PDA

View Full Version : Is there life beyond KB?

Virago
16th May 2006, 19:57
Well, after a "domestic disagreement" :mega: early last month, about the amount of time on spent on KB, I took a voluntary "holiday" from the site. About 6 weeks I've been gone, and I stayed off the site, apart from a brief visit to log out.

The first couple of days were the worst. The withdrawal symptoms were terrible - I kept sitting down at the computer wanting to check for new posts and messages.

Every time I went on the 'net, I automatically skimmed down my favourites to KB. I didn't click on though.

The withdrawal symptoms eased, but didn't stop. However, I think I've broken the addiction, and it's now time to drop in to say hello.:woohoo:

So what have I been doing while away? Well, the first thing I can advise that THERE IS LIFE BEYOND KB! Repeat - THERE IS LIFE BEYOND KB!

The one big difference I noted - sitting at the computer to do paperwork for the business was of much shorter duration - an invoicing run that was taking 6 hours, could actually be done in under 3 hours. The lesson learnt - KB doesn't really run in "the background".

It appears that I missed out on a good KB ride last weekend - my only regret so far. Sorry guys - next time!

yungatart
16th May 2006, 20:02
Aw, don't log off. Stay awhile. You know you want to....

lies!!! it's all lies!!!

James Deuce
16th May 2006, 20:03
RSS is your friend. Use firefox, add the RSS feed to your bookmarks toolbar, and you can see new thread titles pop up as they are started and you can choose which one to dip into from the drop down.

DemonWolf
16th May 2006, 20:05
haha good stuff yungatart.. lure him back on! then he'll never leave!

Virago mate, I've got the same problem, very addictive.. and now I'm have to force myself to do work when at work! and its piling up! argh!

kickingzebra
16th May 2006, 20:07
RSS, does that come with a wireless feed straight into my brain? would save so much time!!!!

Virago
16th May 2006, 20:19
What we need is a sub-forum for "KBaholics". It would be used by around 10% of KBer's, with the other 90% being in denial....

Scorpygirl
16th May 2006, 20:23
What we need is a sub-forum for "KBaholics". It would be used by around 10% of KBer's, with the other 90% being in denial....

Denial, what denial?!!! I can give up KB anytime I like!!!! :Punk:

*Scorpygirl goes off to tremors and sweats in the corner*

Now what were the 12 steps again.... :killingme

TonyB
16th May 2006, 20:26
Given some of the stuff thats been posted over the last few months, I reckon there are a hell of a lot of people who need to be reminded of this....

THERE IS LIFE BEYOND KB! Repeat - THERE IS LIFE BEYOND KB!

Jantar
16th May 2006, 20:56
I thought you were conspicuous by your absence. So welcome back. :drinkup:

Madness
16th May 2006, 21:04
My partner told me just the other day that she is a KB widow. And that after only a few months of me being in here. I figure she used to be an Army wife, so she'll get over it.

Don't worry, You're not alone.

kickingzebra
16th May 2006, 21:08
My wife has Mcleods daughters once a week. I have motorcycle regalia, KB is a vast component of this regalia. Is it a fair trade? I dunno... But she is slowly getting addicted.... Muhahaha

bugjuice
16th May 2006, 22:21
the only life is KB or biking. it's one or the other, or revolving round one or tuther. My boss said to me to stop wasting company time on KB. Lasted 3 days. I could loose my job or at least get disciplined on it, but I just have no work to do, so what do I do? Load up KB..

jrandom
16th May 2006, 22:43
My boss said to me to stop wasting company time on KB.

Mmph.

Amazing how much I get done now that work has blocked KB at the proxy server and I can only log on at home when SWMBO is out of town.

Top tip: don't give up on Umberto Eco just because The Name of the Rose was a top-heavy twaddle-fest. The Island of the Day Before is proving quite lighthearted and witty.

Maybe he read my review on amazon.com and repented of his Joycian pretenses.

Lou Girardin
17th May 2006, 08:30
Hi, my name is Lou, I'm a KBholic.
Cheers.

scumdog
17th May 2006, 08:42
You mean there IS life without KB??:confused:

Well I better shoot off and use some of that life!!:soon:

(Denial, denial, denial......)

Squeak the Rat
17th May 2006, 08:47
Some people think you mean "Is there is WIFE beyond KB?".

KB becomes the natural choice.....

bugjuice
17th May 2006, 09:16
anyway, I've said it once, and I'll say it again - I can -q anytime..

babyB
17th May 2006, 09:42
Hell no!!
well maybe, but only when the power is off or im sleeping
but im usually hiding in the closet anyway

Fishy
17th May 2006, 10:03
Hi my name is Josh and yes I can admit, I have a problem. I can't help myself logging onto KB as soon as I get to work in the morning. Do I need help?

ManDownUnder
17th May 2006, 10:26
Hi my name is Josh and yes I can admit, I have a problem. I can't help myself logging onto KB as soon as I get to work in the morning. Do I need help?

