PDA

View Full Version : New rego prices

Jonny Rotten
25th May 2006, 18:52
this might have gotten out on the news aready but.....
while in the AA the on monday renewing my rego for my bike a memo came trough on the fax machine about a drop in rego prices and acc levies.
the nice lady in formed me of this and advised me to get only one months rego since the new prices dont come in for a few weeks.
she said the drop is to just over $200 bucks.
not a huge drop but dam good anyway.
so if ya have to get rego soon just get a month.

and a big thanks to the lady at the AA :rockon:

paturoa
25th May 2006, 18:54
200 or 20 ???

crashe
25th May 2006, 18:55
Damn I just got 6 months worth last week...

Buggar and damnation.

Edit: 21/05/06 for 1 year $249.60
for 6 months $128.55

Yep cheaper to pay the whole year than paying every 6 months... by $7.50

Jonny Rotten
25th May 2006, 18:57
just over two hundred bucks for a years rego so youll save about $30 dollars i think

Jeremy
25th May 2006, 18:58
Damn I bought a years worth a few weeks ago.

Filterer
25th May 2006, 19:44
Is it dropping for cages as well?

Madness
25th May 2006, 19:54
$30 less per year will help offset the extra $10 per week I am now spending on petrol compared to a year ago. They are just so generous our government :sick:

Gremlin
25th May 2006, 19:56
ooooo, I just received a renewal form today for mine, it expires on the 14 of June.... wonder if I'll slip through... must go and find out.

woopee!!! I could use the (small) financial break at the mo :doobey:

bobsmith
25th May 2006, 21:35
Damn I just renewed mine for 12 months, and paid around 260... damn

ZeroIndex
25th May 2006, 21:52
what they should do, is introduce a new tax to every scooter rider that is on a car license.. that would get the bastards off the road, or slightly better trained (basic handling skills)

Str8 Jacket
26th May 2006, 07:07
ooooo, I just received a renewal form today for mine, it expires on the 14 of June.... wonder if I'll slip through... must go and find out.

Should do, mines due on the 11 June and LTSA sent me a love letter just the other day with the lower prices on it, yay!

phantom
26th May 2006, 08:17
bugger got 12 months rego yesterday:angry:

Gremlin
26th May 2006, 16:12
Should do, mines due on the 11 June and LTSA sent me a love letter just the other day with the lower prices on it, yay!
eh?? you sure?? Mine has the old prices on it :crybaby:

Phoned AA up earlier (well, given they also listed LTNZ contact details under their name, I'm not sure who I spoke to), anyway, apparently it comes into affect on 1 July. So I can't get it :(

Busy doing the sums now as to whether I'll buy a year or not...

The original yearly fee was $250 ish, new is $224.something. 3 months (old) is $68 ish, new is $61 I think, something like that.

mmm, just looked on the web, I phoned LTNZ's Motor Vehicle Registration Call Centre (0800 108 809)

Jonny Rotten
26th May 2006, 16:32
if you just buy a month when your rego is due then buy a year when the new prices come into affect it will should still be cheaper than buying a years worth now :yes:

diggydog
26th May 2006, 16:38
pleased to see it come down rather than up , when i seen that news heading u gave me that feeling .

idb
26th May 2006, 16:38
if you just buy a month when your rego is due then buy a year when the new prices come into affect it will should still be cheaper than buying a years worth now :yes:
"will" or "should"...which is correct?
It's important we know....I don't know what to do now?

Str8 Jacket
26th May 2006, 17:22
eh?? you sure?? Mine has the old prices on it :crybaby:

Yep, I went home and checked. Ive never paid for anymore than 3 months before so I had assumed that they were just normal prices... Maybe our bills got printed on different dates just as they introduced the new prices? Either way Id say that the new prices will be on there systems so you should get the cheaper price?

Gremlin
26th May 2006, 18:04
actually, you can only buy 3 months minimum... well, from what I have read.

>> see weasel's post for figures :bleh:

arrgh, what a mission trying to post a piece of a table into a post...

anyway, because you pay less per month if you buy more, it almost works out the same (60c a month) between buying 3 months now, or 12 months now.

Just hope I get the discount anyway.

<TABLE><TR><TD></TD><TD>Per annum</TD><TD>1Mth / 12</TD><TD>3 Mths</TD><TD>1Mth / 3</TD><TR>
<TR><TD>Original Prices</TD><TD>$250</TD><TD>$20.83</TD><TD>$68</TD><TD>$22.67</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>New Prices</TD><TD>$224</TD><TD>$18.67</TD><TD>$61</TD><TD>$20.33</TD></TR></TABLE>

Difficult?

Gremlin
26th May 2006, 18:27
.... cheeky little..... yes, it was, it wasn't wysiwyg.... it wanted to eliminate the spaces... thank you... and if you think it was complicated, it has more code tags than data, go figure...

editing my post now... no need for it...

That's why you don't use spaces you fool...

Most forums will allow for use of HTML so just use the TABLE function...

Pixie
29th May 2006, 02:38
Do you get a credit for the time already paid,if you suspend the rego?

Jonny Rotten
29th May 2006, 18:26
actually, you can only buy 3 months minimum... well, from what I have read.

>> see weasel's post for figures :bleh:

arrgh, what a mission trying to post a piece of a table into a post...

anyway, because you pay less per month if you buy more, it almost works out the same (60c a month) between buying 3 months now, or 12 months now.

Just hope I get the discount anyway.

you can get one month rego but you need to fill out a form at the AA to do it.
the form is a "MR27" on this for you can change you current rego expiry date to a later date like one month later and you just pay the difference which is about $20

thehollowmen
1st June 2006, 12:41
Fek
just paid a full twelve months

When does this come in to effect?

Rashika
1st June 2006, 18:46
cool bananas... got about 2 months left, maybe I WILL get 12 months this time :yes:

APPLE
1st June 2006, 19:51
sweet man,my regos due :scratch: about 4 weeks ago.....

Insanity_rules
1st June 2006, 20:11
Oh my God, the ministry of silly walks are putting the price of something to do with motorcyclists down?????? Ok now I'm waiting for the other signs of the coming apocalypse.

Oh this is just too good. My rego isn't due till next month!

Gremlin
2nd June 2006, 18:21
Well, here are the sums. Have spoken to both the AA and LTNZ. I don't get the new rates, being half a month out. So I have calculated the sums, and I'll chuck them up here as well, for people that want them...

<TABLE><TR><TD></TD><TD>|3 Months|</TD><TD>|6 Months|</TD><TD>|12 Months|</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>Old Charges|</TD><TD>$68.05</TD><TD>$128.55</TD><TD>$249.60</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>New Charges|</TD><TD>$61.75</TD><TD>$115.90</TD><TD>$224.25</TD></TR></TABLE>

Breakdown of Charges, to calculate the total cost for x months:

<TABLE><TR><TD></TD><TD>|Per annum|</TD><TD>|3 months of 12|</TD><TD>|1 month of 12|</TD><TD>|3 months|</TD><TD>|1 month of 3|</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>Original Prices|</TD><TD>$249.60</TD><TD>$62.40</TD><TD>$20.80</TD><TD>$68.05</TD><TD>$22.68</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>New Prices|</TD><TD>$224.25</TD><TD>$56.06</TD><TD>$18.69</TD><TD>$61.75</TD><TD>$20.58</TD></TR></TABLE>

Broken down, these are the options really, may not be specific to you, but if it helps you... Speaking to AA, you cannot buy less than 3 months, unless you are renewing prior to expiry. Of course, I don't fit this either. The 3rd option isn't realistic, but that would be the cheapest, so a fair difference.

<TABLE><TR><TD>Option 1|</TD><TD>1 year old, 1 year new (3 months)
</TD><TD>$305.66</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>Option 2|</TD><TD>3 months old, 1 year new</TD><TD>$292.30</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>Option 3|</TD><TD>1 year new, 1 year new (3 months)
</TD><TD>$280.31</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why did I do all this?? Coz I'm a tight bastard, and don't feel like giving any more than I have to, to a bunch of monkeys. I suppose you could ride rego-less, and they would charge you for back-dated dues... if you are that way inclined :wait:

I dooo soo hope Weasel approves of my formatting this time :bleh:

Jonny Rotten
3rd June 2006, 09:43
cheers for those sums GREMLIN i was to lasy to work it out and type that up.
its about time those barstards sorted there shit out and dropped those prices...:rockon:

Streetwise
3rd June 2006, 11:41
:blip:
what they should do, is introduce a new tax to every scooter rider that is on a car license.. that would get the bastards off the road, or slightly better trained (basic handling skills)

It may be looked at soon, So watch this space, :blip:

Beemer
3rd June 2006, 17:30
You can actually register a vehicle for any period up to a year - even for a day, you just have to fill out a form to do so. I wanted mine to fall due at a certain time so I once paid for three weeks then renewed it for a year at the end of that time.

What they should do is have some form of no-claims bonus scheme like insurance companies - if you don't crash or cause any accidents in a year, your ACC levies should be lower. Those who do crash or claim on ACC for crash-related injuries should pay more.

And I wish they'd find some way of licensing the driver/rider rather than the vehicle as at any one time, we could have up to seven vehicles full licensed. Yet even if we both went out, that's only two, leaving five lots of money sitting in the garage.

madboy
3rd June 2006, 20:13
And I wish they'd find some way of licensing the driver/rider rather than the vehicle as at any one time, we could have up to seven vehicles full licensed. Yet even if we both went out, that's only two, leaving five lots of money sitting in the garage.I gotta agree with you there. I find it amusing that I paid the same rego on a car I drove for work and personal use - 50,000k a year, that I now do on the one that I use for taking my daughter to school each morning (incl extras maybe 5,000k/yr). Unfortunately ACC isn't designed to be fair, it's just designed to be there.

Gremlin
4th June 2006, 17:55
You can actually register a vehicle for any period up to a year - even for a day, you just have to fill out a form to do so. I wanted mine to fall due at a certain time so I once paid for three weeks then renewed it for a year at the end of that time.

Tried that, and it was MR27 or something, but they said it wouldn't work in my case, but some how, it can be used. I'm guessing that its too close to my expiry to be able to...

I wanted to get one month, they told me I had to get 3, 6, (I think 9), 12 etc.

Bassssstids :weep: