PDA

View Full Version : Track day, Taupo, 31st may, Full track

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 08:49
31st may, (wed)
Full track
10am to 4pm with half an hour break for lunch
$80

Deposit into ANZ, Taupo, 01-0427-0113872-50 (a/c name Peter J Harkess)

EDIT: We will be accepting payment on the day

SN4PD
18th May 2006, 09:58
If your attending you can register at http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=868&day=2006-5-31&c=1 :)

cowpoos
18th May 2006, 10:16
Mr Poo's is very very keen....mite see if Mr jimbo600 wants to come play too!

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 10:33
thanks Liam
will you be able to ride by then?

good shit CP, see you there!

Matt Bleck
18th May 2006, 10:33
Oh yeah baby I'm in for that with-out a doubt!!!

tuto
18th May 2006, 10:34
im in

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 10:41
Oh yeah baby I'm in for that with-out a doubt!!!

Give you a few laps on the thou if you are keen m8

Matt Bleck
18th May 2006, 10:45
I won't give it back, I'll just pull in to pit lane and ride of into the sunset on it...

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 10:47
hahaha, you shouldn't have told me that!

Postie
18th May 2006, 10:50
bollocks i have new toy to play with and REALLY want to go on the full Taupo track, but alas, i won't be in NZ...... next time for me i guess....

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 10:51
gutted postie
there will bea next time, about 4 weeks after this one

Postie
18th May 2006, 10:53
gutted postie
there will bea next time, about 4 weeks after this one
sweet, i'm there. getting cold though... brrrrr

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 12:36
we are thinking of doing 30 minute sessions
any feedback appreciated

Matt Bleck
18th May 2006, 14:03
really? 30 minutes, I might have to get fit.....

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 14:08
yeah, me too!
im keen on doing standing starts in the fast group too, but i dunno if we will allowed to do that.....

2much
18th May 2006, 17:11
we are thinking of doing 30 minute sessions
any feedback appreciated

You expect me to carry this gut around the track for 30 minutes?
Fark that! I'm looking for the ambo's when I come in from a 20 min session!

sugilite
18th May 2006, 20:35
Oh waaay cool, I'll ride my postie bike up, as long as the shock is back in time...I've not done the new track yet!

Highlander
18th May 2006, 20:39
Just a thrash round the track for experience sake, or will training pointers be offered?

ajturbo
18th May 2006, 20:45
bugger... toooo close to the kbtrack day..... grrrrr..... but next time..:shifty:

kickingzebra
18th May 2006, 20:48
Depends on dollars, I may be a starter.... I'll have to suck in my belt, but 30 min sessions sound like fun!!

kiwifruit
18th May 2006, 21:14
Just a thrash round the track for experience sake
yes,
at this stage thats all it is.

cowpoos
18th May 2006, 21:31
Oh waaay cool, I'll ride my postie bike up, as long as the shock is back in time...I've not done the new track yet!
you got a trailer....I got a ute!

sugilite
18th May 2006, 21:37
you got a trailer....I got a ute!

Hmm, an interesting concept there :sherlock:
I can get a trailer, and it would mean I can take my 9 as a back up bike if the 750 is not a goer :ride:
Cheers bro....

Jase W
18th May 2006, 23:41
Im keen. Will have to sort out work though being a wednesday...

loosebruce
19th May 2006, 09:02
If Dss3 is keen we may come down for a play, gotta break into the 41's lol, plus if it rains we can get some practice in on the wets, mint.

So hopefully see you cats there.

loosebruce
19th May 2006, 09:37
Oh well there goes that idea, Dss3 can't get off work, but if any one is heading down from Akld-Hams way give me a shout.

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 09:52
Oh well there goes that idea, Dss3 can't get off work, but if any one is heading down from Akld-Hams way give me a shout.
borrow a van bro!!

codgyoleracer
19th May 2006, 10:38
Is this for kiwibker people only or is it a general "open test day" at the track ?- May have some mates that will come along, Is it Bikes only:done: ?,

Ben O
19th May 2006, 16:28
Hey I am really keen to go again, had a great time last time. Hopefully my bike lasts that long, It's starting to make some interesting noises...

Will try sort it out and let you know as soon as.

kiwifruit
19th May 2006, 16:34
Is this for kiwibker people only or is it a general "open test day" at the track ?- May have some mates that will come along, Is it Bikes only:done: ?,

Its not anything to do with kiwibiker
bikes only

Good shit Ben!
hope the bike is ok :shit:
be good to have you again

loosebruce
19th May 2006, 16:38
borrow a van bro!!

For sure thats the easy part, but i can't afford to get there and back by myself, and plus i'm not sure if i can afford it full stop, got to buy tyre warmers and just had to buy a new clutch kit today as well.

2much
19th May 2006, 16:38
Hey I am really keen to go again, had a great time last time. Hopefully my bike lasts that long, It's starting to make some interesting noises...

Will try sort it out and let you know as soon as.

Get some earplugs... that should sort the problem.

Mental Trousers
19th May 2006, 17:00

A graduate of Te Puke Bush Mechanics school. :2thumbsup

Ben O
19th May 2006, 18:27

Sounds like a plan, see if aunty helen can lend me some more money

Jase W
19th May 2006, 23:35
Dont you mean Uncle Helen?

Ill see how my funds are looking next week after i get paid.

You best be coming Ben, gotta give tips to the track virgin hehe

Ben O
21st May 2006, 16:25
...probably gonna need a new tyre bro, was "borderline" last time. See what I can do. Just started reading Total Control by Lee Parks, should borrow that probably got more tips than me haha.

kiwifruit
22nd May 2006, 16:56
Aite
All those who want in please email me on allanmail@gmail.com
i will forward you the bank account details, rules etc.
A deposit of $40 will secure you a place with the balance of $40 payable on the day.
Heres your chance to blat the full track, with a relaxed atmosphere.
Cheers, Allan.

DingDong
22nd May 2006, 18:21
arrgggg.... shit I cant go to this one either, will be heading to Aus with the family and I dont think the wife will be as understanding as last weekend should I miss the plane:bye:

sorry Al, I'll get there one day:bye:

kickingzebra
22nd May 2006, 18:29
Can't do it bro, the dollars are out to get me!! Gutted!!

kiwifruit
22nd May 2006, 19:32
No worries guys, there will be a next time

DEATH_INC.
22nd May 2006, 19:34
Me and Loosebruce wanna team up and come down, but I won't know if I can afford it 'till payday, can we get back to ya this weekend?

kiwifruit
22nd May 2006, 20:07
yep, no problem
would be great to have you guys there

Matt Bleck
23rd May 2006, 10:30
Sorry to say I can't do this one, thanks to TD3 I now need a new rear tyre, also need to get me rear shock serviced and should probably get the swing arm bearing replaced...as well as pay the rates, blah, blah, blah...... :cry:

kiwifruit
23rd May 2006, 10:32
Gutted Paul! Next time man....

justsomeguy
23rd May 2006, 20:35
Hi there,

Anyone from Auckland able to give me and my bike a lift down??

Or is anyone planning on riding down the night before from Auckland??

Please reply here as I can't recieve PM's due to being in the dogbox.:innocent:

JSG

LG&MO
24th May 2006, 09:31
Is this still on?

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 10:08
Is this still on?
Sure is :) & welcome to the site

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 10:23
this is copied and pasted, details for payments, rules etc:

We know it is short notice but the 14B Group have just secured a full day at the Taupo 3.5km international track at the low cost of $80 per rider (normally priced at $120). Details below:

Regards
Peter H.

14B Group Track Day III

Taupo 3.5km Race Track, Wednesday 31st May 2006

Track Day Information and Rules

To ensure that all involved have a safe and fun day please familiarise yourself with the following information and track day rules. Please note that this track day is a private hire restricted to invited motorcyclists and support people and guests only.

