PDA

View Full Version : June 3rd Pukekohe Open Day - Spidi Hot Chicks Day Out

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 09:30
Put it in your diaries people!

Cibby has a new bike :woohoo: and it's time my new bike had it's first outing at Pukekohe.:ride:

So we thought June 3rd would be the perfect day. As it's Queen's birthday we figured there may be less cars there so we bikes could take over.

All welcome, usual Pukekohe Open Day rules apply, it'd be great to see a few KBers down there.

Oh yeah, anyone want to volunteer to be our pit crew?

Cibby
19th May 2006, 09:52
Yah, like totaly cant wait!!!!!!

Should be enteraining at the very least as it will be my first time on my new bicycle, with slicks.. har har har.. and at pukekohe!!!!!

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 09:57
I'll be the team massusse!!!

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 10:03
I'll be the team massusse!!!

Well you'd better get yer ass up here for the weekend then. We'll be needing more than just a massage by the end of this day... :devil2:

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 10:22
Well you'd better get yer ass up here for the weekend then. We'll be needing more than just a massage by the end of this day... :devil2:
I thought it was sex the night before?

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 10:29
I thought it was sex the night before?

True, but I'm also testing the theory that post-race testosterone can improve recovery times...

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 10:35
True, but I'm also testing the theory that post-race testosterone can improve recovery times...
well thats fine :devil2: ......but it will be an extensive and probally exhuastive test....are you sure you would be able to handle it!! I'm very thourgh

Postie
19th May 2006, 10:35
well one chicky is gonna have to wait for another week after, to get fully recovered in that case

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 10:37
well one chicky is gonna have to wait for another week after, to get fully recovered in that case

Yeah? Well it ain't me...

enigma51
19th May 2006, 10:39
Hmmm the 3rd cancel today and get to play with the girls.........

Okay im in!

enigma51
19th May 2006, 10:40
post-race testosterone can improve recovery times...

Hmmm i have alot of that and it has not helped me yet!

Cibby
19th May 2006, 10:41
well thats fine :devil2: ......but it will be an extensive and probally exhuastive test....are you sure you would be able to handle it!! I'm very thourgh

Mr poos.. *sigh* :mega:

I need someone to push start my bike for me, i'll even let you rev it occasionally and fill it with petrol, :woohoo: got tyre warmer as well so those gotta be taken on a off..

Its gonna be a tough day people!!!

Yep :) :Punk:

cowpoos
19th May 2006, 10:41
why is there a thrid chick going that I don't know about?

enigma51
19th May 2006, 10:42
Okay maybe i must stay home unless the girls play nice and allow me to be infront for a short time even if it is just out of the pits

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 10:47
Okay maybe i must stay home unless the girls play nice and allow me to be infront for a short time even if it is just out of the pits

So long as you help me get my bike off and on the trailer and off and on the pit stands, you can go first ok?

enigma51
19th May 2006, 10:48
So long as you help me get my bike off and on the trailer and off and on the pit stands, you can go first ok?

Sounds like a deal

But will you allow me to lead for one lap as well or am I pushing it.

Just for my ego thats all.

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 10:53
Well...

I'll have to think about it...

Maybe?

Umm...

Well...

Oh alright, but just because I'm nice though, and only once...

Two Smoker
19th May 2006, 11:02
I should be there... And i might be riding too....

NinjaBoy
19th May 2006, 12:12
Hmmmmmmm......tempting

Quick blat before the Shaun Harris day.... Need to butter up the wifey now I suspect.

NinjaBoy
19th May 2006, 12:13

Can you give a me headstart too ????

Hoon
19th May 2006, 12:27
Yep I'm planning to go that weekend or the next if the weather sucks so might see you all there!

Switch
19th May 2006, 12:47
Woo its near where i live. I might come along and spectate. Does it cost to spectate? :done:

Keystone19
19th May 2006, 12:48
Woo its near where i live. I might come along and spectate. Does it cost to spectate? :done:

Free to spectate, free to help out in our pit too...

Switch
19th May 2006, 12:50
Wohoo, i'll check to see if i have any exams around that date. But so far count me in :eek: no idea what to do, seeing as i dont even have my bike licence yet :no:

Two Smoker
19th May 2006, 13:06
Wohoo, i'll check to see if i have any exams around that date. But so far count me in :eek: no idea what to do, seeing as i dont even have my bike licence yet :no:

Come down and have a good look, its good fun to watch... Will check with my race boss and my opartner boss but will hopefully have my race bike there...

Cibby
19th May 2006, 13:15
Sounds like a deal

But will you allow me to lead for one lap as well or am I pushing it.

Just for my ego thats all.

you can lead all teh way for me, !! i gonna be slow...... :(

plus i'll be chasing jill the whole way !! hshahaha :laugh:

enigma51
19th May 2006, 16:00
you can lead all teh way for me, !! i gonna be slow...... :(

plus i'll be chasing jill the whole way !! hshahaha :laugh:

If you are chasing gil you will be lapping me!

Cibby
19th May 2006, 16:32
If you are chasing gil you will be lapping me!

na we can just chill at the back and teach the bugs how to get their knees down.. ya huh.. :Punk: :tugger:

enigma51
19th May 2006, 16:41
na we can just chill at the back and teach the bugs how to get their knees down.. ya huh.. :Punk: :tugger:

You can teach me! as long as you dont tell the other boys i got taught by women you know its a ego thing

R6_kid
20th May 2006, 16:58
if have money = will attend.

Mr Skid
20th May 2006, 17:47
Okay maybe i must stay home unless the girls play nice and allow me to be infront for a short time even if it is just out of the pitsWill you be able to get out of the pits without falling off? :spudflip:

aff-man
21st May 2006, 10:43
Hmmm right smack in the middle of exams....... but who needs to study anyway. If I can find some time i'll come out and watch and probably help out in the pits

Switch
21st May 2006, 16:20
Im coming :yes:

Patch
21st May 2006, 17:15
So long as you help me get off, you can go first ok?

Now here is a woman in need. Always willing to give a lady a helping hand or two :blip:

Cibby has my number :innocent:

enigma51
21st May 2006, 18:55
Will you be able to get out of the pits without falling off? :spudflip:

wasnt me!

10 chars

Fishy
22nd May 2006, 08:53
Cool, I have that weekend off so I will come down with Sarah and have a watch... oh maybe I can hold the umbrella's for you girls :doobey:

Toast
22nd May 2006, 17:04
I'm coming, I'm coming! (weather, rear tyre, etc. dependent of course)

Happyish with the 'Blade's performance at Taupo, time to see what the girl will do on something I kinda know. Like the back straight, I know that well, gonna learn you on that Jill.

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 09:32
Semi-tempted. Dont know why though. Sucker for punishment?

Keystone19
23rd May 2006, 09:33
Semi-tempted. Dont know why though. Sucker for punishment?

You know you want to...

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 09:35
You know I think I want to anyway.

Keystone19
23rd May 2006, 09:35
I'm coming, I'm coming! (weather, rear tyre, etc. dependent of course)

Like the back straight, I know that well, gonna learn you on that Jill.

:killingme

Last time you gave me the learn at Puke you fell off!

However, if you can't give me the learn down the back straight on your bike I'm going to be seriously worried about you...

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 09:42
You know you want to...

I hope your going to turn on the sunshine...

Keystone19
23rd May 2006, 09:49
I hope your going to turn on the sunshine...

Special requests, begging and bribes have been placed with the weather Gods...

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 09:54
Whats the format like on the day? Are there different speed groups as such, and would I riding against racers etc? I understand that there will be cars out there, Im wondering if thats much of an issue for bikes.

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 09:58
Whats the format like on the day? Are there different speed groups as such, and would I riding against racers etc? I understand that there will be cars out there, Im wondering if thats much of an issue for bikes.

1 class for bikes.... so if andrew stroud and ray clee decide to turn up, you will get the learn big time...

Cheers Jill, thanks for the bribing and begging... Have just found out that my race bike WILL be ready for the 3rd... so will be there...

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 10:00
Ah. Oh good. Dont mind getting the learn...dont want to get in the way though. Ill come if finances allow I think.

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 10:02
Ah. Oh good. Dont mind getting the learn...dont want to get in the way though. Ill come if finances allow I think.

Stay on your line, dont swerve or worry about whats happening behind you, and you will be sweet...

Toast
23rd May 2006, 10:51
:killingme

Last time you gave me the learn at Puke you fell off!

However, if you can't give me the learn down the back straight on your bike I'm going to be seriously worried about you...

Yeah, but at least I gave you learn under brakes before I crashed. About 10 seconds before if I recall.

I also recall that I failed to give you the learn down the back straight when you were on MR's 600...but I've got a new exhaust and have sworn off pies since then, so you're gonna get served now gurlfren!

Toast
23rd May 2006, 10:53

Yeah don't worry about the really fast guys Skels, they're good enough that they'll just go around you.

You've gotta be more worried about the muppets who were gonna go inside you but just missed their downshift and are now straight lining it towards you. But don't worry, we'll figure something out at the time using hand signals :niceone:

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 11:03
Yeah sure...I know they are good enough to pass etc. Had plenty of practice being submissive at Taupo.

Will I only need one hand for these signals? ;)

Toast
23rd May 2006, 11:23
Yeah sure...I know they are good enough to pass etc. Had plenty of practice being submissive at Taupo.

Will I only need one hand for these signals? ;)

You've just gotta watch my hand signals aye.

Waving you through with my hand means keep going/accelerate, I'll go behind ya and hit the wall.

The universal 'stop' signal means brake, I'll low side in front of ya.

One finger across the throat, All Blacks haka style means you're screwed, jump :)

In the latter case, Jill will award you a score out of 10 for your crash. My record is 8.5, but I reckon if we form a duo we can crack in to the 9's :niceone:

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 11:25
Syncronised like? We make it look ridiculous enough they may make it an olympic sport. Id wear a swimsuit but not one of those silly nose plug things.

Toast
23rd May 2006, 11:27
Syncronised like? We make it look ridiculous enough they may make it an olympic sport. Id wear a swimsuit but not one of those silly nose plug things.

Oh trust me, I got top marks for ridiculous looking as I stood up from the crash last time.

Keystone19
23rd May 2006, 11:45
Oh trust me, I got top marks for ridiculous looking as I stood up from the crash last time.

Yeah, 'specially with yer fly busted open like that...

Was a sight to behold I tell ya...

motobob
23rd May 2006, 12:43
Had plenty of practice being submissive at Taupo.

;)

So is that the real reason Velox was smiling all day Sunday.

Just get your butt up here on the 3rd. I doubt any racers will be there because its late in the season.

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 12:45
Ha. A bad choice of words.

R6_kid
23rd May 2006, 12:50
looks like im going to be hanging around. Cant afford to do the day - alas, my bike will be in fine running form, but still in need of tyres and a rear shock rebuild.

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 13:32
So is that the real reason Velox was smiling all day Sunday.

nah she was just please I never pee'd on her bike...dam that chick has eye's in the back of her head...lol

Toast
23rd May 2006, 14:12
Yeah, 'specially with yer fly busted open like that...

Was a sight to behold I tell ya...

Stop talking me up Jill, I'm a shy boy...

Back to the subject of this open day...I'll likely be there against all financial odds, 'cos I've got a credit card :)

Motoracer
23rd May 2006, 21:56
As discussed earlier tonight, I'll try and come along Jill. If I am not riding, I might pop over for a look/see anyway.

Speedy
23rd May 2006, 23:48
hey id like 2 get on da track an get my knee dwn but how much deos it cost? sumthin like 90$ 4 the day right? and would ne 1 know nething about fiting crash bungs 2 a CBR250? aprox cost?

Toast
23rd May 2006, 23:52
Yep, open days are $90.

As for getting your knee down, it's surprisngly easy when you put your mind to it.

Crash bungs to a CBR250...I had the single R model, and believe that you had to cut the fairings to get some in there. Not sure about the RR.

Speedy
23rd May 2006, 23:58
maby i should change that i want 2 get my knee dwn around puke not a prob lol just wana do it on da track an see wat da little thing can do , the first time i got my knee dwn was on da GSX with out leathers BIG mistake lol (2years ago know) , ill go see the guys a cycletreads 2morow see wat they got mike an dem usally look afta me GOODGUYS (an 1 girl i think)

Toast
24th May 2006, 00:16
haha...ok then. If you've done it on the road, the track will be playschool for ya.

'Treads are a good bunch indeed. Haven't seen what leathers they have in stock. Many around here use Quasimoto leathers. Give 'Quasi' a PM and see when he's in Auckland if you're keen on some of those. Probably cost ya about $600 for a 2 piece, could be cheaper than a shop.

Actually, how big are ya? I've got some Spool (I think) leather pants for sale. Barely been worn, probably less than 10 times in total. Going cheap. Won't fit ya if you've got average-chunky legs though. PM me if you're keen.

Weather dependent, see ya at Puke

Two Smoker
24th May 2006, 08:19
As discussed earlier tonight, I'll try and come along Jill. If I am not riding, I might pop over for a look/see anyway.

Sweet...so you cn take my bike??? And Chloe and I???

Motoracer
24th May 2006, 22:29
Sweet...so you cn take my bike??? And Chloe and I???

Buy your own fukin van!

I'll see if I can take it along, other wise I was even thinking of just going along on the R6 in road trim.

I'll let you know either way man.

Switch
25th May 2006, 12:55
woo, sounds like we are getting a good KB crowd together for this open day :banana: :ride:

Cibby
25th May 2006, 13:37
wow, i lost this thread at about page 2.. looks like there will be an awesome turnout.. good to see peeps!!!!!

Keystone, your gifts to the gods had better be good!!!!!!! :)

To the dude with the CBR, i have crash buns, near new break pads, a chain, spark plugs and stuff for a CBR250... was for my cbr until i wrote it off again.. i'm sure we can sort a deal if you want some/all of it.

skelstar
25th May 2006, 14:00
'crash buns'?
Too much Cibby ;)

steved
29th May 2006, 09:12
Should be along for a blat if I can organise my flat-move for the Sunday. We've had so much rain lately, surely the sky has run out of water :)

Mental Trousers
29th May 2006, 21:54
I shall be there. Might even drag a couple of others along (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=30056).

skelstar
30th May 2006, 09:22
For some reason, I thought MT's link might be to his 'post' in the underwear thread.

Two Smoker
30th May 2006, 09:50
If its dry, a few of my mates will come along... add some entertainment with wheelies and the like....

Cibby
30th May 2006, 09:55
weathers looking good to.. yAH!!

cant wait :)

cowpoos
30th May 2006, 09:59
If its dry, a few of my mates will come along... add some entertainment with wheelies and the like....
you have mates?

Two Smoker
30th May 2006, 10:05
you have mates?

Good point... im in denile... These guys i sort of know are going to come down...

Cheeky fucker hehehe

Two Smoker
30th May 2006, 12:52
Scratch that... looks like I wont be able to make it due to $$$ and a new commitment on a the 17th of June...

cowpoos
30th May 2006, 12:58
Scratch that... looks like I wont be able to make it due to $$$ and a new commitment on a the 17th of June...
can I borrow ya tyre warmers.....I need something to keep ma pies warm ?

Mental Trousers
30th May 2006, 14:16
For some reason, I thought MT's link might be to his 'post' in the underwear thread.

I'm starting to worry now. This recent obsession with underwear isn't making you any friends ya know.

cowpoos
30th May 2006, 14:20
I'm starting to worry now. This recent obsession with underwear isn't making you any friends ya know.
and not to mention buying the honda.....its been all down hill for that lad scince!!!

Keystone19
30th May 2006, 15:54

Oh that's too bad Chris. We'll miss you and Chloe.

Better make it next time...or else!

Looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday - weather is shaping up just nicely...:banana:

Two Smoker
30th May 2006, 16:05
Oh that's too bad Chris. We'll miss you and Chloe.

Better make it next time...or else!

Looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday - weather is shaping up just nicely...:banana:

Dont worry ill be doing plenty of riding at the end of June and start of July....

skelstar
30th May 2006, 16:23
Still considering it, wont be on the track (cant afford) but will come along for a watch. Weather looks pretty good up the country for a ride up on Friday. People going to be there all day or just some of it?

Keystone19
30th May 2006, 21:16
Chances are if the weather is good, we'll be there all day. Got to get our $90 worth!

Spectating is fun too and there's always heaps of people to talk to, bikes to work on and laps to time.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday Sean...:yes:

boomer
30th May 2006, 22:20
I'll be there with Logan, i have a debt to pay and a a couple of peeps to 'learn'....AGAIN!! :blip:

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

Motoracer
31st May 2006, 09:17
I can't come either. I have other commitments sorry.

Have fun people!

Cibby
31st May 2006, 09:26
Chances are if the weather is good, we'll be there all day. Got to get our $90 worth!

