PDA

View Full Version : So what happened ....

Mental Trousers
22nd May 2006, 20:49
There was only me riding down from Hamilton and only SpankMe from Auckland on Saturday. Wtf is up with that?? We had a really good ride down there (I think SpankMe has a new favourite road to Taupo). Took us 1.5 hours from Whatawhata to the motel. The weather rocked, the road was empty of traffic and it was a great day for a ride.

erik
22nd May 2006, 21:38
makes me think I should've gone with you guys.
I had some stuff to do in the morning and figured I didn't have to be in taupo till the evening, so I left around 2pm. I took SH22 and some other back roads to huntly, then just sh1b to cambridge and the main routes to taupo since I'm not familiar with any alternate routes.

NinjaBoy
22nd May 2006, 22:11
11.30 meet was a little too early for me. I needed to get some family stuff squared away. Although I didn't ride down alone... thanks for the company Leong.

Had good ride from Botany Downs through Hunua rd to SH2, SH27 and turn off at Matamata to take a detour through Old Taupo rd. All up 3 hours travel time.

kickingzebra
22nd May 2006, 22:15
Van!!
10 chars

ZeroIndex
23rd May 2006, 00:01
I'm saving up for gear, so didn't have funds to get down to watch..

skelstar
23rd May 2006, 09:27
And only four of us from Welly (not including the legend Sugilite from Danevirk-istan).

Kornholio
23rd May 2006, 12:36
Van!!

Hehe...we had trailer and cosy cage to get there in :D

Summer would be a different story :doobey:

Toast
23rd May 2006, 14:35
There was only me riding down from Hamilton and only SpankMe from Auckland on Saturday. Wtf is up with that?? We had a really good ride down there (I think SpankMe has a new favourite road to Taupo). Took us 1.5 hours from Whatawhata to the motel. The weather rocked, the road was empty of traffic and it was a great day for a ride.

Care to share that route? I might be heading down to Taupo in a couple of months.

As for not riding down, sleeping in the back of BJ's car with the heater on full blast was kinda nice actually :)

Maybe next time I'll do a 5am mission on the bike though...using the fast forward button once away from SH1.

Mental Trousers
23rd May 2006, 18:29
Ummm, ok.

Whatawhata
Head south
Turn left at the Te Awamutu sign 3k south of Ngahinepouri
Follow that straight into Te Awamutu
Turn left at intersection you come to
Turn right at the 2n roundabout and head for Kihikihi
Head out to Kihikihi
Turn left at the Putaruru sign opposite the pub/Challenge servo
Turn right at the Mangakino sign
You'll find a Cafe out in the middle of nowhere
2k past the Cafe is the next sign for Mangakino
Cop free zone until Whakamaru
Turn right at Whakamaru
Turn left at Taupo sign

I had a picture that I knocked up for a friend who couldn't follow directions and had to have a picture. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Hey I found it!!

EDIT2: Did it with AA maps (http://www.aamaps.co.nz/) if you want to match that up with an actual map

Waylander
23rd May 2006, 18:46
I'm saving up for gear, so didn't have funds to get down to watch..
Pfft. I still made it.

boomer
23rd May 2006, 19:06
the cage with the kids and Mrs was much more relaxing :whocares:

ZeroIndex
23rd May 2006, 19:30
Pfft. I still made it.
but you have something that will sit at a 100 with no problem whatsoever.. and besides.. I'm trying to save up gear - hoping to get gear this Thursday :)

Waylander
24th May 2006, 17:32
but you have something that will sit at a 100 with no problem whatsoever.. and besides.. I'm trying to save up gear - hoping to get gear this Thursday :)
I didn't take my bike. Went with someone that lived nearby and was taking thier cage.