PDA

View Full Version : cops

scroter
14th May 2004, 12:23
Check this
I work for a courier company and one of our vans got green stickered yesterday because the inside door handle sat proud of the door. worked fine but sat proud. go to the testing station 30 odd dollars and one new warrant mo questions asked. does anyone else think this is petty policing or not.

FROSTY
14th May 2004, 12:26
I'd have to see the handle in question. If it presentsa itself as a hazard in a crash the cops got a good point--like as in if the back edge sticks into the cxab my 50-75mm
Otherwise--yep he musta pissed yon copper off :Police:

Motu
14th May 2004, 14:26
If it was an original fitting and got through a VIN I can't see how they could have a case - but if someone has retro fitted a handle then yes,if it was dangerous to the passengers or pedestrians.

scroter
14th May 2004, 15:30
The testing station said the cop was dreaming, in another world were cops are upper class society and everyone else can just lick ther balls. ha ha. I have to admit though only ever had one power hungary cop most are just normal people some of them will even let you off if you got a good explantion like sorry officer i was only speeding because i had just washed my hair and was trying to blow dry it.

vifferman
14th May 2004, 15:38
Scroter, how did this arise? The van got stopped for summat, then the cop inspected it with a fine-toothed van inspection tool?

sAsLEX
14th May 2004, 16:03
You've seen how those couriers drive!! The bikers are the worst!

Wenier
14th May 2004, 16:17
Seems like he may have been bored and needed something to do. Yea that blow dryin one works a charm when getting off tickets

scumdog
15th May 2004, 01:23
Seems like he may have been bored and needed something to do. Yea that blow dryin one works a charm when getting off tickets

Wish I had enough hair to be worth blow-drying :laugh:

FROSTY
15th May 2004, 01:54
Ok dude spill--what did he do that the cop was so anal he searched the van??

Lou Girardin
17th May 2004, 20:44
If a door handle is dangerous, what about those mechano set spoilers on every boy-racers car.
You obviously had the wrong attitude, otherwise you would just have got a chest poke.