PDA

View Full Version : TOTALLY NEW NOOB HERE.!

Sk8r_Boi_
12th May 2004, 09:25
:scooter: Hey Im A Scooter Boy Already But I Have Been Posting Stupid Dumb Post Cause I Dont Know What To Say And All These Big Members Are Being Mean To Me Cause They Dont Belivie I Have A Kawasaki ZXR250r But I Do And I Just Dont Have A Digital Camera [How Many Of Your Actualy Own Your Own Digital Camera]

I Do Have A Kawasaki ZXR250r But No Digital Camera To Take A Photo Off It And It Looks Very Alike That One In My Profile, So Im Going To Go Out And Buy A Digital Camera And Show Them Proof That I Do Own A Kawasaki ZXR250r :buggerd:

jrandom
12th May 2004, 09:45
I'm still flabbergasted that people actually *talk* like this online. Maybe I've been too well-insulated.

Hey, SK8! It's OK mate, if you want to verify your credentials and get some mad respec' going on here, just PM me with your ZXR's rego and your name, and I'll run a Motochek query on your bike.

If it pans out, I'll post here with hand on heart, stating that you're all for real and have just been sadly misunderstood due to your unfortunate resemblance to a 5-year-old.

Motoracer
12th May 2004, 09:52
:scooter: Hey Im A Scooter Boy Already But I Have Been Posting Stupid Dumb Post Cause I Dont Know What To Say And All These Big Members Are Being Mean To Me Cause They Dont Belivie I Have A Kawasaki ZXR250r But I Do And I Just Dont Have A Digital Camera [How Many Of Your Actualy Own Your Own Digital Camera]

I Do Have A Kawasaki ZXR250r But No Digital Camera To Take A Photo Off It And It Looks Very Alike That One In My Profile, So Im Going To Go Out And Buy A Digital Camera And Show Them Proof That I Do Own A Kawasaki ZXR250r :buggerd:

I am really curious to know how you talk in person now...

k14
12th May 2004, 10:02
HOw LoNG wiLL iT taKE yoU TO GeT tHE MeSSage tO StOP usiNG CAPItaLS???

Hitcher
12th May 2004, 10:24
It's about time some people got themselves learned how to talk English proper...

MikeL
12th May 2004, 11:38
It's about time some people got themselves learned how to talk English proper...

hey Youse Guys Give the Poor Kid a Brake After all He Is The Product Of The Modern Education Sistem And Its Not His Forlt If He Cant Spell Proply Or Punchewate

menace
12th May 2004, 11:45
mY wRITING sTYLE iS sO mUCH cOOLER tHAN yOURS!!!

pete376403
12th May 2004, 11:49
Only slight better than those posts that aLtErNaTe UpPeR aNd LoWeR cAsE. And to be a proper whine, the original post should have ended "so there!"

KATWYN
12th May 2004, 11:52
Why don't you guys stop hasseling him. He's obviously
only young and trying to communicate with older people
it may not be that easy,and same goes with the grammer
and punctuation.

I say good on him for at least trying. Even if what he says
doesnt gel half the time with anyone else shouldn't make him
a product of ridicule

RiderInBlack
12th May 2004, 12:12
Why don't you guys stop hasseling him. He's obviously
only young and trying to communicate with older people
it may not be that easy,and same goes with the grammer
and punctuation.

I say good on him for at least trying. Even if what he says
doesnt gel half the time with anyone else shouldn't make him
a product of ridicule -thats immatureYour right there, Kat. Besides he might be alot more intelligent than most of us think.

If you guys have not notice yet, I have a spelling block. Because of this I didn't get UE (even with an average of 61%, including a mark of 24% for English). I've gone on to get a Degree). I am not a thick-shit just because my spell is bad.

I have meet many people in my life with varying difficulties. Some of them are a lot smarter than they look/sound/write. All of them had something that I could learn from. Even if it is how not to be an ass-hole by treating them with respect and cutting out the put-downs (which is just another form of bullying).

jrandom
12th May 2004, 13:29
Even if it is how not to be an ass-hole by treating them with respect and cutting out the put-downs

Jeez, this forum is so *nice*. It's almost as bad as the merrikan ones. I might have to go hang out on uk.rec.motorcycles later today for a wee bit of refreshing nastiness.

I *am* serious about verifying SK8's scoot, you know. I'll stump up the $2 for a Motochek query, keep his details private and post a nice convincing pat-on-the-back thread about how genuine he really is. All he has to do is PM me with the rego and his name, and the approximate date he bought it, and acceptance among his not-quite-peers in the online motorcycling community will be within his grasp!

FROSTY
12th May 2004, 16:14
Your right there, Kat. Besides he might be alot more intelligent than most of us think.

If you guys have not notice yet, I have a spelling block. Because of this I didn't get UE (even with an average of 61%, including a mark of 24% for English). I've gone on to get a Degree). I am not a thick-shit just because my spell is bad.

I have meet many people in my life with varying difficulties. Some of them are a lot smarter than they look/sound/write. All of them had something that I could learn from. Even if it is how not to be an ass-hole by treating them with respect and cutting out the put-downs (which is just another form of bullying).
i think maybee the problem is the dude has in essence spammed the boards .
I agree good english aint my forte either.
Proof of ownership of his scoot might help his credibility too.
Ok I admit it im green with envy that a 16 year old can own 8ks worth of bike when im struggling to find the money for tyres for the race bike

White trash
12th May 2004, 16:35
i think maybee the problem is the dude has in essence spammed the boards .
I agree good english aint my forte either.
Proof of ownership of his scoot might help his credibility too.
Ok I admit it im green with envy that a 16 year old can own 8ks worth of bike when im struggling to find the money for tyres for the race bike

I've seen some 16 yos with a hell of a lot fancier than an 8 grand ZXR. How's these little shits riding round in EvoIVs and that sort of carry on.

Motoracer
12th May 2004, 16:54
I've seen some 16 yos with a hell of a lot fancier than an 8 grand ZXR. How's these little shits riding round in EvoIVs and that sort of carry on.

Dodgy dealings in high school can take you places... also haveing a "rich daddy" could help too...

I am not talking about you Sk8, btw.

k14
12th May 2004, 16:57
also haveing a "rich daddy" could help too...

Well I am pretty sure that would be the case in this instance. And i am meaning you sk8.

White trash
12th May 2004, 17:06

I tell you what, Sk8. Me and a few of the Gixxer clan are coming up your way in a few weeks to go for a ride with some pretty cool guys I met through the shop. If you truly want to fit in and earn some respect and aren't just spamming the site, you're more than welcome to join up with us for a Sunday ride.

I'll PM you when we're travelling.

To be honest, I joined this site as a piss take. I thought it was ridiculous and wanted to tell its members. After reading BEFORE I posted, I realised that the folks on here are very similar to myself. Hell bent on enjoying bikes and promoting the sport of motorcycling.

Since then, I've met some seriously cool people. There's far too many to list but and they know who I am and I know who they are so no matter where I am in NZ, if I have a problem or want to have a beer with someone, there's a friendly face never more than an hour away.

I love you guys :hug: (Except that Jimbo750 bloke, he's a tool!)

k14
12th May 2004, 17:08
Hey, yeah i had a suzuki rg150 but someone hit me off it so may dad bought me a kawasaki zxr250 but i still have my suzuki rg150 but its just abit broken and in parts if you know what i mean?...i dont use it anymore cause i have my kawasaki zxr250.......

See told ya :yeah:

P.S. Thats good sk8, you have finally made a post that doesn't piss me off. Let that be a good benchmark for future posts :2thumbsup

Sk8r_Boi_
12th May 2004, 17:09
:laugh: You guessed it, I have a rich daddy

k14
12th May 2004, 17:18
I tell you what, Sk8. Me and a few of the Gixxer clan are coming up your way in a few weeks to go for a ride with some pretty cool guys I met through the shop. If you truly want to fit in and earn some respect and aren't just spamming the site, you're more than welcome to join up with us for a Sunday ride.

I'll PM you when we're travelling.

To be honest, I joined this site as a piss take. I thought it was ridiculous and wanted to tell its members. After reading BEFORE I posted, I realised that the folks on here are very similar to myself. Hell bent on enjoying bikes and promoting the sport of motorcycling.

Since then, I've met some seriously cool people. There's far too many to list but and they know who I am and I know who they are so no matter where I am in NZ, if I have a problem or want to have a beer with someone, there's a friendly face never more than an hour away.

I love you guys :hug: (Except that Jimbo750 bloke, he's a tool!)

Where you going to ride round taranaki?? I reckon the roads are pretty average up there, (apart from Mt Messenger and the Awakino George) but all the other roads are either out in the wops where you don't know if there is going to be a heard of sheep round the next corner, or dead straight with a few bends in them.

But be careful, when i was riding down to here, I saw 6 cops and a speed camera between NP and wanganui.

Sk8r_Boi_
12th May 2004, 17:22
Oi i know i some really good roads out it the country here at new plymouth i ussally go for a ride on the road every week or so.........its got about 2 or 3 good staights (hope my spelling alright)

k14
12th May 2004, 17:30
What roads are they?? Up mangorei rd and over to carrington street arent too bad, but there is some gravel on them, which tend to make it a little dicey. I know of a few others, but they are ages away.

