PDA

View Full Version : Track Day III Photos

erik
22nd May 2006, 01:04
Maybe everyone could post their photos from the trackday here?

Here's the ones I took:
http://community.webshots.com/album/550594967wiEkoc

Rather than pick out the best ones I figured I'd just post pretty much all of them. Webshots makes it reasonably easy to browse the thumbnails and select particular photos to view fullsize.

dangerous
22nd May 2006, 06:18
Not bad man not bad, hey if ya get the chance you could always rename them so as we know who is who... like that tosser in pic 8848, whos that :doobey:

erik
22nd May 2006, 09:21
Not bad man not bad, hey if ya get the chance you could always rename them so as we know who is who... like that tosser in pic 8848, whos that :doobey:
For a lot of the photos I don't really know who's who (plus I'm busy as with stuff for uni now. sorry). But if anyone wants to comment on them, webshots lets you post a message below each photo.

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 09:25
Wicked photos Eric :niceone: gutted there is none of me :crybaby: BTW wicked pace you were putting on with the bandit :niceone:

bugjuice
22nd May 2006, 09:25
ditto on the above

Fishy
22nd May 2006, 09:41
Some very good shots there mate!. I like the wheelie shots best.

Rashika
22nd May 2006, 09:48
gee...now he looks vaguely familiar... hmmm...I'm sure I've seen that riding style before and the old beast as well :shutup:

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 10:09
Photo of the Day IMO, nice wheelie Death lol.

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 10:37
Photo of the Day IMO, nice wheelie Death lol.
bahahahaha!!!!

Rosie
22nd May 2006, 10:37
Great photos! I'll put mine up tomorrow, once I get the films developed.

White trash
22nd May 2006, 10:57
Watched all the footage Riff raff got last night, and there's some pretty cool shit on it. And a bunch of botched wheelie atempts by all of us. :lol:

Jimbo got a shitload of cool pics but they're mostly secret squirel for now.

ZeroIndex
22nd May 2006, 11:01
very nice pics.. hopefully I will have petrol to come watch the next one..

Cheers Erik... some really good shots there.

Switch
22nd May 2006, 12:25
Nice pictures dude :doobey:

R6_kid
22nd May 2006, 12:43
who is #15 GSXR? nice set of pics btw :)

emaN
22nd May 2006, 12:57
Thanks dude!
Found one of me and one of r4q2 in there!

(never tho't I'd find another "webshots" user!)

Waylander
22nd May 2006, 13:00
Thanks dude!
Found one of me and one of r4q2 in there!

(never tho't I'd find another "webshots" user!)
Gonna make sure your buddies on the Harleys get out there next time right? lol

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 13:03
who is #15 GSXR? nice set of pics btw :)

That be Rossi Girl, she borrowed Sudeeps race fairings for the track day, you rememeber her, thats the chick on the Alstare GSXR that smoked you on the stunt/drag day.

boomer
22nd May 2006, 13:04
...thats the chick on the Alstare GSXR that smoked you on the stunt/drag day.

:lol:

Bling bling on its way :second:

Toast
22nd May 2006, 13:33
Sudeep, very nice of you to keep an eye or two on the rising young talent within KB. Guy in silver helmet, you have been found guilty too :niceone:

EDIT: pic won't attach, you got lucky boys.

EDIT 2: Maybe this works though: http://community.webshots.com/photo/550594967/2690679400086871642tiwnzR

emaN
22nd May 2006, 13:45
Gonna make sure your buddies on the Harleys get out there next time right? lol

lol
yeh, mike was pretty keen to get on the track once he saw how well it's all run!
might (finally) be the thing that gets him to wear gloves!

SPman
22nd May 2006, 13:47
Finally - a pic of my old SP on the track - WITHOUT ME on it - Feck!
How did it go, MT?

Matt Bleck
22nd May 2006, 13:53
SlickD asked me to post these... more to come.

emaN
22nd May 2006, 13:56
looks like i'll be ambling over to SlickD's tonight then...
quality pics!

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 14:07
SlickD asked me to post these... more to come.

1: Death Inc. 2: Loosebruce 3: Squid (not on KB) 4: HDTboy

WRT
22nd May 2006, 14:19
"Squid (not on KB)" looked like he was having fun, altho I dont think the corners were quite sharp enough for him, he was locking up the rear to get a drift into the corner at the end of the straight, but was struggling to powerslide it. Kept coming onto the straight shaking his head. He definately had the hang of those wheelies tho, had a look to them like he coulda just gone on till he ran out of gas if the track was long enough.

Mental Trousers
22nd May 2006, 14:20
Finally - a pic of my old SP on the track - WITHOUT ME on it - Feck!
How did it go, MT?

Went really well although she's really starting to show her age. Those bloody modern 600's have more grunt on the straights. Really the only problem I had was keeping the back wheel on the ground at the end of the start/finish straight (actually keeping the front wheel on the ground while the back was in the air was also a problem - occassionally did a stoppie/pogo). But getting to the track day was the real mission. Had to get a hole in the tank fixed (something was rubbing underneath and wore a hole in the bottom of the tank), then while the tank was off one of the wires for the connector broke and took over an hour to find, then I didn't have any split pins for the rear wheel nut ......

Two Smoker
22nd May 2006, 14:32
"Squid (not on KB)" looked like he was having fun, altho I dont think the corners were quite sharp enough for him, he was locking up the rear to get a drift into the corner at the end of the straight, but was struggling to powerslide it. Kept coming onto the straight shaking his head. He definately had the hang of those wheelies tho, had a look to them like he coulda just gone on till he ran out of gas if the track was long enough.

