take this pic

Nope,non-residential,and the bloke in the background(and a few others from the same factory,musta been their break,btw that was the only one on the whole street with any activity too....) was happily watching..... :spudbooge
Also other than myself,no-one really went that far up the street :Oops: .
My opinion too,but I actually value Spud's contribution :niceone: ,it helps us know a bit more clearly where we stand from THE MAN's :Police: point of veiw.....
One other point,as we all know from the last ride :Pokey: ,I'm willing to risk :sweatdrop the negative side of all this,but just to keep the rest of you entertained of course..... :whistle:

Sk8r_Boi_
11th May 2004, 13:06
Come On Down To New Plymouth There Are Abit Of Staight Country Roads Around Where There Will Be No Police 's :lol:

Well Just Give Me A PM And I Will Come To The Next One If A Jiffe :niceone:

k14
11th May 2004, 13:46
Come On Down To New Plymouth There Are Abit Of Staight Country Roads Around Where There Will Be No Police 's :lol:

Well Just Give Me A PM And I Will Come To The Next One If A Jiffe :niceone:

No there aren't, the old spots are too cop ridden now. Only place to do it is on coms country road in the wops with cow crap all over it and wandering stock. Not what I would call good roads.

FROSTY
11th May 2004, 13:54
Ok guys who is offering to suss out a real venuue for this stunting thing?
Im pretty busy but if everybody scouts and sees what may or may not be available -why not post your ideas even if they seem dumb.

duckman
11th May 2004, 13:57
Ok guys who is offering to suss out a real venuue for this stunting thing?
Im pretty busy but if everybody scouts and sees what may or may not be available -why not post your ideas even if they seem dumb.
Auckland central police station car park .... Well you said even ... :laugh:

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 14:44
I did what I could by checking out that group of people and their facials as I went past by. They wern't concerned in the slightest sence. Most weren't all that intrested in us. Thoes who were, were just spectating.

That area is not a residential zone at all, trust me. I wouldn't dream about doing it anywhere near where people live. Thoes guys were just working on a sunday.
You have me all wrong....I am more concerned about someone being prosecuted for having fun. Shit I used to wheelie the length of my parent street (once I learnt how) straight outside their house and 6am in the morning on the VTR.....there just weren't any photographers around.

Taking photos is great - but be careful of the circumstances.

DEATH_INC.
11th May 2004, 14:49
You have me all wrong....I am more concerned about someone being prosecuted for having fun. Shit I used to wheelie the length of my parent street (once I learnt how) straight outside their house and 6am in the morning on the VTR.....there just weren't any photographers around.

Taking photos is great - but be careful of the circumstances.

I hear ya,that's why no reg's or signs.........just a bunch of anonomouses in whoknowswhereville,Aussie..... :innocent:

phase
11th May 2004, 14:51
Anyone know how much Puke is to get for a day? Or probably more relevant, availability? That way you can stunt half the day and do some laps for the rest?

DEATH_INC.
11th May 2004, 14:54
Anyone know how much Puke is to get for a day? Or probably more relevant, availability? That way you can stunt half the day and do some laps for the rest?
That'd be good.Prolly worth lookin into.

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 14:54
Bloody expensive - I tried once!

DEATH_INC.
11th May 2004, 14:57
Bloody expensive - I tried once!
Do you remember the approx figure?
I believe meremere isn't too bad,I'll see if I can find out.....

wkid_one
11th May 2004, 15:35
They quoted me about $3k if I remember correctly.....which was hellishly steep.

Two Smoker
11th May 2004, 17:41
Ill be checking out Whenuipai in the next few days..... (im really busy :angry2: ) but it can't be too bad if they have TV shows going there just to test like one or two cars....... will find out and post the results :niceone:

Shawn
11th May 2004, 18:02

awesome...what can i say...i just wish i could do 1/10 of those... :no: ...lol....hey WT where is the clip? can i download it?..

spudchucka
11th May 2004, 19:36
Auckland central police station car park .... Well you said even ... :laugh:
Thats something I'd like to see!!!

White trash
12th May 2004, 07:23
awesome...what can i say...i just wish i could do 1/10 of those... :no: ...lol....hey WT where is the clip? can i download it?..

Some where on www.uponone.com

Brilliant stuff! :laugh:

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 08:26
How about a company carpark on a sunday. One with high fences and only one way in or out -The wattyl paints carpark comes to mind right now
Maybee with a spotter over the gate.

wkid_one
12th May 2004, 08:36
One way in and one way out??? nice - how bout an exit that is the perfect width for the Police Car to Block? Excellent!

Motoracer
12th May 2004, 08:39
How about a company carpark on a sunday. One with high fences and only one way in or out -The wattyl paints carpark comes to mind right now

Unless you were thinking of getting permission from them, it's a no go. Next official KB stunt meet has to be in a 100% legal venu.