Track Fee: $80 per rider. To reserve a place payment of the Track Fee is required by Thursday 25th May 2006 by either:

i) Cash or cheque mailed to: ‘Track Day’, 826 Wily Tce, Acacia Bay, Taupo.

Make your cheque payable to ‘Track Day’ and include your name, email address (or telephone number) for confirmation of receipt.

ii) Credit ANZ Bank account no 01-0427-0113872-50 (a/c name Peter J Harkess)

Include a 6 digit number (e.g. your DOB as ddmmyy) in the reference field of your direct credit. Then email your name, reference number and date of transaction for confirmation of receipt to: harkess@clear.net.nz

Contact: For phone queries contact Peter Harkess at 07 378 1108

Timetable: 9.00 – 9.45am Registration and Scrutineering

9.45 – 10.00am Riders Briefing

10.00 – 4.00pm+ Riding Sessions

Groups: Group 1 Rider ability: Experienced/Expert

Group 2 Rider ability: Intermediate.

Group 3 Rider ability: Novice.

Sessions:

Each group will have a max. of 30. Riders may change groups during the day if numbers permit.
Groups will have four 25-minute riding sessions (approx. 10-12 laps per session).
The first lap of session 1 will be led by a lead rider as a sighting lap.
Riders will be called to the pit lane assembling area 10 minutes prior to start time.
If time permits at the end of the day there will be an open session for all riders to participate in.

Track Riding Rules:

You may ride at your own pace. There will be no lead rider (except for the sighting lap).
Do not overtake on the inside line of a leading rider on corners.
When slowing down or exiting to pit lane indicate by raising your left arm.
Stay to the right side of the track when exiting to pit lane and observe the 40kph speed limit.
No pillion riders and no unauthorised persons are permitted on the track at any time.
No unauthorised vehicles (including cars, quads, trikes and sidecars) are permitted on the track.

Flags:

Yellow Flag: Slow down and be aware of track conditions.
Red Flag: Session halted. Slow down, be aware of track conditions and exit at pit lane.
Black Flag: Flagged rider must immediately exit at pit lane.
Chequered Flag: End of session. Slow down and exit at pit lane.

Registration and Scrutineering:

All riders must complete registration and scrutineering by 9.45am.
All riders must have a current NZ motorcycle licence.
All bikes will be scrutineered for mechanical fitness. Road bikes must have a current WOF.
Protective riding gear (helmet, clothing, boots and gloves) must be to an approved standard.
The hirer’s decision on mechanical fitness and acceptable riding gear is absolute and final.

The 14B Group (The Organiser) reserves the right to expel any rider or support person or guest at any time for any breach of the rules as The Organiser sees fit and no refund of any monies will be given. The Organiser and property owners will not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage to the property of any person and The Organiser will not enter into any correspondence with regard to any claim that may arise from participation or attendance by any person at this track day. For reasons of Force Majeure The Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the track day in adverse weather conditions. Should this track day or any part thereof be cancelled, Track Fee refunds will only be made at the sole discretion of The Organiser. 14B Group-31May06

ZeroIndex
24th May 2006, 10:59
dammit.. why on a wednesday.. not a monday or a sunday? i work on wednesdays.. bugger..

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 11:12
sorry Zeroindex!
it was going to be on thursday the 1st but we got beat to that date....
would never be on the weekend as the costs 4 track hire are sky high
monday is a possiblity for the future
they are most likely to be held on thursdays and fridays

couldnt get the wednesday off could ya? :whistle:

justsomeguy
24th May 2006, 12:31
Hi Kiwifruit,

You mention that it will be ok to confirm attendance by the weekend - is this still OK? As the rules state that payment should be made by tomorrow?
How many riders are currently signed up in the intermediate and novice categories?
In your experience how flexible are they with stopping for bad weather? Some of us love a little bit of rain.Kind Regards,
JSG

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 13:19
Thanks for the questions JSG

the above is just a copy and paste job, all tho it says payment is due tomorrow we will take payments as late as monday (via bank deposit)

at the moment we have about 10 confirmed, in total, ekk!!!!
9 of them are in the intermediate and novice groups
someone better be joining me in the "fast group"! I dont want to be alone :cry: (comeon r4q2 :cry: remortage that house!)

last time we had one it pissed down and it was still run
as long as its not dangerous... ie people crapping off left right and middle due to water on the track
i had a great time as i had suitable tyres.....
i honestly cant see rain stopping the day

feel free to wait til sunday and see what the weather is doing
from what i can gather its gonna be sweet :sunny:

2much
24th May 2006, 13:48
last time we had one it pissed down and it was still run

*cough* Bullshit!

Lookin likely that I'll be joining ya in that fast group mate, so atleast you'll have me to chase.... just gonna have to turn my tyres around to wear the other side.:blip:

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 13:51
ok, so it wasnt "Pissing down" but it was raining.... and had been raining all day :P

good! im about ready to give you the learn :)

Matt Bleck
24th May 2006, 13:53
*cough* Bullshit!

Lookin likely that I'll be joining ya in that fast group mate, so atleast you'll have me to chase.... just gonna have to turn my tyres around to wear the other side.:blip:

Your only going cause I won't be there to teach you a lesson!:motu:

2much
24th May 2006, 13:57
I'm still waiting for that lesson...... Damn sessions were to short last weekend, you'ld get away from me while I was warming my tyres up, then just as I could see you ahead and was preparing to pouce I'ld see that fucken checkered flag!

NEXT TIME BUDDY!

on that note, I didn't get passed by any 750's in the end.

Matt Bleck
24th May 2006, 14:00
lol, yeah thought I'd take it easy on ya, didn't want to burst ya bubble with Olivia there.

Mental Trousers
24th May 2006, 14:23
on that note, I didn't get passed by any 750's in the end.

You were saved by Noel parking on the edge of the track :nya:

ZeroIndex
24th May 2006, 15:52
sorry Zeroindex!
it was going to be on thursday the 1st but we got beat to that date....
would never be on the weekend as the costs 4 track hire are sky high
monday is a possiblity for the future
they are most likely to be held on thursdays and fridays

couldnt get the wednesday off could ya? :whistle:
haha, I would probably just be watching at this stage anyway.. but I work Tuesday to Saturday, so if it was on a saturday, I just ditch work early, and finish it on Sunday or Monday, and Mondays.. well I don't work on those days..

loosebruce
25th May 2006, 09:14
someone better be joining me in the "fast group"! I dont want to be alone :

Oh you wont be alone out there Allan, i might be though :ar15:

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 09:51
mind you bro that egos getting priddy big....mite start slowing ya down soon eh!!! lmfao!

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 10:56

That sounds like a challenge!
In which case i fold :)

DEATH_INC.
25th May 2006, 12:37
I'm in too, I'll sort payment out either tonight or during the weekend.....

Cajun
25th May 2006, 12:40
sweet be great to catch up with ya bruce, and death again.

loosebruce
25th May 2006, 13:02
Nice one Neal, you migt have an issue catching me though, but will see you in the pits for sure, (ya like that poo's hahaha)

Nah hopefully Ant (sugilite) comes up, he's fairly handy on that ZX9R, got to be carefull he doesn't learn my "secert lines" he is comptetion after all, mind you i'm not sure of my lines anyway, i just try n keep it on the black stuff.

Matt Bleck
25th May 2006, 13:08
Seeing as I've already got the day off, I might come down and watch.

loosebruce
25th May 2006, 13:14
Seeing as I've already got the day off, I might come down and RIDE.

Nice one bro, see you there :scooter:

Matt Bleck
25th May 2006, 13:26
Nice one bro, see you there :scooter:

Mate I would love to!! I just don't have the cash to replace my rear tyre at the mo.