Spectating is fun too and there's always heaps of people to talk to, bikes to work on and laps to time.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday Sean...:yes:

Lots of girls on hot bikes who need bit bitchs for the day... :yes: :yes:

Skelstar you shoudl diffently come up.. and watch.. yep :)

skelstar
31st May 2006, 09:37
Im a sucker for girls on hot bikes.:banana:

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 09:40
I mite come play weather dependant.....who's gunna make me some sandwiches for lunch?

Keystone19
31st May 2006, 09:51
I mite come play weather dependant.....who's gunna make me some sandwiches for lunch?

Oooh, poosy, I'd be honored to make you sandwiches. If making you sandwiches means you will grace us with your studly manliness, I'm your kitchen bitch...

Can I hold your umbrella too?

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 09:58
Oooh, poosy, I'd be honored to make you sandwiches. If making you sandwiches means you will grace us with your studly manliness, I'm your kitchen bitch...

Can I hold your umbrella too?
that would be splended luff!!!! I'll flick ya a txt on sat moring and let you know if I'll be there or not....coz if its gunna be anything but sunnie I'm not playing....but wanna hav a play on pukie....and I wanna hav some yummie samies!!! :)

you'll hav to escort me around for a few laps hun?

Cibby
31st May 2006, 10:08
that would be splended luff!!!! I'll flick ya a txt on sat moring and let you know if I'll be there or not....coz if its gunna be anything but sunnie I'm not playing....but wanna hav a play on pukie....and I wanna hav some yummie samies!!! :)

you'll hav to escort me around for a few laps hun?

you wanna come get the learn poos??

From Keystone i mean.. she is fast.. :) :blip:

Keystone.. do i get sammies to????

mmmmm Keystone sammies..... :) :innocent: :innocent:

Keystone19
31st May 2006, 10:30
Hey Cibby

Umm, I was thinking that maybe we should stop at the bakery on the way down...

skelstar
31st May 2006, 10:50
Quick question:
how far is it from...say Western Springs, to Puke?

The_Dover
31st May 2006, 10:56
Make sure you spit in that fat pricks sandwiches.

I thought he only ate pies though?

Cookie
31st May 2006, 11:00
It is exactly 56.279 km from Motions Road in Pt Chev, to Queen Street in Pukekohe.

This gem of information courtesy of "My Driving Directions" on www.wises.co.nz (see http://www.wises.co.nz/route/).

BTW, is there any charge for spectators on the day?

Regards
Cookie

Two Smoker
31st May 2006, 11:18
BTW, is there any charge for spectators on the day?

Regards
Cookie

No there isnt..... *goes and hides away to sulk since im not going anymore*

skelstar
31st May 2006, 11:51
Cheers for that Cookie. I should have thought of that.

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 12:11
No there isnt..... *goes and hides away to sulk since im not going anymore*
I could lend ya me bike for a few laps if its because your bike less...

Fishy
31st May 2006, 13:22
I'll be there with Logan, i have a debt to pay and a a couple of peeps to 'learn'....AGAIN!! :blip:

And 1 inch chicken strips to try and get rid of :nya: :doobey:

SlowHand
31st May 2006, 13:42
Lots of girls on hot bikes who need bit bitchs for the day... :yes: :yes:

At your cervix maddam!

Two Smoker
31st May 2006, 14:32
I could lend ya me bike for a few laps if its because your bike less...

Ooohhhh im tempted now.... Got new tyres???

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 14:39
Ooohhhh im tempted now.... Got new tyres???
yer...I stuck a K1 on the rear now....hopefully it heats up more than the k2's that I've had on there...

Two Smoker
31st May 2006, 14:44
yer...I stuck a K1 on the rear now....hopefully it heats up more than the k2's that I've had on there...

Ill see if i can make it, and hold you to your offer.... aslong as you dont mind seeing your bike being ridden properly :bleh: hehehe

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 14:54
Ill see if i can make it, and hold you to your offer.... aslong as you dont mind seeing your bike being ridden properly :bleh: hehehe
mate as long as it don't get ridden in to any concrete walls I'll be sweet...lol

Cibby
31st May 2006, 16:46
At your cervix maddam!

Hmm.. i dont know quite how to take that... :gob:

The bakery is a good idea thou jill.. lots of goodies full of sugar to keep us going all day long...

GO TEAM SPIDI HOT CHICKS :first: :first: :first: :first:

boomer
31st May 2006, 17:52
And 1 inch chicken strips to try and get rid of :nya: :doobey:

Here we have another talker.. You need to loose the "L" Finn and become a taker...:blip:

ya cheeky mofo..bling despatched:sick:

Fishy
1st June 2006, 08:01
Here we have another talker.. You need to loose the "L" Finn and become a taker...:blip:

ya cheeky mofo..bling despatched:sick:

Who you callin Finn?

boomer
1st June 2006, 08:08
Who you callin Finn?

don't start with the symantics :drinkup: :lol:

SlowHand
1st June 2006, 10:29
At your cervix maddam!
Hmm.. i dont know quite how to take that... :gob:

D'oh. Sorry. Madamoselle.

skelstar
1st June 2006, 11:05
Dammit.

Weather looks less than promising for my trip. I dont mind cold, but cold and wet could be a bit dangerous long distance. Im going to flag my trip and maybe go out on Manfield on Friday instead.

Have an awesome day on the track guys. Kick some arse Cibby!!!

Next time.

Toast
1st June 2006, 11:32
Dammit.

Weather looks less than promising for my trip. I dont mind cold, but cold and wet could be a bit dangerous long distance. Im going to flag my trip and maybe go out on Manfield on Friday instead.

Have an awesome day on the track guys. Kick some arse Cibby!!!

Next time.

I'd rather go on Manfield than Pukiehole anyway...and if it's closer to ya...no brainer.

Have fun :niceone:

Keystone19
1st June 2006, 12:29
Weather forecast is looking a bit stink for Saturday but I'm optimistic that the rain will hold off. Cross your fingers that the high coming up from the south pushes the low to the west off for a further 12 hours and we'll be sweet...

chickenfunkstar
1st June 2006, 12:49
Oooooh damn. The sensible part of my brain says no, but the devil on my sholder says yes... I'll have to think about it.

Qkchk
1st June 2006, 17:09
Even tho I am sooooo keen on coming down, I will have to put in my apologies :crybaby: Big shift coming up and only so many weekends to get shit sorted. Hope the weather holds out for you ladies and have a good time.... maybe next time.:bye:

SlowHand
1st June 2006, 18:21
Oooooh damn. The sensible part of my brain says no, but the devil on my sholder says yes... I'll have to think about it.

You should go man, never know, you may never get another sunny day for months!

Regards,

Devil on your shoulder

pay backs a bitch, innit?

MadDuck
1st June 2006, 20:20

TS if it aint raining I will be there and the SV is yours (not all day mind you) if you want a ride....same rules apply as Mr Poos though...NO CONCRETE WALLS. Its a damn long walk home for my little legs :nya:

Mental Trousers
1st June 2006, 20:29

/me gives that devil a bottle of V Black, a double Espresso and some Speed

YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO GET BEATEN BY A CHICK ON THE SAME BIKE FUNK :nya:

Come and do some laps. I know you like to push that SV hard.

SlowHand
1st June 2006, 22:46

Gawd I love it when you talk dirty.

chickenfunkstar
1st June 2006, 23:13
You should go man, never know, you may never get another sunny day for months!

Regards,

Devil on your shoulder

pay backs a bitch, innit?

Ok, i'm in. Can't really resist listening to the devil on my sholder can I?

Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers

Yeah, wouldn't mind giving the SV a bit of a cane. Haven't even been down Coromandel for a couple of months. Think i'll have to settle for 2nd or 3rd fastest SV though...

Cibby
2nd June 2006, 13:25
ok everyone..

the weather is looking "ok"

according to TVNZ which is way more accurate that the shitty Metservice..

**Mostly cloudy. Few northern showers. Fresh northeast **

So as we are kinda south of the Bombays, we should be fine as the showers are in the "north"

Hows that for a Jaffa perspective.

Hamilton has no showers forcast that according to The Keystone, Puke's weather is closer to that..

So... see ya all tomorrow :)

Fishy
2nd June 2006, 13:46
ok everyone..

the weather is looking "ok"

according to TVNZ which is way more accurate that the shitty Metservice..

**Mostly cloudy. Few northern showers. Fresh northeast **

So as we are kinda south of the Bombays, we should be fine as the showers are in the "north"

Hows that for a Jaffa perspective.

Hamilton has no showers forcast that according to The Keystone, Puke's weather is closer to that..

