PDA

View Full Version : VTR 1000 Reg/Rect question

Dooly
21st May 2006, 12:14
I've read all the posts about the Regulator and how it can cause probs, and has for some here. As I cant ride for 3 months or so, I've got my bike stripped down for inspection, checking, detailing etc, and thought I'd ask you guys what you think I should do about the Reg.
My bike is a Nov/02 model, the model with the bigger tank and digital gauges etc.
I saw some pics of the earlier models where the reg was not finned for heat protection.
Heres a pic of mine which was mounted thru the plate shown, to the chassis below the RH seat, and was wondering, shall I replace it for future's sake, shall I put some heat sink stuff underneath the reg, or should I not worry about it at all as maybe Honda have fixed the problem with the plate and cooling fins?
The bike has done 17000km.
Thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ctfag/reg.jpg

What?
22nd May 2006, 06:55
Don't worry about it. It is less than likely to die, but even if it does, so might a new one.

jonbuoy
22nd May 2006, 08:13
You could get some heatsink compound from Jaycar, or silicone grease underneath it to give better heat transfer to the frame. Other than checking the output and cleaning connections I'd put it back on and keep an eye on it.