People don't really care that much when you leave marks on roads in industrial areas but I'm sure it'd be personal once its inside their own carpark.

spudchucka
12th May 2004, 09:10
A carpark is still a road under the Land Transport Act, all the road rules still apply.

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 09:14
Unless you were thinking of getting permission from them, it's a no go. Next official KB stunt meet has to be in a 100% legal venu.

People don't really care that much when you leave marks on roads in industrial areas but I'm sure it'd be personal once its inside their own carpark.
m No I mean all legal beagle like -get permission -do it propperly
with only one way in then the public can be excluded from entry

Drunken Monkey
12th May 2004, 09:14

Pukekohe starts from $1200. Meremere starts from $1000.
You have to pay more at Meremere if you're running under a certain time (12s?), then they will have the St John's on standby for you - I think that's an extra $300 or so - and they won't stick around if there's another emergency to attend.
I'm not sure what other conditions Pukekohe raceway have, but the basic 'controlled testing' days are effectively an $80 x 15 racers minimum affair for the track marshal (that covers their costs). You'll probably find extras for St Johns again, any extra security costs, etc...
Not sure what they were including in that $3000, Wkid - But Puke is also open for corporate 'functions', ie manufacturer testing/show days, etc, so that maybe what they were quoting you for and that might possibly include extra facilities that we don't require (ie use of the function rooms for briefings or perhaps catering).

Maybe Spank should 'sticky' this somewhere, I think it's about the third time I've listed the cost of track hire, certainly for Meremere!

PS - You're unlikely to be able to hire on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday unless you book a loooong time ahead (usually already booked for testing and racing). Easiest would be a Monday - Wednesday.

White trash
12th May 2004, 09:15
A carpark is still a road under the Land Transport Act, all the road rules still apply.

No shit! That fucks my idea right up, thanks for the heads up, Spud.

What about if it's a private carpark and you have permission. Be a pretty calous cop to do you, wouldn't it?

Motoracer
12th May 2004, 09:18
m No I mean all legal beagle like -get permission -do it propperly
with only one way in then the public can be excluded from entry

I haven't seen this carpark but its another possibility if its good.

Coldkiwi
12th May 2004, 12:27
err.. the actual rule from the 76 transport act on what a road is uses the term:
street etc etc.. and anywhere a vehicle has access wheather by right or not. Can find the exact bit of paper right now but it essentially reads that a private carpark with a gate across the front means it is no longer a 'road' that the public has access too. an ungated supermarket car park maybe, but a closed carpark/courtyard should not be counted.

I'll have to go looking for it but I researched this for a project a while ago to see whether the LTSA noise limits (for vehicles on ROADS) or District plan noise limits applied to vehicles in a carpark next to a new apartment block.

DEATH_INC.
12th May 2004, 12:43
maybe not,but then you'd be done under the public anoyance act....

Maybe we could get a couple of harbour bridge lanes closed for us.....

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 13:00
maybe not,but then you'd be done under the public anoyance act....

Maybe we could get a couple of harbour bridge lanes closed for us.....
Lmao--maybee we call it a hicoi on one wheeled transport being unfairly victimised :2thumbsup

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 13:02
err.. the actual rule from the 76 transport act on what a road is uses the term:
street etc etc.. and anywhere a vehicle has access wheather by right or not. Can find the exact bit of paper right now but it essentially reads that a private carpark with a gate across the front means it is no longer a 'road' that the public has access too. an ungated supermarket car park maybe, but a closed carpark/courtyard should not be counted.

I'll have to go looking for it but I researched this for a project a while ago to see whether the LTSA noise limits (for vehicles on ROADS) or District plan noise limits applied to vehicles in a carpark next to a new apartment block.
Well It at least merits looking into I think. There must be someone looking to make a quick buck -someone with a fully fenced carpark

Two Smoker
12th May 2004, 13:10
Meremere could be good, but what is the rules about the strip..... ie can you do a stoppie and turn around then come back??? Oh do you have to do the full quarter and then come back on the side road??? Like wise with puke, can we just stuff around on the front straight...... oh do we have to keep on going in one direction???????

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 13:16
Meremere could be good, but what is the rules about the strip..... ie can you do a stoppie and turn around then come back??? Oh do you have to do the full quarter and then come back on the side road??? Like wise with puke, can we just stuff around on the front straight...... oh do we have to keep on going in one direction???????
Hey now theres a thought --what about the back straight of the old club circuit at pukie :2thumbsup ---totally disused for years--no worries about us ripping that surface up

Two Smoker
12th May 2004, 13:22
Hey now theres a thought --what about the back straight of the old club circuit at pukie :2thumbsup ---totally disused for years--no worries about us ripping that surface upHey yeah.......... never crossed my mind...... that would be the best bet i think, because they wont care if we stuff around there...... so who's going to do the ringing around????/ ill still check about Whenuipai though :niceone:

Drunken Monkey
12th May 2004, 13:30

Should'nt be a problem with the track booked exclusively for our own use. We don't HAVE to use the timing computer - we should be able to just move a little ways up the track where they do the burnouts and piss about there.
Mind you, this is now just conjecture, but if the let people do burnouts until the tyres explode and the rims spark, I don't think they'll mind the occasional fool falling off his gixxer (or whatever you happen to ride)...

DEATH_INC.
12th May 2004, 13:32
I think as long as you had it organised as such there would be no worries at meremere,they do burnout comps where guys do doughnuts ect.....
The only downfall with it is the track is bloody slippery on the concrete where we would be playing....

White trash
12th May 2004, 13:35
I think you've got to keep the burnouts down track a ways, something about street tyres tearing the VHT off the track in the first 60 feet.

If you get Meremere, put me down as a starter.

Ghost Lemur
12th May 2004, 13:37
Hey now theres a thought --what about the back straight of the old club circuit at pukie :2thumbsup ---totally disused for years--no worries about us ripping that surface up

Now that is an ideal spot.

Unfortunately I have a feeling you guys are going to see a gazillion miles of red tape while trying to do it all legal. Don't get me wrong I hope it goes off without a hitch, as it increase the likelihood of getting something going down this way. It's just the days of live and let live seem to have been replaced with the days of regulate, control, ???, profit.

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 13:50
I think you've got to keep the burnouts down track a ways, something about street tyres tearing the VHT off the track in the first 60 feet.

If you get Meremere, put me down as a starter.
Im thinking of that straight thats now behind jennian at pukie
Its not part of the track anymore so no probs ripping it up.
Has the advantrage too that if you stuff up you can keep going and end up on the main track so no dramas --From memory it was 600m long where it joined the current track

Two Smoker
12th May 2004, 14:32
Im thinking of that straight thats now behind jennian at pukie
Its not part of the track anymore so no probs ripping it up.
Has the advantrage too that if you stuff up you can keep going and end up on the main track so no dramas --From memory it was 600m long where it joined the current track
Yep thats the one, and it has a haipin at the end for some knee down action too :niceone: hehehe

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 14:35
I think that hairpin is long gone--could be wrong though --I diddnt really look at the old track when I was out there being blitzed by you guys on the 23rd

spudchucka
12th May 2004, 15:19

I will get a copy of the actual definition of a road as per the current Act and paste it here if you want.

If you find a suitable venue and the owner agrees to host your event ring and talk to the local area commander about it. Actually it would probably be better to write a letter explaing what you intend to do. Then at least you get it from the horses mouth and you won't get in the crap when the cops find out about it by someone making a complaint.

sparrow_34
12th May 2004, 15:32
Got this from the Land transport Act 1998

"``Road'' includes—

(a)A street; and

(b)A motorway; and

(c)A beach; and

(d)A place to which the public have access, whether as of right or not; and

(e)All bridges, culverts, ferries, and fords forming part of a road or street or motorway, or a place referred to in paragraph (d):

(f)All sites at which vehicles may be weighed for the purposes of this Act or any other enactment:

"

Big Dog
12th May 2004, 15:55
Thats something I'd like to see!!!
I have heard tell of a reprimand for one bike cop doing just that in the underground carpark.

Urban Legend or truth?

Coldkiwi
12th May 2004, 17:34
Got this from the Land transport Act 1998

"``Road'' includes—

(a)A street; and

(b)A motorway; and

(c)A beach; and

(e)All bridges, culverts, ferries, and fords forming part of a road or street or motorway, or a place referred to in paragraph (d):

(f)All sites at which vehicles may be weighed for the purposes of this Act or any other enactment:

"

Thaaaaats the one Sparrow! Cheers. So... a fenced off carpark can no longer be considered a road. I guess then it would come down to whether it was near enough to residences to get bailed up as a public nuisance. Spuds idea of checking with the local plod (just floating the concept, not with all the details including what time and date they can come an bust our gullible behinds) is probably a good move.

wkid_one
12th May 2004, 18:56
No shit! That fucks my idea right up, thanks for the heads up, Spud.

What about if it's a private carpark and you have permission. Be a pretty calous cop to do you, wouldn't it?
Private car park isn't LTSA governed.....if it is on your commercial property that is

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 19:09
Ok so lets all hunt for a biker freindly person thats got a company in a industrial area. Needs to be fenced off.
I'm wondering just how far with the legal stuff we would need to go if it was on private property with the property owners permission -provided it was fully fenced with NO public entry except for competitors.
I've been doing some checking and the list of safety precautions,for an event held on "public property"
It's a book about an inch thick.
The hassle is that cyclist that was killed -its made officialdom wary of anything on the road.

SPman
12th May 2004, 19:28
Have heard a rumour from certain officials, that the old club circuit at Puke is going to be rebuilt!!! :niceone:

k14
12th May 2004, 19:59

So doesn't that mean that everywhere is a public road. Even pukekohe for that matter??