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 13:31
will see if i can get you out on my bike r4q2

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 13:41
Nice one Neal, you migt have an issue catching me though, but will see you in the pits for sure, (ya like that poo's hahaha)

Nah hopefully Ant (sugilite) comes up, he's fairly handy on that ZX9R, got to be carefull he doesn't learn my "secert lines" he is comptetion after all, mind you i'm not sure of my lines anyway, i just try n keep it on the black stuff.

Ya recon u could give me a few tips on the day bro?
I really really wana get me knee down!

Tim_F
25th May 2006, 13:42
Will try to make it. The place I work is being a bit tough about leave at the moment. I might have to invent a dead uncle (funeral in Taupo on Wednesday of course). Rode in "medium" last weekend. Might stretch to "fast" this time. Payment should be on it's way today.

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 13:45
Will try to make it. The place I work is being a bit tough about leave at the moment. I might have to invent a dead uncle (funeral in Taupo on Wednesday of course). Rode in "medium" last weekend. Might stretch to "fast" this time. Payment should be on it's way today.

Good stuff!
Make sure you use a 6 digit code with ur payment :)
If you are unsure if you can make it, hold off payment until u are sure.....

Welcome to the site btw

Cajun
25th May 2006, 14:19
hahaha bruce, i be in front of you

well until you come up to lap me for the god knows how many time

loosebruce
25th May 2006, 14:38
Ya recon u could give me a few tips on the day bro?
I really really wana get me knee down!

Yea for sure Allan, will go for a cruise round a few laps with you, and see what i can do for you. CaN got his knee down for the first time, should have a chat with him as well.
Alot of it is just braking later, leaning more and gassing it sooner and harder, easy as pie, few tings to think about is just relax first, get loose, i reckon its a bit better to go slower into the corner and use the power to go through the corner (gently), hanging off helps and body position, which i'll help you work on, there are a few coners which are great for this, so i reckon you'll come out with a few scrapes by the end of the day, once you get it first time the seconds easy, your confidence takes a huge step, and you either do it all day every day or fall off lol.

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 14:45

Cajun
25th May 2006, 15:03
yeah i wanna do simlar as well bruce, might try it on the 400 before i try it on the gixxer

DEATH_INC.
25th May 2006, 16:11
Alot of it is just braking later, leaning more and gassing it sooner and harder, easy as pie, MMmmm pies...

dss3
25th May 2006, 17:04
Fuck you all, I hope the day is cancelled, if I can't go I don't see why anyone else should be able to have fun without me!!

.... MMMmmm maybe your right Bruce... could be a bit of flu I feel coming on....

justsomeguy
25th May 2006, 17:33
Hi Kiwifruit,

Will there be an ambulance in attendance?

I am 99% in, I shall confirm by Monday morning (I'll only cancel if there is a storm warning issued). I may be bringing along Duckaddict if we can find a replacement rear brake lever for his MC19 CBR250R.

Hey WussyBrucey if DA manages to come along we will be hiring a van and driving down with you and The WheelieMan on the morning. Please make sure those two gixxers of yours behave themselves and don't attack the poor little Honda's we will be carrying.

If DA can't make it I'll ride down the night before and stay at Camelia's.

JSG

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 19:04
There will be an ambo there JSG, not that we shall need it

dss3, see you there :blip:

DEATH_INC.
25th May 2006, 19:15
Fuck you all, I hope the day is cancelled, if I can't go I don't see why anyone else should be able to have fun without me!!

.... MMMmmm maybe your right Bruce... could be a bit of flu I feel coming on....
Piss off and go to work....I want those tyre warmers

DEATH_INC.
25th May 2006, 19:22
Is that bank acc # in the post further up correct? Can ya pm me the right one otherwise...

dss3
25th May 2006, 19:53
Is that bank acc # in the post further up correct? Can ya pm me the right one otherwise...

nah, that account further up is wrong mate, is should be:

d smith
Bnz victoria st
Hamilton
03 0498 0233636 00 ;-P

I reckon your pretty safe for the warmers, I got too much work on right now, plus got a fair bit of work I wanna do to the bike before VMCC rd 2.

kiwifruit
25th May 2006, 20:36
Is that bank acc # in the post further up correct?

yes

ANZ Taupo
01-0427-0113872-50
Peter J Harkess

loosebruce
25th May 2006, 23:22
Piss off and go to work....I want those tyre warmers

Hhahaha fuck thats funny, nice move with the bank account daryl, shame you can't make it down bro, wont be the same without you, who am i gonna chase around? Death :nya:

loosebruce
25th May 2006, 23:25
Hey WussyBrucey if DA manages to come along we will be hiring a van and driving down with you and The WheelieMan on the morning. Please make sure those two gixxers of yours behave themselves and don't attack the poor little Honda's we will be carrying.

JSG

Yea sweet as, if you can keep up, seen Death in a hurry to get to the track lately, oh no wait maybe we should give Jen the keys? :blip:

DEATH_INC.
26th May 2006, 08:20
Na, she not gonna make this one......
Chase me? Are you gonna see how many times you can lap me in one session??? bastard

justsomeguy
27th May 2006, 15:19
Yea sweet as, if you can keep up, seen Death in a hurry to get to the track lately, oh no wait maybe we should give Jen the keys? :blip:

Cheers Bud,

See you and Death on the day. I'll give you a ring closer to the time to arrange the details.

So from what you say - Jen is the fastest driver followed by Death?? If you want I can give you driving lessons:blip: (hope you don't get car sick:killingme)

kiwifruit
27th May 2006, 23:23
Still heaps of spaces remaining folks

ZeroIndex
27th May 2006, 23:39
dammit.. I wish I had a nice bike to go racing on, and money to come to the trackday, and have the day off.. :( damn reality..

kiwifruit
29th May 2006, 08:56
We will be accepting payment on the day as numbers as low

loosebruce
29th May 2006, 09:02
Wicked that suits people who forgot to out money through :whistle:

See you there

justsomeguy
29th May 2006, 12:50
Hi Guys,

Sorry I’m out,

I made the stupid mistake of going for a ride yesterday. I now need new tyres if I want to do Wed’s track day and Harris’s track day, this will push up the cost of this track day for me from $250 to $ 730. Then another few hundred for the Harris day… I wish I was richer.

A ton of regrets,
JSG

kiwifruit
29th May 2006, 15:00
Sorry to hear that JSG
you would have loved the full track

magnum
29th May 2006, 15:54
may turn up,depends on if da fishing is on,mmm priorities....

kiwifruit
29th May 2006, 15:58
good as gold magnum, might see you there :)

WRT
29th May 2006, 16:02
Got the day off work, looking forward to seeing you guys down there. The lure of the full track is strong, I tell ya.

ZeroIndex
29th May 2006, 16:05
HAHAHA Post 999.. just like Quasi's Ducati :D

WRT
29th May 2006, 16:06
Shoulda written that in red then

kiwifruit
29th May 2006, 16:06
Got the day off work, looking forward to seeing you guys down there. The lure of the full track is strong, I tell ya.
haha, good shit! see you there :)

MattRSK
29th May 2006, 16:13
Just got my first leather race suit, cheers to Rick at lifestyle imports. BRING ON THE TRACK.

loosebruce
29th May 2006, 16:18
Got the day off work, looking forward to seeing you guys down there. The lure of the full track is strong, I tell ya. An plus i'll let loosebruce ride my RSVR

Mint, awfully good of you mate, i've had my eye on one of them as my next road bike, be interesting to see how it stacks up against the might that was the TL1000S, think i owe you a pizza or two :yes:

WRT
29th May 2006, 16:20
Mint, awfully good of you mate, i've had my eye on one of them as my next road bike, be interesting to see how it stacks up against the might that was the TL1000S, think i owe you a pizza or two :yes:

Well, I was gonna, but now that you mention that you just want to see how well it "stacks up", all deals are off. I've seen the state of your TL, thats been stacked plenty methinks.

kiwifruit
29th May 2006, 16:24
Just got my first leather race suit, cheers to Rick at lifestyle imports. BRING ON THE TRACK.

good work Matt
is it your first time on the track?

loosebruce
29th May 2006, 16:30
Well, I was gonna, but now that you mention that you just want to see how well it "stacks up", all deals are off. I've seen the state of your TL, thats been stacked plenty methinks.

