PDA

View Full Version : dss3 Race report, PMCC, Manfield 14.05.06

dss3
15th May 2006, 10:01
Well, for those that might be interested, here's my weekend at Manfield.

Started off pretty average, having to load up the bike and pack everything with a killer hangover and no sleep, and the prospect of the long drive from Ham's. Good night out though eh Quasievil and Torque!

Me and Loosebruce were heading down together. and we must have made it about 50km from Ham's when a cop pulls me over. I really did deserve a ticket though... travelling at a whopping 103km/h FFS what a wanker, pretty obviously just revenue collecting that ticket, so its see you later to $80.00 and another 20 demerits.

On to the racing... having only been to Manfield once a year or so ago on a 400cc bike meant basically learning the track from scratch. Went out in a "run in" session and managed to work out what gears to be in for most corners. Then because F1 is allowed out in F2 qualifying I got another chance to familiarise myself with the track. Unfortunately my chronic clutch slip had returned so it was one lap and into the pits.

I wound out the very last of my clutch adjustment before the F1 qualifying and had the smallest amount of free play left. Went out onto the track around midfield, as you never really know where about you are going to fit in, and don't want to hold everyone up at the front. Spent most of my time passing people and only really got one clear lap in, still had a bit of clutch slip but not too bad. Qualified second with about a 1.13:5 or there abouts I think. Still felt I could take at least half a second of that time pretty easily, and probably a whole lot more.

Came back in and myself and Motoracer set about putting some washers under my clutch springs to help out the clutch situation. In the end we got the job done with time to spare. But it was starting to get a little bit stressful as we had a few hickups trying to get it all put back together.

The weather had held up all morning and the track was dry, then as we got ready to line up on the dummy grid it began to spit. I got a pretty crap start as the clutch felt quite different, but still held second place. Was feeling confident that I should be able to take the lead and pull away, but as the rain began to increase the slicks just got more and more slippery. I had a few pretty decent slides and was passed and put into third place. At this point I decided it was a good idea to just ride safely and not push too much. The last thing I wanted to do was crash on slicks in the wet, having done that two weekends ago. Ended up in 4th place.

That was it for racing, as despite putting on wets for the next race the meeting was cancelled before we went out again.

So overall fairly happy with the weekend, despite only getting a 4th position, I feel a lot more comfortable about the track for the next round. And depending on who enters for the next round i'm also confident of getting some good times and finishing positions.

Big thanks to all those that helped out on the day. Motoracer for all his help in the pits, along with Cowpoos, and Vtec. Rossigal who helped and also followed us back to Ham's to keep an eye on the bikes on the trailer for us. Quasievil and Quasimoto for their support, Shaun for the lending of his awning, without which we would have all got soaked.

Looking foward to round two and being more prepared, and hopefully some better weather.

Daryl.

sAsLEX
15th May 2006, 10:06
good to hear! Might pay to write in about that 3kmhr ticket, how can anyone not stray that tiny fraction over the limit! Thats why they have the lee way that is often mentioned at 10 kmhr over.

Two Smoker
15th May 2006, 10:08
Gave Bruce the learn aye??? Good shit mate... ill try make it down to beat you :bleh:

DemonWolf
15th May 2006, 10:09
Appears to be abit extreme for a ticket..!

Good writeup. cheers

cowpoos
15th May 2006, 10:15
good stuff bro....another successful outting for team muppit racing eh!! shame about the last race been pulled after all that mucking around ya did for changing wets,etc....

dss3
15th May 2006, 10:30
good to hear! Might pay to write in about that 3kmhr ticket, how can anyone not stray that tiny fraction over the limit! Thats why they have the lee way that is often mentioned at 10 kmhr over.

Yeah, should point out I was towing a trailer, so technically should only be doing 90km/h. Still pretty rude I reckon.

dss3
15th May 2006, 10:34
Gave Bruce the learn aye??? Good shit mate... ill try make it down to beat you :bleh:

Try and make it down?... or try to beat me?... :bleh: :-)

Two Smoker
15th May 2006, 11:53
Try and make it down?... or try to beat me?... :bleh: :-)

Both :bleh: 1:13's with a possible 1:12.... need to find 6-5 more seconds to make it with the big boys :bleh:

All in all as said before, good shit on the racing!!!

AND WHERE ARE MY ROTORS????

dss3
15th May 2006, 12:23
[QUOTE=Two Smoker AND WHERE ARE MY ROTORS????[/QUOTE]

Are your fingers painted on mate? Give him a call and ask him, I only played delivery bitch for you.

F1 Engineering
6 Colombo St Hamilton
0-7-847 6990

Sparky Bills
15th May 2006, 12:40
Good stuff dude.
You were looking very good out there.
You just love loosing that rear end of yours dont ya!

slowpoke
15th May 2006, 12:58
Haha, I saw the awning and thought you must have gotten your shit together.....NUP!!!

Two Smoker
15th May 2006, 13:02
Are your fingers painted on mate? Give him a call and ask him, I only played delivery bitch for you.

F1 Engineering
6 Colombo St Hamilton
0-7-847 6990

Yes, yes they are... other than being at physio being put through excrutiating pain... I cant be arsed or fork out the $$ to ring hamilhole... However, you being a resident of hamilhole, it would be easier for you to ring them :bleh: ... You can also be pick up bitch too... :bleh:

dss3
15th May 2006, 13:02
Haha, I saw the awning and thought you must have gotten your shit together.....NUP!!!

Haha, nah not quite yet aye!... getting there, so far spare rims, tyres, generators and bike stuff has taken precidence over awnings and other things. :soon:

To be honest we thought that if we got to the track before 7.30 we'd get a pit... how wrong we were!

loosebruce
15th May 2006, 13:07
Gave Bruce the learn aye???

Everyone gave me the learn i spent 4 and 1/2 laps looking for small rocks to throw at daryl and chip that helmet of his as he was still criculating.

Two Smoker
15th May 2006, 13:07
Haha, nah not quite yet aye!... getting there, so far spare rims, tyres, generators and bike stuff has taken precidence over awnings and other things. :soon:

To be honest we thought that if we got to the track before 7.30 we'd get a pit... how wrong we were!

I forgot to tell Bruce that when i saw him :doh: have to get there 6:00-6:30...

Two Smoker
15th May 2006, 13:09
Everyone gave me the learn i spent 4 and 1/2 laps looking for small rocks to throw at daryl and chip that helmet of his as he was still criculating.

LMAO!!! Wheres your race report aye???

loosebruce
15th May 2006, 13:10
have to get there 6:00-6:30...

Fuck that for a joke, i'll stick to a bit of plywood in future for shelter.

dss3
15th May 2006, 13:13
Yes, yes they are... other than being at physio being put through excrutiating pain... I cant be arsed or fork out the $$ to ring hamilhole... However, you being a resident of hamilhole, it would be easier for you to ring them :bleh: ... You can also be pick up bitch too... :bleh:

He hasn't done them yet, said he will try to in the next few days.

Fishy
15th May 2006, 13:22
Anyone know how Nicko went on Sunday?

dss3
15th May 2006, 13:28

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=131540

Two Smoker
15th May 2006, 13:31

Qualified 9th, 6th in the first race (missed out on 5th by 0.15 seconds) with a time of 1:13.7... and 9th in the second race...

Fishy
15th May 2006, 13:39
Cheers guys. Sounds like you had a bit of fun eh. What happened to Bruce? Did the wet track bite him?

loosebruce
15th May 2006, 14:00
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=131540

Hey thats cool, didn't know about that, haha fuck it why did i crash my standing lap (which was my only timed lap) would've seen me 5th easy, :stupid: it's only 1.3 seconds off your best daryl, you fucken dead this sunday homo, $50 says i take you down, one way or another. You gonna front up you pussy?

dss3
15th May 2006, 14:02
Hey thats cool, didn't know about that, haha fuck it why did i crash my standing lap (which was my only timed lap) would've seen me 5th easy, :stupid: it's only 1.3 seconds off your best daryl, you fucken dead this sunday homo, $50 says i take you down, one way or another. You gonna front up you pussy?

Your on, alternatively I will accept 50 double browns.

loosebruce
15th May 2006, 14:04
Your on, alternatively I will accept 50 double browns.

Before or After? Or should it be a can a lap, or seeing as time maybe short a half doz a lap?

dss3
15th May 2006, 14:07
Before or After? Or should it be a can a lap, or seeing as time maybe short a half doz a lap?

Now you are talking, you WILL be made my bitch in this game mate!... we will finish off my eating three dry weetbix and whistling as we spin around with a broom on our head 20 times and then try jump over it....

babyB
15th May 2006, 14:48
cool write up good luck for ya next meet guys

loosebruce
15th May 2006, 14:52
Now you are talking, you WILL be made my bitch in this game mate!... we will finish off my eating three dry weetbix and whistling as we spin around with a broom on our head 20 times and then try jump over it....

Shit i thought Nationals were going to be tough, should we let Stroud in on this one?

vtec
15th May 2006, 22:36
Another chapter in the chronicles of the KB legends. You guys are bloody crack up.

It's hard to hold back in those wet conditions when you see people going faster than you. It really plays in your head.. You must have good self control aswell as insane skillz. Where do all these bastards who kick arse in the wet come from?

dss3
15th May 2006, 22:49
Another chapter in the chronicles of the KB legends. You guys are bloody crack up.

It's hard to hold back in those wet conditions when you see people going faster than you. It really plays in your head.. You must have good self control aswell as insane skillz. Where do all these bastards who kick arse in the wet come from?

I think you are mislead young one!

We are KB jackasses not legends, we aren't crack ups, we just crack up our bikes. Nothing plays in our heads, it would just get lonely in there all by itself in that vast nothingness, self contol! pffft we have no control, havent you seen ride... i mean slide...

dss3
15th May 2006, 22:50

I think you are mislead young one!

We are KB jackasses not legends, we aren't crack ups, we just crack up our bikes up. Nothing plays in our heads, it would just get lonely in there all by itself in that vast nothingness. Self contol! Pffft we have no control, havent you seen ride... i mean slide... Where do they come from... they come from behind us... then they pass us.