PDA

View Full Version : FREE Full Computer System - Seriously

StoneChucker
26th May 2006, 22:06
I'm splashing out on something shiny and new, so I may as well offer what I was using to anyone who really needs it. It's a perfectly good, working, error free desktop computer. It is an older computer, bought in 1998 if I remember correctly, near top of the line back then. It would suit someone who wanted to play older games (it ran warcraft 3, unreal tournement, quake 3, etc...), or preferably surf the internet & send e-mail, use MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc... I am removing all the programs I installed on it, so you will receive a base system, to which you can add your own programs and settings. Ideally you would know what you are doing, and where to get the software you need. Depending on who wants it, you might find someone to "hook you up".:blip: It comes network and broadband ready, as well as with a external modem, printer AND scanner. Can you believe it? ;)

The specs are:

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Intel Pentium 2, 400mHz
655 MB RAM
Two 8.0 GB and one 2.0 GB HDD's (18 GB) (One in a removable HDD Bay)
Compaq CD-ROM
3 1/2" Floppy Drive
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64MB Video Card
MAG D410 15" Digital Monitor
Creative Sound Blaster PCI 64/128 Sound Card
Dick Smith PCI ADSL Broadband Modem (Broadband Ready!)
US Robotics v.90 Voice PnP 56K External Data/Fax Modem
Realtek / Macronics MX98715 Fast Ethernet Adapter (ACPI) (Network Ready)
Intel USB Universal Controller
PS2 Keyboard
Compaq PS2 Mouse
HP Deskjet 870CXi Printer
Genius Colorpage Vivid Pro 2 Scanner
All cables, connections, paper, etc... required to setup.

Send me a PM to register your interest. I'm looking to give this away as soon as possible, but will hold for a short while if necessary.

*EDIT* Wellington / Hutt Valley Area - Pickup via arrangement

Take care,
Dave.

WINJA
26th May 2006, 22:08
fuck thats better than mine

raster
27th May 2006, 08:13
Well done SC, what you got as a replacement, I am just setting up my new one now.

The Pastor
27th May 2006, 10:33
Its 100 times better than the computers we have at work >_<

crazylittleshit
27th May 2006, 10:43
you all have better computers then me I do everything by internet cafes I would be very intersted. stonechucker please give me a text as I am currently at a internet cafe and am running out of money on my account :yes:
P.s it's me nick ZXR6 YEA I LOVE THAT THING:scooter:

Slingshot
27th May 2006, 11:49
Why don't you auction it and donate the profits to Spank.

StoneChucker
27th May 2006, 14:55
Why don't you auction it and donate the profits to Spank.
Because Spank has made it quite clear that neither me, nor any of my KB "mates rates" offers have any place on his site. The only reason I am back on here, offering things like this is because the best thing I've done with my life, socially wise, is join KB and meet everyone I've met up till my accident. I won't let petty issues prevent me from keeping in touch the friends I've made.

dave.

Ixion
27th May 2006, 14:57
Eh? WTF? Me confused. Wod all thad abart?

StoneChucker
27th May 2006, 15:00
Yep, someone quick off the mark has grabbed the PC. I was slightly surprised at the lack of interest, the jacket, boots, disclock and packrack bag I offered got literally 10 times more of a response than the pc...:zzzz:

Anyway, obviously don't send me any more pm's regarding the pc.

Ride safe,
Dave.

Velox
27th May 2006, 15:22
Eh? WTF? Me confused. Wod all thad abart?
Spank giving SC s*#@ for advertising his car on the site.

SC - goog to hear from you mate - sorry I haven't emailed you yet - I've just set up a gmail account so I'll flick that on to you.

Stink about the comp - I need one (house sitting up the road and just popped home at the mo) but looks like young Nicholas might've bet me to it!

metric
27th May 2006, 18:50
sometimes somethings in life are free

good on ya fella

StoneChucker
28th May 2006, 10:44
Spank giving SC s*#@ for advertising his car on the site.

SC - goog to hear from you mate - sorry I haven't emailed you yet - I've just set up a gmail account so I'll flick that on to you.

Stink about the comp - I need one (house sitting up the road and just popped home at the mo) but looks like young Nicholas might've bet me to it!
Hey, you're not a poor student anymore :nya:
See ya

Velox
28th May 2006, 18:03
Hey, you're not a poor student anymore :nya:
See ya
Buddy - I've got $7.70 until Tuesday!!! Don't know how this all seems to be happening. Paying for 3 vehicles prob has a bit to do with it.

Comp is sorted though - my old man had a spare one at work so I've got that.

Coyote
28th May 2006, 18:08
Surely anyone that reads this already has a computer...

sAsLEX
28th May 2006, 19:06
Surely anyone that reads this already has a computer...

umm internet cafe things, uni , mums etc alot of places to access the net other than your own computer!