PDA

View Full Version : Winter road gloves, any recommendations?

gav
18th May 2006, 23:10
OK, its getting a bit cooler, who uses what gloves for winter riding. Looking for something warm, waterproof, but still with reasonable feel, ie not too bulky. What have ya got and how do they rate?

ZeroIndex
18th May 2006, 23:44
OK, its getting a bit cooler, who uses what gloves for winter riding. Looking for something warm, waterproof, but still with reasonable feel, ie not too bulky. What have ya got and how do they rate?
yup.. i'll second that request.. although being a morning to afternoon daily driver (DX-Mail).. the oxford deluxe muffs (they fit over your handle-bar grips)

reads "special 3d design for best clearance of vital control gear.. toal weather protection, 100% waterproof heav duty 1500 denier polyester material. 100% windproof & 100% thermacel insulation for total warmth.." and that will help as i won't have gloves to get in the way of picking up letters out of bunches of letters..

scumdog
18th May 2006, 23:50
C.B. bought me a set of 'waterproof' gloves, they look more suited to the ski-field then riding motorbikes but this winter will tell.
Their 'friction-resistance' on tar-seal is my only worry.

What?
19th May 2006, 06:07
I have a pair of Orina gloves (forget the model, but top of the line) which are pretty good, but the last word in winter gloves are Spidi Thunder. These replaced the AL3, then AL4 models. The AL3's I had were toasty warm (forget them if air temp over 10 deg) and never leaked. They also stood up to a slide along the asphalt... :(
Downside with the Spidi's is the price, but you get what you pay for.

ZeroIndex
19th May 2006, 06:43
I have a pair of Orina gloves (forget the model, but top of the line) which are pretty good, but the last word in winter gloves are Spidi Thunder. These replaced the AL3, then AL4 models. The AL3's I had were toasty warm (forget them if air temp over 10 deg) and never leaked. They also stood up to a slide along the asphalt... :(
Downside with the Spidi's is the price, but you get what you pay for.
What? :killingme sorry.. couldn't help myself.. ok.. I've done that now.. I'll move along..

James Deuce
19th May 2006, 06:52
I've got the same one's as What? and they're brilliant.

What?
19th May 2006, 06:52
What? :killingme sorry.. couldn't help myself.. ok.. I've done that now.. I'll move along..
Glad I could help...

ZeroIndex
19th May 2006, 06:59
Glad I could help...
in actual fact.. have some green rep for that..

NhuanH
19th May 2006, 08:12
I've been using these Dainese Jerico's since I landed back in the Z last week :cold:

Your get your hands through a gore-tex layer, then the jacket cuff goes over the top, with the glove outer (with the zip) covering that. So rain ain't getting to your sensitive piano playing manicured hands.
A good leather palm still, which I think is a high risk and vulnerability area for road riding.
The hand area itself is nicely insulated, but retains reasonable control. It's not a track glove, but serves a different need.

They are the shiznit! But then, I am a bit of a Dainese whore... :o

Damon
19th May 2006, 09:39
I've been using these Dainese Jerico's since I landed back in the Z last week :cold:

Your get your hands through a gore-tex layer, then the jacket cuff goes over the top, with the glove outer (with the zip) covering that. So rain ain't getting to your sensitive piano playing manicured hands.
A good leather palm still, which I think is a high risk and vulnerability area for road riding.
The hand area itself is nicely insulated, but retains reasonable control. It's not a track glove, but serves a different need.

They are the shiznit! But then, I am a bit of a Dainese whore... :o

Where did you get those bad boys from?

NhuanH
19th May 2006, 09:41
Where did you get those bad boys from?
Motocard, in Valencia, Espana.

www.motocard.com

rasty
19th May 2006, 10:12
Long way to go for a pair of gloves

NhuanH
19th May 2006, 10:19
Long way to go for a pair of gloves
Ermm..umm..got a few more bits as well as the glubs.

And saw some things on that side of the world:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=28276
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=28619

Wasn't the worst time I've had in my life :D

Two Smoker
19th May 2006, 11:28
Ermm..umm..got a few more bits as well as the glubs.

And saw some things on that side of the world:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=28276
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=28619

Wasn't the worst time I've had in my life :D

If there was a Dianese bike im sure you would buy that too...

I second Spidi H2Out gloves...

XP@
19th May 2006, 11:29
Just got meself a pair of Teknic Thunder gloves yesterday, they are still bedding in, but so far happy with them, bulky but not too bulky, very warm and have squee-gees for the visor on both gloves.

Lou Girardin
19th May 2006, 12:34
Spidi NK on sale at AMPS - $109.00 down from $150.00 odd.

NhuanH
19th May 2006, 19:43
If there was a Dianese bike im sure you would buy that too...
Tru dat. Do you know of one for sale?