PDA

View Full Version : Ashhurst ride report

cowboyz
21st May 2006, 21:52
What an awesome day. 380k on the clock. Near 7 hours out and about chatting and riding. ok, my gps reads 4 hour 3min and 57seconds moving. Hell of a lot of chatting but thats why we are out here isn't it.

Started the day with Bonez running off to get bike number 2 cause something went wrong with bike 1. Didn't quite catch what happened there. While we were waiting a couple of guys showed up at the servo. A KR150 and a GN250 and they decided to join. So there was Bonez,Meanie,combo man, mouse, the KR guy and myself. Good mix of bikes.

We headed over the sadle to start and the guy on the KR warned about loose metal. Was pretty slippery on the upside but coming down was fun. That warmed things up and then we went joyriding. Can't be exactly sure where we went to be honest but we found weber , wimbilton (there was no tennis) and Taumatawhakatangihangakoauaotamateaturipukakapikim aungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. I am sure you think I made that one up so I took a photo. Nothing else there except the sign and just as well, I am sure they would not get their mail.
On to havelock north via some wicked roads. Twisty bits galore. Had lots and lots of fun. All bikes run as they should. The new ninja was very nice and mouse handled himself well although Meanie was telling me mouse was a little more than sore on arrival home. Heading out of Havelock North I got summons home so had to take a direct route home. Cops everywhere which slowed things down a bit but made it home trouble free.

Good day had by all.

here are the pics.

cowboyz
21st May 2006, 21:53
more pictures

ldnz
21st May 2006, 21:58
Sorry hit the wrong thread - cheers for having me out there. Certainly evicted a few spiders from the KR. Had a great day and I look forward to doing it again.

Ben

combo man
22nd May 2006, 10:31
Great ride guys! Where to next?

zadok
22nd May 2006, 10:36
Ony'a. Sounds like a good time was had by all.:)

Meanie
22nd May 2006, 17:18
Sorry hit the wrong thread - cheers for having me out there. Certainly evicted a few spiders from the KR. Had a great day and I look forward to doing it again.

Ben
Hey Ben good to have you along yesterday you bike rocks :rockon:
Dont know if you relised but when you went through Ashhurst in the dark i saw you from home and noticed your tail light was out, it might pay to check it out
See you next time

u4ea
22nd May 2006, 17:25
whens the next ride???????saw surgeon today and i am in for bone graft and plate........probly in the next 2 months,so i am keen...........before i am more or less of a woman!!!!!!!!!!:blah:

Bonez
22nd May 2006, 18:22
Yes folks and once again a GN 250 participated :p, well for the first part anyway.

Ended up coming back behind Te Mate peak, through Elsthorpe, Patangata, Waipawa, Waipuk-over the crematorium hill, hang first left onto Takapu, Ormondville, back rd coming out just south of Dannivirke by the roadside cafe thingy, then directly from Dannivagas home-was getting dark and a bit nippy.Rog and I had a much needed bourbon and coke when we got to my place. Dumped the pics from his camera onto my PC. So here ya go.

cowboyz
22nd May 2006, 18:25
who knows. weather/work dependant. I am keen to get out there again.

cowboyz
22nd May 2006, 18:26
wheres the pics bonez?

cowboyz
22nd May 2006, 18:30
sorry. must have jumped on it too soon

Bonez
22nd May 2006, 18:43

BenNice having you along Ben. How's the Fluid Dynamics assignment coming along?

As Meanie mentioned, your tail light was very intermitent on the way home so may pay to check the connections. The securing nut holding my clutch lever pivot screw came adrift, noticed this before I left work this afternoon, so may have to go and look for it in a month or so ;).

Bonez
22nd May 2006, 18:46
Great ride guys! Where to next?Eastcape ;) Ordered to new rear Barracuda today so it will need breaking in...............

cowboyz
22nd May 2006, 18:56
best of luck with that. I'll come.

Mouse
22nd May 2006, 21:22
Great ride fella's had a real awesome day and am looking forward to next ride
My butt got better after a couple of hrs
Well took bike in to get wof & reg , got a reel great reg number ; 69YER , i love it

cowboyz
22nd May 2006, 21:37
rocking along.

I am not available for 2 weeks so maybe 3 weeks time if the weather is good.

combo man
22nd May 2006, 21:44
Eastcape ;) Ordered to new rear Barracuda today so it will need breaking in...............
Cool! This Saturday Steve and I are going to do some of the back roads out towards the coast from Masterton, Tinui, Castelpoint, Alfreton, over the Pori, and down into the Markuri Gorge. Ya up 4 it big boy?

ldnz
22nd May 2006, 22:53
That sounds like a good ride. I haven't been further that way than masterton.

Thanks for the warning on my tail light, i've had problems with it in the past, its a loose fitting. I thought I had fixed it. One day i'll get around to wiring up an LED one. With 150cc's of shear grunt having people running into the back of me could be quite a problem.

Fluid dynamics assignment turned into an all night mission, but got it in ok. It was so much better having the day on the road with you gentlemen than in front of the bloody screen.

Bonez
23rd May 2006, 05:41
Cool! This Saturday Steve and I are going to do some of the back roads out towards the coast from Masterton, Tinui, Castelpoint, Alfreton, over the Pori, and down into the Markuri Gorge. Ya up 4 it big boy?I'll let ya know later in the week. With the kids with kids moving back home -rearranged the shed last evening to accomadate their belongings-and baby Hans's 1st birthday on Sunday I think finances/time/attention is going to be a weeeee bit tight.

cowboyz
23rd May 2006, 06:06
That sounds like a good ride. I haven't been further that way than masterton.

Thanks for the warning on my tail light, i've had problems with it in the past, its a loose fitting. I thought I had fixed it. One day i'll get around to wiring up an LED one. With 150cc's of shear grunt having people running into the back of me could be quite a problem.

