PDA

View Full Version : TD4 discussion thread

FROSTY
31st January 2006, 07:20
OK you lot call me frigging insane. Ive decided to make TD4 FULL TRACK and have pencil booked it
BUT I NEED a lot of you to put your money where your mouths are.
So come on guys and gals --now you know --FULL TRACK IT IS

FROSTY
8th April 2006, 18:45
Folks Now we are pretty well fullup for Track day 3
I'm now taking bookings for TD4
PLEASE make sure you note your payment is for TD4 not TD.3
First in first served

FROSTY
9th April 2006, 09:16
Im told by november we will have garages to use as our pits area.

cowpoos
9th April 2006, 11:31
its 7 months away man... that like more than half a year...

FROSTY
9th April 2006, 18:34
And your point is poos??
I got a bit of the ol "ohhh I diddn't know " from some peps so I figured post it up now for those that want to be 100% sure of a place

cowpoos
9th April 2006, 21:12
And your point is poos??
I got a bit of the ol "ohhh I diddn't know " from some peps so I figured post it up now for those that want to be 100% sure of a place
I doubt those people would remeber in 7mnths anyway....but fair call...

any expectation's of the weather on the 4th?

Mental Trousers
9th April 2006, 21:34
any expectation's of the weather on the 4th?

I'm guessing there'll be some.

VasalineWarrior
9th April 2006, 21:40
Hey Frosty-I know it would probabaly be a bitch to organise, but is there any chance of doing something at manfield or pukekohe for a future trackday?

cowpoos
9th April 2006, 21:44
Hey Frosty-I know it would probabaly be a bitch to organise, but is there any chance of doing something at manfield or pukekohe for a future trackday?
fuck yeah....manfield would be a good track day!

Mental Trousers
9th April 2006, 22:31
Any idea when they're gonna get around to resurfacing Manfield?? It's a kickarse track but the surface was shiite

cowpoos
9th April 2006, 22:58
Any idea when they're gonna get around to resurfacing Manfield?? It's a kickarse track but the surface was shiite
don't be a nana.....

FROSTY
10th April 2006, 08:18
Mate after TS's um "incident' -with full bales and marshalling has me thjinking pukihole is a no go.
Manfeild is gonna happen--basicly I want to get the formula bang on then look elsewhere

VasalineWarrior
10th April 2006, 16:45
Mate after TS's um "incident' -with full bales and marshalling has me thjinking pukihole is a no go.
Manfeild is gonna happen--basicly I want to get the formula bang on then look elsewhere

Yeah sounds like these taupo jokers keep giving you the run around with the prices. As far as I know though theres bugger all going on at manfield far as open days for bikes in the next 6 months, and would be ultra keen to get on there. Cant afford the gas to get to puke anyway :violin:

FROSTY
10th April 2006, 18:41
Vasaline ---just let me get the formula right for you guys and I PROMISE there will be a lot more track days happening.
Watch this space--FROSTYs track days country wide -coming in 2007

skelstar
11th April 2006, 09:00
This sounds good.
Thought that my ambition next year would be to ride on all the main tracks in a calendar year...(Puke, Taupo, Manf, Levels, Ruapuna...).

Mental Trousers
11th April 2006, 10:16
don't be a nana.....

Hey, I'll be there mate. And I'll make sure the walking stick is polished and ready beat you over the head with. And Barbie the mobility scooter will be ready to go too.

loosebruce
13th April 2006, 16:53
You gonna run full track for this one Tony, it'd be fucken worth it, the new short is cool but yea, the full track is the bizzo, maybe extend out to slightly more riders, i'd pay upto $120 if it was full, ditch the ambo to keep costs down, if you're dumb enough to crash you can wait, plus im sure Speed or Riffy will be about to keep the muppet in check, stuff food, just supply water and coffee and let everyone sort themselves out.

GO FULL TRACK

Drunken Monkey
13th April 2006, 18:03
Yeah, what he said ^^^^^^^

FROSTY
22nd April 2006, 07:41
Guys -lets see how this one goes first hu??
I want to do the very best for as many riders as I can

Fatjim
22nd April 2006, 08:03
Good on ya Frosty.

FROSTY
4th May 2006, 08:39
I know its 6 months away but the last one filled up pretty fast too.
If you definitely wanna go I'd pay The full 100 but if you aren't certain you can just pay the $50.00 deposit

kiwifruit
11th May 2006, 10:38
the full track is the way to go frosty :yes:

RiderInBlack
11th May 2006, 11:08
Might do this one, but really hoping for a proper skills taining day (eg: Braking practice, Instructed riding/corning feed back, etc). Is that likely ta be a go soon?

I'm in this one for sure... should have a bigger bike by then :D

Will deposit dough when my bank manager lets me...

Titanium
21st May 2006, 18:43
I would pay more buck$ for the full track...... it would be a buzz.

Peter:2thumbsup

FROSTY
22nd May 2006, 22:32
Im going to make a decision re full or new within 2 weeks --anyone wanting in no matter what put your deposit money in

Mental Trousers
22nd May 2006, 23:02
I'm in no matter what ..... except I won't be putting the deposit in until after the Manfield training day in a month.

Toast
23rd May 2006, 14:44
I vote full too (not that anyone asked).

I reckon that if we increase the number of places, the cost shouldn't go up too much.

I didn't find the medium or the fast group to be overcrowded on the short track in TD3, so the full track could definitely hold 100 or more of us broken in to 4 sessions I reckon.

loosebruce
23rd May 2006, 15:45
Im going to make a decision re full or new within 2 weeks --anyone wanting in no matter what put your deposit money in

Put up a poll and let the people speak, also secondary poll as to how much one would be willing to pay, if it was to extend to full track. Kinda ironic that the one time we needed the ambo it had gone already!

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 15:50
please folks --The track day WILL happen but I need recovery time here from TD3 ---pay DEPOSITS ONLY if you want in no matter what -I need to discuss the whole full track/new track issue with my team to decide if we are up to the logistics of more entrys/more bikes -more lunches etc etc

Gixxer 4 ever
23rd May 2006, 16:31
Money is in Frosty. Come on you lot pay up. :innocent:

babyB
23rd May 2006, 21:40
would love to be in to but i will have to wait and see where ill b

ZeroIndex
23rd May 2006, 22:39
Hopefully I will get to the next track day to watch, or if my new saving scam works, I may even have a bike that would be able to achieve speeds above that of the pit lane

You should bring the work bike ;)

ZeroIndex
23rd May 2006, 23:10
You should bring the work bike ;)
If someone lent my pants with knee sliders, i WILL put my knee down on my CT110.. even with the panniers on..

Titanium
24th May 2006, 18:36
Deposit paid for TD4.

Cheers

Peter

madboy
24th May 2006, 20:13
I could well be keen. Will confirm and pay later.

Frosty, appreciate now is probably not the time that you'll be thinking too hard about the next one. But bikers are supposed to be a hardcore crew. My preference is for the bare basics and a full track. I do classify ambo as a basic though. Sure, I'd do it without ambo onsite, but I can understand for liability and safety reasons why one is necessary. Spend your time and money on the full track, we can pack our own food, clean up our own rubbish etc. Most of us are adults!!

Gazzar
24th May 2006, 20:32
As i misted out on td3 i am going to be at td4 so hope to pay up with in the next week or two:yes:
FROSTY i hope you are takeing it easy :rockon:

NinjaBoy
24th May 2006, 22:17
Spend your time and money on the full track, we can pack our own food, clean up our own rubbish etc. Most of us are adults!!

Being the trackday Junkie I am (TD3 was number 6 this year) IMHO the price is on par if not cheaper than most events I've been too. Also the provided lunch is a great idea. Unless the track has on-site catering that sells other than "deep fried" stuff, its a real hassle to nip out and find food, eat it and get back before your next session.

skelstar
25th May 2006, 09:29
Pah. If you can get gas on the way to the track, then you can get food on the way too.

Jonty
25th May 2006, 09:52
Pah. If you can get gas on the way to the track, then you can get food on the way too.

Except Weasel and that dodgy card of hers

Morepower
25th May 2006, 20:57
Hey frosty just sent my $$$ :rockon:

Velox
26th May 2006, 18:40
Except Weasel and that dodgy card of hers
Oi...:nono:

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 14:12
are you gunna be wearing your bartar bullets again....coz I hav a new joke about them I feel I will hav to share....

skelstar
31st May 2006, 14:25
Your jokes are few and far between poos, are you sure you can wait until November?

cowpoos
31st May 2006, 14:35
it
ll work better in person....u jst wanna here it doncha!!

Str8 Jacket
31st May 2006, 14:40
Anyone from Wgtn planning on taking a trailer up that would fit my teeny tiny lil bike on it too? I really really really really really really really really really want to go to this track day but cannot afford or justify riding the poor ol KR up to Taupo and back....

FROSTY
1st June 2006, 19:49
Full track it is then

Mental Trousers
1st June 2006, 20:05
Mint. Won't be depositing money until after the Shaun/Jason/Andrew day.

justsomeguy
1st June 2006, 20:14
Full track it is then

I'm in.

loosebruce
2nd June 2006, 15:50
Nice one Tony, knew you'd see the light mate. :rockon:

GR81
2nd June 2006, 15:58
Brakes to work propperly front and rear.
natural selection if they dont! hahaha

FROSTY
2nd June 2006, 17:30
GR---well basicly if theres any dodgy bits then there will be one very sad biker cos they wont be riding till theyre fixed

Titanium
2nd June 2006, 17:55
Fantastic....... Just the cats PJ's

And the price is?

Cheers

Peter

Same price more people?

raster
2nd June 2006, 18:53
Bigger track!!!!! take me half an hour instead of 10 minutes to get around.

FROSTY
3rd June 2006, 08:14
Yea thats the reason I booked full actually--Its so big with so many corners its almost like being on the road

_Gina_
3rd June 2006, 08:32
Hey Frosty

Can you PM your bank account number please?

Gg

RiderInBlack
3rd June 2006, 10:03
Hey Frosty

Can you PM your bank account number please?

Gghttp://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=493206&postcount=2:blip:

Gixxer 4 ever
3rd June 2006, 11:59
YEA man. :yes: This is shaping up to be a good karma day.:blah:
I can feel it in the air tonight..............hold on, hold on

justsomeguy
3rd June 2006, 12:17
Bigger track!!!!! take me half an hour instead of 10 minutes to get around.

Should take you no more than 2min 10 secs on the Duc.:first:

_Gina_
3rd June 2006, 14:21
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=493206&postcount=2:blip:
HAHAHAHA

It was obviously Waaaaay too early for this girl

Thanx RIB

krash69
3rd June 2006, 15:34
can one legged idiots cum watch...hehehehe

Kornholio
3rd June 2006, 20:57
can one legged idiots cum watch...hehehehe

Its in November mate.....you'll be able to ride it yourself :scooter:

madboy
3rd June 2006, 21:21
Anyone from Wgtn planning on taking a trailer up that would fit my teeny tiny lil bike on it too? I really really really really really really really really really want to go to this track day but cannot afford or justify riding the poor ol KR up to Taupo and back....95% chance I'll be there (2% is allowing for the actuarial expectations that I will have died a horrible death during a police chase that I deliberately incited because I was bored, 2% is allowing for the bike to be otherwise damaged/broken at the time and 1% is because my partner and I are flying on Sept 11 in the USA). And if we're there we'll be trailering it up. If we were taking the station wagon I'd offer to chuck your bike in the boot with the luggage, but it'll be my parents sedan that has the towbar, so we'll have to tie your bike down really well so it doesn't blow away when we hit 87k on the big downhill section of the desert road.

Seriously, we'll prob do what we did last time which was leave Sat lunchtime-ish, stay at Camelia, shag in the hotpools and come back Sunday after trackday. Let me know nearer the time if you're keen.

krash69
4th June 2006, 03:56
Its in November mate.....you'll be able to ride it yourself :scooter:

hehehehe we will sea matey......:wait:

phantom
4th June 2006, 13:26
I'll be there , old Willy the '88 GB400 will just watch the young whippersnappers scream round and round wearing themselves out while he regales the populace with stories about how fast he was when he was younger while sipping on a single malt and reclining in a comfy chair. But seriously Frosty if you want to put me on a list of useless riders but might come in handy helping out, I'm your man

Edbear
4th June 2006, 16:43
I'll be there , old Willy the '88 GB400 will just watch the young whippersnappers scream round and round wearing themselves out while he regales the populace with stories about how fast he was when he was younger while sipping on a single malt and reclining in a comfy chair. But seriously Frosty if you want to put me on a list of useless riders but might come in handy helping out, I'm your man

Hey Phantom! How's ya doin'? Healed up and feeling more like your old self?:first:

FROSTY
4th June 2006, 17:35
phantom--mate you are more than welcolm
Ill keep ya in mind and send you a pm later

Quasievil
4th June 2006, 22:06
Im In frosty will spot you some coin soon dude. might bring the little 400 again

dss3
4th June 2006, 22:22
...just posting here so I don't forget about this, will pay soon...

phantom
5th June 2006, 09:10
Hey Phantom! How's ya doin'? Healed up and feeling more like your old self?:first:
Yeah I'm up and about and feelin fine, got some awesome scars and still a bit sore but at least the ticker is still working. Been for a couple of shortish rides but work, visitors and weather are going against me

boomer
5th June 2006, 09:26
deposit paid Tony:scooter:

Kornholio
7th June 2006, 21:36
deposit paid Tony:scooter:

I thought you were off to Oz for a while Dunc, or you shipping your bike back for trackday :D

boomer
7th June 2006, 22:30
I thought you were off to Oz for a while Dunc, or you shipping your bike back for trackday :D

I'll be using yours since you can't :nya:

heheheh only plans at this stage no set dates

Gixxer 4 ever
30th July 2006, 12:06
We dropped in to the track yesterday. 29 July. Fogged in. The Taupo car club was on the track. I note some ground work around the pit lane but not to much going on. Three containers stacked as an aerial office to view the track and a start finish box. They still have a lot to do but the track surface looked great. What we could see of it with the fog. So book your space for the track day. It is going to be a great day. The track surface is looking better by the month.

At least it should be warm this time... damn it was cold in May...

Gixxer 4 ever
31st July 2006, 12:37
At least it should be warm this time... damn it was cold in May...
Yep May is winter. Taupo in winter is not a nice place unless you want to play in da snow. We have a high of 17 today and sun shine here in the Bay. I sense spring is in the air :blip:
Well that is good cos I will need new rubber for the TD so I need fine days to wear these ones out. Works for me.:innocent:

sels1
10th August 2006, 08:25

Will be good t see you there, mate. In fact touch base closer to the time, we could ride up together.