Dont know wot ya on about, the TL was a minta (by my standards)

Cajun
29th May 2006, 16:35
yes that is a standard bruce model

ZeroIndex
29th May 2006, 16:38
what color was it?

HAHAHA 1000 POSTS!!!

Two Smoker
29th May 2006, 16:41
Wish i could make it to give Bruce the learn :bleh: , but my bike wont be ready till 3rd of June... BTW... as said before in previous threads... Bruces TL was a work of art... alot of effort went into making it like it was... not everyone would flip their bike to make it look cool....

All the best for everyone going to the track day... hope it runs smoothly for you Kiwifruit :niceone:

loosebruce
29th May 2006, 16:49
Bout time for the GSXR to have a make over dont ya think, only i'll try not to break both my hands this time.

Two Smoker
29th May 2006, 16:53
Bout time for the GSXR to have a make over dont ya think, only i'll try not to break both my hands this time. I think im beating you in remodelling GSX-R's arent I??? I can do it for you if you like... BTW ill need my tyre warmers and stand soon.... Pick them up on friday from hells...???

loosebruce
29th May 2006, 16:57
I think im beating you in remodelling GSX-R's arent I??? I can do it for you if you like... BTW ill need my tyre warmers and stand soon.... Pick them up on friday from hells...???

Pfft your ones come out looking normal again though!!!!

Yea friday's good, or i can bring em down to puke for you on Saturday, either or?

Two Smoker
29th May 2006, 17:01
Pfft your ones come out looking normal again though!!!!

Yea friday's good, or i can bring em down to puke for you on Saturday, either or?

Chloe and i will pop over on friday...

MattRSK
29th May 2006, 21:48
I got a black grey and white suit. Yeah it will be my first time out on the track. But I dont think I can make it will have to stick to starting out in the streetstocks at manfeild, cant wait..:rockon:

kiwifruit
30th May 2006, 08:34
If its anything like today, weather wise, we are in for a treat!
If you are coming, come nice and early (8.30am) to the new pits,
we are limited to 90 riders, i dont think we will reach that number but ya never know! (hopefully not, so we can have 2 groups instead of 3:D)
:rockon:

DEATH_INC.
30th May 2006, 08:38
8.30????? You ever tried to get LB up at 5am :lol:
we'll prolly roll in at 9.59 and be ready :niceone:

Cajun
30th May 2006, 08:38
8.30 damn, we got no show of getting there that early mate. i though did not start until 10?

kiwifruit
30th May 2006, 08:43
First track session starts at 10
there will as little fucking around as possible ;)
basicly the earlier you get there the better for us
if people come at 10 etc its only gonna slow the day up
please be there by 9-30 at the latest, riders breefing is at 9-45
then we want to RIDE :)

loosebruce
30th May 2006, 08:47
8.30????? You ever tried to get LB up at 5am :lol:
we'll prolly roll in at 9.59 and be ready :niceone:

Hey i can move at that time of the morning, i just dont wake up till at least midday, i just use my spidey sense to find my way round the track the first half of the morning :zzzz: :blip:

emaN
30th May 2006, 12:30
Might come down in the afternoon with the vid cam & get some footage

looks like you may've picked the day for it too! weather's mint!

Matt Bleck
30th May 2006, 14:50
I was gunna ride tomorrow but found last nite that I've got a blowin fork seal due to a small nic in the inner tube, F**K!!!!

Oh well SlickD will be takin a few pics so put ya best dud's on!!!!

C u's 2mora.....

kiwifruit
30th May 2006, 15:53
Might come down in the afternoon with the vid cam & get some footage

looks like you may've picked the day for it too! weather's mint!

sounds good! :D
yeah, i hope this weather holds

I was gunna ride tomorrow but found last nite that I've got a blowin fork seal due to a small nic in the inner tube, F**K!!!!

C u's 2mora.....
Dude! that sucks :'(
great news SlickD is gonna be there tho.... thanks man :niceone:
see you tomorrow

magnum
30th May 2006, 16:40
yeah will be there 2 moro,got some shiny new tyres to break in,stuff da fishin.:scooter:

loosebruce
30th May 2006, 16:44

Does that mean i have to clean my leathers?

justsomeguy
30th May 2006, 16:46
Guess what??

Bruce is a homo.

.... and I'm gonna make it afterall... "going for broke" as they say.

EDeet: Fer yew morons whu dunt geddit - da beet bhou Bruce ez eh p/t.

skidMark
30th May 2006, 18:35
wtf jsg i'd give you a bigger shovel but you seem to dig your own holes fast enough with the one youve got...

i may head down tommorrow...

is it free to spectate...

/ be pit crew for you brucie?

FROSTY
30th May 2006, 19:11
well battered me n my bike may be --but not beaten --so Im gonna try to get in some slow laps --if Im allowed
Ps--limited nett access so if someone can call/txtr me itd be good--0210354615

justsomeguy
30th May 2006, 19:18
wtf jsg i'd give you a bigger shovel but you seem to dig your own holes fast enough with the one youve got...

Hahaha,

Just a bit of banter among "friends" --> You know people I've known and ridden with for a couple of years. Not strangers with no sense of humour and stupid personalities.

Sorry to hear about the fine, hope you get it sorted.

Matt Bleck
30th May 2006, 19:22
Does that mean i have to clean my leathers?

But then no one will know your a dirt track rider :buggerd:

kiwifruit
30th May 2006, 20:17
great :)
you are all welcome to come.
We are limited to 90 riders, so its first in first served... i doubt we'll reach 90 but ya never know!

kiwifruit
30th May 2006, 20:21
is it free to spectate...

Of course!

justsomeguy
30th May 2006, 21:06
great :)
you are all welcome to come.
We are limited to 90 riders, so its first in first served... i doubt we'll reach 90 but ya never know!

Hi Kiwifruit,

PLEASE RESERVE TWO PLACES FOR ME AND DUCKADDICT. :not:

Two groups for the day will be primo - Imagine the amount of track time:gob:

--- Hey Frosty - bugger off will ya. The only fella allowed to do slow laps is the World's Slowest Indian. The rest of you all enter yourselves into the fast group. :second:

Looking forward to seeing all the old crew and meeting any new faces. :spudwave:

WRT
30th May 2006, 21:13
Sweet guys, just figured I'd check in before heading off for an early night. Glad the weather sounds good. Gonna be doing the hard yards and riding there and back, gonna need a hemorrhoid cushion by the time I get home . . . the Aprilia's none too comfy on the long rides.

Keep an eye out for me tomorrow - I'll be the dude walking like John Wayne!

kiwifruit
30th May 2006, 21:19
Hi Kiwifruit,

PLEASE RESERVE TWO PLACES FOR ME AND DUCKADDICT. :not:

Two groups for the day will be primo - Imagine the amount of track time:gob:

I will do my best!
Its looking like 3 groups now..... 2 groups was the go b4 as we only had 30-40 riders, might be a few more than that turning up, we'll see.
There will still be shite loads of tracktime, 30min at a time if yer keen :D

2much
30th May 2006, 22:52
Hey mate, I'm in! Been an arsehole of a day with sorting out tyres (couriers sent my front tyre to Pukekohe!) and snapped an axle in the car while towing the borrowed trailer home.... FARKEN MUTHAFUCKA!

but it takes more than that to stop me, though I'm obviously not coming down this arvo as I had planned. Might crash tomorrow night depending how things go (if that's cool), better bring some coinage this time :blip:

See you at the track.

ps: still reckon you should do open track

Kornholio
30th May 2006, 23:01
Have fun dudes...cant make it after all :(

2much
30th May 2006, 23:54
You're just scared now you've heard I'm going :lol:

babyB
31st May 2006, 00:17
looks like its gonna be a good day for it:yes:

saul
31st May 2006, 04:16
Olive wants me to go, so I will see you all there:scooter: :blip:

2much
31st May 2006, 05:57
Bloody hell mate, I thought I was up early!

kiwifruit
31st May 2006, 07:49
:yawn: ahh, the joys of living within a stone throw of the track :D
weather is looking awesome
see you all there!

