PDA

View Full Version : Wellyman is got a bike!

Wellyman
25th May 2006, 20:43
Well guys I went out and finally got a bike today. a little pocket bike from a guy of trade me who i just rang up and sorted out a deal with. Bike is in Repsol colours (Orange, Black,White,Blue) and is freaking cool!

Just took her for a quick blat up and down the driveway and she is a bloody machine so far! looking forward to a good ride tomorrow.
will post pics soon.
WM

Colapop
25th May 2006, 20:45
From one who doesn't understand the phenomenom - Why?

XTC
25th May 2006, 20:51
wellyman HAS got a bike!!!

Yeah Why??

Wellyman
25th May 2006, 21:05
Fark thanks for that I stuffed up the thread title, trying to so fast. why you ask? because they are so much fun for such a small price. a great sport with a plenty of friendly people and alot of good laughs.
WM

Colapop
25th May 2006, 21:07
What's a 'small' price? 'Scuse my ignorance but I haven't paid too much attention to getting one (be kinda hard at my size)

The Beast
25th May 2006, 21:25
Congratulations mate, welcome to the sport, hope to see you at some of the national rounds.

cowpoos
25th May 2006, 21:35
good shit bro!!!!!!

agentmi6
25th May 2006, 21:52
Congrats cheif, I myself have recently got a cheap chinka about a month ago and took it for a blat last weekend.

I must warn you, Be very carefull, this sport is addictive !

Wellyman
25th May 2006, 22:08
Congrats cheif, I myself have recently got a cheap chinka about a month ago and took it for a blat last weekend.

I must warn you, Be very carefull, this sport is addictive !
Tooo late! I already know.got a bit of maintance to do now.
WM

Wellyman
25th May 2006, 22:13
Check the pics. there she is! sorry for the crap pic but you get the idea. shall take better photos at another date, but you get the idea.
WM

Wellyman
25th May 2006, 22:15
Oh yea it hasn't got all the racing stickers on in these photos, have gained 5hp with the extra stickers (stickers make ya go faster.)
WM

Swoop
26th May 2006, 12:02
Oh yea it hasn't got all the racing stickers on in these photos, have gained 5hp with the extra stickers (stickers make ya go faster.)
WM
Paint it red! Red bikes always go faster...:blip:

I like the bling frame. Has someone chrome plated it?

Finn
26th May 2006, 12:22
Given my expertise, that's probably the Repsol I should have got.

skidMark
26th May 2006, 12:53
cool man good to see your up and running

but in all honesty go down to an automotive shop buy some loctite....

strip the bike to a bizillion pieces...and loctite every bolt and make sure they are done up tight...this must be done or it will just fall apart especially with the cheaper mini motos..ie trade me ones.

it will take you maybe a couple of hours maximum but it is worth it to do it right and avoid replacing parts unnecessarily later on

MA

Wellyman
26th May 2006, 17:05

No actually! it has just been bolted over the frame, kinda is better though as it protects the frame which is good.

Mark I have done a little bit of that so far. We should find a carpark sometime so you can bring your minimotard down and ill bring my pocket bike down for a blast, would be a bit of fun, your welcome to have a blat on my machine.
WM

Wellyman
26th May 2006, 17:08
Have just taken it for another ride half an hour ago straight after I got home from school. The bike is running like a champ, nothing has fallen off and the motor is running awsome so far, it is looseing off just fine. looking forward to a bit more play later on. might have to go do some more premix first though!
WM

Wellyman
26th May 2006, 17:09

Yes that is very true. it is in the repsol Honda colurs so no wonder it goes fast! whopping top speed of 55km/h with stock gearing

skidMark
26th May 2006, 17:11
No actually! it has just been bolted over the frame, kinda is better though as it protects the frame which is good.

Mark I have done a little bit of that so far. We should find a carpark sometime so you can bring your minimotard down and ill bring my pocket bike down for a blast, would be a bit of fun, your welcome to have a blat on my machine.
WM

not even a slut should spread thier lags as far as you need to to ride a pocket bike....

ridden one once 30 kph seemed like 200 it got speed wobbles......never again lol

Wellyman
26th May 2006, 17:27
not even a slut should spread thier lags as far as you need to to ride a pocket bike....

ridden one once 30 kph seemed like 200 it got speed wobbles......never again lol
Your a bloody girl Mark. are you coming to the practice day next weekend (sat).
WM

EDIT: IT'S 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!

The Beast
26th May 2006, 18:48
The bike is running like a champ

Wait until you mod it mate!!

UrbanMyth
26th May 2006, 19:59
rock 'n' roll! cognratz

Wellyman
26th May 2006, 21:45
Wait until you mod it mate!!
Just actually did a little mod con.
just zip tied a old small pump water bottle to the frame and poked in the overflow tube, now I have a catch bottle= no more cleaning the fuel off the bottom of the fairing!
WM

The Beast
26th May 2006, 21:51
Haha good effort. I mean real mods...
Like big carbs...
different barrells and head...:nya:

Wellyman
26th May 2006, 22:02
Come on man, im poor will be keeping it stock. (maybe!)
now what else did I need to do.......
WM

granma2
27th May 2006, 12:53
Looks like a cool bike. Cant wait to see it go. :first:

As for other guys who dont know about the minimoto racing, you need to come watch us sometime. Trust me....you will be addicted very quickly. You can get them for around $300-$5,000, depends on what you want. They fit in the back seat of your car too.

As for the size of the bikes, yes they are small, and you do need to be under 7 foot and 150kg. If you really cant ride a mini, there is always the pitbikes.
You dont need a real flash one, they have some on trademe for $800. Put scooter tyres on them, stiffen up the suspension and your racing.

Granma

Wellyman
27th May 2006, 16:31
took her up to the localschool after work today and had an absloute ball! I managed to pop a few wheelies and hoon around for quite a while before the weather packed in. Mentioned about the bike to my mate and straight away the bike HAS to come to the party tonight, so should have a bit more fun later on.
WM

granma2
28th May 2006, 17:37
Hey Wellyman
I hope you didnt trash the bike at the party!!!:bye:

poorbastard
28th May 2006, 18:34
Great fun. Got myself one a couple of weeks ago. Didnt like the wheelies tho, have already had to repair the fairings and weld the zorst back on.

Wellyman
28th May 2006, 19:12
Hey Wellyman
I hope you didnt trash the bike at the party!!!:bye:
yes had to do a repair :bye:
got a small hole in my muffler and was leaking oil all over the back mudguard and rear tyre. and the bloody chain came off a few times.

My mate tried to wheelie it today but ended up going off the back, luckly it didn't fall on its side, only dragged on its ass so is missing a bit of paint , but I don't give a toss really. was having so much fun today until I ran out of gas a good walk from my house :slap:
WM