PDA

View Full Version : Signing in

Velox
14th May 2004, 00:54
Hi guys - thought I better officially say g'day and check out what's going on here. I'm another one of the Wellington crew - good to see there's quite a few of you out there! Been riding a few years and I love my little 250! I should get a 600 but I'm a poor student you see.
Anyway - good to hear a bit of general bike ranting going on!
Over and out. :niceone:

LB
14th May 2004, 05:27
Welcome to the site Velox. It's a great place!!

Ms Piggy
14th May 2004, 07:26
Welcome Velox,
Great to have a another woman rider around here - lotsa great people to meet, greet & pick the brains of.

You mentioned you are a student, are you at Uni? Which one? I'm at Massey.

Hitcher
14th May 2004, 09:16
"Velox" now there's a legendary name! Welcome to the Kiwibiker whanau...

White trash
14th May 2004, 09:32
Hi guys - thought I better officially say g'day and check out what's going on here. I'm another one of the Wellington crew - good to see there's quite a few of you out there! Been riding a few years and I love my little 250! I should get a 600 but I'm a poor student you see.

Glad to see you finally made it, Velox. You'll see alot of familiar faces here and meet a whole lot of cool folks too.

Didn't see you last night, weren't put off by a bit of rain were ya? :bleh:

Anyway, post up a storm and have fun!

Motu
14th May 2004, 10:05
Welcome - Cool...Velox...I like that,what does it mean? to you I mean.

To me a Velox was a Vauxhall model name and I had a lot of fun in my ''E Type'' (EIP) Velox is probably some computer progam these days - but to me Velox was a 6 cyl and Wyvern the 4cyl.

magnum
14th May 2004, 11:58
hi and welcome.a 600 is a good choice,plenty of performance. :scooter:

scroter
14th May 2004, 12:01
get the 600 you wont regret it

Zed
14th May 2004, 12:02
Welcome to KB Velox- enjoy! :)

Zed

FROSTY
14th May 2004, 14:58
welcolm dude--a great bunch of folks here :gob:

vifferman
14th May 2004, 15:04
Wot's a 'Jade' ?

White trash
14th May 2004, 16:18
Cool little naked 4 cylinder thing. Similar to 250 Bandit. :niceone:

vifferman
14th May 2004, 16:39
Oh yeah - now I remember seeing one.

Hitcher
14th May 2004, 17:47
Cool little naked 4 cylinder thing. Similar to 250 Bandit. :niceone:

But not as nice as a Yamaha FZX250 Zeal...

Velox
15th May 2004, 02:20
You mentioned you are a student, are you at Uni? Which one? I'm at Massey.
Up in the hills at Vic - All fun and games. Gets a bit windy though and some days you feel like you work for Greenpeace picking up all the fallen bikes like beached whales. (that was poetic!)

Velox
15th May 2004, 02:26

To me a Velox was a Vauxhall model name and I had a lot of fun in my ''E Type'' (EIP) Velox is probably some computer progam these days - but to me Velox was a 6 cyl and Wyvern the 4cyl.

Computer program! What a thing to say (I guess it probably is though). Means fast/swift/that type of thing in Latin. (Finished a BA in Latin last year!). Does sound like some type of prescription drug that is only sold over the net or in dodgy pyramid schemes though! I'll stick with the Latin though - probably a bit more relevant!

Velox
15th May 2004, 02:33
Didn't see you last night, weren't put off by a bit of rain were ya? :bleh:

Hey - it was still rainy and wet in Karori so I only came when Hayden (R6)rang to tell me to get off my bum. I always get out there late anyway cause of work. There were still a few out there though which was good to see!

FROSTY
15th May 2004, 02:36
now all ya gotta do is sort out the -LEAN INTO the wingd riding style--just to go in a straight line :yeah:

LB
15th May 2004, 06:35

And wasn't the Victor a 4 cyl as well?

And don't forget the "Cresta" - wasn't that the 6 cyl "upmarket" model?

Remember some of them had speedos that changed colour - sort of a rolling line, it was (I think) green up to 30mph, orange up to 60mph, and red after that? (I think I've got my colours muddled up though)

Sorry Velox, I'm getting rather :Offtopic:

Ms Piggy
15th May 2004, 07:37
Up in the hills at Vic - All fun and games. Gets a bit windy though and some days you feel like you work for Greenpeace picking up all the fallen bikes like beached whales. (that was poetic!)

