PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home. Best way to sell?

enderpb
30th May 2006, 17:33
:bye:

Well my stay here has been great, I have really enjoyed the pace of life and the people compared to the states, but I am starting to look at my departure date and I am getting a little nervous about my $4000 bike investment not making any returns.

Originally I thought it was a good plan to purchase a bike rather than hiring one for 4 months. Was I right? I have gotten a lot of joy out of it and I have ridden it alot.

My biggest question I quess is what is the best way to sell my bike? I will post it here and in trademe. Is there anywhere else that I should post it? Are there any dealerships that purchase used bikes? I know I wouldn't see the same return from a dealership but it may be more of a sure thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regaurds
Marcus

Colapop
30th May 2006, 17:35
I'll look after it for you ... until you come back :blip:

igor
31st May 2006, 10:04
:bye:

Well my stay here has been great, I have really enjoyed the pace of life and the people compared to the states, but I am starting to look at my departure date and I am getting a little nervous about my $4000 bike investment not making any returns.

Originally I thought it was a good plan to purchase a bike rather than hiring one for 4 months. Was I right? I have gotten a lot of joy out of it and I have ridden it alot.

My biggest question I quess is what is the best way to sell my bike? I will post it here and in trademe. Is there anywhere else that I should post it? Are there any dealerships that purchase used bikes? I know I wouldn't see the same return from a dealership but it may be more of a sure thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regaurds
Marcus

to hire a bike for 4 months at $100 a day would cost ya $12000 so ya made a very good choice.

Send it to me and say give me $2000 cash and i will keep it here and sell it back to u when u return. i have a shed out the back and have 3 other bikes in it at moment that ant mine.

On a more serious note don't ruin ya holiday worrying about how much ya gunna get for it. look at all the fun ya had and the places it took ya, that is worth a lot more than $4k. Good luck sellin it or if ya gunna return and ya happy with it, put the regno on hold, give it to someone who will give it a run evrey now an then and its here next time for ya.

Badcat
31st May 2006, 10:11
list it here on KB with some good pictures.

WickedOne
31st May 2006, 10:21
list it here on KB with some good pictures.

Agree with Badcat, you could also put it on www.sellmefree.co.nz which (unlike Trademe) won't cost you anything to sell.

igor
31st May 2006, 10:44
Agree with Badcat, you could also put it on www.sellmefree.co.nz which (unlike Trademe) won't cost you anything to sell.

and the difference is one is free and probably won't sel and it gets f all views and the other costs u 420 and its is seen by many and sells.

good logic. I guess ya can't eat strawberries either. Can't process the pips a.

__________________________________________________ ______

put a fair slighty lower than fair price and it will get swept up and ya troubles have gone away. remeber if ya wanted to make money ya wonn't of bought land/house not a depreciating asset. everything else.

Your situation is slighty different than my formula but heres the way i look at things.
senario 1
I bought a car for my wife in 1996. $22000 cash. We still have it, has never cost a cent apart from 1 set tyres, 2 batteries and the usual. it is now worth $6000

it has gone down $16000 in ten years. thats $1600 a year. $30 a week. now that ant to bad to get i and turn the key and it goes every time for ten years for a cost of a whole $30 a week.

senario 2
young Dumb C#*T whose knows all buys a car with a trade of a shitter for $12000 at 29% interest with payments of $400 a month. The car is really only worth $8000 but hes dumb. Spends $3500 on mags and $1000 lowering it and giving it more bling. Now this is the fastest mazda 323 in NZ of course. (used to be owned by a 79 year old woman in Ngasaki). Decides to sell it 10 months later as he has found a faster car that will make he penis look bigger. shame the girls will never see it as all he does is laps of the main street an never gets out of the car. (loser). gets $5000 for the car, still paying off the bits and has to refinace again. don't bother about teh figures as it ant pretty.

senario 3
Yank comes to NZ buys a bike for $4000, has a ball riding it for 4 months and has memories for life. sells it for $2000 to a bike shop.

senario 4
kiwi 22 year old goes to UK buys a BMW for $1500 pounds and rides through europe for 3 months, meets others bikers, has a ball and still remembers all the passes and made friends for life and still in contact with them 18 years later. sells bike for $1000 pounds (me)

some things more important than money

WickedOne
31st May 2006, 10:53
and the difference is one is free and probably won't sel and it gets f all views and the other costs u 420 and its is seen by many and sells.

good logic. I guess ya can't eat strawberries either. Can't process the pips a.

__________________________________________________ ______

put a fair slighty lower than fair price and it will get swept up and ya troubles have gone away. remeber if ya wanted to make money ya wonn't of bought land/house not a depreciating asset. everything else.

Your situation is slighty different than my formula but heres the way i look at things.
senario 1
I bought a car for my wife in 1996. $22000 cash. We still have it, has never cost a cent apart from 1 set tyres, 2 batteries and the usual. it is now worth $6000

Blah, blah...

remembers all the passes and made friends for life and still in contact with them 18 years later. sells bike for $1000 pounds (me)

For those of us who are not so pessimistic...

Maybe the other 922 bikes for sale on sellmefree are wasting their time as well, and the 65 "Bikes Wanted" ads....

I know of someone who sold a car on sellmefree in 2 days, it does work and why pay to sell when you can do it for free?.

marty
31st May 2006, 11:08
i would have thought that it would sell pretty quickly for say $3500 ono. even at a grand drop, it's still less than $10/day rental

enderpb
1st June 2006, 01:41
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/enderpb/Bikead1sm.jpg

Posh Tourer :P
1st June 2006, 03:18
senario 4
kiwi 22 year old goes to UK buys a BMW for $1500 pounds and rides through europe for 3 months, meets others bikers, has a ball and still remembers all the passes and made friends for life and still in contact with them 18 years later. sells bike for $1000 pounds (me)

Damn thought you were talking about me there!!! (until I got to the 18 year bit.... Oh and the selling bit.....)

enderpb
3rd June 2006, 18:11
Well I posted it here on KB take a look folks. It is in the Online trading section.