PDA

View Full Version : Prettty helmets....

Velox
19th May 2006, 00:24
Saw a helmet today in Sawyers that was covered in flowers and insect graphics (mainly butterflies) - first helmet that looks like it's been specifically designed for gals that I've seen.
A bit too sickly sweet for my liking but it came in gold and light blue/silver (in the catalogue) which was pretty cool. Still verging on being a bit "cute" but they're diff from what you usually see which great!

Ok - found some pics, but not of the one that was in the shop and was real bright colours on white. ('Shark' btw)

Fatjim
19th May 2006, 00:38
It's not the flower pattern Soumy is it. Had a mirrored visor did it?

SPman
19th May 2006, 01:30
Shark S800 Butterfly model - Mstriumph has got one - theyre quite neat - something a bit different.

ZeroIndex
19th May 2006, 06:48
Saw a helmet today in Sawyers that was covered in flowers and insect graphics (mainly butterflies) - first helmet that looks like it's been specifically designed for gals that I've seen.
A bit too sickly sweet for my liking but it came in gold and light blue/silver (in the catalogue) which was pretty cool. Still verging on being a bit "cute" but they're diff from what you usually see which great!

Ok - found some pics, but not of the one that was in the shop and was real bright colours on white. ('Shark' btw)
oooh, i want the pretty blue one.. and leathers to go with it..

Darkman
19th May 2006, 06:50
My wife is a bit like you..likes the pritty stuff. She likes this one..

James Deuce
19th May 2006, 06:50
It's not the flower pattern Soumy is it. Had a mirrored visor did it?
No it's not. It's the Shark. Seen it too, and told to sell to the nearest woman-thing by Robyn.

Geez.

Motu
19th May 2006, 07:42
So what's wrong with black? - I thought it went with everything?

ajturbo
19th May 2006, 08:19
mud boy is bitching that he wants a new helemit!!:killingme :killingme :killingme

Rosie
19th May 2006, 08:22
There is a baby pink HJC helmet in one of the bike shops in Rotorua. It's got a sort of pearlised finish on it, which is a bit much. I think I'll stick to my plain silver helmet.

idb
19th May 2006, 08:29
And it's slimming.
It makes your head look small.

NC
19th May 2006, 08:31
There is a baby pink HJC helmet in one of the bike shops in Rotorua. It's got a sort of pearlised finish on it, which is a bit much. I think I'll stick to my plain silver helmet.
Do you know what size the helmet is?

They look wicked, weazle :D

mstriumph
19th May 2006, 14:56

but it's not our HEADS that we need to look slim ......... :confused:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25694&d=1139394876

this is my shark ---- very comfy it is, too! :spudflip:

Two Smoker
19th May 2006, 15:29
http://www.araiamericas.com/all_three.jpg

My new helmet is the top one... Nicky Hayden Rep...

Mental Trousers
19th May 2006, 16:13
Black is a colour that people wear when they want to hide something.

Black helmet = hiding ugly face/head
Black jacket = hiding chicken arms, hollow chest & fat guts
Black pants = hiding chicken legs, fat/no arse
Black bike = hiding ugly bike

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS I've got black pants (couldn't get anything else) and black jacket with shiny bits (wicked price).

Rosie
19th May 2006, 16:21
Do you know what size the helmet is?

They look wicked, weazle :D

I think it was small. Can't remember, I wasn't really looking.
It's at Bikeforce in Rotorua if you wanted to get hold of them + find out more.

idb
19th May 2006, 16:22

PS I've got black pants (couldn't get anything else) and black jacket with shiny bits (wicked price).
I've got all of the above...............ha!..............that just proves your theory wrong.
My Mum thinks I'm very handsome.

Darkman
19th May 2006, 16:58
http://www.araiamericas.com/all_three.jpg

My new helmet is the top one... Nicky Hayden Rep...

That is cool!

limbimtimwim
19th May 2006, 20:42
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (CLAP CLAP CLAP) Soooooo getting one of those.

But no helmets with fairies!!

Maybe a My Little Pony helmet would be possible.

First, though, I owe $50.

Patch
19th May 2006, 20:52
Well thats definately something only a Honda owner would wear!

Why?? no-one really knows, probably same reason they ride a honda.

:laugh:

Darkman
19th May 2006, 21:08
Well thats definately something only a Honda owner would wear!

Why?? no-one really knows, probably same reason they ride a honda.

:laugh:

Ahh sorry man...forgot to add one that you would like..This would go well with a TL..

Patch
19th May 2006, 21:14
Ha ha, I've seen that shirt somewhere before, oh that's right he-she was riding their little honda 90 home after the madi-gra.

Darkman
19th May 2006, 21:21
Ha ha, I've seen that shirt somewhere before, oh that's right he-she was riding their little honda 90 home after the madi-gra.

Yeah..was she going past you as you were pushing your TLR!!Ha ha.

Dafe
19th May 2006, 21:31
Not just butterflies - All sorts of insects.

I checked it out yesterday, not for me though......

If you're in there again, ask Kerry to show you the Shark Hook helmet he has behind the counter. It's the one and only of this model in NZ.
I also heard that the Butterfly helmet is the only one in stock in NZ at present. Very rare!
And arriving very soon, The only two Shark Mythic helmets in the country to date. (Pre-Purchased).
Kerry is the man to see for Shark helmets. He got headhunted by the NZ Shark distributor in Auckland, but.....He's a true Wellingtonian of course!

Velox, If you are really keen on the helmet, I can talk to Kerry and get you a very sharp price on it.
Also, If you really really want it. You can setup an account to pay it off. Take now - Pay later, very dangerous.
Shark is the Shiz, I own three and my wife owns one. One of mine is a Go-Kart helmet now though.

Dafe
19th May 2006, 21:54
Has anybody else seen the TL commuter in Wellington who has the Air Brushed Kiss helmet? (As in the Musical Band - Kiss!)
Fark that guys helmet is Wicked!!! Ups to that guy! Bigger Ups to the artist!! Best helmet I've seen to date.

R6_kid
19th May 2006, 23:48
icon make some 'girly' lids too. Not totally girly in design, but come in baby blue, baby pink etc...

mstriumph
22nd May 2006, 12:14

Black pants = hiding chicken legs, fat/no arse ........................

*sobs uncontrollably into small lace hanky ...........* :shake: :innocent:

Edbear
22nd May 2006, 12:28

Black bike = hiding ugly bike.[/SIZE]

Ooh that's harsh! I got two out of four...:second:

ZeroIndex
22nd May 2006, 12:38
Not just butterflies - All sorts of insects.

I checked it out yesterday, not for me though......

If you're in there again, ask Kerry to show you the Shark Hook helmet he has behind the counter. It's the one and only of this model in NZ.
I also heard that the Butterfly helmet is the only one in stock in NZ at present. Very rare!
And arriving very soon, The only two Shark Mythic helmets in the country to date. (Pre-Purchased).
Kerry is the man to see for Shark helmets. He got headhunted by the NZ Shark distributor in Auckland, but.....He's a true Wellingtonian of course!

Velox, If you are really keen on the helmet, I can talk to Kerry and get you a very sharp price on it.
Also, If you really really want it. You can setup an account to pay it off. Take now - Pay later, very dangerous.
Shark is the Shiz, I own three and my wife owns one. One of mine is a Go-Kart helmet now though.
haha.. I could imagine one with cockroaches and other crawly insects :D ..that would be popular PT

The_Dover
22nd May 2006, 12:47
icon make some 'girly' lids too. Not totally girly in design, but come in baby blue, baby pink etc...

So it is you on the arse-sex with the girly pink helmet!!

Nicksta
22nd May 2006, 19:22

But i wear black helmet/jacket/pants/boots
and i occasionally ride a black bike....
:( :( :(

i'm all for pretty helmets.... mine is plain black, but it has an oh so pretty spoiler on it!!!

Mental Trousers
22nd May 2006, 19:33

But i wear black helmet/jacket/pants/boots
and i occasionally ride a black bike....
:( :( :(

Dammit, you had to prove me wrong didn't you nicksta. There's always exceptions to everything!!

MattRSK
22nd May 2006, 19:48
My mate Dave came round and thought it would be cool to wear my helmet while playing Moto Gp 3. Do rather like my helmet though.

Velox
22nd May 2006, 21:59
I'm not really that keen on that particular design (and esp not the coloured version they've got in there at the mo) - I just like that it's diff and that there's more 'gals'-type stuff out there now. The one I really like at Sawyers at the mo is the mat black Shoei one with the silver dragons kind of stencilled on. Costs $800 without a dark visor, nose piece or chin thing so gonna have to rule it out unfortunately.:bye: Gonna look online and see what else is out there though cause NZ seems to have a really limited selection in the shops.

Quartida
22nd May 2006, 23:14
There was a really nice matt black and white design Shoei (I think) at Botany Honda the other day. I'd love to get an 'interesting' helmet like that but just can't afford it. And to be fair, I could never beat a Kiss helmet so I'm not going to try. :D

I'm not sure about the idea of girly helmets though. Although some of them look pretty good, I think it's much better when you're just wearing a normal helmet and people assume you're a bloke until you take the helmet off. Always some cute little surprised expressions from people.

....or maybe they were terrified expressions. Hard to tell.

Dafe
22nd May 2006, 23:23
I'm not really that keen on that particular design (and esp not the coloured version they've got in there at the mo) - I just like that it's diff and that there's more 'gals'-type stuff out there now. The one I really like at Sawyers at the mo is the mat black Shoei one with the silver dragons kind of stencilled on. Costs $800 without a dark visor, nose piece or chin thing so gonna have to rule it out unfortunately.:bye: Gonna look online and see what else is out there though cause NZ seems to have a really limited selection in the shops.

The nose piece alternatives should come with all Shark helmets.
$800 sounds steep? Looking at the helmet, It looks to me like a S800 model which shouldn't cost more than $600 with visor included.

If you are looking around, Bare in mind that Kerry at Sawyers can infact order in any Shark Helmet. If they aren't stocked in NZ, you may just have to wait 4-8 weeks for one to be delivered.

ZeroIndex
23rd May 2006, 06:48
My mate Dave came round and thought it would be cool to wear my helmet while playing Moto Gp 3. Do rather like my helmet though.
I did that not too long ago, but on Live For Speed, with my Logitech Momo Force Feedback Steering Wheel, and I wore my gloves.. I found that you get hot very quickly..

Kendog
23rd May 2006, 10:09
Not trying to get off topic too much, but the topic of helmets reminded me....
I wear a child's helmet (due to having a small head) and when I do over about 90kmph it pushes back on my head a bit and the front is pushed into the front of my face, not much clearance between my visor and my nose. So my question to those in the know is, if I assed off and somehow landed on my face, do you think I would break my nose? I'm sure it would be the least of my worries, but was thinking of it the other day as I was riding along with my nose on my visor. Thanks.
Mrs KD

ZeroIndex
23rd May 2006, 11:01
Not trying to get off topic too much, but the topic of helmets reminded me....
I wear a child's helmet (due to having a small head) and when I do over about 90kmph it pushes back on my head a bit and the front is pushed into the front of my face, not much clearance between my visor and my nose. So my question to those in the know is, if I assed off and somehow landed on my face, do you think I would break my nose? I'm sure it would be the least of my worries, but was thinking of it the other day as I was riding along with my nose on my visor. Thanks.
Mrs KD
I wear a XXL hjc helmet, and at 100km/h (or just before) my lips become 'kissing distance' from the front of my helmet..

Velox
23rd May 2006, 21:33
The nose piece alternatives should come with all Shark helmets.
$800 sounds steep? Looking at the helmet, It looks to me like a S800 model which shouldn't cost more than $600 with visor included.

If you are looking around, Bare in mind that Kerry at Sawyers can infact order in any Shark Helmet. If they aren't stocked in NZ, you may just have to wait 4-8 weeks for one to be delivered.
The one I was meaning is the Shoei one that I prefer to the Shark.

Yeah - I'm gonna look around on the sites and prob get them to order one in eventually. Cheers!

EDIT: Just put in pics of the Shoei. Mmmmmm. Very nice. A tiny bit of red in it would be cool though. And I think I made the dragon look way cooler in my mind.
Actually - it's not working.:sick: Anyway, it's the Shoei XR1000 Relic

Darkman
23rd May 2006, 21:53
The one I was meaning is the Shoei one that I prefer to the Shark.

Yeah - I'm gonna look around on the sites and prob get them to order one in eventually. Cheers!

Yeah..good choice..I bought a new shark not so long ago(had a Shoei)...prefer the Shoei too(fits nice)..will be going back to Shoei again as soon as I win the lotto.New Shoei Dragon is $1500...outch.. The Shark is more quiet and much cheaper which is good though.

sunhuntin
27th May 2006, 17:46
i wouldnt mind one with butterflies on it....i love butterflies. but i like black better. the kids would never leave me alone if i had a pretty helmet!!

buellbabe
15th June 2006, 14:27
PRETTY helmets??? Sorry but I am gagging... why do manufacturers think that women wanna wear babypink/blue frigging leathers and helmets with girly pics on them???? Cool if you're into that but I most definately am NOT. I like styley graphics but you'll never see a flower on my helmet! That said... I'm sure they are amazing but just so NOT my thing!
Hamilton Motorcycles have got 2 Arai helmets in at the mo that I like... the saleslady said they were 1-offs which is bollocks cos I checked the website, they are just brandnew thats all. 1 is called Chaser Contrast Grey and the other is Chaser Camo. The Contrast Grey is subtle but cool.
I've got a Shark at the mo, bought it in Canada ( only $200! ) but altho its light and very comfortable I'm not that impressed cos 2 vents have broken on it already and I've only had it 6 months!

Two Smoker
15th June 2006, 14:51
I've got a Shark at the mo, bought it in Canada ( only $200! ) but altho its light and very comfortable I'm not that impressed cos 2 vents have broken on it already and I've only had it 6 months!

Definately need an arai then...

buellbabe
15th June 2006, 15:03
ah yeah but they are $900+
gulp

Two Smoker
15th June 2006, 15:06
ah yeah but they are $900+
gulp

But sooooooooo worth it.... I used to think that, hence getting HJC helmets... oh how i was wrong...

buellbabe
15th June 2006, 15:20
I haven't actually tried it on cos if it fits then I am gonna have a hard time not making an "impulse purchase"....LOL
(its not a big size...)

Quartida
15th June 2006, 16:23
Haha, don't you just hate it how impulse purchases are never less than 3/4 of what you have in your bank account?

I wish I had impulses to buy...matchsticks. Or glad wrap. But oh, no, it never turns out that way. *sigh*

robnz
15th June 2006, 16:33
bought this helmet 2 weeks ago. made by kbc. got it from motomail

SDU
15th June 2006, 16:57
PRETTY helmets??? Sorry but I am gagging... why do manufacturers think that women wanna wear babypink/blue frigging leathers and helmets with girly pics on them????

Second that. So far I haven't seen in the shops anything other than pink or over the top floral MX Womans pants :sick: Whats with that!
If they do some tasteful stuff for those who do like it great! But give the rest of us some choice, the sooner they learn not all girly girl stuff is liked or needed for us to feel feminine.

The shark insect helmet prints do look from the pics like they are tastefully done.

I have had my shark for appox 10mths now with No probs. I find it comfy.
I got the RSF2i (the Bolt? c avatar).

Darkman
15th June 2006, 17:35

Nice !!

skelstar
16th June 2006, 09:38
Saw this helmet on www.somewhere the other day. Awesome.

Its called the 'Corsa Tommy Gun'.

buellbabe
16th June 2006, 09:49
WHOA! awesome but too colourful for me! plus I can feel the bank balance plummeting...

Biohazard
16th June 2006, 09:52

My bikes not ugly :weep:I love my little black Blade :not::hug:dont be nasty mista :nya:

BTW - How ya feeling now MT?

SDU
16th June 2006, 09:59
Hey Buellbabe shark have a five year guarantee you should contact them & see if you can get them to sort something out for you. Shouldn't matter where you got it from.

This is the Shark Helmet site there are some awesome helmets.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/shark/shark_fra_Public/Shark2003/sharkfull_gb_2005.htm

nodrog
16th June 2006, 10:07
34816speaking of pretty helmets, check out TL rider's new skid lid!

skelstar
16th June 2006, 10:33
Thats sooo.... 'hot'.

DMNTD
16th June 2006, 10:46
Thats sooo.... 'hot'.
Only if HOT is the new word for bent...sure

34816speaking of pretty helmets, check out TL rider's new skid lid!

Fark mate....no lollies for you!
I told you our role playing was to be kept quite didn't I???? :nono:
The look on the peoples faces was well worth it :blip:
Anyhoo...suppose I may as well post a pic of MY new helmet then.

Str8 Jacket
16th June 2006, 10:49
Anyhoo...suppose I may as well post a pic of MY new helmet then.

Hey thats a very kewl helmet! Mind me asking how much you paid for it?

DMNTD
16th June 2006, 10:58
Hey thats a very kewl helmet! Mind me asking how much you paid for it?

No I don't mind at all... got it for $700 and I've seen them in other shops for $750+
Good helmet,nice and steady at "pace" but a bit on the noisey side without ear plugs.
Will invest in a whisper kit I reckon :blip:

Str8 Jacket
16th June 2006, 11:01
No I don't mind at all... got it for $700 and I've seen them in other shops for $750+
Good helmet,nice and steady at "pace" but a bit on the noisey side without ear plugs.

Thanks for that!

I really want a new helmet (need riding boots first though really) but I need one that blocks out alot of noise as I cant find earplugs that dont hurt my ears and my two strokes rather loud... My HJC CS10 isnt too bad at blocking out the noise but its starting to look old and scratched!

DMNTD
16th June 2006, 11:05
but I need one that blocks out alot of noise...

I find it considerably quieter than my "old" HJC...well worth it IMHO.
It also feels a lot more balanced...nicer at all speeds.
The whisper kit is about $50 from memory too...