Fluid dynamics assignment turned into an all night mission, but got it in ok. It was so much better having the day on the road with you gentlemen than in front of the bloody screen.

there are some fantastic roads out east of masterton. Your 150 will love it out there.

I was having trouble with my taillight a while back. In the end I just run new wires and hardwired it on. Can't think of any instance where you don't want it on anyway.

rfc85
23rd May 2006, 06:46
if any of you lot are heading over masterton way,i'd be keen to tag along,went out around gladstone etc a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. will keep watch. cheerz

phantom
23rd May 2006, 08:43
The securing nut holding my clutch lever pivot screw came adrift, noticed this before I left work this afternoon, so may have to go and look for it in a month or so ;).
The same thing happened on my GB, I didn't quite get round to doing anything about it and now the clutch lever pivot screw has vanished. Bah who needs a clutch anyway

combo man
23rd May 2006, 11:46
if any of you lot are heading over masterton way,i'd be keen to tag along,went out around gladstone etc a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. will keep watch. cheerz
Well this ride will be on Saterday, and THERE WILL BE GRAVEL!!!!!! Mabey just a tad anyway! There's 2 going so far ( Gb 400 and BMW trail bike thingy ) so the more the merryer!

u4ea
23rd May 2006, 12:25
will see if this is gunna suit me.i ride like a nana at the mo.am south of palmy so maybe hook up for a few k at least....................

cowboyz
23rd May 2006, 17:17
watch that comboman.. I ride without gravel consists of about 45km of the stuff. I can only imagine how much gravel will be on a ride with gravel on it.

Meanie
23rd May 2006, 17:31
Great ride fella's had a real awesome day and am looking forward to next ride
My butt got better after a couple of hrs
Well took bike in to get wof & reg , got a reel great reg number ; 69YER , i love it
I wasnt gonna post the pics of his plate cause someone once told me not to show your plate no, why is that anyway Mouse let the cat out of the bag so here they are and they are not personalised but are a good match for mouse He He :blip:

cowboyz
23rd May 2006, 17:42
it is because with NZ stupid buy/sell laws anyone can "buy" your bike with just the number plate. ie. Some dodgy guy surfing the net. Sees mouses number plate on his bike. Goes down to the post office and pays $20 or something like that and he now owns that bike. Then he goes to the bank and takes out a loan using that bike as collateral. He can because the registration is now in his name and he can prove that you sold him the bike - even though you have never met him and have no idea what is going on.

Meanie
23rd May 2006, 17:43
rocking along.

I am not available for 2 weeks so maybe 3 weeks time if the weather is good.
I,m awayat the boat show queens birthday but i,m keen the week after
Wish i was going on your east cape ride bones :bye: i,m hoping to do that over christmas holidays have a good time guys

Meanie
23rd May 2006, 17:53
I would like to do a long ride maybe take a long weekend and stay away a night or two some time in the near future if your keen
I have a brother down south id like to catch up with that would be an awesome weekend trip
I,m sure we could get a few to tag along, Cowboyz is keen but its just a matter of timing and weather
see what happens over the next few months

Bonez
23rd May 2006, 18:17
The same thing happened on my GB, I didn't quite get round to doing anything about it and now the clutch lever pivot screw has vanished. Bah who needs a clutch anywayHey Pete are you "good to go" yet?

dhunt
23rd May 2006, 18:44
there are some fantastic roads out east of masterton. Your 150 will love it out there.

I was having trouble with my taillight a while back. In the end I just run new wires and hardwired it on. Can't think of any instance where you don't want it on anyway.
When you loose your keys :Pokey: and can't turn your bike off.

I've got the opposite problem at the moment brake light stays on most of the time. Need to sort out the switch thingy for the front brake.

u4ea
23rd May 2006, 18:55
watch that comboman.. I ride without gravel consists of about 45km of the stuff. I can only imagine how much gravel will be on a ride with gravel on it.
..........yea sounds gross to me,bad enuff this time of year without gravel to add to the mix

ldnz
23rd May 2006, 19:59
I'd be keen to come at least part way with you. I'm not overly fond of gravel either, and would only hold you up, but there must be some good sealed stuff on the way. Dependant on funds/price of petrol vs price of food. Cowboyz - I may well do that, im not sure if the problem is in the bulb holder itself or shady wiring. The problem is, whenever I go to fix it at home I can't reproduce the problem and haven't had the time to pull all the bodywork off and figure it out.

cowboyz
23rd May 2006, 20:00
When you loose your keys :Pokey: and can't turn your bike off.

can't imagine that happening to anyone round here........:zzzz:

I've got the opposite problem at the moment brake light stays on most of the time. Need to sort out the switch thingy for the front brake.

bugger. I am sure you will get it sorted.

rfc85
24th May 2006, 06:48
I would like to do a long ride maybe take a long weekend and stay away a night or two some time in the near future if your keen
I have a brother down south id like to catch up with that would be an awesome weekend trip
I,m sure we could get a few to tag along, Cowboyz is keen but its just a matter of timing and weather
see what happens over the next few months
yep i'm keen on that,might flag the sat ride this week,i'm with you re gravel-fuck that-and the weather looks shit as well-and i'm working-thats about all the excuses i can think of
cheerz

UrbanMyth
25th May 2006, 18:29
cool if i was still living in palmy i would come along might be up sometime

phantom
27th May 2006, 10:53
Hey Pete are you "good to go" yet?
Was allowed back on bike on Wednesday so had a little ride to get a warrant on Thursday then took the bike to Himitangi to watch my stepdaughter's school cross country. Was a little sore afterwards I think from the vibration on the mending ribs so I will take things easy for a while with some shortish rides until evrything is back to normal. Bugger - back to work Monday:angry: