PDA

View Full Version : bears at ruapuna may23rd

steve k
13th May 2004, 19:25
Hi all. first time poster. can anyone tell me if you can enter on the day for the bears meeting at ruapuna on the 23rd. will be my first time out and thoroughly looking forward to it. cheers

Kickaha
17th May 2004, 18:27
All the Bears meetings except sound of Thunder are entry on the day,so long as you have a current competition licence it's not a problem.

What class do are you intending to ride in?

steve k
21st May 2004, 22:22
thanks for the info. will be running in the cams races. bike no is 144. will be my first time out so should make for an interesting day :ride:

Kickaha
21st May 2004, 22:46
thanks for the info. will be running in the cams races. bike no is 144. will be my first time out so should make for an interesting day :ride:

I'll be running Bucket #83 and Ducati 400 #83,I will come say hello!

k14
21st May 2004, 23:22
I'll try and pop out for a watch. What time does it start/finish?? I'll come and say hi aswell.

steve k
22nd May 2004, 17:01
kicks off at 12pm. will keep an eye out for you both.

k14
23rd May 2004, 17:55
Well that was a fun way to spend my afternoon, even though it was freezing cold. Great to meet steve and kickaha and watch them race, also saw dangerous out there.

Kickaha was going pretty good untill in the third race when his exhust pipe fell off on the 3rd lap, lol, but all was right.

Will definately come and watch again in a few weeks.

Kickaha
23rd May 2004, 19:55
Poxy Ducati I was meant to be racing fried some electrics on lap two of practice so that was out for the day

I was doing ok in the first one to,lying second and closing down first until the pipe dug in as I tipped into the dipper and I ended up on my arse,lucky the bike kept running and I still finished third,the wrist got a bit of a hammering though and is now swollen and sore

Finished the day second on points so it wasn't all bad,although it took me a couple of laps to work out the funny noise my exhaust dragging on the ground in the third race,I think the excursion over the ripple strip may have contributed to that

Nice to meet Stevek,Dangerous and K14 as well

Kickaha
24th May 2004, 14:45
Well it turns out the reason my wrist was so swollen and sore was because it was a little bit broken,so I am now in plaster up to the elbow for the next 6 weeks.

Ufortunately my gloves wont fit over the plaster so I will miss at least one round of the series :(

Ghost Lemur
24th May 2004, 14:58
Sorry to hear that kickaha. Have a speedy recovery.

Love how you call it a little break. :killingme

FROSTY
24th May 2004, 16:04
Well it turns out the reason my wrist was so swollen and sore was because it was a little bit broken,so I am now in plaster up to the elbow for the next 6 weeks.

Ufortunately my gloves wont fit over the plaster so I will miss at least one round of the series :(
Ill send you down some cast cutters -off for the racing back on for the rest of the time--all good :scooter:

steve k
24th May 2004, 17:33
thats no good. it was good to meet you along with k14 and dangerous.

well my first day out was a mixed bag. had an ignition problem. managed to get 10 laps in though. its the first time ive been around corners on a bike for about 4 years. throughly enjoyed myself. got a bit to work on for the next meeting though

Ms Piggy
24th May 2004, 17:46
Love how you call it a little break. :killingme

He is the master of understating things :bleh:

Get better soon!! :2thumbsup

LB
25th May 2004, 05:08
Really sorry to hear about the broken wrist Kickaha. Speedy recovery. I hope the Ducati's okay......you don't seem to be having much luck lately with Ducatis at the Dipper do you :eek5:

k14
25th May 2004, 09:04
He was on his bucket when he crashed, the duc blew something early in the morning and wouldn't start again.

But breaking the wrist sucks, atleast its your left one :msn-wink:

Kickaha
25th May 2004, 10:40
Ill send you down some cast cutters -off for the racing back on for the rest of the time--all good :scooter:

I'll wait and see if the fibreglass one is better,we might pull the lining out of a touring glove and try that,dunno how I'll get past sign in though.

The Ducati crapped it's electrics on lap 2 of the first practice,so I didn't have time to crash it.

If anyone has got a wiring diagram for a 1989 Ducati 400 F3 it would be much appreciated,I can't find one on the net anywhere and we need to make up a more basic loom as the one on it is a right birds nest..

LB
25th May 2004, 17:24
If anyone has got a wiring diagram for a 1989 Ducati 400 F3 it would be much appreciated,I can't find one on the net anywhere and we need to make up a more basic loom as the one on it is a right birds nest..
I'll see if I can get a message sent out via the DOCNZ email list, and hopefully someone in that group may have one.

Kickaha
25th May 2004, 19:41
I'll see if I can get a message sent out via the DOCNZ email list, and hopefully someone in that group may have one.

could you also ask if someone has the standard idle jet,main jet,needle spec's as well as its not jetted right either.

Thanks

dangerous
25th May 2004, 21:41
thats no good. it was good to meet you along with k14 and dangerous.

Hay, and it was good to meet you lot too that CB350 a twin I might add is a bloody credit to ya nice job Steve.

Kickaha, I cant wait to see the CB100 turby running how far do ya recon you'll be able to wheely it? and your wrist dident look all that bad ;)

steve k
25th May 2004, 22:10
cheers for that dangerous. will post a pic when i get round to it. it was great to get it out of the workshop and on to the track after 3 long years of putting it together. still got plenty to work on but it was a valuable shakedown for both machine and rider.