Kornholio
31st May 2006, 18:38
You're just scared now you've heard I'm going :lol:

Umm yeah thats it :blah:

Shit happened this time and it aint going away in a hurry either :angry:

Hope ya had a good day dudes :doobey:

SlickD
31st May 2006, 19:43
Pictures taken from todays track day.

ZeroIndex
31st May 2006, 19:48
nice pics.. how was todays trackday? is there a specific thread for it?

SlickD
31st May 2006, 20:41
more pics to come

SlickD
31st May 2006, 20:47
more pics to come

kiwifruit
31st May 2006, 20:49
nice pics.. how was todays trackday? is there a specific thread for it?

i had a great time!
this is the only thread on it.....
managed to get down to a 1:52, 3sec better than last time :D
stoked
day went very well, only 3 offs as far as i know

my m8 took a few pics, most are pretty ruggered, will see what i can photoshop up.
Awesome pics SlickD, keep em coming :niceone:

Thanks also to babyb for taking photos, much appricated :)

Goblin
31st May 2006, 20:51
more pics to come
:niceone:These are wicked pics SlickD :corn:
You da man!:rockon:

kiwifruit
31st May 2006, 20:56
Hell yeah! Those are some impressive shots man :first:

SlickD
31st May 2006, 21:06
hey thanks im glad u like my pics

TONO
31st May 2006, 21:12
hey thanks im glad u like my pics

Well you have got to be not bad at something......:second: I mean you keep falling of your bike so maybe photography is for you.:nya: :rofl: :rofl:

SlickD
31st May 2006, 21:14
there are still alot of pics to come

DEATH_INC.
31st May 2006, 21:15
Thanks, great piccys :niceone:

SlickD
31st May 2006, 21:28
shit the back strait on the track is long what Gear do the 1000's get into & what speed?????

SlickD
31st May 2006, 21:43
more more more:gob:

SlickD
31st May 2006, 21:50
still alot more to go

loosebruce
31st May 2006, 21:55
Wicked slick, keep em coming mate, good to meet ya too btw

Ben O
31st May 2006, 22:00
Awesome photos man, making me really jealous. Will be there for the next one so long as I have enough warning, should have a shiny new tyre to scrub in too. Good effort with your lap time too Allan.

SlickD
31st May 2006, 22:05
so many photos and so little time

FROSTY
31st May 2006, 22:16
One very sore very tired frosty here --I think a week and a half wasn't long enuff to recover -- But ya gotta love the new track.

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 22:27
One very sore very tired frosty here --I think a week and a half wasn't long enuff to recover -- But ya gotta love the new track.

Was good to see ya back at it tony :niceone:

one-speed
31st May 2006, 23:11
:yes: :yes: shit looks like an awsome track being full track and all!!
would prob suit the bb and myself(jealous) f--n brillant day by the sounds and pic's maybe next time i'll take a sicky!!

babyB
1st June 2006, 01:39
cool photoes slick:yes:

lots of bikers

babyB
1st June 2006, 01:49
and these guys.
:shutup: :innocent:

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 08:26
Thanks babyb :D

Two Smoker
1st June 2006, 08:41
Whos the muppet on the silver number 66 bike??? Looks like he needs to go to fucking riding school and learn how to ride.... hehehe

Wicked photos guys... dissappointed i couldnt go :(

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 09:03
shit the back strait on the track is long what Gear do the 1000's get into & what speed?????

Its not that long :P
i get 250-260ish, top of forth, sometimes change into 5th
fast guys prolly 270+

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 10:48
Awesome photos man, making me really jealous. Will be there for the next one so long as I have enough warning, should have a shiny new tyre to scrub in too. Good effort with your lap time too Allan.

Thanks Ben :D
the improvements i made this time were mainly due to watching and chasing Death,
he showed me a few tricks, ie: you can lean that far and still stay on,
and few nice lines etc
thanks also to 2much for helping me push myself :niceone:

BTW Death, that 750 of yours is very quick innit!? (750?)
is there something your not telling us? wasnt pulling you in fark all down the back straight WTF!! :shit:
jolly good show

will try to give as much notice as possible next time guys
be good to have even more of you there next time

WRT
1st June 2006, 11:11
Had a great day there, thanks heaps Kiwifruit. My best time on the day was 2.04, so a fair bit off the pace there, but I also timed the factory rsvr in the fast group doing a 2.04 so perhaps not too bad for someone without knee sliders. Definately felt the bike (and possibly me) could go quicker, but had the constant thought in the back of my head . . . "slow down buddy, you gotta ride this thing home . . . "

Also had a drag with a GSXR1000 down the straight trying to overtake him, I got much better drive out of the corner and just about made it past him but with his extra power we wound up going neck and kneck most of the way, with him backing off earlier at the end. Looking back over the speedo readouts, the bikes now got a registered highest speed of 230kph (and I've checked the speedo against the road side signs as well as the 5k test on the southern so I think its pretty accurate). I think that was in fourth too. Wasnt braking as late as I could have, and some one with better lines and more power could easily get a fair bit more I reckon.

All in all, was pretty happy with my riding, much moreso than at the KB track day. Had my toes touching down on most corners, despite having my feet pulled well back on the pegs. Was still having trouble getting the braking right on the front straight tho, will blame that on stage fright with everyone along pit lane watching! ;)

Also timed LB for a few laps, most 1.49's, 150's, but in the last session before I left got a 1.48. He seemed to be about the fastest on the day (unless I missed someone who was quicker), but the standout rider was a dude on a supermotard, I think a YZF450 - timed him at 1.55. Pretty impressive since I doubt he would be making anywhere near the high 200's of the thou's down the straight, but saw him ride around A LOT of sports bikes in the corners. Well done, dude.

And did anyone get any pics of me on the day? Red/silver aprilia in group 2.

justsomeguy
1st June 2006, 12:01
Thanks Allan, Allan's mum, Chris Mitchell, Magnum, Death and Loosebruce for an awesome day and all your tips and help.

Managed to get in some decent track time and do what I think were a few 2min 15sec laps. It went all well until the last session where I put in a 2:20 and then ran almost completely out of brakes on the front straight on the next lap......no complaints though - I really didn't expect the pads to last that long :niceone:

Perfect weather and some very good riding from all present with hardly any bins given the amount of track time.

The rider of the day was Loose "The Muppet" Bruce who managed to lap the back markers of the fast group twice in one session and did it pretty much every session. Followed closely by Death for his gravity defying lean angles and firework displays.

Frosty - mate it was great to see you out and about so soon. Hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did.

Duckaddict thanks for coming along and help me share the costs.