Deano
12th May 2004, 20:23
Riverbank Carpark in Lower Hutt was used recently for Wild Wheels Show, including...
- burnouts,(bikes and a drag car), dyno testing, a few stunts by bikes and an exhibition in a rally car.

This was held on a Saturday, activities were intermittent so there was not a constant high level of noise.

I had a pre-emptive complaint from a nearby resident a few days before the event. I told her there would be some loud noises but not continuous. I found out later that the organisers had pushed the boundaries a little with many more burnouts than they were allowed. Also some non-organised stuff by spectators as the event wound down.

The complainant actually rang me the following Monday to say they did not find the event a problem. I was on-call for the event and did not receive any complaints on the day either.

Previously, a bucket racing event at the carpark had attracted several complaints, plus the boy racers on Thursday nights really topped it off for local residents. I heard that cameras are being placed in the carpark which should quieten things down, and should placate the residents further.

Could be an option......WT?

One problem could be OSH, but the Wild Wheels event went without a hitch.

Oh, by the way, I commented on the resource consent to use the carpark regarding noise......not that there would be any conflict of interest if I was to do the same for a stunt event....... :innocent:

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 20:27
deano--what kind of red tape did they need to go through

Deano
12th May 2004, 20:45
deano--what kind of red tape did they need to go through

Well,.......Council's road traffic safety coordinator assisted in organising it (she's an ex cop too).

Resource Consent for non-complying activity $225 (motorised event)
Consent from Street Services who regulate the roads etc for closure of the carpark.
Noise issues...(no conflicts here dude) - they had to advertise well before the event so residents were kept informed.

Im not sure about OSH though. I could find out from the organiser and get back to you.

Deano
12th May 2004, 20:47
Oh, another option could be Port Road, Seaview. Fizzerman knows that one well eh mate ?

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 21:00
bugger that --old puke back straight sounds better n better

Two Smoker
12th May 2004, 21:04
bugger that --old puke back straight sounds better n better
I second that, i wonder if Jackrat could go check out the condition of it?????? Tat would be awesome if he could :niceone:

White trash
13th May 2004, 07:55
Oh, another option could be Port Road, Seaview. Fizzerman knows that one well eh mate ?

I'm actually thinking of hiring Masterton Motorplex. Slack pricks haven't got back to me yet but there'd be zero problems there and it's not used during the winter months.

Deano
13th May 2004, 10:41
I'm actually thinking of hiring Masterton Motorplex. Slack pricks haven't got back to me yet but there'd be zero problems there and it's not used during the winter months.

General Motors carpark in Upper Hutt is used for bucket racing occasionally - dunno about complaints etc (wrong jurisdiction), but Craig at Sawyers would know.

I used to do a few tricks on my BMX (reborn BMXer at age 23), Im might have to scrape up some dosh for a cheap stunter myself (Impulse or some other old shitter - no offence)

bungbung
13th May 2004, 10:51
...(Impulse or some other old shitter - no offence)

Hey Hey watch it! anything named after deodorant can't be shit by definition.

I used to have an Impulse. It <u>was</u> the shit!

White trash
13th May 2004, 10:57
General Motors carpark in Upper Hutt is used for bucket racing occasionally - dunno about complaints etc (wrong jurisdiction), but Craig at Sawyers would know.

I used to do a few tricks on my BMX (reborn BMXer at age 23), Im might have to scrape up some dosh for a cheap stunter myself (Impulse or some other old shitter - no offence)

Nah, you need something with at least a bit of torque. Rough and ready 600 Bandit or old GSXR1100.

Personally, I'm after something injected, simply for the throttle response when doing 12 O'Clocks and shit like that.

FzerozeroT
13th May 2004, 10:59
Nah, you need something with at least a bit of torque. Rough and ready 600 Bandit or old GSXR1100.

Personally, I'm after something injected, simply for the throttle response when doing 12 O'Clocks and shit like that.

do us sub 250 riders even have a shot at an event like this?

White trash
13th May 2004, 11:04

Mate, I can stunt it up on my CG125 but I'd hate to try a Highchair or Can can on it. It's all fun but for competition stuff, you really need a big bike (600+)

bungbung
13th May 2004, 11:18
WT, is fuel injection an advantage over carbys when your bike is on crazy angles from horizontal?

Would you need a swirl pot mounted on a funny angle for wheelies and the like, not to mention something sorted out for you oil supply?

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 11:23
I am so gonna be on the look out for a crashed R1 in a year or two to do this shit the right way... Just seems like so much fun... For now though, even if I do manage organise a proper stunt meet here, I most prolly wont be joining in...

White trash
13th May 2004, 11:24
WT, is fuel injection an advantage over carbys when your bike is on crazy angles from horizontal?

Would you need a swirl pot mounted on a funny angle for wheelies and the like, not to mention something sorted out for you oil supply?

Apparently, any sports bike after 2000 will handle it, you just need to run slightly higher oil level and any Suzuki post '98.

Early 'Blades had a problem with the placement of the oil pick up. The guys in the States do nothing other than frame strengthning and gearing so I'm thinking I'll be 'right. Time will tell and I'm in the fortunate position of having a clever bastard of a mechanic as a best mate to come up with solutions.

Somebody buy my fucking bike so I can get this progect rolling! Please!

White trash
13th May 2004, 11:25
I am so gonna be on the look out for a crashed R1 in a year or two to do this shit the right way... Just seems like so much fun... For now though, even if I do manage organise a proper stunt meet here, I most prolly wont be joining in...

Nothing wrong with that, sometimes the best enjoyment can be gained from just organising a shit hot event. :Punk:

Ghost Lemur
13th May 2004, 11:30

From that question I take it you haven't seen what the US stunters have been doing with their fiddy's. :D

I agree with WT, the most popular machines seem to be cbr900rr and the gsxr750. You do see the occasional r1 and some zx9r's.

WT - What are you doing as far as wheelie bar, crash bungs, etc? With the number of people interested it could be worthwhile doing a bulk buy from the US.

Anyone noticed there is a comp going on in Australia atm. Darius, Dan Jackson (with broken leg - so relagated to commentary), and about 1/2 doz other US riders are there battling with the Aussies.

The Aussies also have a Stunting Association up and running. Looks like NZ is as always slow on the uptake and therefore put behind the 8-ball.

It's good to see some momentum is now building.

White trash
13th May 2004, 11:36
F

WT - What are you doing as far as wheelie bar, crash bungs, etc? With the number of people interested it could be worthwhile doing a bulk buy from the US.

For the record it's called a 12 O'Clock bar and I'll be having one built when I have a bike to build. Depending on what model I use, I'll also have a stronger, braced sub frame built. A left hand mounted rear brake lever is an advantage as is a crash cage. I don't believe in crash bungs as I've seen them do a lot of damage to frames on impact. Yoshimura engine covers are a possibility too.

Down 2 teeth on the front sprocket and up 10 or 12 on the rear is the first mod along with winding the idle up to around 4000rpm.

Man, I wanna ride NOW!

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 11:41
A left hand mounted rear brake lever is an advantage

Shit! Can you do that? How does that go with the clutch being there?

I can do about 11 o'clock on my MTB and working on my 12s.

If I can get a left hand operated rear brake for the motorbike, I don't have to deal with swithcing the braking from left hand to right foot bullshit.

White trash
13th May 2004, 11:48
Shit! Can you do that? How does that go with the clutch being there?

I can do about 11 o'clock on my MTB and working on my 12s.

If I can get a left hand operated rear brake for the motorbike, I don't have to deal with swithcing the braking from left hand to right foot bullshit.

Piece of piss. You can splash out and buy a left thumb operated GP style one but any clever engineering type will be able to knock one out in a day or so.

You just have a really small MX style lever about 45 degrees below the clutch lever. Since you really only use it doing wheelies anyway it's in the perfect position.

Another tip for young players, if you want to drop the front REAL quick during an over rotated wheelie attempt and for whatever reason can't get to the rear brake. Grab a quick dap on the front brake lever. Be prepared for some very sore spuds for a while though. LOL

bungbung
13th May 2004, 11:52
...Another tip for young players, if you want to drop the front REAL quick during an over rotated wheelie attempt and for whatever reason can't get to the rear brake. Grab a quick dap on the front brake lever. Be prepared for some very sore spuds for a while though. LOL

With the front in the air? really?

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 11:55
Thanx! :niceone:

White trash
13th May 2004, 11:56
With the front in the air? really?

Think of the momentum a spinning front wheel has. Now stop it suddenly.

Don't practice it, it does hurt and it will stuff your fork seals. :crazy:

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 12:12
look Ive got to got to amcc tonight anyways -ill ask around about the whole deal

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 12:15
look Ive got to got to amcc tonight anyways -ill ask around about the whole deal

See you there tonight. I have to apply for my all too important race licence.

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 12:37
Ok guys n gals heres the deal--right from the horses mouth.
The old main straight of pukie is ruled out--its a no go zone
Paula Ireland is Pukekohe track manager her phone numbers are 0274745255 and 092380553
I only gave her very vague description of what was intended but on that basis she gave me an estimate of what would be involved to run an event there
1) track hire will be about $4000 for the day--from 10am (start bikes) to 5pm shut down. roughly speaking if 50 guys turn up to do it itll cost $80 each
2) we do need to organise public liability insurance at our expense
3) we need to organise st johns and a fire/rescue unit to be there
4)VERY important--the track is to be in the same condition as when we arrived -Rubbish to be picked up/and NO track damage -so burnouts will need to be on the concrete pads
Hey it looks like a lot of red tape and expense but I don't really think its insermountable--and lets face it --it is the perfect venue

Coldkiwi
13th May 2004, 12:44
Think of the momentum a spinning front wheel has. Now stop it suddenly.

