PDA

View Full Version : trackday rules

FROSTY
19th May 2006, 08:26
Below are the rules for trackday 3 >anybody not clear on the rules please read eALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.

1) Bike setup/gear setup.
ALL BIKES/RIDERS going on the track will be scrutineered.
basicly bike needs to be able to pass a WOF but below are some specifics.
No sharp/edges/loose parts
Tyres must be road legal for road bikes.
ball ends on all levers to be in place.
.Mirrors removed or taped up.
No leaking fluids.
GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .
Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(again those w
No open tube ends on handlebars. (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)
Brakes to work propperly front and rear.
Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction) .
Riding gear-A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
gloves,bike boots,cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece.suit.
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
-Blown fork seals (oil not running down the fork leg) ,slightly worn swing arm bearings and similar may not stop you getting on the track -BUT as a couple of members have discovered it really mucks up your handling and spoils your enjoyment of the day.Its a great excuse to get those niggly little issues sorted.

-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
7 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.
8)dont look back -the onus is on anyone passing you to do so safely
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill end of day.-by riders or spectators.Riders must not be under the influence before the meeting or during -this is a rule from taupo car club not me
Again guys N gals I really want one and all to have a good time so these rules are to protect us all.

Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by marshalls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) and there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety

Track day timetable--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money and sighn the indemnity form.also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike and be wearing all ya gear.
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
Changes from last track day.
1) FLAGS--Red flag waved means SLOW to cruising pace--NO PASSING -
and leave the track via the pits exit -Also please ride OFF of the propper line (Il explain that on the day)
DO NOT stop on the track.
Yellow flag waved on a corner -SLOW--- no passing on that corner
Chequred flag waved at designated point(probably pits exit)--end of session--also yellow flags displayed at all marshal points in case ya missed it.
Session designations--At the moment the session flags will be red/green/yellow/white.
The session flag will be clearly displayed for the group on the track.
2 Minutes before session change a foghorn will be sounded and the flag for the next session will be displayed.
Changing Groups -Ill only be changing you from one speed group to another at 4 times during the day.The exception to this is if you are clearly in the wrong group and I will change you -either too fast or too slow for your group.
There will be two med groups--up to 600 and 600 plus -(the 636 is 600plus)
There will be a whiteboard with sessions to go and sessions run on it -also a clock showing when the last session startedm

Two Smoker
19th May 2006, 09:16
Very fair frosty :niceone: And the weather looks like it will be Fine with Clouldy Periods... High of 14 degrees...

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 10:01
14 degrees......gulp......I guess I won't beable to wear my shorts and jandels on the track then....might see if I can find some cheap sneakers...

Two Smoker
19th May 2006, 11:33
14 degrees......gulp......I guess I won't beable to wear my shorts and jandels on the track then....might see if I can find some cheap sneakers...

You soft cock... I wear shorts down in manfield all the time over last years winter series...

Quasievil
19th May 2006, 12:05
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

I will Have Back Protectors to loan out (not many) and will be selling also, will consider use now pay later deals on these

ajturbo
19th May 2006, 12:07
[quote=FROSTY]Below are the rules for trackday 3
-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there
2 Stick to your line -Dont deliberately block.

well that blows my plan:drinkup:

Switch
19th May 2006, 12:44
Aw that sounds like fun...im jelous now :weep:

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 13:08
You soft cock... I wear shorts down in manfield all the time over last years winter series...
yer....its the whole chilli breeze on me tootsies I'm worried about...if my feet get cold I mite miss a gear change or sumfin....!