Sk8r_Boi_
12th May 2004, 17:45
Yeah cant remember, you start on this road at bellblock and it goes all the way to egmont village its a good road (well i reckon it is) there some nice corners and some lovely staights ,its a good road i enjoy it atleast then once i get to egmont village i just enjoy the ride back to new plymouth :scooter: lol :lol:

Coldkiwi
12th May 2004, 17:48
Oi i know i some really good roads out it the country here at new plymouth i ussally go for a ride on the road every week or so.........its got about 2 or 3 good staights (hope my spelling alright)

mate, I could care less about spelling, after all, my typing is fairly atrocious at times and my fiancee has had a similar altercation with a dubious spelling education as riderinblack so I'm learning tolerance. Just remember that people do read what you write and its better to read if its relevant.

I have no problem with your dad buying your bike (good choice). Just make sure you look after it as though it was your own money that was spent.

I have wondered about new plymouth/Palmerston north roads because i've done very little travelling around there except to notice there was sod all traffic. Anyone else got a good report or advice on thrashing in the egmont region? (straight road are my idea of two wheeled boredom)

Big Dog
12th May 2004, 18:24
I have wondered about new plymouth/Palmerston north roads because i've done very little travelling around there except to notice there was sod all traffic. Anyone else got a good report or advice on thrashing in the egmont region? (straight road are my idea of two wheeled boredom)
The whole round the mountan can be pretty good, at 2am.
(during the day way too many cops cattle movements etc)

You will want to avoid sunrise in either direction as either way you will be staring into the sun for half the trip.
No police out then but you will need pretty good headlights, and I don't reccomend loud pipes, as they seem to attract the wildlife.

I prefer anti c/w on the surf highway to tank up at Hawera. Back way out of Hawera to some back water where the only business was closed on my last trip, to Stratford, this avoids the weigh station that is often open and with a couple of pursuit cars in the layby. Stratford to Egmont village. Egmont village to Bell block Tank up at ther Challenge at the bottom of the hill grab a pie and head down to the beach for a strech warm pie and a hot coffee. Or the other way grab a pie and head down to back beach or Paratutu.

I prefer anti clockwise as that way the twisties are all while you are fresh. Others prefer C/w so the boring straights are at the start and twisties keep you "awake".

Don't recco it in the dead of winter as it can drop below zero and many of the coastal bits hold a lot of ice. the only time I did it in the dead my leathers froze to my seat and my gloves froze to the grips. :cold:

Big Dog
12th May 2004, 18:32
Also the climb up taranaki itself can be fun in summer when no-one else has any interest in the mountain Take a lunch and climb up to the skifields from the carpark and the view is well worth the hike. Oh and very tight often hairy corners mostly hairpins all the way up with no straights worth mentioning.

My bike never got nicked but others did. There are plenty of posts to chain your bike to. The view from the carpark is spectacular but not as good as the ski fields.

Apparently one of the guides is a biker. If you strike a good one there is a large equipment shed that stands empty in summer at the visitors centre. They let a mate lock up in there a couple of times.

Sign posted from Inglewood / Egmont village or Stratford.

Drunken Monkey
12th May 2004, 22:37
mY wRITING sTYLE iS sO mUCH cOOLER tHAN yOURS!!!

|)0|\|+ &3+ |\/|3 5+4|2+3d U5!|\|& l33+ 5p34|<
! \/\/!LL ()\/\/nZ0|2 j00 4LL \/\/|-|3N i+ (u|\/|5 +()() \/\/|2!+!n%
L!|<3 a (|24P \/\/uRd |\/|45+3|2 !!!!!

p|-|34|2 /\/\y L33t 5p34|< - I will bring this board down to the level of an AOL chat room if you dare me!!!!! muahahahaahaha

*cackles madly*

k14
12th May 2004, 22:46
Man that is a good effort monkey, dunno whats worse, you writing it, or me actually being able to read most of it, lol.

k14
12th May 2004, 22:49

You will want to avoid sunrise in either direction as either way you will be staring into the sun for half the trip.
No police out then but you will need pretty good headlights, and I don't reccomend loud pipes, as they seem to attract the wildlife.

I prefer anti c/w on the surf highway to tank up at Hawera. Back way out of Hawera to some back water where the only business was closed on my last trip, to Stratford, this avoids the weigh station that is often open and with a couple of pursuit cars in the layby. Stratford to Egmont village. Egmont village to Bell block Tank up at ther Challenge at the bottom of the hill grab a pie and head down to the beach for a strech warm pie and a hot coffee. Or the other way grab a pie and head down to back beach or Paratutu.

