PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle hire companies

Blackbird
29th May 2006, 18:11
Some advice required please by those in the "know".

A fellow Blackbird owner from the UK is coming over next Feb to tour the South Island. I'm not sure whether it's for 2 or 3 weeks at this stage. I can't confirm what bike he's looking for (probably a big Beemer) as it has to cart him and his wife in comfort. See the questions he's asking below - can any one answer his queries please? If you have further questions, I'll take them back to him.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

We've decided to come over in Feb next year, one of the companies we looked
at http://www.gotournz.com/ are asking for $2000 each deposit, while the
other one, www.nzbike.com are only looking for 20% which works out about
$800.

Do you know of the merits of either company and do you think $4000 deposit
is a bit much, we do but we have only that other company to compare with.

Your thoughts would be appreciated !!

busadayz
29th May 2006, 22:20
Try giving Murray Mark a ring at Waikato car rentals. They do some decent bikes as well. Let us know how you get on.

busadayz
29th May 2006, 22:22
You might want his phone number too.
07 8550094

0274 990530

Blackbird
29th May 2006, 22:39
Thanks for the advice but do they operate out of the south island? I presume not given they are in Hamilton or do they have an arrangement for S.Island collection and delivery?

crashe
29th May 2006, 22:45
Contact Lou at AMPs.
Sure they hire out HOGs and some other bikes, but he will be able to help you out on the cost factor etc etc.

He may also know of other bike hire places as well.

Blackbird
29th May 2006, 22:48
Thanks for the advice but other than the deposit angle, he wants to know about the two organisations that he's been in contact with before he looks at anything else. I also presume he's only interested in someone he can deal with ex-Christchurch.

igor
31st May 2006, 10:09
Thanks for the advice but other than the deposit angle, he wants to know about the two organisations that he's been in contact with before he looks at anything else. I also presume he's only interested in someone he can deal with ex-Christchurch.

both these firms have good reps.

remember that you friend is not the only person comin to NZ in feb next year so the bike companies are flat out and want to capitalize there fleet over the short window of ridin on there investment. its only a deposit he will get back so whats the big deal. $2000 interest at 7% is $140 for 1 year.. he is only talkin 9 months now. big deal get on with it

marty
31st May 2006, 11:15
i'd second murray at waikato car rentals. has a nice big beemer too. would more than likely do a deal for a long term rental.

and it's only a day from hamilton to the south island.

sels1
31st May 2006, 11:26
Go Tour NZ is a sister company to Thunderbike in Nelson, hire out of Nelson and CHCH- Beemers, Triumphs and Jap. Good company and they have a good website with all the info.

Te Waipounamu (sp) Rentals is a smaller co. operating out of CHCH, very good to deal with. I have dealt with both Co.s and recommend them.

T.W.R
31st May 2006, 11:31
Street & Sport Motorcycles Hire bikes, email: streetandsport@xtra.co.nz

Eric Woods, email: bikes@ericwood.co.nz

KEA motorcycles tours & rentals, email: reservationsnz@keacampers.com

Te Waipounamu motor cycle hire,

all ChCh based

Blackbird
31st May 2006, 12:45
Thanks everyone for the really great advice - my mate will be well pleased with all the help so on behalf of him too, thanks again.

Geoff

igor
31st May 2006, 13:35
Thanks everyone for the really great advice - my mate will be well pleased with all the help so on behalf of him too, thanks again.

Geoff

so hes ya mate. heres some accommadation for u boys to have a gay old time then

http://www.autumnfarm.com/

don't swim in the pool if mike barrymore is around:blip:

Blackbird
31st May 2006, 14:15
so hes ya mate. heres some accommadation for u boys to have a gay old time then

http://www.autumnfarm.com/

don't swim in the pool if mike barrymore is around:blip:

From someone riding an Ag 100, I'm not surprised that you know about those sites although sheep might be more your thing:blip:

Lou Girardin
31st May 2006, 14:28
AMPS do ChCh drop-offs. Pick up in Auck though.
We have late model Harleys and Triumph Sprint ST's.

gunnyrob
31st May 2006, 17:39
Have only just completed a tour of the east coast with Krayy. I hired an F650 dakar with panniers, top box AND all the riding gear for $269, pick up Friday, drop off Monday, unlimited kms from www.kea-motorcycles.com They were freaking excellent. They also hire larger BMWs and have branches in ChCh & Akl and do good package deals. Very highly recommended by a very satisfied customer. :rockon:

Blackbird
31st May 2006, 17:45
Have only just completed a tour of the east coast with Krayy. I hired an F650 dakar with panniers, top box AND all the riding gear for $269, pick up Friday, drop off Monday, unlimited kms from www.kea-motorcycles.com They were freaking excellent. They also hire larger BMWs and have branches in ChCh & Akl and do good package deals. Very highly recommended by a very satisfied customer. :rockon:

Do Kea actually allow you to to ride where you want? The guy I'm enquiring on behalf of gave me the impression that they only did fixed route tours

gunnyrob
31st May 2006, 17:51
Heck yeah, the only restrictions are up ski roads or beaches. We rode out to East cape on gravel, and they would have allowed us to go up waikaremoana if needed. they were flexible with the booking too. Krayy is writing a progressive ride report (search for gunnyrob) on the site. Again highly recommended

Blackbird
31st May 2006, 19:29
Heck yeah, the only restrictions are up ski roads or beaches. We rode out to East cape on gravel, and they would have allowed us to go up waikaremoana if needed. they were flexible with the booking too. Krayy is writing a progressive ride report (search for gunnyrob) on the site. Again highly recommended

Cool! Thank you for that:first:

NighthawkNZ
13th October 2006, 19:51
Central Otago MC Hire
http://www.comotorcyclehire.co.nz/

SARGE
13th October 2006, 19:57
hey BB... here is the UBD/ WISE's (http://www.wises.co.nz/map/default.aspx) site for m/c hire .... there are only a few listed in c'cch but i am working on getting all the M/C industry represented ( you can search by category)

moko
14th October 2006, 04:47
Te Waipounamu motor cycle hire,
all ChCh based

I used these guys a few years back,great people,bent over backwards to help when there was a snag.XT600 I had reserved was in pieces when I turned up so they gave me a GS1100RS for the same money.They`re in Auckland as well as Christchurch and you can rent at one base and drop the bike off at the other if you want to.I`d use them again and reccommend them to anyone,friendly,efficient and customer satisfaction high on the agenda,got all kinds of bikes from big Beemers to budget stuff like XJ900s.