PDA

View Full Version : bike covers

vs04
14th May 2006, 08:37
Does anybody use those bike covers that you can get from supercheap auto.A friend of mine bought one but is getting major condensation forming inside it even though the bike sits in a shed.Was thinking of getting one but not so sure now,seems to defeat the purpose if this is what happens.Anybody had or heard of this happening.Cheers.

jimbo600
14th May 2006, 08:41
Can't help ya sorry keep my bike in the lounge

inlinefour
14th May 2006, 09:12
Does anybody use those bike covers that you can get from supercheap auto.A friend of mine bought one but is getting major condensation forming inside it even though the bike sits in a shed.Was thinking of getting one but not so sure now,seems to defeat the purpose if this is what happens.Anybody had or heard of this happening.Cheers.

are wondering if I'll use it if this ia the case as I've been using old sheets as covers on my old bikes. Does your friend wait until the bike is totally cold? If the bike is still warm/hot I could understand the condensation. A bit more information would be helpfull regarding the use of bike covers...:mellow:

GR81
14th May 2006, 09:47
i used to use one, never had a condensation build up.
bike used to come out looking like itd been garaged.

vs04
14th May 2006, 10:09
are wondering if I'll use it if this ia the case as I've been using old sheets as covers on my old bikes. Does your friend wait until the bike is totally cold? If the bike is still warm/hot I could understand the condensation. A bit more information would be helpfull regarding the use of bike covers...:mellow:
No she waits till it,s stone cold before covering,i asked her the same question.I will say that the shed she keeps it in is an old garden shed but it dose,nt leak and is dry enough, concrete floor etc.

inlinefour
14th May 2006, 10:32
No she waits till it,s stone cold before covering,i asked her the same question.I will say that the shed she keeps it in is an old garden shed but it dose,nt leak and is dry enough, concrete floor etc.

I'd never put any of my bikes in the garden shed, ever, even if I owned a Kawasaki! If her shed is anything like ours, then moisture is a common problem. Nothing to do with the bike being there, but its hard to know without having a look. Often it only takes a wee bit of condensation to cause a problem and relates to if the building was made with appropriate materials. However this is speculation...:mellow:

rfc85
14th May 2006, 10:39
i've had one for a couple of months now,and it does a good job,never had condensation inside. i've got a screen and bags fitted and use the middle sized cover,it covers the bike except for the front wheel/disc. it has 2 vents similar to a tent.

rasty
14th May 2006, 11:32
I have one and use it whenever I am not garaging the bike. Haven't nmoticed any condensation - the mirrors and screen keep the cover off the bike and let lots of air circulate.

I have the middle size but check the box -- cunning guys put the bike cover in a car-cover box and walk out paying 29.95 instead of 49.95 (or something like that)

diggydog
14th May 2006, 13:06
hi all ,my self looking to buying a bike cover soon went in to check out prices can be expensive. I found u can buy either a wet cover or dust cover,which mean's that could be the diffrenece between them, and inlinefour said depending on the material in the garage and location.
i have garage separated from house, 1967- with block walls & iron roof with no condensation, but problem with dust, so i stick a bed sheet on for now