PDA

View Full Version : Aussie bikers defeat anti-lanesplitting law!

MD
26th May 2006, 19:54
Just got the latest AMCN.
Good to see that the proposed law to ban bikes from lane splitting across Australia has been withdrawn. Mag says The Nat. Transport Commission received 800 submissions against the new law- the highest response they have ever had. I had been watching this crap proposal, probably dreamed up by a desk bound car driver no doubt, with interest in case our boffins at LTNZ decided to give it a go.
We need to take note that a coordinated and united front can work provided everybody gets off their butts.
A proposal that has passed the last stage will see it illegal to carry anyone under 8 ys on a m/bike. Have to say I wouldn't object to that myself. Kids are fragile enough without hitting the pavement at 30,50,70 kph +

kickingzebra
26th May 2006, 20:01
Well thats good news!!
Bloody desk drivers!!

madboy
26th May 2006, 20:16
We'll be safe for a while. Since when have LTNZ been able to think of something that hasn't been implemented in Victoria first?

SPman
26th May 2006, 20:24
Don't worry, they are busy on trying to bring the same thing in again with a different set of statistics, that suit them....scurvy beauracratic swine!

Storm
26th May 2006, 20:42
I reckon we should take this as our golden example of what to do in future when stupid thoughtless laws are proposed

kickingzebra
26th May 2006, 20:46
Im gona buy me a pitchfork!!
March on the suckers, call for blood!!!
Like anti smacking bill for example!
Chips in Dogs... Etc
Blood I say!
Let us ride in the hard buss lanes!!

Insanity_rules
26th May 2006, 22:04
Yeah our ministry of silly walks don't have a clue about the needs of bikers.

Badcat
26th May 2006, 23:10
god - some public outcry in australia that didn't involve a football player?
must have been a slow sports news day.

raster
27th May 2006, 08:46
Thanks for that, great to hear the ausi's can actually think properly.

Skyryder
27th May 2006, 09:09
I reckon we should take this as our golden example of what to do in future when stupid thoughtless laws are proposed

Like being left stranded on the side of the road.

Skyryder

"D" FZ1
27th May 2006, 09:30
Good to see that they listened to the masses

diggydog
27th May 2006, 10:04
Thanks for that, great to hear the ausi's can actually think properly.would that apply to us kiwi's as our law's differ from aussies.:wait:

Pixie
29th May 2006, 02:26
Im gona buy me a pitchfork!!
March on the suckers, call for blood!!!
Like anti smacking bill for example!
Chips in Dogs... Etc
Blood I say!
Let us ride in the hard buss lanes!!
You give the phrase "angry mob" a bad name

Pixie
29th May 2006, 02:33
Don't assume the same actions would work here.Australia and NZ are very different.
An example is the recent case of the football thug who punched a 19 year old girl in the face,recently.
The sport's administration in Oz, said that any club who applied to have him join, would be refused permission by the authority.
The NZ authority promptly offered to let him play for an NZ club,if he wished.

Morality?What morality?

sAsLEX
29th May 2006, 06:44
Don't assume the same actions would work here.Australia and NZ are very different.
An example is the recent case of the football thug who punched a 19 year old girl in the face,recently.
The sport's administration in Oz, said that any club who applied to have him join, would be refused permission by the authority.
The NZ authority promptly offered to let him play for an NZ club,if he wished.

Morality?What morality?

We also charged a father for defending his kid against a bully, violence is fostered starting from a young age here and thugs learn it starting in primary school.