Don't practice it, it does hurt and it will stuff your fork seals. :crazy:

yeah.. you can see this method used by MotoX stunters when doing crazy mid air tricks. Applying the brake to the rotating wheel trasnfers the rotational intertia from the wheel to the frame and brings the nose down. They counteract it by blipping the throttle which tips the nose back.

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 13:06
Ok guys n gals heres the deal--right from the horses mouth.
The old main straight of pukie is ruled out--its a no go zone
Paula Ireland is Pukekohe track manager her phone numbers are 0274745255 and 092380553
I only gave her very vague description of what was intended but on that basis she gave me an estimate of what would be involved to run an event there
1) track hire will be about $4000 for the day--from 10am (start bikes) to 5pm shut down. roughly speaking if 50 guys turn up to do it itll cost $80 each
2) we do need to organise public liability insurance at our expense
3) we need to organise st johns and a fire/rescue unit to be there
4)VERY important--the track is to be in the same condition as when we arrived -Rubbish to be picked up/and NO track damage -so burnouts will need to be on the concrete pads
Hey it looks like a lot of red tape and expense but I don't really think its insermountable--and lets face it --it is the perfect venue

Thank you very much for finding out the details xjxjxj! :niceone:

Getting 50 people organised just to go on a normal track day can be a hard enough task. However we can get the numbers for something like this cause just about anyone can go to a trackday and have fun.

50 people going there just to perform stunts? That is going to be very, very difficult. How many people out there are willing to go and do this anyway?

Thats just how I saw it.

I would love to hear it from more people and see what they think.

Pukekohe is still a possibility but I would like to know the costs for the other venus before deciding anything. I'll do some homework on this in the weekend.

White trash
13th May 2004, 13:12
Thank you very much for finding out the details xjxjxj! :niceone:

Getting 50 people organised just to go on a normal track day can be a hard enough task. However we can get the numbers for something like this cause just about anyone can go to a trackday and have fun.

50 people going there just to perform stunts? That is going to be very, very difficult. How many people out there are willing to go and do this anyway?

Thats just how I saw it.

I would love to hear it from more people and see what they think.

Pukekohe is still a possibility but I would like to know the costs for the other venus before deciding anything. I'll do some homework on this in the weekend.

100% correct. I'd look into Meremere as D/Monkey suggested. It'll only cost a grand and you just say no 1/4 miles so you dont need St Johns in attendance. There's gotta be some spunky nurses willing to come and stunt it up with you guys anyway. Then youve only got to find 10-15 people to play silly buggers all day.

As I said, count me in! :Punk:

DEATH_INC.
13th May 2004, 13:32
100% correct. I'd look into Meremere as D/Monkey suggested. It'll only cost a grand and you just say no 1/4 miles so you dont need St Johns in attendance. There's gotta be some spunky nurses willing to come and stunt it up with you guys anyway. Then youve only got to find 10-15 people to play silly buggers all day.

As I said, count me in! :Punk:

Draco is a qualified paramedic (Ambulance officer for 14 odd years...)so no probs with that side of it.I think St johns will provide an ambulance for a small donation too.....

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 13:57
We can have different rounds for different classes.

Pro Round
Guys entering this will be judged and there will be cash prizes given to the best of the best. They will get access to the track all day long and can enter Intermediate and beginner rounds.

Intermediate Round
These guys will be in it just for the fun of it but still would like to put on a show for the crowd. They pay 75% of what the guys would pay in the Pro Round. They do not get to compete in the Pro Rounds but can still enter Intermediate and Beginner Rounds. They will be judged but there will be no prizes for them.

Beginner Round
This group of people will basically be anyone with a bike willing to have a go. They can not compete in Pro or Intermediate rounds. They pay 50% of what the Pro Round guys pay. This will not be a competition so they will not be judged.

Spectating
A small cost of something like 5 bucks maybe put in place for those who would like to come for a watch.

This way we can still have people of all skill levels having fun on the day while boosting up the numbers and having the cash to pay for it all.

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 14:00
Hmm--I was thinking about that--what if we did a combined day -like as in 15 minute sessions like we did for track day --maybee 2 sessions for stunting then one session for a track ride--might be more people interested that way.
Id for sure come along--just to get some track time to fettle my bike.
the stunting could be done in a series of runs down the left side of the start finish straight --with the run back to wait your turn on the right hand track edge.track might even be wide enough to have 2 guys stunting side by side

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 14:33
Here is an Example:

If we hire out Merimeri for say 1000 bucks.

We just need about 5 Pro riders to pay $80.00 = $400

We need 5 Intermediate riders to pay $60.00 = $300

We need 10 Beginner riders to pay $40.00 = $400

We need about 20 Spectators to pay $5 each = $100
-------------------------------------------------------
Total = $1200

The left over money will need to go to Prize money/organising costs for the event and any money made after that will go to Kiwibiker.

Do you reckon this is realistic?

White trash
13th May 2004, 15:00
Here is an Example:

If we hire out Merimeri for say 1000 bucks.

We just need about 5 Pro riders to pay $80.00 = $400

We need 5 Intermediate riders to pay $60.00 = $300

We need 10 Beginner riders to pay $40.00 = $400

We need about 20 Spectators to pay $5 each = $100
-------------------------------------------------------
Total = $1200

The left over money will need to go to Prize money/organising costs for the event and any money made after that will go to Kiwibiker.

Do you reckon this is realistic?

Perfect! When's it start, give me a bit of practice time first.

The inaugral Kiwibiker stunt challenge. Ohhhh-yeahhhh!

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 15:04
Very important question --how much actually is meremere to hire??
Really need to get the facts here
Remember someone estimated pukie as being like $1500 for the day.
It does make a HUGE difference I think if it is run as a non ACU sanctioned event--ie it isnt covered under acu public liability insurance.
Im pretty sure we would need a paramedic actually sighned in for that event

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 15:06
raises a little point -I wonder what would be involved in making kiwibiker an acu/MNZ affiliated club ? --probably totally pie in the sky but imagine how much easier getting a race licence would be

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 15:11
Very important question --how much actually is meremere to hire??
Really need to get the facts here
Remember someone estimated pukie as being like $1500 for the day.
It does make a HUGE difference I think if it is run as a non ACU sanctioned event--ie it isnt covered under acu public liability insurance.
Im pretty sure we would need a paramedic actually sighned in for that event

No worries, I'll have it sorted by this weekend at the latest. The above costs are just for an example. Although I do expect the costs to be similar. I am hoping that the number of people will be higher as well.

Two Smoker
13th May 2004, 15:19
Well count me in no matter what :niceone: , ofcourse only in the beginner stage due to the size of my bike lol......

Meremere sounds the go, BUT XJ's thought on having two 15 min sessions for stunting and then a 15 min session for track racing sounds bloody good to me.... i don't want to stunt all day with a perfectly good track asking for some knee/peg/exhaust scraping action too........

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 15:23
XJ's thought on having two 15 min sessions for stunting and then a 15 min session for track racing sounds bloody good to me.... i don't want to stunt all day with a perfectly good track asking for some knee/peg/exhaust scraping action too........

If Pukie is choosen, we'll definetly have track time/stunt time.

Ghost Lemur
13th May 2004, 15:34
Alright, feel free to smack me down but this is just a personal observation.

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. It is amicable that you want to keep things above board and legal right from the get go. But the share amount of practice needed to get good requires pretty regualar partisipation. Therefore I think expecting people to outlay money right off the bat might be asking to much, particular when they could use that money repairing their bike after an off (as WILL happen). Don't get me wrong at this point, I think the idea of an "event" is brilliant. But maybe planning it for not this summer but the one following would be better. You're more likely to have a decent turnout over summer, plus this is still grassroots (underground?) as far as NZ is concerned.

My suggestion in the meantime would be, get a small circle of friend with the same goal, and form a crew. Don't organize meeting up online, do it over the phone. Find good quality spots (maybe half a doz that you can alternate between) where you can practice for free, it maybe a backroad, or a car park dependant on the day/time. Start building up a repotoir of stunts, with the help of constructive critisism from your crew.

Unless you got a bit of dosh, getting into stunting is going to wring the bank book as it is without having to pay everytime you practice.

I hope I'm making sense.

*hides under desk waiting for flames*

Motoracer
13th May 2004, 15:43

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. It is amicable that you want to keep things above board and legal right from the get go. But the share amount of practice needed to get good requires pretty regualar partisipation. Therefore I think expecting people to outlay money right off the bat might be asking to much, particular when they could use that money repairing their bike after an off (as WILL happen). Don't get me wrong at this point, I think the idea of an "event" is brilliant. But maybe planning it for not this summer but the one following would be better. You're more likely to have a decent turnout over summer, plus this is still grassroots (underground?) as far as NZ is concerned.

My suggestion in the meantime would be, get a small circle of friend with the same goal, and form a crew. Don't organize meeting up online, do it over the phone. Find good quality spots (maybe half a doz that you can alternate between) where you can practice for free, it maybe a backroad, or a car park dependant on the day/time. Start building up a repotoir of stunts, with the help of constructive critisism from your crew.

Unless you got a bit of dosh, getting into stunting is going to wring the bank book as it is without having to pay everytime you practice.

I hope I'm making sense.

That was my original plan exactly GL! However seeing how people seemed to not mind paying some money to go out there and do it the legal way, I posted my thoughts after that (most of the good ideas were from WT).

Good point about it being over the summer thing. I'll keep that in Mind.

Meanwhile, thoes wanting to have a bit of underground fun, PM me. I know a few places...

