PDA

View Full Version : Another question for the upholders of the law?

The_Dover
30th May 2006, 14:15
If I, err I mean my "friend", were to get two short skirted wimmin to push me, err him, about on my, his, gixxer with the engine not running would it be in breach of the 28 day suspension of licence?

I mean, obviously steep hills would be an issue and the coro loop would take a few weeks but would it be illegal?

cowpoos
30th May 2006, 14:24
why don't ya just ride anyway and chance it.....

DMNTD
30th May 2006, 14:27
why don't ya just ride anyway and chance it.....
Cause he's too slow...wouldn't stand a chance :scooter:
I'd never openly condone that sort of behaviour...never :nono:

SARGE
30th May 2006, 14:28
If I, err I mean my "friend", were to get two short skirted wimmin to push me, err him, about on my, his, gixxer with the engine not running would it be in breach of the 28 day suspension of licence?

I mean, obviously steep hills would be an issue and the coro loop would take a few weeks but would it be illegal?

i think as long as you dont have the keys in the ignition you would be fine .. however.. if a cop decided to cite you for being in the control of a motor vehicle while under license suspension..... he could do you that way, so i suggest dropping the bike a few times to prove you WERE NOT in control..

dawnrazor
30th May 2006, 14:31
a motorbike with out the engine running is a bicycle without pedals

Lou Girardin
30th May 2006, 14:32
'Driving' includes steering a vehicle on a road, even if it's not running.
Sorry fella, you just have to take this one with a grin.

Fishy
30th May 2006, 14:33
Just give the keys to me and be done with it. :scooter:

The_Dover
30th May 2006, 14:36
Just give the keys to me and be done with it. :scooter:

Actually I was going to ask what you looked like in a miniskirt?

Fishy
30th May 2006, 14:39
Actually I was going to ask what you looked like in a miniskirt?

Well, I did win the Edge radio stations "Scar Wars" competition so if you don't mind a few scars from my battle wounds then.....:scooter:

cowpoos
30th May 2006, 14:41
mind....they gunna hav to be some big arse butch chicks to push that fat cunt anywhere...so I doubt it will even happen anyway!!!

The_Dover
30th May 2006, 14:42
Sarah's a feisty one then. Didn't take too kindly to you wearing her underwear and LBD???

The_Dover
30th May 2006, 14:43
mind....they gunna hav to be some big arse butch chicks to push that fat cunt anywhere...so I doubt it will even happen anyway!!!

We live in New Zealand mate.

Anybody else read the government warning on a shortage of big arse butch chicks?

Me neither.

Ixion
30th May 2006, 16:28
Not quite on the original topic, and not relevant to a bike, but another question.

If your firend's licence is suspended for 28 days (NO!. This really IS hypothetical), can he still be driven in a cage by a learner?

Law says that a licenced driver must sit beside learner . Suspended licence holder does still HOLD a licence. And he is not driving the vehicle?

ManDownUnder
30th May 2006, 16:31
We live in New Zealand mate.

Anybody else read the government warning on a shortage of big arse butch chicks?

Me neither.

You're in fine form toady chap.

Good luck finding playmate of the month to get in behind ya

scumdog
30th May 2006, 16:43
Not quite on the original topic, and not relevant to a bike, but another question.

If your firend's licence is suspended for 28 days (NO!. This really IS hypothetical), can he still be driven in a cage by a learner?

Law says that a licenced driver must sit beside learner . Suspended licence holder does still HOLD a licence. And he is not driving the vehicle?

Licence suspended? Not CURRENT licence holder

ergo L driver does not have a supervisor beside him with a current licence

And said suspended person COULD be charged with 'being in charge of a vehicle while licence suspended'

The_Dover
30th May 2006, 16:44
I guess some other bugger will have to pick me up from the pub then :(

SwanTiger
30th May 2006, 18:46

I'll Pillion youu on the Hyosung :blip:

Zapf
30th May 2006, 18:49

it is still a "powered" motorcycle isn't it? human power :)

boomer
30th May 2006, 18:55
....prove you WERE NOT in control..

I think he's met that criteria and i'm sure theres many an upstanding citizen on here that can vouch for him in court!

Classic Sarge, i like your thinking :doobey:

boomer
30th May 2006, 18:58

Me neither.

Classic, your all class mate. They say "Many a truth said in jest..":second:

Bling Bling

Felicks
30th May 2006, 20:45
Your buggered. From memory case law even includes someone driving a car thats broken down and being towed by another as well as someone steering a broken down car while reaching through the drivers window to the steering wheel. All comes down to "control" or in the case of breath/blood alcohol charges, attempting to drive.

Having said that it'd be cheeky bugger to ticket you if two hot chicks were pushing. I'd prolly get out and give them both a hand...!!

Kickaha
31st May 2006, 06:50
Y From memory case law even includes someone driving a car thats broken down and being towed by another

I know someone who got done for this very thing, he thought the cops were joking right up until they handcuffed him :lol:

cruxis
31st May 2006, 22:21
IF the keys aint in the ignition, and engine is off, your will be fine.

scumdog
1st June 2006, 00:24
IF the keys aint in the ignition, and engine is off, your will be fine.

As long as you're not being towed or letting it 'free-wheel' down a hill etc....

SPman
1st June 2006, 18:24
I know someone who got done for this very thing, he thought the cops were joking right up until they handcuffed him :lol:
Just like my brother - done for drunk driving whilst parking his car at the kerb, after moving it from a driveway, while he was waiting for a taxi to take him home.
Got handcuffs - the lot.

gumby
1st June 2006, 18:46
Yeah, I have heard of people in the cage, sleeping with the keys in their pocket (not even in the ignition) and being done for being "in charge" of the vehicle.

On the thread, I think it would entirely depend on the mood of the 'kind gentleman' who asked to see your friends licence. Chances are, if your friend didn't say anything, the cop would be more worried about the fact you had 'broken down', which would be the only reason for getting your bike pushed (wouldn't it??).

Indoo
1st June 2006, 19:00
Just like my brother - done for drunk driving whilst parking his car at the kerb, after moving it from a driveway, while he was waiting for a taxi to take him home.
Got handcuffs - the lot.

It might seem rough, but I don't think you'd be asking the judge to show sympathy if some drunk prick took you out when they were pulling out of a driveway.

Felicks
2nd June 2006, 22:28
Times change. 15 years ago when I joined the job - you stood a real good change of getting a warning for moderate drunk driving from a cop, your keys would have been taken off you and you would have been told to walk home. At that time it was "socially acceptable" to drink and drive.

That is no longer the case and I'm pleased to say so.

Off the subject but still important. Something else that needs to change "socially", is family violence. Thats something that doesn't get as much publicity (it's almost a taboo subject to some), but it still needs to change. Sadly, I suspect it's going to take a lot longer for that to happen...

diggydog
4th June 2006, 19:54
i woud'nt mind driving behind just in case they run out of petrol.