So... see ya all tomorrow :)

I live about 5mins from the track so if anyone wants me to text them and let you know if its raining or not at around 8am just pm me your mobile number. :niceone:

R6_kid
2nd June 2006, 19:25
TS if it aint raining I will be there and the SV is yours (not all day mind you) if you want a ride....same rules apply as Mr Poos though...NO CONCRETE WALLS. Its a damn long walk home for my little legs :nya:

i will be there tomorrow... should i bring my leathers just in case? :blip: :blip: :blip:

Keystone19
2nd June 2006, 21:51
Well you lot, it's shaping up to be a good day. The weather is slowing down as I had hoped and I reckon we'll get a full day without rain.

Roll on tomorrow.....!

boomer
2nd June 2006, 21:53
Bring the 'L' Plate Jill, you'll need it afterwards :blip:

Keystone19
2nd June 2006, 22:00
Bring the 'L' Plate Jill, you'll need it afterwards :blip:

Jeez, you're just asking for me to give you the learn AGAIN, aren't you...

Hmm, funny how you ride a CBR600 with about 110hp and I ride an SV with about 73HP and I can still give you the learn...:rofl:

Switch
2nd June 2006, 22:13
W00, looking forward to it. See ya'll there tomorrow :doobey: :rockon:

TerminalAddict
2nd June 2006, 22:14
W00, looking forward to it. See ya'll there tomorrow :doobey: :rockon:
we drool from the side lines ;)

Toast
2nd June 2006, 23:24
Jeez, you're just asking for me to give you the learn AGAIN, aren't you...

Hmm, funny how you ride a CBR600 with about 110hp and I ride an SV with about 73HP and I can still give you the learn...:rofl:

pffft, excuses, don't let her psych you out Boomer.

You're just lucky that the Herne Bay hardcore (that's me ;) ) is piking now due to financial circumstances, sparing you a massive learn...yup, mmm hmmm :)

skidMark
3rd June 2006, 00:11
i will be there got $9.85 for petrol so will hopefully have enough gas.

after my bin today i'm gunna take it easy

for those who don't know a cager did a u turn infront of me i smacked into them side on (not speeding ) laid the bike down and landed on my feet.... i figure i must be part cat to have managed that...

women stopped opened her car door not even getting out sorta looking down the side of her car for damage while still in the drivers seat. asked if i was ok i sort of gave a half in shock nod.... she closed her door again and drove off... i was in such shock i didn't get her rego or think properly to follow her and get it....due to the shock

this is life i guess and shit happens...

cracks windscreen slightest bend in the forks one slightly bendt handlebar....cracked mudguard a couple of small cracks in the fairings.... and worst of all a bruised ego.....i crashed outside a private girls school bus stop maybe 50-60 girls there and all they could do was laugh rather than help me after ive just crashed my bike if these are the kind of people who are being brought up now it sucks because they laugh rather than helping others.

just plain bloodey inconsiderate...

but the bike is still rideable (THERE MUST BE A GOD) LOL

(rant over)
and i finally got some boots so will show up in those and my thursday night ride famous one piece leathers....

will not be racing though

hmmm maybei do need a child sponser ? LOL

skidMark
3rd June 2006, 16:55
was a good day out awesome to watch everyone going for it and admittedly i also loved watching the drift cars

Switch
3rd June 2006, 17:41
Yeah twas a good day, i enjoyd the whole thing :first: one day i will be as cool as you lot :nya:

boomer
3rd June 2006, 17:49
What a great day! Woke up to find it had been raining but the skies were blue and they stayed that way all day!

Turned up at 10 to find a track full of bikes and managed to get 4 sessions in, leaving before the last session due to a minor lack of concentration on the Jennian Homes Sweeper which saw me in the sand pit with the bike ontop of me :shutup: hahahhaha THANK YOU all that came to check i was ok and make sure everything was in tact.. Top marks to all of you :first:

I hope a certain person is ok.. best wishs go out to you mate; Take it easy over the next couple of days!

Cheers to Fishslayer for timing a few of my laps and to MotoBob for having the patience to ride slow and show me the lines and brake points for a lap :first:

Good to see all your ugly mugs again and im pretty stoked to see Big Daves Pics, looking forward to seeing the other pics too!!

Gettin faster :doobey: :drinkup: And poo's... 2 seconds a lap aint gonna see you lapping me ya bugga :nya:

boomer
3rd June 2006, 18:23
conversation of the day!!

Keystone.. "so where do you live NinjaBoy?"
MotoBob... "gurgling noises.. choking.. laughing... Howick?"
NinjaBoy..."Howick!"

NinjaBoy looks at MotoBob.. Motobobs still laughing and i've nearly choked on my 'V'... top marks MotoBob :eek:

Keystone19
3rd June 2006, 22:28
What a great day! The weather was fantastic unlike the dire predictions earlier in the week!

Great turn out - brilliant to see some guys out there today who were getting on the track for the first time.

Big ups to Cherie (Maddduck) for finally getting out of the office/pit and onto the track again. You rock!

It was great to get the SV track bike out onto Pukekohe for the first time. Also first time back on Pukekohe since I binned on the hairpin a couple of months ago so a few demons to abolish!

Major difficulty for me was the exhaust weld breaking and the exhaust coming loose and rubbing against the tyre in the first session. Got this sorted out with some kiwi ingenuity and some putty stuff. Thanks Motobob, Cowpoos and the bloke from Whangarei who had a whole bucket of bolts and stuff sitting in his truck so he could fix his drifter but ended up helping fix an SV...!

Had some great fun riding with Chickenfunkstar, Mental-Trousers and a guy on a brand spanking new Aprilia Tuono (he offered me a ride and then spotted my slightly well-loved leathers and decided perhaps next time...:doobey: ).

Cibby Chick was looking sweet on her new race bike and was definitely picking up the pace by the last session. On the subject of the last session - how come there were only about 5 of us left by then!!! 20 minute sessions a bit much for you blokes huh!

See you all next time!

chickenfunkstar
4th June 2006, 11:07
Wow, what a day, glad I came now. Was really looking foward to trying my new leathers and new rear shock anyway.

Gave quite a few of the bigger bikes a bit of a hurry up through the turns, but kept getting smoked like a salmon down the back straight, had to be a wee bit inventive with some of my overtaking, usually involved going around the outside on either the first or last turn. Managed to get the first turn pretty sussed particularly towards the end of the day when I wasn't braking at all. Never scraped anything there though, so I've still got some room to improve.

Had a really good time on the third session just after Boomer overtook me. I think he was really keen to put some distance between us whilst I was determined to keep with him. He was inching away untill he decided to do a bit of offroading. Had a bit of a laugh about it all with him afterwards. Glad to see there was no damage mate. Shortly after that Keystone19 snuck past me on the back straight, had loads of fun keeping up with her and working our way through the traffic. Pulled up beside her a couple of times under braking just to be a bit cheeky and let her know I was still there. Her SV still had the pace on me on the back straight, would have thought a carbed SV with an exhaust and a standard injected SV would be about the same. Probably to do with the weight difference between us. Having said that Keystone was getting a really good exit from the last corner before the straight, I couldn't really match it.

The new leathers with the knee sliders were really great and the ZX10 shock really helped with the bumps through the corners. Wasn't getting thrown wide like I was with the standard shock. Really good cheap investment for an SV. Was a wee bit concerned trying to go fast on my Z6 sports touring tires but they were right as rain. Never gave me any worries at all.

Nice riding with you all, can't wait to do it again.

R6_kid
4th June 2006, 11:50
was good day, have some nice photos and probably some good video footage too - I'll put it all up tomorrow,

Cheers to chickenfuckstar for the lift down and also to cibby for lunch and letting me have a little blat on her new CBR400 :rockon:

boomer
4th June 2006, 14:07
Had a really good time on the third session just after Boomer overtook me. I think he was really keen to put some distance between us whilst I was determined to keep with him. He was inching away untill he decided to do a bit of offroading. Had a bit of a laugh about it all with him afterwards. Glad to see there was no damage mate.

Your looking good out there mate! I'd sat on your rear since the hairpin so when i eventually passed I realised you were not gonna take it lying down! So i thought it rude to button off... A quick glimpse of the speedo and thats enough to throw my concentration.... :bye:

always a blast mate !!

MadDuck
4th June 2006, 22:07
Keystone if you hadnt prompted me to go along I would have missed an awesome day. Im still buzzing...and will do for a long time. Caught up with a KBer that taught me to SCUBA dive 10 years ago (yes thats ten folks).

First session for me I was damn terrified not about going on the track but more getting in the way of the quicker guys. The idea of it being a quiet day must have got around.