Nope - sounds like you have the process sussed....

Favourites, KB, and CLICK!

Fishy
17th May 2006, 10:31
Yep seems like its ok to be addicted to KB (during work hours) :niceone: boss doesn't mind I'm on the net all the time....he thinks I'm on Trademe so that ok :laugh:

Motu
17th May 2006, 10:31
My bike would be back together and running months ago if I didn't sit in my office with the heater going ''just checking up'' on this bloody site,instead of out in the cold workshop actualy doing some work....on my own stuff.

Insanity_rules
17th May 2006, 10:36
I gave up for a weekend and man was I Jones'n

Squeak the Rat
17th May 2006, 10:37
Good call Motu.

If any of you jokers on here work for me you're fired. Messing around all day on the bloody web. :mega:

It's not a KB specific problem. For instance, there are currently 32,133 people online on a certain tardme website right now.

Fishy
17th May 2006, 13:59
Yep seems like its ok to be addicted to KB (during work hours) :niceone: boss doesn't mind I'm on the net all the time....he thinks I'm on Trademe so that ok :laugh:

Bugger no KB for the next 2 days!... my boss has said I have to go fishing with one of our suppliers tomorrow and I have Friday off to study.

Oakie
20th May 2006, 20:46
No more KB for me at work. They've made an adjustment to the network so the first time you log on to the internet each day you get a dialogue box saying "I acknowledge that I have read the company policy about private internet access from work PCs" You've got to click on 'yes' to get any further so you don't really have a leg to stand on if you do the private thing.
Of course I could always say that KB is a site I use to study people with Mental Health issues but as I'm the payroll guy and not one of our mental health workers I probably wouldn't get away with it.

Scorpygirl
20th May 2006, 20:57
No more KB for me at work. They've made an adjustment to the network so the first time you log on to the internet each day you get a dialogue box saying "I acknowledge that I have read the company policy about private internet access from work PCs" You've got to click on 'yes' to get any further so you don't really have a leg to stand on if you do the private thing.
Of course I could always say that KB is a site I use to study people with Mental Health issues but as I'm the payroll guy and not one of our mental health workers I probably wouldn't get away with it.

Hahahah... You could always try. I could be the guinea pig or is that the rabbit!!!! :killingme I have lots of experience in MH so would be a perfect candidate!!! :laugh:

far queue
20th May 2006, 22:00
Hi, my name is Far Queue and I haven't been on KB for about 4 weeks now.

Oh yes, very addictive. I was spending waaay to much time on here, at home and at work. I was getting whinged at home from the other half, but no comments at work, although it was impacting my output. So, when the bike bike had some enforced time off the road while waiting for parts from Japan, I decided to go cold turkey on here too. I spent more time on my other interests that had been neglected, more time with the family, and got more done at work. The bike will be back on the road tomorrow, so I thought I'd pop back here for a look see what's going on. Well, well lo and behold more KBaholics. Anyway, I'm back, but my attendance will be moderated from what it was before.

I've met some great people through these forums and been on some great rides. I look forward to more of the same, but this site is only a small part of the rich tapestry of life, not life itself.

Edbear
21st May 2006, 09:14
but this site is only a small part of the rich tapestry of life, not life itself.

Mmmmm! You're probably right....but....:shutup: :innocent:

Wellyman
21st May 2006, 09:35
Yes i can say I spend a fair bit of time one this site. When I can't ride their is nothing else to do around the house.
WM

inlinefour
21st May 2006, 11:16
the only life is KB or biking. it's one or the other, or revolving round one or tuther. My boss said to me to stop wasting company time on KB. Lasted 3 days. I could loose my job or at least get disciplined on it, but I just have no work to do, so what do I do? Load up KB..

My boss took a different tact. He is aware of how I like the site, but also stated that he knows I get the work done before I connect to the net. In fact at times on nightshift, its KBer that keeps me awake. Although I post much less then I used to (thank goodness). During my recient injury, I got to read alot of KBer, but was have trouble posting. Everyone understands that I have an addiction (motorcycles) and are quite understanding when I decline an invite to whatever due to the fact that it'll get in the way. Although I often arrive at partys etc on a bike, just don't drink often. Used to get given a hard time about not drinking, until I said well get on the back of my CBR. People went rather quiet as a result. Remember all, we work to live, somethings seriously wrong if your living to work...

Pixie
29th May 2006, 02:18
My wife has Mcleods daughters once a week.
Can she lend them to me?

babyB
11th June 2006, 17:17
life outside of here well after the last week it saddens me to say there is life outside of here :gob: after having net, builder, plasters, painters etc commin and going , totaly turning our lives upsidedown, i realize how much i appreciate SpankMe for KB:not: . it is here that i relax and unwind in the wee small hours of the night. & now i have to sign out for another week or so as my office is also about to b dissasembled & moved:( .
with the kids gone for the week i may have to resort to filing my fingernails :crybaby: :bye: