PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 750 2004 ECU Information

gsxr750racer
27th May 2006, 22:25
I need reliable information on the ECU on a GSXR 750 2004 Engine
Relating to the Standard computer, not any aftermarket ones.

Can the computer be reprogrammed fuels remapped etc. with a special Plugin computer?

Can any more power be extracted by modifying the computer? and how ?

Where can I get more information on this subject?

Thanks

orangeback
27th May 2006, 22:55
i have an 05 and had the it remaped with stock computer for the TSR yoshi and BCM filter Iv fitted , was going to fit a PCIII as i had one on my hayabusa ,and it made a big diffrence, but read on gixxer.com that many guys hadnt even bothered or removed them, as made they little effect on the 750 . just smothed it out a little in lower revs . My local shop got something from suzzi nz to program it . :bye:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66

cowpoos
27th May 2006, 23:17
yes the standard computer is easily retuned using a device called a teka tuner....which is a plug in device.....wellington motorcycles offer a dyno tuning service using teka tuner...no add on required like a power commander...just pay for the dyno time and mechanics time doing it...PM crasherfromwayback....he works there...

limbimtimwim
28th May 2006, 09:30
You can buy the Teka from the makers; www.factorypro.com . Not cheap, but if you want to fiddle endlessly, it might be worth it.

98tls
11th June 2006, 07:17
i have a yosh box and have played around a fair bit with my TL1000 with good results,am sure you could get one that will do your bike,in fact the one i have may well do yous as well,its on loan to a guy in ch-ch but will be back soon,can have a look and let you know if you like.

98tls
14th June 2006, 20:38
i have that yosh box back....FWIW it only does up to 2000 gixxers,dont know that much about ECUs but cant understand why you can over-write one and not another.

Cajun
15th June 2006, 07:59
different bit amounts, aka tl most likley 16bit where new ones are 32