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 12:05
Was a good day for sure, meet a few new faces out there, had a blast in the first 8 laps or so until i fell off, handful of brake into a left like i alwasy do and lost the front, hmmmm, got up bike was still mint as ever (for me) dusted it off and took off back to the pits, to clean her up, only to find one incredibly fucked front tyre, damn, again! Really got to look at my front set up, and throw some money at it, or get rid of the bike for something better and faster, i got my leathers even dirter which was cool, gald i didn't bother cleaning them.
The rest of the day i pretty much putted round, i've been down to 1.43's at a previous day quite happily, but i couldn't brake into a corner without sliding the front, if i got off the power mid corner it'd load up and push the front again, it wasn't nice feeling, i didn't feel like falling off again, so i basiclly mucked around pulling wheelies everywhere i could and the odd stoppie, i barely even dragged my knee in the last session let alone whats left of my boots and pegs, was taking it real easy, so bit of a stink day in the end for me, not the crash thats all good but the tyre was a bummer, i dont really go to track days to have fun, i go to push myself into going faster and i couldn't.
Death INC, welcome to team muppet, nice off haha, fuck you need a new bike mate, you might be able to hang on then?
Kiwifuirt, wow noticed a huge improvment in your riding on the day, sure you will get faster and faster mate, keep it up.
r4q2, shame you couldn't get out there, good to see Cajun, hey how'd that rear go in the end, did you get it sorted?
Not too many crashes so that always good, everyone was well behaved, the weather was supurb, the track was good, slippery off the line (dusty and various other bits of shit) and the day was well organised, congrats to those involved, you did well.

Matt Bleck
1st June 2006, 12:07
I'm pretty sure SlickD got a pic of ya WRT.

WRT
1st June 2006, 12:14
Sweet, be keen to see that pic. LB - you were still about the fastest out there on the day, and it cool seeing the wheelies down the front straight. There was another guy on a silver GSXR that was using the front straight for wheelie practice, he improved heaps during the day. Could see in the morning that he was struggling to find the balance point, but in the arvo he had it cracked. Wish I could wheelie like that . . .

BTW - LB, were you bouncing it off the rev limiter down the front straight? Heard it a few times as you went past.

Matt Bleck
1st June 2006, 12:18
There was another guy on a silver GSXR that was using the front straight for wheelie practice, he improved heaps during the day.

That was 2much

WRT
1st June 2006, 12:21
Ah, I see I see. Well done 2much, you were looking pretty smooth out there by the end of the day.

emaN
1st June 2006, 12:23
so many photos and so little time

wa-hey! there you are!
congrats on finally posting!!

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 13:14
BTW - LB, were you bouncing it off the rev limiter down the front straight? Heard it a few times as you went past.

Haha yea that was me (personally bikes on the limiter sound fucken cool and flames too mmmm flames), by the time i hook 4th gear it time to change down into 3rd again, and i was having chatter problems into the corner, so i just left it in 3rd hit the limiter for a bit and brake, really wanted to go 1 tooth up on the front to get slightly more revs to use, and maybe make it easier to hook 2nd for the slower corners, but after falling off and seeing my front tyre the way it was, no point in trying to push to go fast so i didn't bother.
Oh if you're wondering why i'm in such high gears, i have dropped my gearing a fair bit, down 2 on the front and up 3 on the back, i find my self top of 6th gear down the back straight almost on the limiter, dont ask me what speed it is cause my speedo reads 299kph most of the way down???

Cajun
1st June 2006, 13:42
Yeah bruce the rear starting to feel better, i took it out in final session, did half on the 400, then half on the 600, damn it felt big and heavy after the 400. took me a few laps to get use to it again. but made better, i might have to still do a bit of tweaking.

Got a bunch of stuff i gotta change on the 400, before it goes out again eg tighten engine mount bolts(don't know where the bolts gone, have to get some of those too) and put the stock shock in, t he vfr400 one in moment is stuffed its leaking.

But over all not to bad, for the rangi special

WRT
1st June 2006, 14:13
I figured it must be to save you changing up then back down again. The prob I had with the front straight was picking a braking marker and sticking to it. There was a couple of times when I braked too early, and others where I came in too hot and wound up trailing the brake into the corner. Just couldnt get comfortable with it.

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 15:45
I figured it must be to save you changing up then back down again. The prob I had with the front straight was picking a braking marker and sticking to it. There was a couple of times when I braked too early, and others where I came in too hot and wound up trailing the brake into the corner. Just couldnt get comfortable with it.

Trailing the brake into a corner is not a bad thing by any means, just need some trust in your front end and a good degree of feel.

As a general rule i use the 100 board on the right for my braking marker, and not being rude but i'm prolly carrying a lot more speed down the straight then most people are/were, in saying that i do brake heavily right up until the apex of the corner, alot of people have problems trusting the front end cranked over and still hard on the brakes, this is prolly whats killing my tyre, so suspension needs to be looked at for me, i would say you easily could use the 100 board or the cone before the 100 board with the speed you are carrying, it's just a matter of practice and putting some turst into yourself, give it a go next time, the prilla has a good front end on it and should be more than upto coping with it.
Also another thing with braking is i'm positioned hard right on the track when i start my braking, giving me a more sweeping line into the apex which allows me to keep the bike more upright for braking, if you position mid track or more to the left, you have to brake earlier because when you get into the corner you have a lot tighter turn to make to get around, you have more chance of running wide and or losing the front, under racing although you may want to consider staying midway between half track and right hand side, this should cut off any chance of some muppet going up the inside of you, and it's a long way around the outside.
FYI: I dont use the rear brake at all either.

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 15:48
great tips bruce

Two Smoker
1st June 2006, 15:52
Death INC, welcome to team muppet, nice off haha, fuck you need a new bike mate, you might be able to hang on then?

Does that make me Team Muppet Leader??? As i have had the narliest crash on the track... Followed by dss3.... followed by you... followed by death...

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 15:57
Does that make me Team Muppet Leader??? As i have had the narliest crash on the track... Followed by dss3.... followed by you... followed by death...

Most bins wins :rockon:

I'm upto 13 at the mo, i thought the looping the TL at 180k was pretty narly.

Two Smoker
1st June 2006, 16:02
Most bins wins :rockon:

I'm upto 13 at the mo, i thought the looping the TL at 180k was pretty narly.

Gutted :( Im only up to 11 its on now biartch hehehe... Whats ol dazza upto???

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 16:05
Whats ol dazza upto???

Not enough!

Two Smoker
1st June 2006, 16:07
Not enough!

Sweet 2nd in command for me... ill go order dazza to crash more...

WRT
1st June 2006, 16:13
Cheers for the tips LB. I was trying to be about 3/4's of the way over to the right, sometimes would be further to the left if I had passed someone down the straight, simply to make sure I wasnt cutting in front of them (trying to be "polite" in overtaking). Was carrying a fair bit of front brake into the corners when I was overcooking it, but would brake the hardest in a straight line, then ease up as I tipped in, normally a bit wide at this point but still braking fairly hard. Then as I felt confident to pull it back into the inside of the corner I'd let the brake go and gently work back onto the throttle. Not a fast way around the corner by any means. Did help with my confidence in the front end tho so maybe not all bad.

I found the back brake to not give enough feed back to be useful so the only time I have used it on the track was in the pillion session. Just use engine braking normally, which is quite strong on the aprilia. In fact, wouldnt touch the brakes after the end of the front straight, just rolling on and off the throttle through that right/left/right. In the medium group this was sufficient to be quicker than most through there, but I doubt it would pass muster in the fast group. Its a fun way to go through there, but its more "fast cruise" than "race pace".

dss3
1st June 2006, 16:16
Sweet 2nd in command for me... ill go order dazza to crash more...

I don't know about you Bruce, I im wondering just what this fucktard is on about, I mean honestly, look at the leathers he rides in...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33743&d=1149071622

He's just not going to fit in at all mate.

:nya:

2much
1st June 2006, 16:21
Ah, I see I see. Well done 2much, you were looking pretty smooth out there by the end of the day.

Cheers man, everything was was fucked up for me at the beginning of the day, but it started to get better later on. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you WRT... will make an effort next time.

I'm not one to usually bother with reports (too lazy) but thought my experience was worth sharing so here goes....

Was planning on going to Taupo on Tuesday, got up that morning to get a pm from bruce saying he'd forgotten to courier my rear but he'd bring it down on Wednesday. That was cool, I could get it fittied before racing started. Then I rang the guys in Hams who had couriered my front tyre on friday but still hadn't arrived..... after alot of fucking around and talking to monkeys, I managed to find out that it had been sent to Pukekoe instead of Te Puke! ARGHHH!:angry: fucken wankers.

Atleast this time I had a trailer sorted. So I went round to my mate's place to pick it up (at this time remembered that Darrell had a spare front). On the way back home with the trailer I went to pull out onto the main road and I snapped an axle in my car.

While sitting on the side of the road it seemed that someone really didn't want me to go and wondered if I should just give up..... but I'm not a quitter (unfortunately).

So got towed home(4pm at this stage) and proceeded to pull the rear end apart (knowing from previous experience that I can change the diff in just over 2 hours). Pulled the broken axle out and took it down to the wreakers on the bike. Sorted thru a pile of fucken axles looking for one that matched for about 1/2 an hour, till I came to the conclusion that it was a custom made one and there was no way in hell I was gonna get the car going again that night.

Wnet back home and rang a mate to see if I could borrow his van. He told me he'd check with the missus and get back to me.

At about 8:30pm I'm getting close to giving up but thought I better ring Darrell about that front tyre. Told him what was going on and the good bastard lent me their spare car, He and Sandi aven came out and dropped it off with the spare tyre!

So by about 1030 I had the trailer hitched up, bike loaded and everything packed.

Got down to the track at about 0800, ripped the wheels off and took them into town to get the tyres swapped over. Missed the first session with all that.

Was my first time on a slick, went out in the 2nd session and did a DSS3..... but atleast I got 1 1/2 laps rather that 1 1/2 corners! Bike wasn't too bad and I was able to carry on for the rest of the day.

Learnt that you need to give slicks ateast 2 1/2-3 laps to warm up.... bugger!

Got timed in the last session and managed a 1.52 which isn't too bad as the track was getting cold and the rear was stepping out. I wish someone had timed me the previous session as I chased Bruce for a couple of laps and I know I was going quicker.

Crashed at Kiwifruits place last night and drank a few well earned beers. Headed back this morning and got home to find that the bike had fallen over in the trailer and scratched the screen, and snapped the mirror and brake lever off.... FOR FUCKS SAKE!:angry2:

Regardless of all that shit, I still had a great day...

Would just Like to say a big thanks to:

Loosebruce, for spotting me that tyre, cheers man!
Mr Mulisha, cheers for the trailer bro, it's fucken mint!
Darrellperi, for hooking me up with the tyre and lendin me ya wheels, you're a legend!
Kiwifruit, without who there wouldn't be a trackday, and for the beers and a place to crash once again!

And ofcourse LB and Death for joining me in the dirt and helping me feel a little less stupid!:2thumbsup

Two Smoker
1st June 2006, 16:23
I don't know about you Bruce, I im wondering just what this fucktard is on about, I mean honestly, look at the leathers he rides in...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33743&d=1149071622

BAH!!! I gave you a head start on me... Noone could beat my last set of leathers.... Its not like you guys had worn through your knee slider and into you leathers... And mine smelt ssssooooo bad... it takes years to get that smell into them...

How many times have you crashed daryl??? pussy.... :nya:

PS. FINALLY GOT MY FUCKING ROTORS!!! only took a week to get here...

dss3
1st June 2006, 16:24
Was my first time on a slick, went out in the 2nd session and did a DSS3..... but atleast I got 1 1/2 laps rather that 1 1/2 corners!

You give me waaaay to much credit, i'd say I made it about 1/2 a corner... and that is counting sliding through most of that haha

2much
1st June 2006, 16:34
You give me waaaay to much credit, i'd say I made it about 1/2 a corner... and that is counting sliding through most of that haha

I was including the corner onto the track :lol:

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 16:36
And ofcourse LB and Death for joining me in the dirt and helping me feel a little less stupid!:2thumbsup

you're welcome mate, i would say anytime, but shits starting to get expensive now.

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 16:48
got home to find that the bike had fallen over in the trailer and scratched the screen, and snapped the mirror and brake lever off.... FOR FUCKS SAKE!:angry2:

oh man! thats fuckin ratshit
lucky u can handle, id be having a big hissy fit!

loosebruce
1st June 2006, 16:51
Hey KF there were a few others taking photos out there can ya give let us know where we can veiw get a hold of them, cheers mate.

2much
1st June 2006, 16:52
Not much you can do about it once it happened aye... and my bike's not as mint as yours which helps.

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 17:02
Hey KF there were a few others taking photos out there can ya give let us know where we can veiw get a hold of them, cheers mate.

Yeppers
Im trying to purchase the full set of pics (full size etc) off SlickD, will let you know when i have them
My flatm8 biggles took 200 odd pics of which none came out, so thats a write off....
BabyB was taking pics too, id say she will be hosting them up as usual :)

Watch this space

and my bike's not as mint as yours which helps
yeah, im kinda pending a bin i think....
after that i will just get faster :-P not caring as much about hurting it etc

2much
1st June 2006, 17:09
Go get yourself some oggy knobs.... take my advice and do it before you crash rather than after.

saul
1st June 2006, 17:24
Well I have to say thanks to KF as well and what a great Ma and Pa he has.

First time on the track for me so I just pottered around enjoyed the freedom:blah: and the sound of the sliders

I wasn't very quick but the possibility is there:innocent:

Froze on the way home as I was all nasty and sweaty

Olive loved it but didn't like missing third gear about 4 times.

2much I will get that bit of gas back to you in the form of $$

justsomeguy
1st June 2006, 17:33
yeah, im kinda pending a bin i think....
after that i will just get faster :-P not caring as much about hurting it etc

Tut,tut now :nono: - be careful what you wish for:wait:

But, yeah, I know what you mean. It's been over a year for me too and I'm a bit baffled as to how I've lasted so long, hence my "naked" bike yesterday.

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 17:58
yep, im on the lookout for a set of race plastics
and will get some knobs on b4 the next trackday

Glad you liked it Glen, bloody good fun innit
yes, im very lucky to have the olds i do :D:scooter:

JSG, i was wondering what u were up2 with the naked bike, lol
i thought u might have binned it recently :shutup: :-P

justsomeguy
1st June 2006, 19:01
JSG, i was wondering what u were up2 with the naked bike, lol
i thought u might have binned it recently :shutup: :-P

Bike's in absolutely mint condition, just wanted to minimise any losses.

I also love the rat bike look.

DEATH_INC.
1st June 2006, 19:19
:niceone: Kiwifruit and family, had a fun day.
I think I'm sorta running outta ways to go faster, though my braking still needs work, ran off @ the sweeper (like 2much) cause i just ran outta track, hanging my upper body off like a bitch and foot and knee buried into the 'mac and just ran outta road :whistle: but survived that one with a little mxing....the bin was a little overambitious overtaking, things got a little tight so I picked her up a bit to give the overtakee a bit of room and got out into the loose stuff and it was all over, even managed to scruff up both sides with one crash, he,he. Woulda got going straight away but I bent the clutch lever and it wouldn't pull in enough to click the switch and let it start, doh! But no real damage.
Great day though and I'll be back :niceone:

FROSTY
1st June 2006, 19:40
Good news guys --the guys from MIT have listened to us and are making a couple of changes to the track. The BIG one from my point of view is the painted lines all around the start/finish chicane is going to be sand blasted off.--so no more big slides hitting it. Itll be replaced with a series of small marking dots which will have chalk markings drawn on a car race day

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 20:11
Thats fantastic news! No more trying to line up the 900mm gap between the first grid line and the tyre marker
Cheers Frosty :niceone:

Kornholio
1st June 2006, 20:36
Thats fantastic news! No more trying to line up the 900mm gap between the first grid line and the tyre marker
Cheers Frosty :niceone:

Fuck mate I got flashbacks of that corner +100 coming the back way into Whangamata (from Tairua end) on Sunday was a real nice left hand sweeper(cant remember exactly where...there were some trees and a hill...grass...)
with a little creek running over it from poorly managed roadsides...roads were dry ) was about 4-500mm wide and hit it cranked over at about 180ish.... two wheel drift with with foot scraping on ground :gob: ... and then it was over.....looked behind to see Fish sliding and bucking through it(and the bastard had slept in and met us at Coroglen and "forgot" to tell us about it even tho he had come through on the way up(and done the same thing but opposite side lol) DUH!!

Mind you he had been on the piss with Spud and we all know what Spud looked like(well some of us...)

Sorry totally went off topic but you get my drift :P

Yay for the paint removal :doobey:

sugilite
1st June 2006, 21:57

Sorry I did not make it, both bikes were in pieces, I'm working on the 750 tonight to get it sussed for manfield tommorrow, got a jetting session planned.

Just for your info, I've not done the new part of taupo yet, but i'm sure I'll find my way around there without having to follow anyone elses secret lines lol.

The 1st time I ever saw Levels in Timaru it was at the nationals in my 1st ever season of road racing, I was on a old out of date bike (sound familier lol) a GSXR1100, tried to use 180's on a 4.5 inch rim lol. It is a real technical/riders track. In the 1st race, I got taken out, huge highside, spectators coming up to me saying, man your whole body bounced off the track! Smashed clutch cover, oil all over rear tyre. Started 2nd race with araldite glued up clutch cover from a 750, spent 6 laps in dead last place wildly sliding around trying to burn off oil from rear tyre. finally it was gone, problem was as I came onto main straight, next tail end charlie was going off the end of it, (about length of back straight at manfield) I pulled finger and got going. Over the remaining 8 laps I caught up and passed a few no name riders like Brian Bernard, Tony Rees and a few others and finished in 3rd place only 1.5 seconds off 1st place (oh for one more lap!) Smashed the lap record.
I hear the taupo extension is a riders track, bring it on I say.
Having said that, I'm sure at no brainer puke you would give me the learn, I've never managed better than a 1:01 there, I don't really enjoy that track...riders tracks are my thing....bring on hampton downs, undulations yeeeehaaaaa!:doobey:

cowpoos
1st June 2006, 23:07

hahaha.....he's does look like a bloody tart in them levers...you should break them in for him bro?

cowpoos
1st June 2006, 23:11
Good news guys --the guys from MIT have listened to us and are making a couple of changes to the track. The BIG one from my point of view is the painted lines all around the start/finish chicane is going to be sand blasted off.--so no more big slides hitting it. Itll be replaced with a series of small marking dots which will have chalk markings drawn on a car race day

how bout that fucked up camber on the right hander....before the left onto the pit straight!!!

loosebruce
2nd June 2006, 00:04
I caught up and passed a few no name riders like Brian Bernard, Tony Rees and a few others

Nerver heard of em, they fast or something lol, nice one Ant, yeah real shame you didn't make it up, sorry to say i wont be at the next Vic round, or possibly the next, got a plan, watch this space. Will catch up at some stage.

kickingzebra
2nd June 2006, 00:22
Oh man, sounds like you guys had wayyy too much fun!!
Next time I'll try be there to join the slow gixxer crash club.
Cause I know I'm good at doing slow, and I'm getting to be ok at crashing....

babyB
2nd June 2006, 02:26
still here lol havin xtra troubles

babyB
2nd June 2006, 02:36
will get them up when line fixed (telescum says tuesday:angry: )
Saul yep has a few

Two Smoker
2nd June 2006, 09:01
hahaha.....he's does look like a bloody tart in them levers...you should break them in for him bro?

:crybaby: ...

SlickD
2nd June 2006, 20:26
well here goes i thought i should push up the last of d pics

SlickD
2nd June 2006, 20:36
almost there

SlickD
2nd June 2006, 20:45
All the Images i am selling for $12 each Image sizes are 8" X 10" or 8" X 12" same price you choose $2 will be donated to the KB site for every image sold.

SlickD
2nd June 2006, 20:53
thats the lot no more.

Cajun
2nd June 2006, 21:02
woo hoo a pic of me on the rangi special

Kornholio
2nd June 2006, 21:14
woo hoo a pic of me on the rangi special

Cool FiZzeR Bananaboy :yes:

duckaddict
2nd June 2006, 22:00
Hey, that's me - on my first track day.

Thanks for the pics babyB, and SlickD! :yes:

babyB
6th June 2006, 04:59
oks i have managed to up-load some photoes onto site listed below over the last few mornings:yawn:
sorry is taking so long but has been slow process (thanks xtra & builders) & still more to come (dont think im half way through yet).
Not all your photoes have been posted up (& at this rate may not be) but am tryin every bike i got poto of up.
there is a document in there & attached here, that will hopefuly make easer to see what you want without opening every thing.

what photos are up now are;
silver/grey bikes,
red bikes,
blue bikes,
white bike
note; these are solid colour bikes, ie no blue/white yet

Kiwifruit you mum is up in the blue lot

(hopefupy i can beat the plaster b4 i have to dismantle the PC)
:bye: :yawn: :zzzz:

Kiwifruit Track Day 31 May 2006 Taupo Motorsport Park

to make things easy to see. Look at the begining of the photo ID blu3_1111 ...blk2_1111 ....
The first 3 letters = colour of bike
The first number = each different bike, ie there may be 14 red bikes (red14_1111)

2up = 2 up
blk = black
blu = blue
blu+ = blue+another colour
gre = green, green +another colour
img = silver/grey
red = red
red+ = red+another colour
whi = white
yel = yellow
oth = multi coloured, or dosen't fit into the above
ppl = people photoes
gp = group photoes/more than 1 bike in shot
dtn = dont know

note; there may be blue or silver or dark bikes in 'Blk' dew to overcast lighting

kiwifruit
6th June 2006, 08:32
Thanks BabyB :D :first:

Cajun
6th June 2006, 10:59
cheers babyb, cant see any of me in that lot. none the less

Firefight
6th June 2006, 11:34
cheers babyb, cant see any of me in that lot.

Which is a good thing !!!:nya:

F/F

Cajun
6th June 2006, 13:37
Which is a good thing !!!:nya:

F/F

hey don't hate my rangi special its even a yamaha dc: <

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33910&d=1149237385

its in 3 different colour schemes.

babyB
6th June 2006, 13:49
lol @ F/F
cajun yours & saul are still comming in 'yel8_ & oth5_'
have 5 more colour groups to come + group bikes + ppl:doobey:
will be tryin to get them up 2night looks like xtra fixed:wait:

Cajun
6th June 2006, 14:10
Cheers babyb (c:<

motobob
7th June 2006, 12:53
how bout that fucked up camber on the right hander....before the left onto the pit straight!!!

Hey Poo's can't you get knee down round it. Thats the coolest turn on the whole track. Just a bitch to overtake thru. :nya:

kiwifruit
7th June 2006, 15:05
I dunno bout the coolest corner on the track....
there is alot of time to be made up or lost on that corner,
i recon i found a second or 2 in there over the last two trackdays thanks to chasing faster guys

emaN
8th June 2006, 09:49
i found a second or 2 in there

probly the ones i lost earlier on :blip:

babyB
8th June 2006, 15:41
oks have got pix up, tis only half of wot was taken, but i counted 75 diffrent bikes are posted up.
if you are interested in photo's please PM me.
please note: my pc will be down and dismantled somtime this weekend for a few days. ( possibly for a week )

carver
5th October 2007, 19:12
great tips bruce

yeah mate, cheers!