I prefer anti clockwise as that way the twisties are all while you are fresh. Others prefer C/w so the boring straights are at the start and twisties keep you "awake".

Don't recco it in the dead of winter as it can drop below zero and many of the coastal bits hold a lot of ice. the only time I did it in the dead my leathers froze to my seat and my gloves froze to the grips. :cold:

I did the round the mountain a few weeks back, and I thought it was really boring. There are a few twisties between oakura and okato, about 5-6 tight corners in succession, but apart from that there aren't any others that you have to drop below 100 to take.

I much prefer the chch to akaroa ride and back, now that is a good ride.

Drunken Monkey
13th May 2004, 08:53
Man that is a good effort monkey, dunno whats worse, you writing it, or me actually being able to read most of it, lol.

cheers :)

glad it wasn't totally lost.

probably me writing it :( granted no-one's asked for a translation yet!

Hitcher
13th May 2004, 09:06

The "top road" round the mountain is fun too! From New Plymouth head up Carrington Road way and take the Pukeiti Road, drop down the Okato side and take the Wiremu Road, and follow your nose until you catch the Stratford/Opunake Road. Turn left at the Cardiff monument and drop back out onto SH3 just north of Stratford. For further variety, turn right onto the Beaconsfield Road at Midhirst. The first left out of town takes you to Te Popo and eventually back to Inglewood. Read the signs well, or you will end up at the top of the Pohukura Saddle on your way to Whangamomona!! There are also some great roads from Inglewood through to Tarata and back down to Waitara. (getting all homesick here...)

marty
13th May 2004, 09:20
|)0|\|+ &3+ |\/|3 5+4|2+3d U5!|\|& l33+ 5p34|<
! \/\/!LL ()\/\/nZ0|2 j00 4LL \/\/|-|3N i+ (u|\/|5 +()() \/\/|2!+!n%
L!|<3 a (|24P \/\/uRd |\/|45+3|2 !!!!!

p|-|34|2 /\/\y L33t 5p34|< - I will bring this board down to the level of an AOL chat room if you dare me!!!!! muahahahaahaha

*cackles madly*

something about: 'don't get me started. .........speak. i wil ..... all when it cums too..... like a crap word master'.

geez that took some effort. it's time for me to go and get a life i think....

bungbung
13th May 2004, 09:28
something about: 'don't get me started. .........speak. i wil all when it cums too..... like a crap word master'.

geez that took some effort. it's time for me to go and get a life i think....

'don't get me started using leet speak. i will own you all when it comes to writing like a crap word master. Fear my leet speak"

pete376403
13th May 2004, 10:19
I can see it now you've provided the translation...but people really write like this?

MikeL
13th May 2004, 10:26
Hey that's really, er, um, interesting. Here I am a professional linguist, familiar with hieroglyphics, ideograms, Cyrillic and other writing systems and I didn't even know about leet speak. Must do a Google search and find out more.
Perhaps I should add it to my repertoire. Looks like a handy skill to have...

riffer
13th May 2004, 10:58
Oph coUr5e 1Ph J00 DOWNlo@D 4 G3NeR4tOr, It'5 3@Sy +0 d0 1+!

riffer
13th May 2004, 10:59
http://www.ryanross.net/leet/

jrandom
13th May 2004, 11:00
Hey that's really, er, um, interesting. Here I am a professional linguist, familiar with hieroglyphics, ideograms, Cyrillic and other writing systems and I didn't even know about leet speak.

Unusual too, in that it's a written form only, with no spoken equivalent.

j00 d34d f00!

Drunken Monkey
13th May 2004, 11:10
'don't get me started using leet speak. i will own you all when it comes to writing like a crap word master. Fear my leet speak"

Spot on...

oh dear, what I have I done!

*throws hand up in despair*

PS - I don't need a generator, I'm fluent in elite ;) too many years playing Quake World and RA2 online...

Hitcher
13th May 2004, 12:24
Looks like TXT finally morphed with personalised plates...

FROSTY
13th May 2004, 12:41
holey cow--looks like something out of matrix--I read the code I see the picctures

Big Dog
13th May 2004, 17:26
I much prefer the chch to akaroa ride and back, now that is a good ride.
The ask was about Taranaki rides and if you like go fast no cops that is the go. If you take the time to find the tanker routes then you can grab a few more tighties on empty roads (just be out of there by 4am).

Yes it is F'ing boring in daylight. Yes it is F'ing boring when you take the 2-2.5 hours it takes at legal speeds.

But there are certain people on this thread that could manage it in an hour.... that could be a bit more fun.

Go on a full mon clear night if you can, the views are spectacular. :ride: