PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi been to Alaska next stop Labrador

hondav2
13th May 2006, 23:47
Follow my next ride http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137804 3 months ????? miles. Toddy

Colapop
13th May 2006, 23:55
From a country to a dog???

scumdog
14th May 2006, 20:54
You're a lucky bugger, good luck and keep us posted!!

feral1
15th May 2006, 21:19
Go hard, have a blast

Feral

hondav2
20th May 2006, 13:55
First stop auckland 1 night, Hollywood Hills with advrider Harry 1 night, Phoenix then on the road to advrider Mike in Mississippi. We then plan to meet up in North Corolina for a bikers meet of international riders at a bikers only camp ground. We will ride "The Tail Of The Dragon" 311 bends in 11 miles. Bring It ON. Toddy

scumdog
20th May 2006, 14:19
Good one Toddy - you'll be needing new steering head bearing after THAT ride!!

BTW If you're ever in the area the ride from Salem to Bend in Oregon via the 'scenic' route would have to be a food one - it's sealed but has left and right bends to Africa and never seems to end, narrow-as too.

hondav2
31st May 2006, 08:15
Yip Im finally on the road, check my ride on www.advrider.com Cheers Toddy

hondav2
11th June 2006, 04:27
Been on bike for 11 days, 4,000 miles , check ride on advrider, Cheers Toddy

hondav2
16th July 2006, 10:29
Just on a ferry between New Foundland and Cape Bretton Island , 2 much to tell yous but if you go 2 the link on first post you can read it all, or www.toddy.smugmug.com pics and blog up till Conneticut. get on www.advrider.com love to hear whats happening is the best riding place in the world. 1 week in New Foundland was a teaser, got to do it again. Toddy

hondav2
17th August 2006, 08:31
Well a lot has happened since i last posted on here. After the east coast it was a stop at the BMW International Rally 9,000 people there but no wet T or burnouts very reserved lot, they wouldnt give me a prize for miles traveled to get there as I wasnt on a beemer, next stop was 3 days at Lexington Mid Ohio for the vintage racing, motocross, trials, road racing, and swap meet with 1,400 vendors, bikes there was amazing. I also went to the AMA museum and hall of fame. I wasnt up with the Barber museum and Wheels thru time. Next stop was Sturgiss bike week for the 2nd time. I was helping my sporsors Alaska Leather beside the Bikini bike wash . Just wait till you see the pics, got busted in Wyoming for passing on yellow lines, cost $60 US .I decided to go past the Bonnerville salt flats and it was speed week ( old scumdog would be in 7th heaven there , all the old cars were great )so spent a day there. Bike numbers are up 30% thanks to Burt Munroe movie. I was treated like royalty when i told them i met Burt in the early 1970s and he lived not far away. Im in Nth CA heading to San Francisco then LA. Just trying to get bike home as well. Ive done 45,000 miles on it in 6 and a half months and 2 trips here , lots of good memories. Cheers Toddy

Zukin
17th August 2006, 10:47
Been on bike for 11 days, 4,000 miles , check ride on advrider, Cheers Toddy

Wow
I have enjoyed reading your progress :yes:
But one question though
11 days and 4,000 miles (6,500km), did you get a sore butt? What did you do to avoid this?

Cheers

hondav2
17th August 2006, 18:21
Wow
I have enjoyed reading your progress :yes:
But one question though
11 days and 4,000 miles (6,500km), did you get a sore butt? What did you do to avoid this?

Cheers

Barb from my sponsors www.alaskaleather.com Corbinised the seat. Made it wider and supplied me with one off her famous Butt Pads ( sheepshin seat cover ) Last year i done 800miles from 9am to 1am then 4 hours sleep and got in 1022 miles in 24 hours. You just have to shut out the pain. I have a good back rest to lean against which helps. I have put in a few 600 mile days. Toddy

hondav2
25th August 2006, 11:01
flew into Auckland this morning, just going to get some sleep , then check out bike shops on Kyber Pass. Party night with Jodi my daughter tonight, fly home tomorrow. Will let yous know when I get the pics and Blog onto Smugmug. Toddy