You should have seen his wheelies when he used to race a GSX-R1000... That or give him a pit bike... he does mint ones on one of those too... Had a yarn to Squid and he was complaining at the lack of grunt the RM-Z had, but he still has heaps of fun on it hehehe

WRT
22nd May 2006, 14:36
Should get himself one of these (http://www.aprilia.com/modelli/road/modello.asp?id=75), they look like the shizzle.

HDTboy
22nd May 2006, 16:12
1: Death Inc. 2: Loosebruce 3: Squid (not on KB) 4: HDTboy
I do believe the caption on number 4 is "Muppet"

Matt Bleck
22nd May 2006, 16:32
I do believe the caption on number 4 is "Muppet"

:blip: .

R6_kid
22nd May 2006, 17:28
That be Rossi Girl, she borrowed Sudeeps race fairings for the track day, you rememeber her, thats the chick on the Alstare GSXR that smoked you on the stunt/drag day.

ahh, thought i may have been BUT - i did nay race an alstare at stunt/drag day - i dont think.

loosebruce
22nd May 2006, 19:12
ahh, thought i may have been BUT - i did nay race an alstare at stunt/drag day - i dont think.

Yea it does get hard to tell bikes apart when they are so far in front of you

MD
22nd May 2006, 19:35
Awesome, thanks for putting up all those pics Erik. Time to update my avatar with the current colour.
When you're doing the return trip through the pits you miss seeing what's going on on the track.
Can some one put names to the other wheelie Lads? Death, Motoracer, Poos, DSS and WT are easy to spot but I'm confused how Loosebruce seemed to have a split personality? One minute he's on his silver GSXR1000 missing it's lower panels, then there's someone in similar leathers on a silver gixer but lower panels intact. In fact, there were sooo many Gixer riders can you all post your bloody names here and paint your bikes odd colours -Death's taken that a bit far but atleast there's no mistaken his bike!
Cheers, Mark

DEATH_INC.
22nd May 2006, 19:44
The other bruce was Nicko I think, same leathers....edit;maybe not I think his gixx is a different colour???

MD
22nd May 2006, 20:02
The other bruce was Nicko I think, same leathers....edit;maybe not I think his gixx is a different colour???
My point exactly mate. And it'll get worse if we all start wearing quasimoto leathers. Might just get me some of them.
ps- sorry you got cramp doing a wheelie, lucky you could carry on on one leg and give the other a bit of a stretch! cool trick.:blip:

limbimtimwim
22nd May 2006, 20:09
I do believe the caption on number 4 is "Muppet"So you still are riding 'erratic' then?

That picture doesn't look too erratic to me. You look quite comfy to be honest.

2much
22nd May 2006, 20:19
The silver Gixxer with full fairings was me:wavey:

kickingzebra
22nd May 2006, 20:20
Thats an awesome lot of pics Erik!! Wickedcool!! Thanks!!

Suzi Q
22nd May 2006, 21:00
Fantastic Photos Erik :sunny: - what type of Camera?

erik
22nd May 2006, 22:07
Thanks. It's an old Canon Powershot A40.

I'm looking forward to seeing other people's photos.

Yeh... I think nz_liam has the best part of 3000 photos of the day, not sure if he's gonna host them all or not :)

MD
22nd May 2006, 22:12
The silver Gixxer with full fairings was me:wavey:
Ok, that's one ID'd. And well done out there at playtime. We're allocating plainer colours to all you gixxer types to repaint your bikes. Sorry to tell you this 2much but the only colours left for you to pick from are pink or beige. What'll it be.

kickingzebra
22nd May 2006, 22:12
I'll give NZLiam much green rep if he does!! and the photos of camelia court... did he catch boomer taking a dump in the bush... LOL

The reason you guy non coloured gsxrs, is so that if they should crash (because they are ridden hard) then it fdoesn't cost an arse and a leg to replace fairings... Damn telefonica is cracked, and it is gonna cost a bomb!! (if I fix it)

Not sure about that zebra... but I'm sure we can find somewhere to hook up the pictures...

Rosie
23rd May 2006, 08:56
Here are some of my photos.
First instalment... random photos of people I don't know.

Rosie
23rd May 2006, 09:00
Second instalment... people I do know...

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 09:26
If anyone has photos of the R6 (number 78) with some muppet riding it like a nana in white, black and orange leathers can you chuck them up :niceone: Much appreciated...

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 10:57
Watched all the footage Riff raff got last night, and there's some pretty cool shit on it. And a bunch of botched wheelie atempts by all of us. :lol:

Jimbo got a shitload of cool pics but they're mostly secret squirel for now.
flick me a couple.....will be kept under raps

Toast
23rd May 2006, 11:00
Come on peeps...more photos, please :)

I've never seen a pic of myself riding a bike! Would be keen as to see what I look like, especially in a corner so that I can get an idea of my body position.

Love you long time if you post one of dude on a dark coloured 'Blade.

MSTRS
23rd May 2006, 11:06
..... dark coloured 'Blade.
Was that the one with the clunky gearbox? Didn't get any photos but sure noticed the sound it was making.

bugjuice
23rd May 2006, 11:10
Come on peeps...more photos, please :)

I've never seen a pic of myself riding a bike! Would be keen as to see what I look like, especially in a corner so that I can get an idea of my body position.

Love you long time if you post one of dude on a dark coloured 'Blade.
you look a little like this.. sorry it's a bit vague, you were going faster than I can draw

Toast
23rd May 2006, 11:16
you look a little like this.. sorry it's a bit vague, you were going faster than I can draw

I was going faster than you could draw? Is that why I've got a nose like Pinnochio in the picture?

My slimming program's clearly working though, thanks BJ :niceone:

Toast
23rd May 2006, 11:18
Was that the one with the clunky gearbox? Didn't get any photos but sure noticed the sound it was making.

Quite possibly, it is very noisy unless you're 100% accurate with your revs. I don't think it's a problem. Nice to know that I'm making a rep for myself and the bike though.

If you were near the hairpin, you may have also noticed the incredibly loud 'wooshing' noise from the front brakes.

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 11:21
Good on ya Erik for those photos. Couldnt see any of my Buell-headlit Hornet but good effort none the less. Blinging now.

kiwifruit
23rd May 2006, 11:30
I didnt get any pics as my flatm8 unplugged my charging camera the night b4
Had the tank cam set up but its a peice of shit and keeps turning off :'(
Was looking forward to that too
Sorry all

Im sure someone would have got a shot of you Toast
its great to have a pic of yourself riding

heres a couple of me im proud of, second one is my mum on the back :D
thanks r4q2 for getting them to me
if i could bling you more i would :first:

2much
23rd May 2006, 11:30
Ok, that's one ID'd. And well done out there at playtime. We're allocating plainer colours to all you gixxer types to repaint your bikes. Sorry to tell you this 2much but the only colours left for you to pick from are pink or beige. What'll it be.

Oh damn, does that mean peach is gone? I bet Bruce got that the bastard! Well atleast TL doesn't ride a GSXR anymore, otherwise I'd only have Beige left.

The reason you guy non coloured gsxrs, is so that if they should crash (because they are ridden hard) then it fdoesn't cost an arse and a leg to replace fairings... Damn telefonica is cracked, and it is gonna cost a bomb!! (if I fix it)

Too fucken right, you'll never see me owning a Telefonica, Corona or Repsol for exactly that reason (well that and the fact the Repsol's a Honduh pos)... I'd be too worried about crashing.

WE NEED MORE PICS! (preferably of the silver GSXR)

Kornholio
23rd May 2006, 11:41
The yellow Gixxer with the K on the headlight was me doing wheelies with Poos

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 11:44
The yellow Gixxer with the K on the headlight was me doing wheelies with Poos
you trying to you mean? or you to busy watching to see how its done?

Matt Bleck
23rd May 2006, 11:53
I tell SlickD to get his arse into gear and post all the pics he got, I think he took a couple of hundered.

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 11:55
There was a very 'official' photgrapher type walking around on the day. Not Jimbo or LiamNZ (although you guys looked great). Though maybe it was the guy who runs the photo/racing-website that you can buy piccies from.

Jonty
23rd May 2006, 12:04
There was a very 'official' photgrapher type walking around on the day. Not Jimbo or LiasNZ (although you guys looked great). Though maybe it was the guy who runs the photo/racing-website that you can buy piccies from.

Yeah, who was that guy - he nearly blinded me with the flash on the sweeper:shit: If anyone has a piccy of a bike that looks like it should be in a britany spears videa clip would liek to see it:msn-wink:

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 12:06
Yeah, who was that guy - he nearly blinded me with the flash on the sweeper:shit: If anyone has a piccy of a bike that looks like it should be in a britany spears videa clip would liek to see it:msn-wink:
liam wasn't it?

Looks like nz_liam got about 4GB worth of photos, so I think he's gonna take a day or two to filter through and post up the good stuff.

2much
23rd May 2006, 12:08
Don't think he was a KB'er cause he asked me where the best place to stand would be and was only really interested in where the crashes were gonna happen.

emaN
23rd May 2006, 12:12
If it's who I'm thinking of, he wouldn't have been using a flash.
What say you, r4q2?

Jonty
23rd May 2006, 12:28
What say you, r4q2?

He was definately using a flash!! I remeber heading out of the corner and all of a sudden seeing a flamin flash to the left.

Poos, I would not be suprised if it was Liam, I think he took about 30 photos of Skels and I just sitting on our bikes - mind you Skels was giving him blue steel

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 12:35
He was definately using a flash!! I remeber heading out of the corner and all of a sudden seeing a flamin flash to the left.

Poos, I would not be suprised if it was Liam, I think he took about 30 photos of Skels and I just sitting on our bikes - mind you Skels was giving him blue steel
lmfao...that blue steal is intense eh!!!

I'm just hoping liam don't post any of the millions of pics he took on sat nite...I felt like a fuckin side show with that thing flashing at me all the time!

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 12:43
It was more like 'blue-get the f*ck out of my face-steel'. Nah...was late sat night and wasnt feeling pretty.

Was looking for him for a few snaps at the track though.

Matt Bleck
23rd May 2006, 12:56
What say you, r4q2?

SlickD wasn't using a flash.

HDTboy
23rd May 2006, 13:17
So you still are riding 'erotic' then?

That picture doesn't look too erotic to me. You look quite comfy to be honest.
My riding style is still slightly erotic depending on who you speak to

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 13:23
My riding style is still slightly erotic depending on who you speak to
I hav the young fella's jacket in the back of me car BTW bro...I'll get it up to hamilton in the next few weeks with someone...

chanceyy
23rd May 2006, 13:28
I'm just hoping liam don't post any of the millions of pics he took on sat nite...I felt like a fuckin side show with that thing flashing at me all the time!

But poosy you know you love posing :nya:

chanceyy
23rd May 2006, 13:29
I hav the young fella's jacket in the back of me car BTW bro...I'll get it up to hamilton in the next few weeks with someone...

I am going to hammy in 3 weeks time ... if that helps ..

