PDA

View Full Version : Rd2 Aust. Superbikes - W.A

zadok
28th May 2006, 22:53
Went with a few mates to Barbagallo Raceway here in sunny W.A. Great weather for the ride to and from the track (70km from my place) and for the racing. Got a few pics of the track and some interesting bikes, but my camera was a bit limited for any action shots. Andrew Stroud was there for his first taste of the track. He did fairly well, but couldn't beat the Aussies. There were 16 races all up with each of the 8 classes having two races apiece.
I was quite taken with the colour schemes on a Guzzi and a CBR. I posed with the new black ZX-14.
Back home in time to see my footy team win and now settling down to watch the Superbikes live on Foxtel. What a day!

speedpro
28th May 2006, 23:22
Geez times must have changed - not an esky in sight, , , , , and it looks like they've been watering the grass.

Switch
29th May 2006, 01:32
Sounds like you had a good day :yes: there are some nice bikes there...and thee um, female supporters :nya:

slowpoke
29th May 2006, 22:35
Aaaaah good ol' Barbagallo...it's weird sitting here having just moved back to NZ after 15years in Oz, 10years in WA. It feels like it's just down the road....only it's now a bloody long road! I've done a fair few laps around Barbagallo and it still amazes me that probably the best part of the track, the change of direction and mono over skyline and the plunge down into the basin then firing it back up over the hill are hidden from the general spectators. Still, it's fantastic as a marshall (best seat in the house) and great as a rider. The layout is actually fairly similar to Manfeild when you look at it, except instead of Manfeilds' hairpin folding back on itself it comes off at right angles giving a long back straight instead of a sweeper (I KNOW that won't make much sense unless you've seen it!)and with some very interesting changes in elevation. It's quick too, with the lap record for 2.7km's being just 55 and a bit seconds.
After the weather here of late I am SERIOUSLY missing that place!!!!

svs
31st May 2006, 14:10
Andrew Stroud got a 6th and a 7th in Superbike, and Sam Smith a DNF and 11th in supersport

Two Smoker
31st May 2006, 14:26
Andrew Stroud got a 6th and a 7th in Superbike, and Sam Smith a DNF and 11th in supersport

fark 11th by sam is wicked!!!! Top effort!!! and Stroud!!!! Wicked stuff aswell!!!

SPman
31st May 2006, 18:10
Hey Marty - did Sean Giles wipe himself out on Sunday?
Must get out there on one of the track days later in the year.

zadok
31st May 2006, 19:35
Hey Marty - did Sean Giles wipe himself out on Sunday?
Must get out there on one of the track days later in the year.
Happened almost in front of me. Broke a leg I think.

oldguy
31st May 2006, 20:09
Nice pics marty, that zx1400 looks like your next bike a mate, or is it yours already

zadok
1st June 2006, 10:30
Nice pics marty, that zx1400 looks like your next bike a mate, or is it yours already
Thanks mate. No, that is the demo at the Kwaka stand. If a rumoured GTR equivalent comes out, I would be very interested.