PDA

View Full Version : Track day 3 -a tiny whinge

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 16:31
Sorry for ANOTHER thread about TD3. Im hoping all will read and just take on board a couple of small issues.

1) RED/CHEQURED FLAGS--some people kept going after the chequred flag was waved and in one case involving 3 bikes whilst RED flags were waving.
I DO NOT want finger pointing but please Im trying to keep you lot safe and be fair to everyone.The scareyest moment of the whole day for me was being on the track in the recovery van and being passed not once but twice by bikes. The most frustrating was having to hold up the next group whilst I waited for you folk to get back to the pits 1 or two laps after the session had ended

2) Bikes--One or two bikes were not up to WOF standards and WILL NOT be allowed on the track next time.

3) RUBBISH--it was a fair ol shambles after most of you had gone -food wrappers and paper everywhere--Please clean up ya mess when you pack up. Thanks DRACO for being a one woman clean up crew

4) drinks payment --um lots of drinks went but only a few got paid for -

Fatjim
23rd May 2006, 17:05
Good day, hope we didn't take too much gloss off.

I'll be taking a rubbish bag next time, as I didn't see any bins.

I got confused with the reds once, went in for a rad after a bin, went round and was let out again only to face another red flag straight away. I didn't know what was going on. Just bad timing I think as another bike was parked up.

BTW, thanks again Frosty.

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 17:16
JIM ---NO gloss taken off at all - I'm 99% stoked ---but these things make my and the teams job a lot harder on the day

Fatjim
23rd May 2006, 17:23
Just noticed you've made about 20 times the posts I have. What a strange coincidence as I think thats our age ratio as well.

Good on you mate. If you want a hand for the next one let me know.

Yeh, I couldn't see any bins around either, but just took the rubbish with me when I left.

Might be an idea for next time to have a few black bags tied up somewhere for people to dump the rubbish in.

Joni
23rd May 2006, 17:30
Yeah and not a good thing that one member had to clean up after all of us... thanks Draco :sunny:

chanceyy
23rd May 2006, 17:33
Hi Frosty

Dunno if this helps but our local carter holt harvey plant (in Levin) has cardboard rubbish bins that they have donated in the past before ..

would you like me to make some enquiries for you

the boxes are clearly marked as rubbish bins .. may make it easier than plastic bags

cheers Chanceyy

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 17:35
Re bins guys--i do agree they should have been provided . Its one of the things I e mailed the track owners about today.
Next time there will be bins and a oil spill clean up kit and fire extinquishers bigger than the one in my van. Also I mentioned the paint on the pit straight entry corners was slippery when it was a bit damp

Jonty
23rd May 2006, 17:42
Hey Frosty

It was a fantastic day and well organised. However, in terms of the flags issue, I suspect the whole "stationary yellow" vs "waving yellow" is a little confusing especially when the marshalls don't have a steady hand.

A few of us weren't sure if once you see a yellow you can cross the checkered before you have to exit or whether you exit straight away.

I think it may be an idea to have a different colour for final lap (i.e., the standard white flag). If this is the case then there is no confusion. Also I think a little confusion was had becuase the waving yellow was basically never employed and it seemed that every "off" warranted a red.

Irrespective there is no compliants here only suggestions. Thanks again for a great day.

Two Smoker
23rd May 2006, 17:43
Also I mentioned the paint on the pit straight entry corners was slippery when it was a bit damp

And that black stuff that covers up the old white line on the front straight... Everytime i hit that on the R6 i had wheelspin...

A few of us weren't sure if once you see a yellow you can cross the checkered before you have to exit or whether you exit straight away.

Yeh that was another one that got me...

If the yellow flag goes up as you are halfway around a lap, do you go in straigh away, or does it only count once you've gone past the chequered flag?

James Deuce
23rd May 2006, 17:58
What a strange coincidence as I think thats our age ratio as well.

I think the size ratio is in Frosty's favour though, eh?

Colapop
23rd May 2006, 17:59
Jim ate all the pies!!

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 18:15
Yea jonty--you buggas kept crashing and staying there laying on the track:shake:
Ive never seen the red used so much

boomer
23rd May 2006, 18:39
well.. i'll be the first to put my hand up and apologise for my indiscretion(s) on teh track. Sorry Frosty and the guys in the fast group i may have held up whilst 'Being in the Zone' ( Cheers Bruce..you know why :blip: )

MY BAD!!!!

As for rubbish.. Weasel, i know you're a Ford man but my Holdens not a dumping ground :p

i also need to apologise to SpeedMedic for my undertaking into the hairpin.

Apologise over.. :drinkup: :drinkup:

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 18:47
well.. i'll be the first to put my hand up and apologise for my indiscretion(s) on teh track. Sorry Frosty and the guys in the fast group i may have held up whilst 'Being in the Zone' ( Cheers Bruce..you know why :blip: )

MY BAD!!!!