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 13:35
I am going to hammy in 3 weeks time ... if that helps ..
it could well do....but I'll probally be up there in two...I'll PM ya if I need your services..okay spunky!

BTW wheres that pic of ya butt gone?

chanceyy
23rd May 2006, 13:47
it could well do....but I'll probally be up there in two...I'll PM ya if I need your services..okay spunky! Spunky?? laffingg sorry poosy nuffing special here just me .. and sure PM me if you need to, I know a easy way to get the jacket to me if required.. you going to feild days too ??

BTW wheres that pic of ya butt gone?You know thats not MY butt .. and even though i dunna swing that way at all, can honestly say it is a damn nice butt LOL

babyB
23rd May 2006, 14:43
way cool photoes Erik

some of my photoes are up... click the link below

heres some i had to smirk at....
1 & 2) isn't the first lession too look where ya wanna going?
3) um heres a reason to tape up ya headlight
4) an original way to thank Frosty for a premo trackday
(it would have been easer to kiss his feet)
5) and who are these two asses
6) top gals

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 14:50
My ass on the left, and Spank's on the right?

Wait for it

WRT
23rd May 2006, 15:17
LOL at Buggy, so quick the only way he knows where he is on the track is to look at whats already gone past . . .

(PT)

BTW - I think that was probably me he was looking back at (out of the shot). Was following him a few times and had him looking over his shoulder a fair bit. I think he was trying to work out where the helicopter was . . .

bugjuice
23rd May 2006, 15:24
i farted, and tried to sniff it..
If I had known you were about to take a pic on that corner, I would have spun the rear tyre up a bit

R6_kid
23rd May 2006, 15:26
in the last pic i recognise velox and KS19, the one behind looks like frosty though - and as for the one in front, im sure thats a dude... (maybe even andrew stroud!?)

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 15:34
in the last pic i recognise velox and KS19, the one behind looks like frosty though - and as for the one in front, im sure thats a dude... (maybe even andrew stroud!?)

Maybe your right??? Stroud, Velox, KS19, Frosty...

Keystone19
23rd May 2006, 15:35
Maybe your right??? Stroud, Velox, KS19, Frosty...

Yep, the last few photos are of me, Andrew, Velox and Frosty circulating at the end of the day.

Great photos guys - thanks!

Still none of me with my knee on the deck though - it's true though, I swear, I have the scrapes on my knee sliders to prove it...

Toast
23rd May 2006, 15:35
I don't think that was Stroud. I think it was his mate on the other Gixxer (or maybe the same one). Stroud was wearing darker gear I think. His mate was still damn quick.

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 15:36
yep in that last pic Velox and keystone were just getting ready to give Andrew Stroud the "learn"
I had the very best seat in the house to watch it all happening.
Um actually It was really good of him to give up his time to help the gals along.
I was just cruising along behind as mobile marshal just in case anyone went down. --Hmm ironic really

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 15:37
I don't think that was Stroud. I think it was his mate on the other Gixxer (or maybe the same one). Stroud was wearing darker gear I think. His mate was still damn quick.

Definately stroud... he's the only one with the red and yellow helmet with the green blotch on the back that i know of in the racing scene...

Toast
23rd May 2006, 15:46
Definately stroud... he's the only one with the red and yellow helmet with the green blotch on the back that i know of in the racing scene...

Ok, my bad. Can't recall much more than his exhaust and the bike which said 'BRO' on the side, as he cut me up a few times.

bugjuice
23rd May 2006, 15:47
yeah bro..

HDTboy
23rd May 2006, 15:50
Thanks a bunch mate, I'll give him shit about it.

babyB
23rd May 2006, 15:51
:killingme bugjuice u must hav been paronoyed couse there was no1 on the outside of you that time

yep tis stroud, Velox, KS19, & Frosty. was them only on track at end of day

sorry guys threr aint alot of good photoes this time was hard with me tryin to ride too. will still do CDs if ya want

SpankMe
23rd May 2006, 17:28
<br /><br />
Anyone manage to get photos of my GB? If you have, could you please send them to spankme AT kiwibiker.co.nz.<br /><br />

Fluffy Cat
23rd May 2006, 18:19
Nice pic of my FZR thanks. I find looking where i am going very distracting and it makes me fearful of whats comming next, so i just keep my head down. A dark visor also helps with the fear. Thinking of fitting blinkers next.

Velox
23rd May 2006, 19:53
Spunky?? laffingg sorry poosy nuffing special here just me .. and sure PM me if you need to, I know a easy way to get the jacket to me if required.. you going to feild days too ??

You know thats not MY butt .. and even though i dunna swing that way at all, can honestly say it is a damn nice butt LOL
I was chatting to a couple of the Hamilton crew at the track and thinking of getting together for a drink during the fieldays - maybe Wed night I'm thinking. Keen? I'm thinking of heading up for the Wed and Thurs at Mystery Creek but not completely sure at this stage.

chanceyy
23rd May 2006, 19:58
I was chatting to a couple of the Hamilton crew at the track and thinking of getting together for a drink during the fieldays - maybe Wed night I'm thinking. Keen? I'm thinking of heading up for the Wed and Thurs at Mystery Creek but not completely sure at this stage.

that could be a plan .. will be up there staying with olds in Te Aroha from the monday .. think bro & sis in law going to feild days on the wed but i am free at nights

boomer
23rd May 2006, 19:59
Who was #15

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 20:27
Who was #15
A chick that learned you good...and the one giving you shit on sat nite ya twat!

boomer
23rd May 2006, 20:34
A chick that learned you good...and the one giving you shit on sat nite ya twat!

lol.. i'm passing her on the outside ya poo snozzle :blip:

so it was Rossi Gal huh ??!!! Duh, i recognise the leathers now :blip:

Tell me Poo's where i'm going wrong, 2much tells me its cos i'm going too slow ..which i know i am but is my body position all wrong, why am i struggling gettin me knee down if i can get me toes down (i'd like a serious answer but i know i'm gonna get shit from ya ;) )

justsomeguy
23rd May 2006, 20:48

Tell me Poo's where i'm going wrong, 2much tells me its cos i'm going too slow ..which i know i am but is my body position all wrong, why am i struggling gettin me knee down if i can get me toes down (i'd like a serious answer but i know i'm gonna get shit from ya ;) )

Get the tips of your toes on to the tips of your peg and stick your knee out and away from your bike - your knee slider should scrape before your toe sliders hit the road.

Make sure you have smooth acceleration and enough weight pushing down on the outside peg to help you lift the bike up if things get too low. Don't back off the throttle if you get too low or you'll get even lower - keep the throttle steady or be accelerating smoothly and look where you wanna go --- yada, yada, yada........

The above works for me - see if it works for you.

Motoracer
23rd May 2006, 21:06

Although the question is not directed at me, I'll make an offer anyway. Texmo and maybe a couple of people are pretty keen on riding with me on the road this weekend. I'll have a look and try and help out in their riding in anyway I can, if they ask for help. We can have some one on one riding session along with pointers etc on some nice twisties. You'll be getting your knee down in no time, if that is what you really want to do.

PM if interested.

boomer
23rd May 2006, 21:16
Thanks Sudeep :D:rockon:

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 21:39
Thanks Sudeep :D:rockon:
problem sorted bro....take the man up on his offer...

2much
23rd May 2006, 21:59

Not true bro. if you're scrapping your toes then that's near the limit of your bike's lean and you should have your knee down. You need to slide your arse over more and really stretch your knee out. Have a look at that pic again, your bike's lent over more than Rossi Girl's and she's got her knee down.... you're not even sticking you knee out.

Sudeep will sort you out.

dss3
23rd May 2006, 22:29

3 easy steps: Brake later, corner faster, get on gas earlier. Your bound to go faster!.... or crash... either way you should look really good for a little bit. :blip:

Mental Trousers
23rd May 2006, 22:35
Personally I'm not worried about getting my knee down. I know what I have to do to get it down, but I don't find that comfortable (get a bit more of me off the seat and get my arse down the side of the bike and point my knee out further). Of course the other way to get my knee down is to take the hero blobs off and put on some tyres with a much steeper profile on the sides :doobey:

DEATH_INC.
24th May 2006, 08:35
Personally I'm not worried about getting my knee down. I know what I have to do to get it down, but I don't find that comfortable (get a bit more of me off the seat and get my arse down the side of the bike and point my knee out further). Of course the other way to get my knee down is to take the hero blobs off and put on some tyres with a much steeper profile on the sides :doobey:
Getting my knee on the deck was the difference between going fast and going real fast, it really makes a huge difference to how far you can go.

Mental Trousers
24th May 2006, 09:05
Getting my knee on the deck was the difference between going fast and going real fast, it really makes a huge difference to how far you can go.

ah ok. Something to think about then. Maybe I will just have to get used to it.

clint640
24th May 2006, 09:28
way cool photoes Erik

some of my photoes are up... click the link below

heres some i had to smirk at....
1 & 2) isn't the first lession too look where ya wanna going?
3) um heres a reason to tape up ya headlight
4) an original way to thank Frosty for a premo trackday
(it would have been easer to kiss his feet)
5) and who are these two asses
6) top gals

WooHoo! a shot of me crashing! Great stuff babyB. I wasn't actually bowing down in reverence to Frosty, I was looking for the end of my gear lever which had just broken off. Ya gotta love dirtbikes: total crash damage bill = 1 x $60 gearlever.

Cheers
Clint

raster
24th May 2006, 11:07
Thanks guys for the great pics didn't have any of the duke on the track.

speights_bud
24th May 2006, 13:03
Hey ya'll Does anyone happen to have any photos of the pillion session? I threw dad (Gixxer 4 Ever) on the back of the poor GPX250 for this round and noticed that everyone along pit wall was having a good laugh at us. Although i don't blame them, musta been pretty funny a 85kg teenager with his 110kg old man on the back, no wonder the pegs & sidestand kept hitting the ground:blip:

Matt Bleck
24th May 2006, 13:07
Hey ya'll Does anyone happen to have any photos of the pillion session? I threw dad (Gixxer 4 Ever) on the back of the poor GPX250 for this round and noticed that everyone along pit wall was having a good laugh at us. Although i don't blame them, musta been pretty funny a 85kg teenager with his 110kg old man on the back, no wonder the pegs & sidestand kept hitting the ground:blip:

I'm sure I saw one that SlickD had taken. Looks funny, poor bike....

cowpoos
24th May 2006, 13:14
has liam posted any pics yet? are there more pics than just whats in this thread?

Liam took loads eh... apparently about 4Gb worth... but he's not got around to posting them up yet.

Jonty
24th May 2006, 13:23
Liam took loads eh... apparently about 4Gb worth... but he's not got around to posting them up yet.

He's probably negotiating for his own server!

WRT
24th May 2006, 13:24
Of the guys in the fast group. Crap quality tho, sorry about that . . .

kiwifruit
24th May 2006, 13:29
cool WRT
thanks
that was the session i was keeping up with cowpoos, wasnt expecting to be able to do that!
maybe he was stuck in top gear or something....

He's probably negotiating for his own server!

Well apparently they're about 3.2Mb per picture of something, and he's got around 3000 of them at various points.

If it was me, I'd just resize them all down to something smaller and post up a big ol zip file or something...

Matt Bleck
24th May 2006, 13:35
Of the guys in the fast group. Crap quality tho, sorry about that . . .

:niceone: cheers WRT!!!!

WRT
24th May 2006, 13:36
He may already have something that does the job, but XnView (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownload.html)is a free prog that allows batch resizing. Just select the input and output folders, then the desired size, and hit the go button. For 3000 pics, you may also want to go and get a cup of coffee . . .

Mental Trousers
24th May 2006, 13:40
Tell liam to resize them, zip em up then torrent the things. Only way to distribute 4GB of pics.

cowpoos
24th May 2006, 13:48
Tell liam to resize them, zip em up then torrent the things. Only way to distribute 4GB of pics.
would be nice if people with slow connections could veiw them....took me a fuck hour to go through that first lot...and I'm only talkin bout the thumbnails and downloading a couple of pics...

Yeh, torrent would be sweet... think he's busy at work most of the week so I wouldn't expect anything until the weekend.

Jonty
24th May 2006, 13:52
would be nice if people with slow connections could veiw them....took me a fuck hour to go through that first lot...and I'm only talkin bout the thumbnails and downloading a couple of pics...

Shit mate, I may have to burn some of my pron to cd for ya :msn-wink:

speights_bud
24th May 2006, 13:52
Poo's you need to find a new job with a broadband connection you can take advantage of:blip: . I call mine a laptop and school wireless network:whistle::innocent:

WRT
24th May 2006, 13:57
Just send Liam a box of beer and a blank DVD . . .

Two Smoker
24th May 2006, 15:22

You and your fucking backward ways out in yocal back blocks...

babyB
24th May 2006, 15:55
at a gess this is you

bugjuice
24th May 2006, 16:14
so from the amount of cameras people had, walking around, this is all the photos taken of the day?

saying that, I've got a few to post up tonight..

skelstar
24th May 2006, 16:15
Yeah, if anyone sees any of me on my Buell-lit Hornet give me a yell. Have seen yours babyB, and they are cool ta (except the one of my arse ;)).

MSTRS
24th May 2006, 16:20
at a gess this is you
That's them!! You don't have one of me do ya? Black/silver GSXR1100 2 up black gear. Same session.

WRT
24th May 2006, 16:22
Or a red/silver aprilia 2-up in the same session?

cowpoos
24th May 2006, 17:11
You and your fucking backward ways out in yocal back blocks...

your just jealous that I look fuckin hot in my leathers and you look like a tart!!! :nya:

Just send Liam a box of beer and a blank DVD . . .

I think he probally owes me a box of piss with all the photo oppertunities he was givin on saturday nite!!! infact I'm shitting ma self whats in them...erm...lol

Poo's you need to find a new job with a broadband connection you can take advantage of:blip: . I call mine a laptop and school wireless network:whistle::innocent:

but then I would earn fuck all money like you townie dip shits...and hav to pay rent and for meat and milk....I won't be able to afford a new road bike and a new chook chaser every two years....+ other toys!!!!!

Shit mate, I may have to burn some of my pron to cd for ya :msn-wink:

hello new best friend!!

babyB
24th May 2006, 17:18
2-up, this all i got sorry
lol threw in the blury one for free

(tis hard to get pis uploaded thanks xtra countryline.pm me with a mail addy or ask for cd)

MSTRS
24th May 2006, 17:25
Damn... we musta been the invisible man..

babyB
24th May 2006, 17:32
Damn... we musta been the invisible man..
lmao na just too fast to be cought on film by me
(i was riding too)

Toast
24th May 2006, 19:02
at a gess this is you

It looks like the rear is squatting hard under big acceleration...but with 25hp at the back wheel I don't think it is.

yungatart
24th May 2006, 19:15
It looks like the rear is squatting hard under big acceleration...but with 25hp at the back wheel I don't think it is.
I don't think it was the horsepower so much as the near 200 kg that poor li'l bike was lugging around!

Toast
24th May 2006, 19:42
Ah, finally got a pic of me riding :D

This one's of GSFBandit and myself battling it out again. What a bloody good larf. More fun being behind that man, as you get a complimentary fireworks display with every corner.

Thanks BabyB! :D

Not the most flattering pic, but it's better than other one of me running a mile wide in to the hairpin...again (not blaming the photographer :) )

Kornholio
24th May 2006, 19:44

^^ Im with Stupid^^

cowpoos
24th May 2006, 19:48
^^ Im with Stupid^^
you are fuckin stupid.....oh......and you can't wheelie for shit....sorri :nya:

WRT
25th May 2006, 09:16
Cheers for those pics, looks like I need some more preload on the rear before taking pillions!

bugjuice
25th May 2006, 09:19
looks like I need some more preload on the rear before taking pillions!
ooooooooooooo are you calling her fat?
wait til i see her next...

WRT
25th May 2006, 10:48
LOL - if I told her to stand side on to you, you wouldnt see her ;-)

Fat - pfft, if I called her fat she'd laugh in my face!

speights_bud
25th May 2006, 12:59
at a gess this is you

Yep sure is, cheers.
Green bling is already on its way:D

speights_bud
25th May 2006, 13:03
but then I would earn fuck all money like you townie dip shits...and hav to pay rent and for meat and milk....

Moi?? Not last time i looked, plenty of green grassy hills out the window, infact im sitting right on one:)

MSTRS
25th May 2006, 13:14
Moi?? Not last time i looked, plenty of green grassy hills out the window, infact im sitting right on one:)
...trying to get the desperately slow dial-up to work, whilst trying to phone a complaint to Telecom on the celly (no coverage)....

speights_bud
25th May 2006, 14:39
...trying to get the desperately slow dial-up to work, whilst trying to phone a complaint to Telecom on the celly (no coverage)....

Well at least im not a townie by poo's description:nya:

I wouldn't need the celly, got two phone lines:blip:
(but the cellular telephone does work.. in places...)

Rossi Gal
25th May 2006, 19:13
Maybe everyone could post their photos from the trackday here?

Here's the ones I took:
http://community.webshots.com/album/550594967wiEkoc

Rather than pick out the best ones I figured I'd just post pretty much all of them. Webshots makes it reasonably easy to browse the thumbnails and select particular photos to view fullsize.

hey i was wondering if theres any other way to access these picīs cos for some reason i cant get into the page... :(

Matt Bleck
25th May 2006, 19:15
ok y'all here are the pic's taken by SlickD.

Matt Bleck
25th May 2006, 19:28
If you would like prints of any of these please PM me or SlickD.

dss3
25th May 2006, 19:49
hey i was wondering if theres any other way to access these picīs cos for some reason i cant get into the page... :(

You just have to move the handy pointy thing over the linky thing, the press the button on the mousy thing... wallaaa your there! ;-) :blip:

Nah, dunno, link seems to work to me :blah:

Matt Bleck
25th May 2006, 19:58

Matt Bleck
25th May 2006, 20:19
For crying out loud are there any pictures of ME on MY bike, or is it all the other skinny white guy??

haha, here ya mate.

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 20:23
See what I mean....
if it helps....you acctually own the bike and he's fuckin jealous!!!!

kickingzebra
25th May 2006, 21:23
Sure he wasn't passing you?! :Pokey:

ZeroIndex
25th May 2006, 21:33
he did on the next lap and crashed on the hairpin.
ouch.. that's gotta suck..

kickingzebra
25th May 2006, 21:37
So does that count as a learn? And if so, who is the learner, and who is the learnee?

Motoracer
25th May 2006, 21:43
So does that count as a learn? And if so, who is the learner, and who is the learnee?

Yes it does. But a learn of what exactly is the question. The lession taught that time was, what exactly happens when you push beyond the bike/rider abbilites. The learner if you mean to refer to as a "teacher", would be the Clint dude on the KTM. The learnee is obviously Glen, aka Speed Medic.

Right, I'm off. Night folks..

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 21:45
you should know about learns by now lad??? P/T

kickingzebra
25th May 2006, 21:49
I know the recieveing end of the learn, but I learnt, therefore I am a learner, but I was learned, therefore, I am a learnee.

Or am I just swinging both ways Baybee....

Damn Rossi Gal and Keystone LOL!!!
Have to buy a big red fast car to regain a few inches...

White trash
25th May 2006, 21:52
Me likey this shot very much. Who took it? And can I have a high res please?

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 21:56
Me likey this shot very much. Who took it? And can I have a high res please?
priddy average if ya ask me.....hmmm

erik
25th May 2006, 22:04
Try the zip files attached to this message. I've resized all the images to 640x480 and upped the compression a bit. If you want any of them full size (1600x1200) pm me.

ok y'all here are the pic's taken by SlickD.
Nice photos :niceone:
There wouldn't happen to be any of a red bandit 400 would there?

White trash
25th May 2006, 22:10
priddy average if ya ask me.....hmmm
Difference is, my slightly deranged friend, is that if that was you, on your bike, it'd be taken a nano second before you cartwheeled off into the scenery.

Just call 'em as I see 'em.

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 22:20
Difference is, my slightly deranged friend, is that if that was you, on your bike, it'd be taken a nano second before you cartwheeled off into the scenery.

Just call 'em as I see 'em.
ah yes.....my estemed friend Mr Trash.....there would be a definate reason for my kart wheeling on the wouldn't there be....thank fuck I didn't!!!!!!!!!!

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 22:21
Buuuurrrrrrnnnnnnned.. mr poos.

your a bitch!

2much
25th May 2006, 22:34
haha, here ya mate.

Is that it?

Velox
26th May 2006, 18:47
Cool - thanks r4q2!!!

Rossi Gal
28th May 2006, 17:37
You just have to move the handy pointy thing over the linky thing, the press the button on the mousy thing... wallaaa your there! ;-) :blip:

Nah, dunno, link seems to work to me :blah:

Ya bloody cheeky lil Muppet!!! :blah:

Arven
31st May 2006, 11:52
So has liam posted his 4gig of photo's anywhere yet?? I'm hanging out for some pics of me! :)

I've not seen them anywheres... I'm waiting for some pics as well :)

erik
31st May 2006, 16:23
He told me last week that he was real busy at work and would do them in the weekend. Maybe he's been busy in the weekend too? I'm waiting to see them as well.

Mental Trousers
31st May 2006, 16:34
lemme guess, Liam got 4GB of the lens cap??

kickingzebra
31st May 2006, 16:51
Yeah, ok, whatever, but it is a very high definition lens cap in its defence!!

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 20:50
Sorry, got side tracked...

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:01
and a few more

Any of a green ZXR?

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:10
and some more...

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:16
These are the only ZXR's with green I've got pics of and I don't think they are of you sorry mate.

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:28
and so on .

These are the only ZXR's with green I've got pics of and I don't think they are of you sorry mate.

Nah not me... cheers anyhow..

Toast
31st May 2006, 21:28
Hey r4q2, got any of a 929 'Blade? Colour kinda blueish black.

Cheers if ya have.

Some fine photography there. Especially the ones of DSS on his R1, and Stroud with some silver Gix, LooseBruce I assume.

Good stuff :niceone:

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:34

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:42
some of the lunch time entertainment...

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 21:51
little bit blurry....

bugjuice
31st May 2006, 22:00
awesome shots there..

i just don't understand how you can crank it over this far (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33683&d=1149068035) and trust the rubber that much!

But looking at my shot, I'm not doing too badly in the 'position' way of things

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 22:00
found some more of ya speedie

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 22:12
blah blah blah

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 22:23
pillion session

Matt Bleck
31st May 2006, 22:35
thats about all folk's the rest are pretty much double ups of certain riders. So if slickd missed you, I'll give em a slap round the ears for ya!

If want a high-res version, or a print of any drop me a PM.

boomer
31st May 2006, 22:56
Jill.. as promised ( no real good action shots as we had no zoom :( )

Spidi girls in action

1 of 3....

boomer
31st May 2006, 23:05
2 of 3

10 chars

boomer
31st May 2006, 23:06
last 1....

Keystone19
1st June 2006, 07:56
Thanks Booomer! Looks like we were having fun anyway!

Hey Cibby, is this the 'look ma, no hands shot'?

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 08:24
Awesome shots r4q2/SlickD
SlickD, are you a professional photographer? If not, you should be!
:niceone:

MSTRS
1st June 2006, 08:44
One of us!! Thanks r4q2.

Two Smoker
1st June 2006, 08:47
awesome shots there..

i just don't understand how you can crank it over this far (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33683&d=1149068035) and trust the rubber that much!

But looking at my shot, I'm not doing too badly in the 'position' way of things

You can actually go over a little bit further than that....

And thanks r4q2 finally got a photo of myself :tugger: hehehe

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33743&d=1149071622

ManDownUnder
1st June 2006, 12:52
Spidi girls in action

Sex on wheels!

:niceone:

skelstar
1st June 2006, 13:09
Cheers SlickD/r4q2. Like my photo heaps. I think I must be heavily under brakes in that shot.

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 13:24
lovin the body position in this shot!
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33741&d=1149071622
who is it?

Pebbles
1st June 2006, 13:54
Hi All, I've only just recently joined the KB and am just finding my way around the site. Takes me awhile to find stuff. I am very impressed with the photo's that were taken just yesterday on the full track, jsut awesome. I was there too, just puttering along on my blue VFR feeling like I was just standing still..:) But it was a great day, with the weather just prefect. Bit of a bummer that I got a flat back tyre just in the first session, but thanks to Chris who organised it so I could get my tyre fixed straight away I only missed out on 1 session, I really appreciated your help! THANK YOU!! It's just fantastic being able to use the whole track, yesterday was my 4th time on the Taupo track and I thoroughly enjoyed it! So much that I decided to ride home instead of putting the bike in the van. Nice weather - no cops - what else would you want when you go for a bike ride ah? Thanks also to all the people who organised yesterday as it was superb. Cheers for now ( P.s: does anybody take photo's of slow riders???) :)

Keystone19
1st June 2006, 13:59
Welcome Pebbles.

I didn't think you looked too slow out there at all! You were looking really smooth and like you were having fun. By the end of the day you were looking like you had gained heaps of confidence.

Well done!

Rosie
1st June 2006, 14:03
( P.s: does anybody take photo's of slow riders???) :)

BabyB's photos had a few of the slow group. Even some of me :D

Rosie
1st June 2006, 14:07
lovin the body position in this shot!
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33741&d=1149071622
who is it?

Clint's brother in law Brad. He joined kiwibiker just to come to the track day I think. Looks like he was being extra careful with his wife's bike :innocent:

skelstar
1st June 2006, 14:08
Pebbles - I was riding behind you for a bit at Trackday3 and thought you werent riding slow at all. You finding your riding improving?

Awesome, 4 times on the track...lucky.

kiwifruit
1st June 2006, 14:10
yeah, you were going well Pebbles!
Id say you were lapping faster than my mum who has more track experience
(dont tell her i told you!)
Im working on getting the complete set of pics from the day
will let you know soon about pics of you :)

Allan

Pebbles
1st June 2006, 15:26
ta for your kind words, just feels like I'm going like a turtle, especially when I'm standing watching the fast group, don't know how they manage not to fall off... suppose practice ah? I do think I'm improving though, and I do feel alot more confident towards the end of the day, so I will keep on plodding on. :)

Mental Trousers
1st June 2006, 16:04
Practice, confidence and knowledge Pebbles. You'll get there, you just have to avoid thinking you can't do it.

Yeh I was in the same group as you Pebbles... on the Green ZXR... looks like you were using the power well and taking off into the straights, but slowing down a lot more than you needed to in the corners.

Just practice and confidence as others have said, it'll come with time...

HDTboy
1st June 2006, 17:07
Practice, confidence and knowledge Pebbles.
That and a certain amount of madness, huh?

FROSTY
1st June 2006, 19:43
ohh and pebbles--the offer to take your viffer for a spin--it stands :innocent:

Pebbles
2nd June 2006, 08:54
Well, i should get lots more riding in in the weekend, as you all say: it will come with practise, so i will work on that, ah and the madness, well maybe age and kids are holding me back as well as the fact that i like to keep my bike in 1 piece... cheers :)

Jonty
2nd June 2006, 09:20
Thanks r4q2 great to find one shot of the stead!

Pebbles
2nd June 2006, 09:42
Cool, i just booked myself in for a session with Tricia, so that should improve my riding ah? really looking forward to it :)