PDA

View Full Version : Used Harley Importer in Christchurch?

nooka
24th May 2006, 13:26
Does anyone know the name of the Used Harley Importer based in Christchurch? My mate says his prices are good and the bikes are low km and in excellent condition but could not remember the name of the outfit. Apparently he gets his bikes mainly out of Singapore.

Any help appreciated!

idb
24th May 2006, 13:39
Not sure about his source but try here
http://www.chchmotorcycles.co.nz/

nooka
24th May 2006, 13:55
Thanks idb, but I am told it is not one of the established Harley dealers like chch motorcycles, this dealer I have been told about has only been around for a couple of 3 years

idb
24th May 2006, 14:04
OK nooka cheers.
Sorry I can't help then.
Have you tried searching for dealers on Bikepoint or looking on TradeMe and checking "Sellers Other Listings" on Harleys being sold in Chch?

crashe
24th May 2006, 14:15
Does anyone know the name of the Used Harley Importer based in Christchurch? My mate says his prices are good and the bikes are low km and in excellent condition but could not remember the name of the outfit. Apparently he gets his bikes mainly out of Singapore.

Any help appreciated!

Contact "motohaus" in Auckland as Kerry gets bikes in from Overseas...

Also "AMPs" sells HD's in Auckland - chat to Lou (kber)

Both these names (Motohaus and AMPs) can be contacted via PM on KB

nooka
24th May 2006, 15:28
Contact "motohaus" in Auckland as Kerry gets bikes in from Overseas...

Also "AMPs" sells HD's in Auckland - chat to Lou (kber)

Both these names (Motohaus and AMPs) can be contacted via PM on KB

Thanks Crashe, but I want to find out about one specifically based in Christchurch. I am told he may also deal in damaged imported cars and Jetskis as well

T.W.R
24th May 2006, 17:08
Lindsey Williamson at Christchurch Motorcycles & Auctions 90 Carmen Rd Hornby ph: 349 2437.
He started CHCH Motorcycles in the late 70s on St Asaph st before it got the Harley dealership & saw it through to its demise in the 90s & the Harley dealership went to Eric Wood's.

Lindsey, Joe Hannah, & John White were the base of ChCh Motorcycles & what he doesn't know about getting harleys into the country isn't worth knowing

ezinnz
25th May 2006, 16:35
Yeah, I'll vouch for Lindsey. I flew down from Wgtn a few years ago to Ch Ch. He picked me up at the airport, took me to his yard. I spent the morning test riding different bikes and bought one and rode it to Picton that afternoon.

Good bunch of guys to deal with. His prices aren't over-inflated bullshit either.

I was very happy with my deal.

R1madness
30th May 2006, 12:10
Or you could call in and see me. I can import a Harley for you. There are a few available at the moment. What model/year/condition/mileage/colour is your ideal bike? I will match you a bike and email you some pics or you can come and see me at our shop JUST MOTORCYCLES 165 Bowhill Rd New Brighton Christchurch ph 03 9823665. Our shop hours are SAT and SUN 10-4. Mon, Thurs, Fri 11am-7pm. Closed tues and wed.

cousa1
1st June 2006, 17:26
I see Radical Choppers and Customs are bringing in bikes too. Their site is http://www.rccl.co.nz/