As for rubbish.. Weasel, i know you're a Ford man but my Holdens not a dumping ground :p

i also need to apologise to SpeedMedic for my undertaking into the hairpin.

Apologise over.. :drinkup: :drinkup:
and I'll apologise to you boomer for cutting your face with cheese cake...but I think you owe me an apologie for the amount of tui you spilt!!!

boomer
23rd May 2006, 19:04
and I'll apologise to you boomer for cutting your face with cheese cake...but I think you owe me an apologie for the amount of tui you spilt!!!

Sorry Geeza! I did drink a fair amount and in fairness you started the "top the bottles" fun off! My shout next run.. k:doobey:

as for the old boat race, i'll never work again bro.. you've scarred me for life:shutup:

rightyo, im all 'sorry'd" out, so if theres anyone else out there i may have pissed off.. :finger: :nya:

ps Joni.. did u manage to remember the individual(s) we were talking 'bout willis?

WHAT THE DUCE!!

Don't remember that at all...

White trash
23rd May 2006, 19:40
Good day, hope we didn't take too much gloss off.

I'll be taking a rubbish bag next time, as I didn't see any bins.

I got confused with the reds once, went in for a rad after a bin, went round and was let out again only to face another red flag straight away. I didn't know what was going on. Just bad timing I think as another bike was parked up.

BTW, thanks again Frosty.
Nah what happened then mate, was someone fell off. The two bikes that came together I think, then on the lap directly after we let you out, another bike binned.

Funny shit, I was thinkin' of going home then and there. Then DSS3 crashed and made it all worthwhile.

Still looking forward to learning those lines D!

DEATH_INC.
23rd May 2006, 19:58
You bugga's that owe tony for drinks and units etc pay up, he put a lot of effort and time into this without having to contribute financially too, don't go and spoil it for everyone else eh?

MadDuck
23rd May 2006, 20:48
The morning sessions seemed to be the worstest - I hear there were issues with cold tyres.

Red flags were out and sometimes the rider managed to get themselves back on the track no probs which meant you guys were sent straight back out.

Where they decided to park their bike meant they would have been in a risky situation of being hit in the flaggies opinion. The track is now no longer visable from one vantage point btw.

And my hand was damn steady....but then I didnt have a stationary flag to hold waving in the wind :shake:

Velox
23rd May 2006, 21:07
I agree that it would've made more sense to use the usual white flag for the last lap.

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 21:40
point taken folks--
white flag will be displayed for LAST lap then chequred flag for end of session. The stationary yellows at all points are a back up to the chequred flag.

Mental Trousers
23rd May 2006, 21:42
I went and asked about the rooms after I got back to the motel on Sunday. Talked to the women that was there as I thought we were all meant to be in 1 room. However, she said that as far as she was concerned we had both rooms so instead of being in the 1 room we were spread across both.

FROSTY
23rd May 2006, 21:52
really MT?? -so there were only 5 of ya??

Mental Trousers
23rd May 2006, 22:03
I only went and asked about how many rooms we had as I didn't know how many people were staying. I was told we had both rooms, not how many were in them.

cowpoos
23rd May 2006, 22:23
Sorry for pushing you into the bushes on saturday night.

erm....erm....erm....no apology from you or fatjim for trying to gt me to my knees in the bushes....aye....

dss3
23rd May 2006, 22:24
Nah what happened then mate, was someone fell off. The two bikes that came together I think, then on the lap directly after we let you out, another bike binned.

Funny shit, I was thinkin' of going home then and there. Then DSS3 crashed and made it all worthwhile.

Still looking forward to learning those lines D!

Haha, glad to provide your entertainment for the day mate!

You have a while to go young grasshopper before you manage these "special" lines. Need to shake all that sensibility and common sense out of you.

Although whenever I drive anywhere with Bruce it's like a guided tour of spots that Trashy has crashed at, so I think you may have some hidden talent at finding these lines too.

NinjaBoy
23rd May 2006, 22:24

Just to clarify, the booking for the unit next to yours which myself and Leong were in was booked under another Kb'ers name. It wasn't under your name Frosty. I settled that unit myself next morning.

sugilite
23rd May 2006, 23:49
I was only a spectator on the day, and I did notice all you buggars were real messy, I mean the amount of rubber you guys left on the track was shamefull! :nono:

ajturbo
24th May 2006, 00:35
there were 4 in my room....on sunday... and 2 in the girls room ( i think)... to me that = 6ish ( have to ask the girls if they managed to pick up any strays)

Mental Trousers
24th May 2006, 11:12
The room thing has been sorted out now and everything should be all square there.