PDA

View Full Version : New product from Heinz

zadok
19th May 2006, 10:15
How lazy can you get!?:laugh:
Developed in good old N.Z

Heinz toasts new product

May 19, 2006

FOR those who find baked beans on toast just too messy to put together, help is on the way.
Heinz has devised a frozen baked bean sandwich which simply needs to be heated in a toaster.

Heinz chief Bill Johnson said the company needed to give people "new ways to use beans".

"If people take the time to cook beans and put it on toast, why shouldn't we cut the process for them and give them beans on toast?" he said.

Advertisement:
The technology is being developed by Heinz researchers in New Zealand.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19186035-13762,00.html

LaggCity
19th May 2006, 10:19

Heinz toasts new product

May 19, 2006

FOR those who find baked beans on toast just too messy to put together, help is on the way.
Heinz has devised a frozen baked bean sandwich which simply needs to be heated in a toaster.

Heinz chief Bill Johnson said the company needed to give people "new ways to use beans".

"If people take the time to cook beans and put it on toast, why shouldn't we cut the process for them and give them beans on toast?" he said.

Advertisement:

Sad and Unbefukinleavable:killingme

sparrow_34
19th May 2006, 10:26
What next.

bobsmith
19th May 2006, 10:41
Why the hell would someone want beans on toast anyway? If they want breakfast, they should get out eggs, bacon and sausages and cook something eatable...

Oh hang on, I'm in NZ...

placidfemme
19th May 2006, 10:43

Heinz toasts new product

May 19, 2006

Advertisement:

arrgggg... I hope Sam doesn't find out about this :( Her idea of cooking dinner when its her turn is usually somthing along the lines of baked beans (or spagetti) on toast...

Swoop
19th May 2006, 11:08
Cool!
Just the thing for our backwards baseball-cap wearing youth...

Next thing available will be tins of boiling water, just for their pot-noodles....:mellow:

Heinz means beans, and Beans means fartz!!!

Paul in NZ
19th May 2006, 11:29
Oh man... You mean you have to actually plug in a TOASTER... and turn it on... man... Why can't they just make self toasting ones??

I'm concerned about the amount of work Vicki has to do to feed me...

placidfemme
19th May 2006, 11:30
Oh man... You mean you have to actually plug in a TOASTER... and turn it on... man... Why can't they just make self toasting ones??

I'm concerned about the amount of work Vicki has to do to feed me...

its a huge stress you realise... finding the toaster... pluging it in... turning on the switch... putting the bread in... puching the button down... and waiting for it to pop up...

your a cruel cruel man...

bobsmith
19th May 2006, 11:38
hang on, if the beans are already on it when you start cooking it, wouldn't it end up soggy?

Paul in NZ
19th May 2006, 11:41
hang on, if the beans are already on it when you start cooking it, wouldn't it end up soggy?

I reckon it's just a plot to sell more toasters...

FWIW - Raisin bread kills more toasters than.... than.. erm... people that hate toasters? Anyway, it's not good for them..

Paul in NZ
19th May 2006, 11:42
your a cruel cruel man...

It's one of my more admirable qualities....

DemonWolf
19th May 2006, 11:42
I wouldn't imagine it to be a normal bread toaster.. but instead a sandwish maker, toastie toaster.. and yeah the bread if frozen would become slightly soggy until you had to 'toast' it longer to cook the bread as well.. and what if you liked cheese as well! ya'd have to pry the bread open.. haha messy

Swoop
19th May 2006, 12:50
its a huge stress you realise... finding the toaster... pluging it in... turning on the switch... putting the bread in... puching the button down... and waiting for it to pop up...
And then...

opening the window... throwing cremated slice out to the birds to ignore... getting next slice... putting into toaster... adjusting setting from "cremate" down to "low"... turning off smoke detector...

placidfemme
19th May 2006, 12:53
And then...

opening the window... throwing cremated slice out to the birds to ignore... getting next slice... putting into toaster... adjusting setting from "cremate" down to "low"... turning off smoke detector...

the work of a wife just never ends...

Switch
19th May 2006, 12:57
hahahaha we certainly are lazy. But i don't think we are as inventive as the Japanese

Skyryder
19th May 2006, 19:19
Yes saw that on the news. Yep you heard me right. This was an adverstisment masquerading as a news item. Company spoksman said that if the new product was successfull then it would be marketed in the UK where baked beans are a favourite. So once again NZ plebs are marketing tools and to save money Heinz got their 'new' product on air for free. Correction I wonder who got the backhander.

The sooner the Government takes control of the media we might get real news instead of advertisments masaquerading as news items.

Skyryder

metric
21st May 2006, 16:02
Yes saw that on the news. Yep you heard me right. This was an adverstisment masquerading as a news item. Company spoksman said that if the new product was successfull then it would be marketed in the UK where baked beans are a favourite. So once again NZ plebs are marketing tools and to save money Heinz got their 'new' product on air for free. Correction I wonder who got the backhander.

The sooner the Government takes control of the media we might get real news instead of advertisments masaquerading as news items.

Skyryder

same shit happened when they reported/advertised the groundbreaking, revolutionary purple cocktail sausages...

edit: but in saying that, do you want the Government to take MORE CONTROL? I don't.