Thanks to Enigma for talking me through the fact that the faster guys will just ride around you and dont worry! Shite when they go past I am not sure what the G forces are but hell I got one big tow...Ninjaboy talked me through each corner and which line to take. Pity I ignored that information completely.

Second session and the Boomer overtook me (well hell everyone else did too) then backfire or summit and Im heading up his arse (that is not a good look for any one).....lucky i can take evasive action.

Third session was feeling kinda drained. The second session was the real icing on the cake. Sparky and daughter thanks for getting my times (NO I WONT DISCLOSE THOSE ON HERE!) and some cool pics.

Best thing about the whole day is I can say I damn well rode pukekohe.....!

Sparky
4th June 2006, 22:37
Sparky and daughter thanks for getting my times (NO I WONT DISCLOSE THOSE ON HERE!) and some cool pics.

Best thing about the whole day is I can say I damn well rode pukekohe.....!

Hey it was cool seeing you out there having fun. Nice to see you having a go and not trying to prove anything to anyone (only yourself maybe). I would gloat about my lap times if I was you, how many people can say they improved THAT much time in one session??!!
Hey well done and good to see you again, here is a piccy for ya.

Check out my webshots here for more pics of the day

http://community.webshots.com/album/551014067ROunAs

boomer
4th June 2006, 23:56
Nice work Mad Duck.. good to see you on the track and i could tell by your rosy red face your were having one hell of a BUZZ!!!! :first:

Did flames come out of teh exhaust too.. i had the obligatory curry the night before :sick:

MadDuck
5th June 2006, 00:15
Umm yes I done got red faced thanks to your exhaust ...its ok there was oxygen waiting at the end

Scenario..blitz the slow chick than blow up in front of her

I had a damn ball ..thanks guys

motobob
5th June 2006, 11:20
Did flames come out of teh exhaust too.. i had the obligatory curry the night before :sick:

So is that how you blew yourself off Jennian. You need to time it better to jet out of Castrol.:nya:

Titanium
5th June 2006, 11:53
What a great day! The weather was fantastic unlike the dire predictions earlier in the week!

Great turn out - brilliant to see some guys out there today who were getting on the track for the first time.

Big ups to Cherie (Maddduck) for finally getting out of the office/pit and onto the track again. You rock!

It was great to get the SV track bike out onto Pukekohe for the first time. Also first time back on Pukekohe since I binned on the hairpin a couple of months ago so a few demons to abolish!

Major difficulty for me was the exhaust weld breaking and the exhaust coming loose and rubbing against the tyre in the first session. Got this sorted out with some kiwi ingenuity and some putty stuff. Thanks Motobob, Cowpoos and the bloke from Whangarei who had a whole bucket of bolts and stuff sitting in his truck so he could fix his drifter but ended up helping fix an SV...!

Had some great fun riding with Chickenfunkstar, Mental-Trousers and a guy on a brand spanking new Aprilia Tuono (he offered me a ride and then spotted my slightly well-loved leathers and decided perhaps next time...:doobey: ).

Cibby Chick was looking sweet on her new race bike and was definitely picking up the pace by the last session. On the subject of the last session - how come there were only about 5 of us left by then!!! 20 minute sessions a bit much for you blokes huh!

See you all next time!

Cause some riders started getting stoopid ..... and aiming for spaces that were going to clearly be filled by other bikes..........

I was given a top tip....... drop the last session cause all the testosterone built up was gonna come to a head......

had some good duels with the FZR 1000 and GSXR 750 with the fairings taken off, even cool having a go with MT

The rider who "whipped" up the inside at the end of the front straight and managed a touch on the way through... needs a courtesy learn. Onya mate.:nono:

See ya next time....

Peter

ZeroIndex
5th June 2006, 12:18
Man.. that was the first time that I've been to the Pukekohe Park Raceway, and I really enjoyed it.. got to help boomer pick his bike up and push it off the sand.. felt like one of those pit-type guys on MotoGP that help get the bike started again :D

Yeah, really enjoyed it, and will try make it to any track/open days in the future.. and as soon as I get a bike that has 'a bit' of power, I'll be handing over money so I can go on the track too..

R6_kid
5th June 2006, 16:04
pics set one

Toast
5th June 2006, 16:10
Who's the guy on the Alstare with the yellow and black leathers? Was havin fun with him at the Taupo track day, never got around to asking him his name.

R6_kid
5th June 2006, 16:12
pics set two

R6_kid
5th June 2006, 16:13
one is Enigma51, the other one im not sure... so i'd take a guess that it's enigma you were duelling with because the other guy isnt KB i dont think.

boomer
5th June 2006, 16:25
Logan/Enigma didn't do Taupo and his leathers are grey look see here; (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34095&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1149480268) and look anything but new.. a slight road rash color maybe :blip:

ps..nice pics Gareth mate, wheres the vids and others :D

Toast
5th June 2006, 16:30
Logan/Enigma didn't do Taupo and his leathers are grey look see here; (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34095&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1149480268) and look anything but new.. a slight road rash color maybe :blip:

Hmm, ok then, so he remains a mystery man. Pity, he was a good sport.

R6_kid
5th June 2006, 16:39
vids came out crap. The camera is a 3 megapixel digital camera so it doesnt have the best frame rate for vids. Got side on shots of the faster bikes going past on the straight. Each bike only appears in one frame over a distance of about 20m. And the video i got on the corner i took those pics from was at the start of the session when you were all still warming up yer tyres.

Will have to wait for cibby to put up the stuff from her camera, i'd expect them to be better quality.

boomer
5th June 2006, 16:54
one is Enigma51, the other one im not sure... so i'd take a guess that it's enigma you were duelling with because the other guy isnt KB i dont think.

Rossi Gal has the alstare too but she had race fairings on so definately wasn't her :nya:

Keystone19
5th June 2006, 17:37
Cause some riders started getting stoopid ..... and aiming for spaces that were going to clearly be filled by other bikes..........

The rider who "whipped" up the inside at the end of the front straight and managed a touch on the way through... needs a courtesy learn. Onya mate.:nono:

Yep, I know who you mean. Not quite sure why he was so excited!

It's good advice to avoid the last session - that's often the one when the accidents happen. As it turned out, it was a pretty quiet and fairly short session so rounded out the day nicely.

Great photos Gareth!

chickenfunkstar
5th June 2006, 18:03
Who's the guy on the Alstare with the yellow and black leathers? Was havin fun with him at the Taupo track day, never got around to asking him his name.

I was chatting to him towards the end of the day. He said he is on KB but is quite new. Didn't catch his name though either.

NinjaBoy
5th June 2006, 18:17
I was chatting to him towards the end of the day. He said he is on KB but is quite new. Didn't catch his name though either.

His name is Tim but I didn't get his KB handle. Good sport... we were going to compare notes on Jennians but my day ended a little early:bye:

NinjaBoy
5th June 2006, 18:19
..Ninjaboy talked me through each corner and which line to take. Pity I ignored that information completely.

Good to see you were listening at least.

NinjaBoy
5th June 2006, 18:21
Check out my webshots here for more pics of the day

http://community.webshots.com/album/551014067ROunAs

Good to see lots of shots of my bike in the pits. Didya get any of me actually on the bike ? :innocent:

motobob
5th June 2006, 21:44
Hey Boomer you look like your going faster than that farmer on his 750 Gixxer :first:

Cool shots Gareth you make look like I know what I'm doing NOT. :blip: Cheers.

boomer
5th June 2006, 22:29
Hey Boomer you look like your going faster than that farmer on his 750 Gixxer :first:

Cool shots Gareth you make look like I know what I'm doing NOT. :blip: Cheers.

You were putting a good pace down Mate!!!! I was dillusional thinking i could keep you in my sights, i now know next time we're on the road and you fly past me that it's time to let you go.

I saw you on a few places round teh track and you looked mighty impressive powerintg up the hill on the right hander onto the front straight, knee down and flying :yeah:

One day i'll keep up ... one day :pinch:

*edit, i've just realised your buttering me up for that killer blow... *Cough Ohlins Shock * Cough

motobob
5th June 2006, 22:44
*edit, i've just realised your buttering me up for that killer blow... *Cough Ohlins Shock * Cough

Ha Ha so you see thru my plan. When I first went out there about 8 months ago that Murray on the Blue R6 lapped me before I did 3 laps. Noticed he was doing slower times than I would have been. So it's just about clocking up track time and using an Ohlins of course :wait:

Sparky
5th June 2006, 22:47
Good to see lots of shots of my bike in the pits. Didya get any of me actually on the bike ? :innocent:

Nah sorry mate you're tooo fast for my little camera:yes:
Those last shots in the pits weren't realy the type I like to take, hope you got home OK and you get it fixed soon.

boomer
5th June 2006, 23:05
Ha Ha so you see thru my plan. When I first went out there about 8 months ago that Murray on the Blue R6 lapped me before I did 3 laps. Noticed he was doing slower times than I would have been. So it's just about clocking up track time and using an Ohlins of course :wait:

of course :whistle:

skelstar
6th June 2006, 08:54
You guys looked like you had a good day. Pity I didnt get there, but I would have frozen on the way home I think.

Tim_F
6th June 2006, 10:40
Hi Toast (or is that Toastie). Sorry for the delay. Was not trying to appear mysterious. I tend to check out KB at work (free broadband n all). That was me on the Alstare 600 with the yellow and black leathers at Taupo and at Puke this weekend. What were you riding at Taupo? Great to see some photos of Puke too by the way. Is there anyone so vain as a motorcyclist after a track day looking through photos of the event? I don't think so! Tim. Also, apologies for the extremely boring KB name.

ZeroIndex
6th June 2006, 11:02
....Is there anyone so vain as a motorcyclist after a track day looking through photos of the event?
..ME!!! I'm in 4 of the pictures.. 2 around the pits, and 2 on one of the corners standing, watching.. haha, i was in the bright yellow/black cordura..

Toast
6th June 2006, 12:33
Hi Toast (or is that Toastie). Sorry for the delay. Was not trying to appear mysterious. I tend to check out KB at work (free broadband n all). That was me on the Alstare 600 with the yellow and black leathers at Taupo and at Puke this weekend. What were you riding at Taupo? Great to see some photos of Puke too by the way. Is there anyone so vain as a motorcyclist after a track day looking through photos of the event? I don't think so! Tim. Also, apologies for the extremely boring KB name.

Hey Tim.

I was riding the 929 'Blade at Taupo, misleading you with my shit lines through every corner on the track...haha. I've gotten more used to the bike now though, so can deal with getting used to the Taupo track next time.

I was hoping to go to this Puke day, but finances wouldn't allow, so went to Coromandel instead. Might catch you out there some other time :)

Tim_F
6th June 2006, 13:12
Hey Tim.

I was riding the 929 'Blade at Taupo, misleading you with my shit lines through every corner on the track...haha. I've gotten more used to the bike now though, so can deal with getting used to the Taupo track next time.

I was hoping to go to this Puke day, but finances wouldn't allow, so went to Coromandel instead. Might catch you out there some other time :)
It does take a while to adjust to a new bike. I've had the GSXR-600 since it was new at the end of '03 so I have an unfair advantage. There was a 929 at Puke on Saturday going well. I had to cheat in the end and go past him when he slowed for traffic 'coz it wasn't going to be a happening thing otherwise. That Puke back straight is just so damned long! But I wouldn't swap it for all the tea in China. And chasing him was definitely the most fun I had that day. Looking forward to catching up with you again soon. Tim.

Toast
6th June 2006, 13:15
It does take a while to adjust to a new bike. I've had the GSXR-600 since it was new at the end of '03 so I have an unfair advantage. There was a 929 at Puke on Saturday going well. I had to cheat in the end and go past him when he slowed for traffic 'coz it wasn't going to be a happening thing otherwise. That Puke back straight is just so damned long! But I wouldn't swap it for all the tea in China. And chasing him was definitely the most fun I had that day. Looking forward to catching up with you again soon. Tim.

Yeah, I remember being on my 600 there and getting stuck behind all of these buggers on bigger bikes, quite frustraiting when they just cream you on the straight.

Back straight is fun when you get a good exit. That's what it's all about.

Yep, catch ya when I do :niceone:

blueblade
6th June 2006, 14:31
Hi Tim F. The guy on the 929 Blade is my mate. His bike has had serious work done to it. He couldnt believe that you were keeping up with him on a 600. Was very impressed with your late braking on the back straight. He was very nearly taken out by the fast guy on the K5 GSXR 1000 trying to stuff it up the inside going into the lefthander headed towards the mountain. Did some 150k plus offroading but somehow managed to stay upright and get back to the pits very shaken up!! That was enough for him for the day.
I was on the Tuono. Still getting to grips with the bike (only done 2500k's) but had a great day. Need to look into a slightly taller screen for that back straight. At 255k's it felt like my head was being ripped off my shoulders. Bit better when I tipped my head right forward, but trouble was, then I couldnt see !!!!
Last session was a bit weird with bikes going off left and right and some even via pit lane. Ended up with almost empty track and enjoyed working on lines unimpeded. Finally found a fast way round Castrol but still struggling with Jennian. Look forward to working on that next time. All in all top day. See you next time.:scooter:

Tim_F
6th June 2006, 15:58
Hi Blueblade! Yes, it was definitely a brilliant day. Trying to get the better of your mate on his 929 was a great challenge. I'm sure I wouldn't have gone as fast if he wasn't there. I also was surprised a couple of times by fast guys coming by on the inside, but fortunately no off-track excursions resulted. That Tuono of yours has definitely got some legs. Certainly faster than the odd SV-thou I've ridden with. A bit more of a screen will be just what the doctor ordered.
I seem to remember hearing that the fast guys don't even brake for Jennian - they just change down and persevere. I'm beginning to see how it might be possible on a 600 but I'm not sure I'd want to try that on anything much faster. Catch you later. Tim.

boomer
6th June 2006, 16:39
I seem to remember hearing that the fast guys don't even brake for Jennian - they just change down and persevere

It's very scary and requires lots of concentration.. not doing what i did.
here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=635779&postcount=8) Plus there pics on that link you may not have seen :blip:

Two Smoker
6th June 2006, 16:58
I seem to remember hearing that the fast guys don't even brake for Jennian - they just change down and persevere. I'm beginning to see how it might be possible on a 600 but I'm not sure I'd want to try that on anything much faster. Catch you later. Tim.

No brakes for turn one... And sometimes just leave it in 5th gear with a slight button off, but back on the power to keep the bike stable through the corner... Full throttle from turn 5 (hairpin) to turn 1 with a light button off (to about 3/4 throttle, not even that much) at turn turn 8 (the hill)

Shaun
6th June 2006, 17:11
No brakes for turn one... And sometimes just leave it in 5th gear with a slight button off, but back on the power to keep the bike stable through the corner... Full throttle from turn 5 (hairpin) to turn 1 with a light button off (to about 3/4 throttle, not even that much) at turn turn 8 (the hill)

Dude, if you can go through turn one without using your front breaks, you will get the number one plate. Seriously though, it is impossible to not use your breaks for turn one if you carry the correct corner speed into and over the mountain

Two Smoker
6th June 2006, 17:13
Dude, if you can go through turn one without using your front breaks, you will get the number one plate. Seriously though, it is impossible to not use your breaks for turn one if you carry the correct corner speed into and over the mountain

I need to correct myself.... Thats what i would LIKE to do... Not what i can do...

Keystone19
6th June 2006, 17:24
I was on the Tuono. Still getting to grips with the bike (only done 2500k's) but had a great day. Need to look into a slightly taller screen for that back straight. At 255k's it felt like my head was being ripped off my shoulders. Bit better when I tipped my head right forward, but trouble was, then I couldnt see !!!!
scooter:

Ahh, so that was you I was dicing with Blueblade! That first session was a heap of fun trying to get a line past you in the corners but to no avail because you'd leave me behind as soon as we hit a straight bit! Didn't really see you after the first session except for the one time you went past me so I guess you upped the pace a bit!

Hmm, that Tuono is sexy, definitely on my list of bikes to try...

Shaun
6th June 2006, 17:26
I need to correct myself.... Thats what i would LIKE to do... Not what i can do...

Now you are talking:first:

dss3
6th June 2006, 17:26

Guessing that would be dependent on what bike you are on there too eh.

Fucked if I can go anywhere near full throttle through all those corners... much to learn.

motobob
6th June 2006, 20:16

Jeezus Shaun what fricking speed are you carrying over the mountain. :gob: Stroudy and the Smith kid sure fly round Jennian for guys that have braked into that turn. I noticed at the nats (while being lapped on that turn) that the next tier of riders down were no where as fast as the 1st five.

motobob
6th June 2006, 20:41
[QUOTE=blueblade] He was very nearly taken out by the fast guy on the K5 GSXR 1000 trying to stuff it up the inside going into the lefthander headed towards the mountain. Did some 150k plus offroading but somehow managed to stay upright and get back to the pits very shaken up!! That was enough for him for the day.
QUOTE]

Saw that your mate did a good job getting it back together. Didn't see how he got back on the track as I was about to give the K5 the learn on how to overtake properly. Still trying to go under or around people on that corner is bloody tricky. Once lined up a guy to go under and once I was committed he then peeled into the turn too early. Sure put the shits up me but he got the bigger fright. Rule is if you aren't the fastest out there then leave a little bit of room and stick to your line. Cos some guys have no manners at all and they like to add your paint to their fairings.

Glad you enjoyed the day. Frickin nice bike that Tuono.

Titanium
6th June 2006, 20:46
Yep, I know who you mean. Not quite sure why he was so excited!

It's good advice to avoid the last session - that's often the one when the accidents happen. As it turned out, it was a pretty quiet and fairly short session so rounded out the day nicely.

Great photos Gareth!

Guess for all you yungins......

Remember >>>> outside = passing side and inside = suicide.

If you are behind it is up to YOU to make a safe passing manouver.

Che Che.

boomer
6th June 2006, 21:53

Che Che.

it's a tad different on the track; I agree whole heartedly that the ownus is on the person passing to do it safe, inside or out.

What suprised me was a couple of racers making the passing moves, desperate to pass, cutting straight into the line of the bike in front. That i found rude and dangerous...passing on the insides all good as long as the bike infront aint using that line.

It was a race track but the level of experience for some can't deal with having to pick the bike up and choose another line once committed because someones darted into 'there' gap. Theres also the realisation that its an open day of different speeds and experience... the fast boys buzzing and cutting people up wasn't called for and probably gave a few people a bad experience.

Still... i had fun and i'm sure my red mist pissed someone off somewhere!
:innocent:

justsomeguy
6th June 2006, 21:57
it's a tad different on the track; I agree whole heartedly that the ownus is on the person passing to do it safe, inside or out.

Usually it is "recommended" that passing on the inside be left to actual organised race meets.

"If you're that good, pass them on the outside." were the words of an experienced racer/rider from Taupo.

Titanium
6th June 2006, 22:00

What suprised me was a couple of racers making the passing moves, desperate to pass, cutting straight into the line of the bike in front. That i found rude and dangerous...passing on the insides all good as long as the bike infront aint using that line.

It was a race track but the level of experience for some can't deal with having to pick the bike up and choose another line once committed because someones darted into 'there' gap. Theres also the realisation that its an open day of different speeds and experience... the fast boys buzzing and cutting people up wasn't called for and probably gave a few people a bad experience.

Still... i had fun and i'm sure my red mist pissed someone off somewhere!
:innocent:

Might have been a track but it was not a race........

"It is a tad different in a race ..... alternative start to the above post

Cheers

Peter

boomer
6th June 2006, 22:02
Usually it is "recommended" that passing on the inside be left to actual organised race meets.

"If you're that good, pass them on the outside." were the words of an experienced racer/rider from Taupo.

Hey i'm all up for safety, but there are scenarios where you will undertake.. Take coming up the hill for example.. Teh guy/gal infront of you goes up the middle of the track coming up the hill and ends up going outside on the front straight; The opportunity there is to undertake by allowing there momentum to take them wide while you cut up inside.

Diving into a corner on the inside of someone is a totally different ball game. (Incidently, thats why i apologised to SpeedMedic at Taupo..)

Still.. 'cos i haven't shit stirred for a while with you JSG, i'll have a dig

You're not exactly a symbol of safe riding now are ya :bye:

justsomeguy
6th June 2006, 22:16
Still.. 'cos i haven't shit stirred for a while with you JSG, i'll have a dig

You're not exactly a symbol of safe riding now are ya :bye:

Hahaha,

Do as I say, don't do as I do.:innocent:

Have a good night fella - I'm off :yawn:

justsomeguy
6th June 2006, 22:19
Hey i'm all up for safety, but there are scenarios where you will undertake.. Take coming up the hill for example.. Teh guy/gal infront of you goes up the middle of the track coming up the hill and ends up going outside on the front straight; The opportunity there is to undertake by allowing there momentum to take them wide while you cut up inside.

Hmm......

I'm too tired and even more ignorant to start a debate on the differences between passing on the inside, out-braking, blocking and pure dangerous passing/riding.

motobob
6th June 2006, 22:52

Who ever said that hasn't ridden at Taupo. Unless your passing a pushbike. Its a long way round on the outside at Taupo.

To overtake on the outside of the left turn after the hairpin at Puke is dangerous. And that is because inexperienced riders tend to use as much of that part of the track as the inside. As before leave some room and all will be well. Remember it is a test day for racers at Puke. I like to give others room but I am not going to wait for a more powerful bike to go slow in the turns and then outpower you down the straights lap after lap. I will also assess the skill level of the rider in front. The faster they are the more aggressive will be the overtaking move. likewise I expect faster riders to aggressively pass me.

The hardest problem is knowing where a "slower rider" will place their bike. For example at the kink on the straight there could be a 100kmh difference in speed, the faster rider picks his line only for the slower rider to change direction and place their bike in the path of the faster bike. Bit hard to manuover at that speed. Slower riders need to be aware on a test day that speed differentials can be huge. Likewise faster riders should be more cautious.

Its hard to know where your bike should be. You only have to ask the faster riders what lines you should take and you'll not only learn a better way round the circuit but be faster and a be more satisfied and confident at the end of the day.

I believe most people attend these days to increase their bike handling skills and gain confidence in themselves and their bike. But you have to be aware you are not at a track day with sessions dedicated to your level of skill.

Titanium
6th June 2006, 23:07
Remember it is a test day for racers at Puke.

Ummmm .... dissagree ..... was an "Open Day" Non racers out numbered racers...... Just my opinion though.

I believe most people attend these days to increase their bike handling skills and gain confidence in themselves and their bike. Agree with that ....

But you have to be aware you are not at a track day with sessions dedicated to your level of skill. ...... and vice versa for the "racers"

Cheers

ZeroIndex
6th June 2006, 23:12
here's a question.. i know some of the quick guys (like the skinny guy on the r6) did a 1.05 (or something) around puke.. what about the slow people? yeah, i know this sounds really stupid, but would it be a complete waste of time taking my gf170 on puke, taking into account, most of the corners can be taken at..... my max bike speed?

oldguy
6th June 2006, 23:19

Che Che.Only did the one session but, had a blast,would stay wide at the hairpin when there were fast guys and gals around, let them go through didn't want to get in anyones way, not sure if that was the right place to be, would scare the shit out of me if someone came up the inside if I were hard over in the turn would be the last thing I would expect, I know I would do something silly and try and stand the bike up or sumthin, it can be hard trying to be quick yourself and try and stay out of the faster riders way.:doh:

skidMark
6th June 2006, 23:31
Hmm......

I'm too tired and even more ignorant to start a debate on the differences between passing on the inside, out-braking, blocking and pure dangerous passing/riding.

and not to mention the worst person i know of to give advice on any of the above stated... :gob:

boomer
7th June 2006, 00:17
Only did the one session but, had a blast,would stay wide at the hairpin when there were fast guys and gals around, let them go through didn't want to get in anyones way, not sure if that was the right place to be, would scare the shit out of me if someone came up the inside if I were hard over in the turn would be the last thing I would expect, I know I would do something silly and try and stand the bike up or sumthin, it can be hard trying to be quick yourself and try and stay out of the faster riders way.:doh:

Oldguy - The best thing to do is enjoy YOUR track day and take the lines YOU want whilst not being irratic. Let the others assess your lines and go around you. Focus and worry on ya self :blip:

Zeroindex - take ya bike there mate; ya pay ya money and you have ya fun; I don't see why not. It's all about havin fun and gaining some confidence & skills.

ps.. motorBob, your right...on teh back straight people giving it death out wide on the left only to come back in on the kink had me worried a few times; i was constantly thinking, like im sure everyone else was, where they going next and where am i going

motobob
7th June 2006, 07:57
Well K12 we could go on for hours. Counties Racing web site says "Controlled Testing". We are lucky that Street bikes are allowed. Motorcycles do not have seperate sessions as do the race cars and road cars.

I'm not saying that "racebikes" have a right to ride as they please. I'm saying that the event is for racebikes to test outside of race events. Both parties need to consider each other to avoid accidents.

From my perch There was only one racebike going quick thru traffic. The rest were registered road bikes.

I certainly provide room for slower riders however others sense of timing is different. But thats cos I'm 50 and too scared to hurt myself. :innocent:

PS I'll try to use my horn to warn people I'm coming next time. But its bloody hard to remember to use it out there. :blip:

blueblade
7th June 2006, 10:12
. Rule is if you aren't the fastest out there then leave a little bit of room and stick to your line. Cos some guys have no manners at all and they like to add your paint to their fairings.

Thanks for the advice Motobob. Will definitely bear that in mind next time out. Trouble is, even though we are going nowhere near as fast as the fast guys, we still want to take what we think is the racing line and clip the apex. If a fast guy is coming up from behind sight unseen and is determined to clip that same apex........ well all I can say is my mate has a bit of someone elses paint on his fairing now. He had no way of knowing that guy was there until contact was made.
Having said that, its not tiddly winks and we all know the potential dangers when we head out onto a racetrack. Wont stop us from going back tho.

Two Smoker
7th June 2006, 10:32
I agree with Motobob... Im going to pass you on the outside or the inside, and its going to be my decision at that second on the track day which im going to do, which is safer, and which has the most room... Im not out there to ruin peoples days, but im also not out there to muck around... The best place to pass on the hairpin is up the inside, usually because i will be carrying a higher speed, and braking later, thus hitting the corner, and taking the corner before the passed has even started turning in...

There is more than one way to take a corner when passing, and you dont "have" to hit the same apex that the one being passed is going to take...

All you do is hold you line, dont be erratic and have fun... You dont have to leave room, if there is no room, im not going to pass there...

Cleve
7th June 2006, 13:29
I guess we have the racers point of view and the riders point of view and it may be like Israel and Palestine with no 2 sides actually agreeing.
I was on a race bike and going fast on Saturday and also being very aware of slower riders/bikes and doing my best to get past quickly and safely and not to muck them up. If someone felt I did then my apologies as it certainly wasn't my intention. (I have NO paint of my fairing so not sure who that one was...) The last thing I want to do is crash and get hurt as well.
You had to pick the timing and the placement to overtake in safety. At times that was really hard, especially when on a number of times bikes were riding 3 -4 abreast around a corner or down a straight!! It may not have "felt" safe for some (I remember the first time a fast bike went past me at the race track, it scared the shit out of me...) but I never did a dangerous overtaking maneuver. Once again if someone feels I did to them then my apologies.
A lot of the road riders were pushing it ( I think only road bikes crashed and no race bikes so I guess that also indicates who were at times trying above their level...)
It was a tricky day with a lot of riders out with a mix of skills and bike speeds. There really should have been 2 bike sessions (like the cars did) race/fast and road.

blueblade
7th June 2006, 13:50
While we are talking about Saturday can I just ask, is it normal for the tow truck to come out onto the track in the middle of a session to recover a broken down car from the previous session.
I was coming into Jennian at what was a pretty quick speed for me and was a bit surprised to find a tow truck in front of me half way round the corner with no prior warning. There was also I think a track vehicle with flashing lights with the truck but it certainly struck me as a bit odd????

FROSTY
7th June 2006, 13:58
My opinion on passing on a track day is simple--I dont give a flying fuck if you are Andrew Stroud or a newbee rider with 10 minutes of ride time.
The RULE is simple --The onus is on the overtaking rider to do so in a safe manner.
INside/outside upside frigging down I dont give a shit.
Guys are going to be erratic .change lines mid corner etc. in front of you
Personally Im not a great fan on passing on The hairpin at pukie (on a trackday) -Id rather hang back a bit and let the guy/gal in front do their thing.Ive seen way too much carnage there
Ohh and Shaun--fuck mate i must -relatively speaking be going slow as
because I'm not braking into jennian --Just going wide/cutting back in and either tapped in 4th or 7/8 throttle in top. stay inside or outside the bump.
Mind you I guess theres a fair difference in speed between a F3 and a f2 bike

motobob
7th June 2006, 16:31
While we are talking about Saturday can I just ask, is it normal for the tow truck to come out onto the track in the middle of a session to recover a broken down car from the previous session.
I was coming into Jennian at what was a pretty quick speed for me and was a bit surprised to find a tow truck in front of me half way round the corner with no prior warning. There was also I think a track vehicle with flashing lights with the truck but it certainly struck me as a bit odd????

Didn't you see one of the helpers holding out his safety vest. :wait: Well they did for Cibby when she took her bike for a walk round Jennian. Unfortunately another vehicle on the circuit is normal. It is usually on the grass out of your way. And they don't stop the session for oil either unless someone crashes. Welcome to Puke

Hi Cleve wondered how long it would take you to respond. I've tried to keep this thread alive till you arrived. :innocent: New bike has arrived today won't be able to ride it till me bodywork arrives.

Frosty so why give us the crap about not passing people at your track days aye. You should be banned from Puke when roadies are there.

loosebruce
7th June 2006, 16:44
My take on things is i'll get round people anyway i can, and if by some freak of timing it looks like there could be a bit of bike biffo i turst enough in my ability to avoid the situation. At the end of the day it's only one corner they're going to hold me back so why not just wait and get past on the next corner!
The thing that gives me the shits about Puke in general is the speed differnce on the back straight of say me full tit on the 1000 at 300kph someone on there 250 full tit at 180kph (or slower), i tell you a superbike in full flight is fucken hard to change direction at that speed, sometimes you get 2/3 bikes abreast down the straights all of them weaving around trying to pass bikes of different speeds, but again wait for a gap and you can pass, but i've some heavy braking times in the middle of the straight trying to avoid some people before, and plus watching 5 abreast into the hairpin is quite crazy.

justsomeguy
7th June 2006, 17:50
Who ever said that hasn't ridden at Taupo. Unless your passing a pushbike. Its a long way round on the outside at Taupo.

Hi Motobob,

It was Chris Mitchell the organiser of the Track day who said that.

I agree with your comments it is a testing day for some racers.

The thing I find the most frightening is the double sided pass.....:bye:

justsomeguy
7th June 2006, 17:51
and not to mention the worst person i know of to give advice on any of the above stated... :gob:

Where's the advice?? I must have missed it.:shutup:

justsomeguy
7th June 2006, 17:58
My take on things is i'll get round people anyway i can, and if by some freak of timing it looks like there could be a bit of bike biffo i turst enough in my ability to avoid the situation. At the end of the day it's only one corner they're going to hold me back so why not just wait and get past on the next corner!
The thing that gives me the shits about Puke in general is the speed differnce on the back straight of say me full tit on the 1000 at 300kph someone on there 250 full tit at 180kph (or slower), i tell you a superbike in full flight is fucken hard to change direction at that speed, sometimes you get 2/3 bikes abreast down the straights all of them weaving around trying to pass bikes of different speeds, but again wait for a gap and you can pass, but i've some heavy braking times in the middle of the straight trying to avoid some people before, and plus watching 5 abreast into the hairpin is quite crazy.

In the end it all depends on the riders. Take time to say hi to each other and have a bit of a chat in the rest periods, then everyone knows everyone's ability and who to look out for.

I remember my first trackday at Puke when I was a newbie with probably a couple of thousand ks slow road riding doing 150kmph on the back straight being passed by Quasi, LooseBruce, TwoSmoker, Frosty and some other fast litre bike non Kb'ers. Never did I feel under any threat and there were no moments.

Puke is a crazy track and pretty boring on a 250. I don't think I'll ever ride there again on my 250.

White trash
9th June 2006, 19:48
being passed by Quasi, LooseBruce, TwoSmoker, Frosty

Was there anybody fast there though?

justsomeguy
9th June 2006, 19:57
Was there anybody fast there though?

Nope, Oh wait.... naa.

I remember lapping you though, you were on Grunta's bike and yer mate Hayden had come up as had Deano- I think he had just bought the Repsol.

White trash
9th June 2006, 20:00
Weren't me riding Gruntas bike, funnily enough, it was Grunta.

justsomeguy
9th June 2006, 20:01
Weren't me riding Gruntas bike, funnily enough, it was Grunta.

Really? Heh

What were you on?

White trash
9th June 2006, 20:03
The ol' KB slut. Bruces TL.

MadDuck
9th June 2006, 22:19
Ok guys time for a "take a moment" for those that were there.

I still had an awesome day. And the photos dont show the grin on my face as I puddled around the track. OK there were a few overtaking passes that put the wind up my sails but as I said to Enigma after the first session nothing I would have thrown my helmet on the ground and said "YOU WANKERS"

In fact it was the faster guys came up and asked if I was having a good time! The tow truck coming into Jennian was kind of a surprise I must admit...but damn I was close enough to see brake lights of the riders ahead..pays to be at the back of the pack sometimes.

PS: JSG Bet your time down the back straight you soft cock :P