Yikes! Well at Massey it's more like first in best park. I'm sure with winter coming that a few of the scooter riders may give up riding to Uni.

scumdog
15th May 2004, 07:49

Welcome Velox you'll enjoy this site, tell me,did you get that name because you were sired in the back of one ? Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
First car I ever travelled in was my old mans Wyvern in 1954!!!! :eek5: (a 4-cylinder version of the Velox and Cresta)
Hope you can talk shit 'cause thats what 90% of the crew on this site do : :laugh:
ps fyi there was another "luxury" Vocker called a Viscount, last of the big ones

brit_vtr
15th May 2004, 08:42

Remember some of them had speedos that changed colour - sort of a rolling line, it was (I think) green up to 30mph, orange up to 60mph, and red after that? (I think I've got my colours muddled up though)

Hey my Dad had a Velox, 3 speed column shift and bench seats, Brit version of a Chev !!, but without the street cred.
It was a real classic...of sorts
:rolleyes:

SPman
15th May 2004, 09:10
...Been riding a few years and I love my little 250! I should get a 600.... Hey, if you love your little 250, dont be in a rush to get rid of it.Know a couple of ladies who flicked their 250's and now wish they had them back!
Velox means fast.....hmm...80mph....oh well, it was the 50's.

pete376403
15th May 2004, 17:19

And the Viva, Ventora, and the Firenza....
And now the Holden Monaro is sold as a Vauxhall in the UK. That's payback for putting a 6 into the Viva and calling it a Torana
(we now return you to your scheduled program)

dangerous
15th May 2004, 19:50

toatly :Offtopic: but..... Oh yeh hi there Velox stick with Honda :first: anyway the Victor came with the shitbox 4 (2.3 slant) or the mighty 6 (3.3) which I had. It came from up north somwere with Rangi's name on it, and I shit you not it had 4x2's under the rear shockscos in the 80's ya sat the ass end up high as. twaz a Holden Torana ass kicker :Punk:

The Ventora was a up spec Victer 6 only with twin pipes and you could get the little Viva with the 2.3 slant in it with twin carbs 100mph+ in one of them was not good :confused2

The Cresta was a square box with a 2.6 6cyl

pete376403
15th May 2004, 23:13
toatly :Offtopic: but..... Oh yeh hi there Velox stick with Honda :first: anyway the Victor came with the shitbox 4 (2.3 slant) or the mighty 6 (3.3) which I had. It came from up north somwere with Rangi's name on it, and I shit you not it had 4x2's under the rear shockscos in the 80's ya sat the ass end up high as. twaz a Holden Torana ass kicker :Punk:

The Ventora was a up spec Victer 6 only with twin pipes and you could get the little Viva with the 2.3 slant in it with twin carbs 100mph+ in one of them was not good :confused2

The Cresta was a square box with a 2.6 6cyl
I beg to differ - the Cresta was a 3.3 6cyl and the Viscount was the deluxe version. When the coke bottle shape Victor came out they were the 2.3 slant motor but there was also the 6 cyl version. These used to cleanup at the B&H 500 until the Hemi Valiants came along.

And once again a bike thread has turned into a bloody car thread! :angry2:

dangerous
15th May 2004, 23:51
I beg to differ - the Cresta was a 3.3 6cyl And once again a bike thread has turned into a bloody car thread! :angry2:

2.6 & 3.3 as I swiped the engine out of one to put in my 3.3 Victor (coke shape)

car thread........ hell beats turning into another god thread :D

:spudwave: Hi again Velox :spudwave:

scumdog
16th May 2004, 00:39
2.6 & 3.3 as I swiped the engine out of one to put in my 3.3 Victor (coke shape)

car thread........ hell beats turning into another god thread :D

:spudwave: Hi again Velox :spudwave:

First car was a 1971 3.3 Victor, bought in 1973 for $3,100, it had 16,000 miles on it and went like the clappers, I had only left school two years before I bought it and it would be like young guy buying a $31,000 Commodore these days, man I saved for that car.
The old man wouldn't let me buy a motorbike or hot rod but when I turned 21 I traded the Victor in on a 1955 Ford F100 pick-up truck - he nearly spewed :gob:

Hitcher
16th May 2004, 13:10
Dad was a Vauxhall man until he saw the light and bought his first Falcon in 1972 (an Aussie assembled XW, 221 cubes -- bloody brilliant car). Prior to that he'd had a PB Velox since 1963 and prior to that a PA and a PAX Velox. I saw the old Velox running a few years ago in Palmerston North CA9838. So was still giving somebody good service!

Ghost Lemur
16th May 2004, 13:52
I've only owned one Vauxhall. It was a Chevette, and lasted about 6 hours before it blew up. :doh:

Deano
16th May 2004, 21:05
OMG is this a car forum now ???

Welcome Velox, look forward to meeting you at some stage - perhaps Thurs nights at the ROQM with the rest of the usual Wgtn suspects !!

Velox
17th May 2004, 00:11
Yep, this is a bit worrying really - over run by car talk. :eek5: I didn't even know it was a type of car. Might've thought up something else otherwise.

scumdog
17th May 2004, 08:11
Dad was a Vauxhall man until he saw the light and bought his first Falcon in 1972 (an Aussie assembled XW, 221 cubes -- bloody brilliant car). Prior to that he'd had a PB Velox since 1963 and prior to that a PA and a PAX Velox. I saw the old Velox running a few years ago in Palmerston North CA9838. So was still giving somebody good service!
My 3.3 was faster than any six cylinder Falcon (or for that matter most six cylinder cars except Valiant Charger and XU1 Torana).
Boy has this thread gone a little off topic!!!