SDU
25th August 2006, 12:22
Welcome back Toddy. Hope you catch some :zzzz: & enjoy catching up with family & friends.
Its been great following your story. :rockon:
Hope your bike arrives with no probs & you get over the jet lag before you get itchy feet.

hondav2
18th September 2006, 00:29
I have finally got around to loading my best pics and blog onto www.toddy.smugmug.com enjoy the ride, Life has been a bit hectic since getting home, we are off for some marrige guidance next week, the price you pay for living your dreams. Toddy

Triumphy Chik
18th September 2006, 16:22
Hey great pix dude. And good luck with keeping your feet on the ground for a 'bit' .....:spanking:

hondav2
19th September 2006, 06:55
Hey great pix dude. And good luck with keeping your feet on the ground for a 'bit' .....:spanking:

Its a battle, start marrige guidance councelling on thursday, the price you pay for living your dreams. Back to work next week. Are you guys coming down for another south Is ride. I got this trip on DVD and could give yous a run thru it plus my Alaska trip and have a few beers. Hope your keeping this blue bike shiney and upright, was at Butchs on sunday, he was asking after you. Toddy

Triumphy Chik
19th September 2006, 09:12
I think the WCTMC's are going north this year, but there may be some going down to Invers for the Burt Munro rally. There are a few going from here, but I haven't decided on that one yet.:scratch:

hondav2
22nd September 2006, 21:30
I think the WCTMC's are going north this year, but there may be some going down to Invers for the Burt Munro rally. There are a few going from here, but I haven't decided on that one yet.:scratch:

You will have to come down for the Burt Rally or be prepared for a good :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: :spanking: Toddy

hondav2
5th November 2006, 20:09
Been home 4 just over 2 months now and back at work again, marrige guidance is a must do after a big ride, best thing was the family court paid for it. Looking forward to catching up with you guys again in the future. Todd

scumdog
6th November 2006, 00:52
Been home 4 just over 2 months now and back at work again, marrige guidance is a must do after a big ride, best thing was the family court paid for it. Looking forward to catching up with you guys again in the future. Todd

Good one Toddy, glad it seems to be working out.
CB and I are heading to the Magpie and a look at the Jokers bike show, the Bert Munro Challenge will be next year for us.

hondav2
30th November 2006, 21:02
Just reporting the DR ( MR Fukengruvin ) is home and all road legal. Cost was heaps havnt added it all up but will be about $5k NZ by the time I got it Vin ed . Worth it as after 75,000km in 7 months i couldnt part with it. to many good memories and times on it and more to come. Next big ride on it will be NZ then might look at Aust. The marrige is going well and took my good lady to the Burt Munroe rally on the Harley and No2 son took Mr Fukengruvin . It attracts a lot of interest with all the stickers and places its been to . Might have to put in an apology 4 SI Rally as looks like we are going down to the Dilligaf Poker run at the same weekend. Catch up with yous soon. Cheers Toddy.

hondav2
30th November 2006, 21:13
Just trying to put a pic on here

scumdog
4th December 2006, 17:59
Just reporting the DR ( MR Fukengruvin ) is home and all road legal. Cost was heaps havnt added it all up but will be about $5k NZ by the time I got it Vin ed . Worth it as after 75,000km in 7 months i couldnt part with it. to many good memories and times on it and more to come. Next big ride on it will be NZ then might look at Aust. The marrige is going well and took my good lady to the Burt Munroe rally on the Harley and No2 son took Mr Fukengruvin . It attracts a lot of interest with all the stickers and places its been to . Might have to put in an apology 4 SI Rally as looks like we are going down to the Dilligaf Poker run at the same weekend. Catch up with yous soon. Cheers Toddy.

Good shit Toddy, seems like it's you have yer shit sorted out eh?

Catch ya at a rally somewhere/sometime.:yes:

clint640
7th December 2006, 09:33
Hi Toddy, Keep us posted on any touring up Norf. Be good to catch up for a ride and/or beer again. Otherwise I'll be making a pretty solid effort to be at the Burt next yr & might see ya then.

Cheers
Clint