PDA

View Full Version : Wanted CT110

Pickle
13th May 2004, 18:52
I want to buy a number of Honda CT110's anyone got one lying about doing nothing? I dont care too much about the condition so long as it runs.
Must be cheap! :scooter:

Two Smoker
13th May 2004, 19:03
I want to buy a number of Honda CT110's anyone got one lying about doing nothing? I dont care too much about the condition so long as it runs.
I hear to buy them they a pretty expensive (recent road models)......

Milky
13th May 2004, 21:02
go on TS... sell him your postie bike and just tell your boss that you lost it on your last run :shifty: i am sure they will believe you... I makes you a quick couple of dollars too :)

White trash
14th May 2004, 07:37

Doug, gonna come and do a bit of stunting :laugh:

Pickle
16th May 2004, 17:24
Na its going to be my new touring bike.

merv
17th May 2004, 12:42
Great and you can keep to the speed limit easily huh!

Two Smoker
17th May 2004, 12:46
Na its going to be my new touring bike.Touring Bike:gob: !!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy....... They do mean wheelies though, i had a good 11 oclock wheelie going, but forgot to secure the magazines on the front :doh: consequence, magazines hitting me in the chest and landing all over the road, and me having to put down a mint wheelie:weep: ........

Pickle
17th May 2004, 18:31
Yep touring bike, it seems the rest of the road going traffic is only doing 70kmh, so a CT110 should be great.
Dont know how fast or should that be slow they go so could be interesting, should see plenty of sights. :scooter: :confused2

F5 Dave
17th May 2004, 18:33
Yeah been down that path, as you probably know Mr T has one as his adventure bike. Sounded like a silly idea to me :scooter: , so set off trying to get one meself. :sunny:

Went auctioning & after much insider trading research :yeah: about which ex NZ post bikes were in best condition targeted the 2 or 3 of the 6 I wanted. PS the 12V ones have heavy duty spokes etc but the 6V ones have hi/low ratio which seemed the go for the ‘dirt action’ - Oooher :buggerd:

Anyway some cretin bought them all for well more than $600 each. :brick:

Pickle
17th May 2004, 18:37
Yep been checking out auctions as well, but nothing about. There are supposed to be some coming up in Akl. expected to sell for upwards of $800 which is far too much

Two Smoker
17th May 2004, 18:37
Yep touring bike, it seems the rest of the road going traffic is only doing 70kmh, so a CT110 should be great.
Dont know how fast or should that be slow they go so could be interesting, should see plenty of sights. :scooter: :confused2
Ive wound a CT110 up too 92 kmh (on a slight downhill) but they will do 80-85 along the flat ground :niceone: i heard of some guys doing a tour on a couple of CT110's, they were extremely reliable and robust :niceone: