PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

u4ea
16th May 2006, 20:31
well i have downsized :shifty: due to being a bit gunshy after my little spill (and the difference between family commitments and a rebuild)and have bought a 97 suzuki gs500E.:ride: :spudflip: its a twin and should have enuff ponies to get me where i need to go.so when theres a local ride on i will be there .big thanx to andy for having a look at it for me:spudflip:

UrbanMyth
16th May 2006, 20:37
awesome,congratz

Ghost Lemur
16th May 2006, 23:47
awesome,congratz

Agree totally..

Oh, and PIX please.

We's like our motorcycle pr0n round these parts. Nekkid bike are best.

On a serious note. There's nothing wrong with downsizing. You still on two wheels where other are not. Still getting you kicks and giggles. Still with the pleasure. Never quite bought into the whole bigger is better. Depends on your needs and desires as too what's best.

Wasn't joking about the pix, loving seeing others pride 'n joy.

Buster
17th May 2006, 00:22
Nice one Jodi, I knew you would get back on!! :Punk: We need to hook up for a ride sometime aye? Awsome buy mate. Well done.

zadok
17th May 2006, 08:32
Nice one Jodi, I knew you would get back on!! :Punk: We need to hook up for a ride sometime aye? Awsome buy mate. Well done.
Like the proverbial falling off a horse; you at least got back on. Onya :headbang:

Mr. Peanut
17th May 2006, 08:39
What did you have before? GS500's aint exactly slow... :mellow:

James Deuce
17th May 2006, 08:40
This thread is pointless without PICTURES!

Congrats - nice choice. Wondeful bike with superb handling.

kiwifruit
17th May 2006, 08:52
yep, good bikes those :) congrats

u4ea
17th May 2006, 09:06
thanks for your kind words,am sure i will be asking for advice further down the line too,like what tyres to put on,its still got some called winners on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!.bike is definatly been loved and needs a bit of a pretty cosmetically but the engine and other things are sweet.as for a picture aside from putting up on profile how do i add to thread????????

keza
17th May 2006, 09:23
awsome bike lots of fun and not to slow cheap on gas handle what more do you want congrats

u4ea
17th May 2006, 09:46
What did you have before? GS500's aint exactly slow... :mellow:
2000 yamaha trx 850

placidfemme
17th May 2006, 11:53
Kewl, congrats on the new bike :)

Pwalo
17th May 2006, 12:07
thanks for your kind words,am sure i will be asking for advice further down the line too,like what tyres to put on,its still got some called winners on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!.bike is definatly been loved and needs a bit of a pretty cosmetically but the engine and other things are sweet.as for a picture aside from putting up on profile how do i add to thread????????

You could try Bridgestone BT45s. I'm running them on my K1, and them on my '97. Good in the wet and dry.

The GS is pretty easy to work on/ do up. If you get the time you might want to have a look at the US and UK GS500 owner's web sites. Lots of good information and ideas.

PM me if you need any info. I've got a spare manual lying around somewhere if you're interested.

Cheers

Brownbikerbabe
18th May 2006, 09:24
Congrats, sorry to hear of your spill. You go! Getting back on that horse is exactly the thing to do! Stay safe.

Paul in NZ
18th May 2006, 10:09
Bloody awful motorcycle...

Some clown went around the outside of me an manfield on one of those pitiful things and then just to prove what an utter wanker he really was, he proceeded to go around the inside of me as well.. I tell you, nothing but trouble those GS500 owners, man was obviously blind and could not see I was riding a thoroughbred Italian sports machine and he had no business attempting dangerous stuff like that...

nah... Go for it mate. Bloody good bikes for real riding. I had a fast night ride through the Hunderlees with a mad woman (and apparently bullet proof) who was 2 up on one and she was having a ball... Bike looked like it was last cleaned and serviced at the factory but still going strong...

Excellent....

Beemer
22nd May 2006, 09:36
big thanx to andy for having a look at it for me:spudflip:

I hope that's not my husband Andy you're talking about! Hey, another female rider in Levin, wow, that makes about four of us now.

Lisa_Mandy
6th August 2006, 09:17
Excellent bike - passed my test on one! Very fond memories! Enjoy it.