Although, Mind you there are some talented Stunters in NZ already. Probably nothing compaired to the top stunter pimps over in the US but still we can have our own little compition going. Who knows, where it might go.

White trash
13th May 2004, 16:48

Don't get me wrong at this point, I think the idea of an "event" is brilliant. But maybe planning it for not this summer but the one following would be better.

I hope I'm making sense.

Perfect sense, but look at it like this. An actual competition would only take 2 hours max. Each rider gets three, three minute runs, during which they are judged and scored. Their highest scoring run counts.

The rest of the day is spent practicing and learning. The only way for a lot of people learn things is by seeing it done by a master. The really good guys aren't going to turn up to a street to play on for an hour or so.

Secondly, if it's well publicised (such as here), more good riders will turn up. I think you'll be quite surprised at how many competant stunters there are lurking around NZ. I know of 3 or 4 who could make the transition to beginner competitions tomorrow.

Agreed, the first few competitions should be an invite type affair with friends and partners as spectators because the last thing you want is advertise it, get sponsorship, have 10000 people turn up for a show that turns out to be 2 guys doing a burnout and 400m wheelie each. You'll never hold another.

Have a few practices, a couple of months apart then a proper show in 12 months time. Promote it properly and you'll see some pretty amazing guys from the states and Australia here showing their skills. A company like Vodafone would be the perfect sponsor for that type of event.

I'm personally taking the sport seriously so it matters not to me if anyone else jumps on board or not. Obviously, I'd like some others to share the fun with but I dont think going down a back street to do a few wheelies is anything special, I behave like that on a normal ride with my mates.

But in the end, it's all subjective and people will do what they will :done:

Wenier
13th May 2004, 17:16
Id b up for that jus need the bigger bike first.

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 17:22
I agree with ghost --BUT All the stunters need to practice and the best place is in a controlled situation.
Im in no way suggesting it be publicly announced as an EVENT
More as a kiwibiker event like the saturday rides etc.
And you guys will feed off of one another -getting new ideas -thats what any sport does.
My BIG fear is that the stunters practicing stunts in public places is going to get stunting the same reputation as boy racers and we then get NO public support when it gets big-
Will it get big--well um er--lets see--crusty demons comes to mind-a bunch of guys going crazy on MX bikes

RiderInBlack
13th May 2004, 17:57
Id b up for that jus need the bigger bike first.Actually it would be easier to learn a lot of the tracks on your smaller lighter bike than on my big heavy CBR1000. Wish I had tried some of these when I had the GSXR250:( . The CBR1000 is a fu*ken heavy bike if I get it wrong (lot harder to correct). Learn the tricks on something lighter and then try it with a bigger bike (Trick Motocross Bikes are fu*ken light).

Two Smoker
13th May 2004, 18:02
Im willing to pay $$$ for a legal event to practice stunts, you can't do it on the road for too long, otherwise you attract attention... I would learn alot more from practicing stunts at Puke, than i have from back roads so far........

NordieBoy
13th May 2004, 19:31
the carparks are only about 100metres by 50 metres, and the roads a quite narrow with speed bumps everywhere.

Sounds excellent - for motards :niceone:

RiderInBlack
14th May 2004, 08:02
Don't know about that, but I loved playing "Tarseal MX" :ride: :Punk: with the speed humps on the GSXR250 & the VFR750 (lost my panniers doing that once:doh: ). Haven't tried that on the CBR1000F as yet (bit Heavy).

White trash
14th May 2004, 08:36

Everythings excellent for Motards.

Big Dog
14th May 2004, 14:53
I've just got, all the way from blighty, a new DVD from superbike.
"Kneedown masterclass". A tutorial that the title says it all. It also has lessons entitled "Burnouts and stoppies" and "Wheelies"

Approx 45 mins all up. Anyone want to organise a viewing, maybe with a few other vids as well? (my lounge is a bit small)

FROSTY
14th May 2004, 14:55
You're on mate --ill be as keen as
my lounge is pretty big I have vid player but only a 21 inch tv :spudwhat:

duckman
14th May 2004, 15:13
Heya Big Dog,

Id be keen tooooooooo. :banana:

Big Dog
14th May 2004, 15:17
You're on mate --ill be as keen as
my lounge is pretty big I have vid player but only a 21 inch tv :spudwhat:
DVD? :second:

Big Dog
14th May 2004, 15:22
Heya Big Dog,

Id be keen tooooooooo. :banana:
Right who's got the biggest Tv / Dvd / seats ratio. Who else can contribute some dvds or vids to watch?

Picture quality is not exactly Hollywood but it is good enough to get dizzy if you watch the knee down tutorials too closely :wacko:

Motoracer
14th May 2004, 15:29
I am keen as too. It'll be good to learn something!!

FROSTY
14th May 2004, 15:29
ive got the spacebut no dvd player--and a 21 inch tv (ex's have that ability to take the good stuff inside the house)