PDA

View Full Version : Cold Duck

Bonez
14th May 2006, 11:39
Went and stayed Friday night. Camped next to some nice gents who rode Bmw and an old Goldwing. Had a ball Friday night. Some gent with a german accent poured Canadian Club down my throat. Surprisingly fit and healthy the next Saturday morning, which makes a change.

Decided I'd tag along with Rodger and leave Saturday morning. Plodded in to Mum and Dads's at Havelock North via Middle Rd. and they were watching "The Worlds Fastest Indian", so we hung around till that was over.

Then off over the Napier-Taihape Rd. Had lunch on that grand bit of road. Pie and coffee at Taihapi. Turned off and bypassed the main rd hugging the hills on some nice country roads. A lot of sheep out of paddocks. Back route to Apiti via a smidgeon of gravel, as you do on a GB. Pint and chips at the Apiti pub. Then off home for a much needed bath then off to bed for my nanna nap.

Attacked the GB this morning with the water blaster the remove the gling-ons, cleaned and lubbed the chain ready for it's next scoot. Just about due for and oil/filter change too I notice.

Where to next Rodger?

u4ea
14th May 2006, 12:44
awesome to hear you made it........was looking like a cold and wet one this year so well done.

froggyfrenchman
14th May 2006, 17:38
Bloody awesome weekend!

Yes folks, it was me that dropped the gb doing rolling burnouts on friday night.

And yes it was me that put a gb on the pad last night.

Bloody awesome! Had a few with larriken, bet he has some tales to tell.....

Shadows
14th May 2006, 23:15
Bloody awesome weekend!

Yes folks, it was me that dropped the gb doing rolling burnouts on friday night.

And yes it was me that put a gb on the pad last night.

Bloody awesome! Had a few with larriken, bet he has some tales to tell.....

I take it that the GB met a better fate than the VT or whatever it was I saw on the burnout pad this morning (or should that be the "burnt out" pad?).
I saw a couple of GBs, have you got "TT" in big letters painted on your tank (aftermarket job, "Honda" not showing)? Used to have one of those, great little bike it was.
Highlight larf of the weekend had to be Mr. Pasty White Legs having a go at the V8 trikies for spraying mud on his tent. What pedigree that man!
That full rev wall of mud spat all over him as an apology was simply magnificent :killingme

Those pitbikes were a fucking nuisance though. They should have been thrown on top of the VT.

Bonez
15th May 2006, 05:22
I take it that the GB met a better fate than the VT or whatever it was I saw on the burnout pad this morning (or should that be the "burnt out" pad?).I think the big bad Harley riding boys trailered the poor wee VT to the rally but needed space on the trailer for the return trip...........

timorang
15th May 2006, 10:26
Did 1400kms over the weekend, made possible by the Cold Duck. Thx to the Waipawa MC Club! I too thought the uppity gent who put his tent up in the firing line of the trikes was excellent comic value. Good decision to withdraw his protestations when he did. The judge of the the wet T (no T) got it wrong; the first contestant (who I suspect belongs to the Froggyfrenchman) should have featured highly.

The best roads we covered were in the main cop free and dry being Taupo to Napier, Hwg 50, and the Gentle Annie (Napier to Taihape). I had never ridden the Gentle Annie before. It is now on the must ride again list - it was fantastic. What a blast racing against my mates SV1000 through there. The only thing that could have made it better was if the bikes were free of all the touring and camping gear.

Waiouru to Auckland was wet and cold, but we were prepared and reamined dry and warm. Arrived home safe, sound and very pleased with the past three days. Bike may have earned itself a clean next weekend. Och well back to the 'real world' now to pay for the next unreal world experience.

froggyfrenchman
15th May 2006, 15:58
I take it that the GB met a better fate than the VT or whatever it was I saw on the burnout pad this morning (or should that be the "burnt out" pad?).
I saw a couple of GBs, have you got "TT" in big letters painted on your tank (aftermarket job, "Honda" not showing)? Used to have one of those, great little bike it was.
Highlight larf of the weekend had to be Mr. Pasty White Legs having a go at the V8 trikies for spraying mud on his tent. What pedigree that man!
That full rev wall of mud spat all over him as an apology was simply magnificent :killingme

Those pitbikes were a fucking nuisance though. They should have been thrown on top of the VT.

Black and gold gb with TT on the tank and the wings on the side covers, yeah thats mine. The missis rode it there and I took the 750.

froggyfrenchman
15th May 2006, 16:03
The judge of the the wet T (no T) got it wrong; the first contestant (who I suspect belongs to the Froggyfrenchman) should have featured highly.

She is the cooker of my eggs, Kiwibiker's own miss "gn1nitestnd".

That judge was the owner of the Patangata Tavern, a pub that I damn near live at, His wife behind the bar was telling me two weeks ago that she would be far from happy if he approved of any young chicks in the wet t. She was just kidding, but there is no acounting for taste. My girl agrees that the winner was picked correctly but 2nd and third were possibly a bit wrong.

Was a bastard to have to go back to the real world today....

OK, WHO GOT SOME PICS OVER THE WEEKEND??

froggyfrenchman
15th May 2006, 17:51
Right, just got some photos samantha took developed.

Picture 1: Mike fugging over a new tire on the dirty old tl1000s

Picture 2: The Osaka must die! Petrol injected into the pipe and a magneto feeding a couple of plugs near the end.

Picture 3: The morning after, Taking the burnout pad a bit literally

Picture 4: Two of the young fellas we took snoozing at the Patangata tavern on Sunday morning. Now that was entertainment!

Shadows
17th May 2006, 21:26
Picture 2: The Osaka must die! Petrol injected into the pipe and a magneto feeding a couple of plugs near the end.

Those dudes were camped up right next to us. He never managed to kill it. Reckons he'll try again next year.

Shadows
17th May 2006, 21:27
Black and gold gb with TT on the tank and the wings on the side covers, yeah thats mine. The missis rode it there and I took the 750.

Oh it was you. Nice mullet :Punk:

froggyfrenchman
19th May 2006, 15:42
Oh it was you. Nice mullet :Punk:

It was better... Slapper hairdresser cut like 5 inches off it. I was pissed off!

combo man
22nd May 2006, 10:41
Did 1400kms over the weekend, made possible by the Cold Duck. Thx to the Waipawa MC Club! I too thought the uppity gent who put his tent up in the firing line of the trikes was excellent comic value. Good decision to withdraw his protestations when he did. The judge of the the wet T (no T) got it wrong; the first contestant (who I suspect belongs to the Froggyfrenchman) should have featured highly.

The best roads we covered were in the main cop free and dry being Taupo to Napier, Hwg 50, and the Gentle Annie (Napier to Taihape). I had never ridden the Gentle Annie before. It is now on the must ride again list - it was fantastic. What a blast racing against my mates SV1000 through there. The only thing that could have made it better was if the bikes were free of all the touring and camping gear.

Waiouru to Auckland was wet and cold, but we were prepared and reamined dry and warm. Arrived home safe, sound and very pleased with the past three days. Bike may have earned itself a clean next weekend. Och well back to the 'real world' now to pay for the next unreal world experience.
Yeah, "Annie's" a great peice of road alright! Bonze and me have done it twice in the last 3 weeks, as you do on a Gb! Tried to get the lads to do it yesterday, but no go! We came home through Ormondville, on the seal!

Bonez
22nd May 2006, 19:01
Yeah, "Annie's" a great peice of road alright! Bonze and me have done it twice in the last 3 weeks, as you do on a Gb! Tried to get the lads to do it yesterday, but no go! We came home through Ormondville, on the seal!Tis quite amazing the amount of kit one can sqeeze onto a GB. It truely is a budget tourer ;).