Str8 Jacket
16th June 2006, 11:05
I find it considerably quieter than my "old" HJC...well worth it IMHO.
It also feels a lot more balanced...nicer at all speeds.
The whisper kit is about $50 from memory too...

Thats not too bad a price to save your hearing. Cheers for the advice, much appreciated!

James Deuce
16th June 2006, 11:09
Thanks for that!

I really want a new helmet (need riding boots first though really) but I need one that blocks out alot of noise

What's up? Is the G-Man still screaming when he rides pillion with you?

Str8 Jacket
16th June 2006, 11:17
What's up? Is the G-Man still screaming when he rides pillion with you?

lol! After a long ride all I can hear is riiiiiiing aaaaa diiiing diiiing diiiing and it gets louder and louder for quite a while, usually until I go to sleep. It gets very irritating like that bloody Crazy Frog song!

buellbabe
16th June 2006, 11:49
Hey Buellbabe shark have a five year guarantee you should contact them & see if you can get them to sort something out for you. Shouldn't matter where you got it from.

This is the Shark Helmet site there are some awesome helmets.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/shark/shark_fra_Public/Shark2003/sharkfull_gb_2005.htm
Hey good point, cheers! I reckon its a lemon cos as well as 2 vents broken ( and not thru misuse either! ) I had to replace the visor almost immediately cos the coating started flaking off...

Velox
17th June 2006, 23:25
Anyhoo...suppose I may as well post a pic of MY new helmet then.[/B]
Mmmmm - that's the one that I was talking about earlier. Verrrry nice.

Quartida
18th June 2006, 18:01

Hey, this is going to sound a bit stalkerish, but did you go to Botany Town Centre on Saturday? I noticed a guy with that helmet...

Quartida
18th June 2006, 18:02
TL: that's one of the helmets I was talking about earlier. I love it :love:

When I get the money, I'm gonna get me one of those.

I'm soooo jealous!

Sniper
1st July 2006, 18:13

Just saw this now.

You got a damn good deal. JWALKER on this site payed over $900 for his just like that.

Skyryder
9th July 2006, 00:29
Saw a harley rider (female) wearing a helmut that had three or four crome spikes sticking up. Looked kitch but hey..................anyway anyone seen this type of brain protecter.

Skyryder

Lisa_Mandy
1st August 2006, 07:11
Got one of the Shark butterfly lids. But I must have a funny shaped head, cause it HURT. So I went back to my nice comfy light Shoei instead!

But I do have to admit - it looks the business. :niceone:

skelstar
1st August 2006, 09:12
For the sake of prettty lids heres my new one. I LOVE it.

Its a Kagayama Shoei XR-1000. Looks pretty good with the tinted visor, might have to get a iridium light tint for it too sometime.

ZeroIndex
1st August 2006, 10:26
i just got a hjc cl-14 on thursday :), its matte metallic gray with black tribal-ish decals.. will post a pic later

skelstar
16th August 2006, 09:38
Hey V, found some more helmets you should consider. Theyre all KBC helmets. Like the dark evil one. Would look awesome with your evil looking bike, as would the Gunslinger one. The last one is just a girly one for balance.

Kendog
16th August 2006, 11:13
I like that last one!!! Not that I need a new helmet (aye honey ;) ).
Mrs KD.

limbimtimwim
16th August 2006, 18:24
Ohhh!

I like the gun one!!

Even more than a metallic pink fluro helmet!!

HDTboy
16th August 2006, 18:29
I've got a pretty helmet for you :blip:

Kendog
16th August 2006, 18:41
I like that last one!!! Not that I need a new helmet (aye honey ;) ).
Mrs KD.

:nono: I think the helmet you have is perfectly acceptable :oi-grr:

skelstar
16th August 2006, 21:37
I've got a pretty helmet for you :blip:

Is it still covered in mud?

Skunk
16th August 2006, 22:21
Here's the two I've recently purchased.

HDTboy
17th August 2006, 10:22
Is it still covered in mud?

I didn't think we were going to make that public Skel :love:

Velox
17th August 2006, 17:43
Hey V, found some more helmets you should consider. Theyre all KBC helmets. Like the dark evil one. Would look awesome with your evil looking bike, as would the Gunslinger one. The last one is just a girly one for balance.

Oooooh - yeah the first and third ones are real cool!!! I'll have to check out prices and other pics on the net. I like.

Maha
27th August 2006, 17:43
But i love the way it......sparkle's....:whistle: :done:

buellbabe
28th August 2006, 07:30
Those KBC Lids aren't bad... like the Gunslinger one and... shock horror... I think the 'girly' heart one is actually quite cool... it would look better on a matt black base tho...