PDA

View Full Version : Hello From the UK

brit_vtr
11th May 2004, 21:27
Well I aint exactly a newbie (40 years old ...almost an old codger).
But I was born and bred in chch and have been livining in the Uk since 1987, oh and I own a bike so I guess I qualify.

Tiz a Honda VTR Firestorm.
:)

Marknz
11th May 2004, 21:29
Welcome brit_vtr... what year is your 'storm?

Deano
11th May 2004, 21:36
But I was born and bred in chch and have been livining in the Uk since 1987, oh and I own a bike so I guess I qualify.

Welcome to the site mate.

Nice choice of bike - how long have you been riding ?

dangerous
11th May 2004, 22:01
Oh hell.... I've converted another from the UK VTR site, Good to see you could make it dig in and tell us ya thoughts on some of our rather off topic topics...... always good for a laugh :confused:
And theres a few here that will make you feel young again :shit:

brit_vtr
11th May 2004, 22:11
Hi, All.

Been riding since 1979 (ouch that old I,m affraid), Raced in F2 for Kawasaki, road against people like Brent Jones, Roger Freeth (sorry old folk only will know these guys).

Crashed out big time in 82 season....lotsa broken bones !!.

Started riding again this month...

Bike is a 97/98 model storm, Viper Race Cans, ported & polished heads, cams, blade front forks.....goes like stink does about 70 miles to the tank (full chat).....scares the crap outta me !!.

So thats it in a nutshell, but thanks (I think) to Dangerous for pointing me this way.
:done:

wari
11th May 2004, 22:11

... and you're still there ? ... musta married a rich white woman eh?

Say hi to Elizabeth for me ... :spudwave:

.. and welcomm home you old bastard.

brit_vtr
11th May 2004, 22:15
Wari....

You r up late, Liz says Hello !!.

Married a rich English girl now she's poor.....and so am I !!.
:msn-wink:

magnum
13th May 2004, 13:19
hello and welcome

brit_vtr
13th May 2004, 17:30
hello and welcome

well thankyou!!

Ms Piggy
13th May 2004, 17:38
Started riding again this month...

Welcome back then! :2thumbsup This is great place with lotsa good sorts, all sorts & odd sorts!

brit_vtr
13th May 2004, 17:48
Welcome back then! :2thumbsup This is great place with lotsa good sorts, all sorts & odd sorts!

I thought "All Sorts" were liquorice ??, so therefore I must be an "Odd Sort"....guess I must be living over here.
:innocent:

toads
13th May 2004, 18:06
hello and welcome, I'm impressed with your bravery getting back into bikes after "lotsa broken bones" are you racing again or merely choosing bikes as a mode of transport. cheers Lucy

brit_vtr
13th May 2004, 18:14
hello and welcome, I'm impressed with your bravery getting back into bikes after "lotsa broken bones" are you racing again or merely choosing bikes as a mode of transport. cheers Lucy

Not racing as such (not allowed...wifes orders), maybe the odd track day. This is just a "toy", for summer (dont laugh, we get a least one good week a year !!!).