PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: Ulysses Manawatu 4 Points Compass Rally

shazzygirl
21st May 2006, 19:06
The Manawatu branch of the Ulysses club invites you to take place in their 'More Clicks in 2006' North Island 4 Points Compass Rally. (This is a motorcycle poker run).
Starts wherever you are from 14th October 2006 and finishes with the drawing of your last card at the prize giving at Palmerston North on 28th October 2006.
Pull a card in any order : North at Houhora, East at Te Araroa, West in Okato, South at Lake Ferry.
ALL WELCOME. Prizes valued at over $1000!! (you need to be in attendance to claim any prize). Badges available $6 - REGO: $30.
Enteries close: 12 September 2006.
Further information and entry form from: The Treasurer Ulysses Manawatu, Cl- 7 Anzio Place, Palmerston North, phone 06 3573410, fax: 06 3573411, email: nz4pointsrally@hotmail.com; or web site: http://nz4points.esmartweb.com/

kiwisfly
21st May 2006, 21:39
Hey ya
Me & my ignorance usually get by in blissful harmony but this time I've got to ask how this compass 4 points bizzo works?

kevie
21st May 2006, 22:07
*** looks on map*** WOW thats some trip ........ would be interesting to do tho

shazzygirl
23rd May 2006, 16:49
Hey ya
Me & my ignorance usually get by in blissful harmony but this time I've got to ask how this compass 4 points bizzo works?

Yes it sounds like its a little difficult, but not really. You start from where ever you are and travel to the 4 points as specified and when you reach that point you will be dealt a card. Travel to each of the points, being the Palmerston North one last and get your last card there and then attend the party afterwards. If you check of the web site there is more info for you to have a look at.
You can do this all in one go (ye gods, if only you could) but most do it over the three weekends.
Try it, you may like it after all.
I am not able to make that sort of trip myself yet, but will be at the end for the club's participation in the prizegiving etc.
:doobey: :first: