PDA

View Full Version : ride to taupo raceway

FROSTY
17th May 2004, 11:41
Hey I thought maybee some KB members might want to come down to Taupo on the 5th of june and watch the racing.
It looks like Two Smoke will be out in the 150 class, Baby B will be out in Clubmans,KK will be racing F3 ,Motoracer will be out in f2 or maybee clubmans -Ill be out following all the f3 guys round and showing em what NOT to do.
a good KB representation in most of the feilds

Cajun
17th May 2004, 11:55
i might be interested

Ghost Lemur
17th May 2004, 12:15
Damn it you guys are seriously making me want to move to Auckland. Rides every weekend, tackday/racing galore.

Cajun
17th May 2004, 12:21
thats what ya get when ya a southern folk dc:<

i wouldn't move to auckland tho to many aucklanders there for my liking

Devil
17th May 2004, 12:23
Hah
chip + shoulder = south of the bombays.

Cajun
17th May 2004, 12:38
hahaa nah i got smart and moved out of auckland few years ago lived there for 18 years. been out of there for 7, one thing i do miss about auckland are the drivers, at least they know where they want to go not like granny land tauranga, they think they are all going for a sunday drive every day.

jimbo600
17th May 2004, 13:04
Hey I thought maybee some KB members might want to come down to Taupo on the 5th of june and watch the racing.
It looks like Two Smoke will be out in the 150 class, Baby B will be out in Clubmans,KK will be racing F3 ,Motoracer will be out in f2 or maybee clubmans -Ill be out following all the f3 guys round and showing em what NOT to do.
a good KB representation in most of the feilds

Sounds good man. I'll see if the Welly crowd want a group ride up. Be a good chance to meet up at Taupo.

Could even make a weekend of it. Round the lake on Sunday anyone?

FROSTY
17th May 2004, 14:39
good idea jimbo .might make a good place to meet up for the weekend. :rockon:

Cajun
17th May 2004, 14:45
yep that sounds primo,

Devil
17th May 2004, 14:48
*sniff* I want to get rid of my L plate :(

madandy
17th May 2004, 17:27
I'll be there for sure.2-up probably.Cant wait to see some people we know racing on the track.

FROSTY
17th May 2004, 22:59
well its pretty central for all Kb members country wide.
Well practice starts 9 ish and we should finish racing at 5.30

FROSTY
18th May 2004, 19:47
well guys Ive got motel booked for friday night
yea yea I know wimp

SPman
18th May 2004, 21:11
well guys Ive got motel booked for friday night
yea yea I know wimp
Which one? Us marshalls are staying at Camellia Court, apparently.

LB
19th May 2004, 05:33
I'm at Cutters (0800 CUTTERS) - they're pretty reasonably priced and about 30 seconds walk away from the McDonalds/McCafe

(yeah yeah, I know my life revolves around food......and good coffee)

Ms Piggy
19th May 2004, 06:13
(yeah yeah, I know my life revolves around food......and good coffee)

As it should! It what keeps a great rider going :yes:

RiderInBlack
19th May 2004, 06:26
Which one? Us marshalls are staying at Camellia Court, apparently.
How are they doing for marshalls? Have marshalled @ Puke and Paeroa. Will come down to Taupo if they are short (it'll give me the excuse to visit my sister in Toupo as well:msn-wink: ).

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 09:33
im staying in camelia court --now I just gota find the place

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 13:07
If any auckland -or welswhere -riders want to ride down on friday nite Ive booked a motel with room for 5 maybee 6 people.
at the mo there are 3 of us

Kwaka-Kid
19th May 2004, 16:04
You guys are forgetting the Female Side of racing on here. Im sure Mitch will be out there from memory! and im guessing our Slim will be there watching Craig(non KB). And i think a KB'er or 2 are coming down in my van.

fpsware
19th May 2004, 21:38
I'll probably be riding down with Madandy and Cajun. My other half will go in the car and we'll make a weekend of it.

FROSTY
19th May 2004, 21:44
cool nannas sounds like itll be a good weekend

What?
20th May 2004, 08:36
I'll be there if I can shake this bloody awful cold I have had for the last 2 weeks...

Cajun
20th May 2004, 09:53
I'll probably be riding down with Madandy and Cajun. My other half will go in the car and we'll make a weekend of it.

I will only be going down for the day ride down saturday morning for racing and come home again saturday avo, its only 1 hour 30 mins from taupo back to tauranga,

Hoon
20th May 2004, 10:42
Yeah I should be there in F3 as well.

Kwaka-Kid
20th May 2004, 12:02
No WAY! The Hoon lives! havnt seen you around lately dude, was hoping nothing had happened!. Wicked dude, now do you mind if i borrow some lines around taupo? :P Or did you learn and wont show me anything now? :(

Hoon
20th May 2004, 15:04
Hey I'm only good for Puke. I hear you're the Taupo guru so I think I'll be doing the line stealing this time if I can keep up :)

This will be my last race on the RGV. Shes taught me everything she can about braking and cornering but its time to move on so I've bought a ZXR400L. Its still in road trim at the mo but I'll be working on it over winter to have it ready to race later this year.

Kwaka-Kid
21st May 2004, 17:19
Hey I'm only good for Puke. I hear you're the Taupo guru so I think I'll be doing the line stealing this time if I can keep up :)

This will be my last race on the RGV. Shes taught me everything she can about braking and cornering but its time to move on so I've bought a ZXR400L. Its still in road trim at the mo but I'll be working on it over winter to have it ready to race later this year.
Hey Hoon thats Great News!!! Good one dude, cant wait to see you out there. You know my expectations of you are high so you best get it out there fast and prove them! finally dude, its taken a while but none the less youve had valuble experience im sure from the RGV.

Wicked.

FROSTY
21st May 2004, 17:27
holey cow--are there gonna be ANY non KB members on the F grid ??

Kwaka-Kid
23rd May 2004, 21:22
Like i said, Can we get a little board or something put up on the main site with all the KB'ers in F3 and have a battle for the ranks within KB. :D Because half the bloody field is KB! :D

babyB
23rd May 2004, 21:53
Im gonna be there with bells on. be cool to see everyone.
mayb we need i sign up for KBs to meet/parking area. lol whos got the big tent?

madandy
24th May 2004, 17:13
I will only be going down for the day ride down saturday morning for racing and come home again saturday avo, its only 1 hour 30 mins from taupo back to tauranga,

Sounds like a plan...Mike, Sharon could ride with Becs! Then I will be able to ride at yours & Cajuns pace.

RiderInBlack
24th May 2004, 20:28
Well that's me stuff for Taupo:crybaby: . Harvest Starting the week before hand so will not be able to use friday to get there (as well as having to shoe horses in the weekend as not to interfer with the harvest).

Indiana_Jones
24th May 2004, 20:33
*sniff* I want to get rid of my L plate :(

Me too man :no:

-Indy

MadDuck
24th May 2004, 20:43
Well count me in. A good chance to see what my bike can do and get some practice on longer trips.

Any spare beds left xjxjxj? or have I left it too late :spudwhat:

FROSTY
24th May 2004, 20:47
might be able to queeze one more in.

Cajun
24th May 2004, 20:53
Sounds like a plan...Mike, Sharon could ride with Becs! Then I will be able to ride at yours & Cajuns pace.

Sweet as just let me know madandy,

madandy
25th May 2004, 06:01
What would be the best way to go?Meet at yours and over the kaimais, down through Toke?or back to Pyes Pa and down Tauranga direct road?
Looking forward to this

Cajun
25th May 2004, 07:43
shrug i'm not to fussed, you choose which route, and i will be there

madandy
26th May 2004, 06:06
All right then.We'll meet at Capitol Tractors on Barkes corner and off down the old direct road to vegas.Then through those long forestry roads to Taupo :msn-wink:

Cajun
26th May 2004, 07:49
what time??

FROSTY
27th May 2004, 09:16
ok aucklanders.What do you guys want to do??
Ill be going down friday night with mine and motoracers bikes I think.
Ill be at the track with KB banners --mind you the bike will be hard to miss
Number 20 bright yellow

Motoracer
27th May 2004, 10:33
Woooohoooo! got me a race licence finally!! I'll be #15 and thats the blue GSXR-600.

Cajun
27th May 2004, 11:52
sweet motoracer

go hard

FROSTY
27th May 2004, 17:23
how did you get 15 ya lucky sod ??
my 20 in f3 looks scrawney now :angry2:

Motoracer
27th May 2004, 17:36
She said #13 first. I am not supersticious but that was just asking for it so I said "whats the next one up". #15 it was!

Got me a Suomy helmet and a Clover back protector today. I am pretty much all sorted after I get the tires on Tuesday and put top notch engine oil on it next week.

Kwaka-Kid
27th May 2004, 18:58
How did u get a number? i ahvnt been assigned a number or anything that i can see on my documents sent back with my new licence?!!!
and i really want 35 officially, how how how? can i just email?. damn.

Motoracer
27th May 2004, 20:51
You just ring MNZ in Huntly to get yourself a race number.

I went to AMCC clubroom tonight and the race chairman (lynett I think) said I can't do anything other than clubmans before I can prove myself. If she thinks I am upto it then only I can go in with the F2 guys, maybe... Everyone else reckoned I should have gone in F2 but oh well...

This is kinda exciting cause knowing me, I'll go out of my way to prove something. Hopefully I am not gonna bin it though...

FROSTY
27th May 2004, 20:55
bollox --they cant refuse you a class entry at club level.
sheesh ill give her shite next time I see her

Motoracer
27th May 2004, 21:00
Thanx Tony. If all goes well, I will probably be able to enter in F2 after a race in the clubmans. If the guys at clubmans don't become a real handful that is.

Firefight
28th May 2004, 07:00
Thanx Tony. If all goes well, I will probably be able to enter in F2 after a race in the clubmans. If the guys at clubmans don't become a real handful that is.

Hey MR, can't make taupo this time, am stuck :angry: at woodhill bike park that day, will try for the next one, Sorting your shopping list this morning :yeah:

F/F

White trash
28th May 2004, 07:39
You just ring MNZ in Huntly to get yourself a race number.

I went to AMCC clubroom tonight and the race chairman (lynett I think) said I can't do anything other than clubmans before I can prove myself. If she thinks I am upto it then only I can go in with the F2 guys, maybe... Everyone else reckoned I should have gone in F2 but oh well...

This is kinda exciting cause knowing me, I'll go out of my way to prove something. Hopefully I am not gonna bin it though...

What a load of shit! At the risk of sounding like a big head, put me in a clubmans field on my first time out and every other racer's going to think I'm a burgler!

You're in the same boat, MR. Push your point, you'll learn more and quicker in F2.

Motoracer
28th May 2004, 09:20
What a load of shit! At the risk of sounding like a big head, put me in a clubmans field on my first time out and every other racer's going to think I'm a burgler!

I did just that. From seeing the entry for both F2 and F1 from a person who has never raced before, I think she was kind of outraged by that idea so she definetly wants to see me in clubmans first.

Hopefully I'll get to join the F2 boys later on in the day though.

P.S. Thanx a mill FF! I couldn't have gotten this far without your help and you know it :) Thanx to your bud Chris too!

FROSTY
28th May 2004, 11:04
um er yea MR prolly the F1 entry was a bit cheeky
Id talk to clark of course on the day. get some fast lap times in and ya wont run in clubbie--believe me

FROSTY
28th May 2004, 11:05
Hey MR, can't make taupo this time, am stuck :angry: at woodhill bike park that day, will try for the next one, Sorting your shopping list this morning :yeah:

F/F
Did you get my shopping list FF?
one pits bunny ,15 lead weights for the other bikes-----

babyB
30th May 2004, 11:15
Ok ppl what are your plans for gettin to Taupo on the 5th,
transport/ accomidation/whatever?

XJ/Frosty has a motel booked to accomidate 4 to 6 ppl. there may stiil be openings here

MadDuck
30th May 2004, 12:59
Have managed to wangle the afternoon off work..... :whistle:

Weather (and my bad back) permitting I was planning to take the bike down Friday arvo.

Anyone wanna join me then it would be great to have some company. Was planning to gatecrash XJs accomodation - oh I did ask first

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 11:27
ok guys n gals --give me a call 021544251 if ya lookin for a place to stay.
at this stage theres 3 blokes and a lady gonna be in the motel but we can fit more

White trash
31st May 2004, 11:36
at this stage theres 3 blokes and a lady gonna be in the motel but we can fit more

Whos the lady? :shifty: My wife booted me out a couple of months back and it sure is hard to meet new people in my line of work,

Actually, SpankMe, how about a meet people thread for KBers? :Oops:

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 12:31
Whos the lady? :shifty: My wife booted me out a couple of months back and it sure is hard to meet new people in my line of work,

Actually, SpankMe, how about a meet people thread for KBers? :Oops:
dont sweat it dude lotsa ladys like bikers

Kwaka-Kid
31st May 2004, 17:20
yeah MR, you might not be the fastest F2 rider yet, and possibly only midfield, but you will just reap clubmans, and they cant tell you what to go in, you choose! straight up.

Cajun
1st June 2004, 10:07

I might be interested xj/frosty i let ya know

FROSTY
2nd June 2004, 12:58
HEY GUYS N GALS KEEP IN MIND ITS ALONNG WEEKEND SO YA CAN TAKE 2 DAYS TO RECOVER

Cajun
2nd June 2004, 14:45
yeah the woman is busy with wedding stuff for her sister most of the weekend so i can spend most of time doing want i wanna do.

WOOO HOOO

Mitch
2nd June 2004, 16:33
how did you get 15 ya lucky sod ??
my 20 in f3 looks scrawney now :angry2:

Wow this is going to be one bloody fantastic race meeting!!!!!
The battle of the F3 KBers hehe I will be there with bells on, just got 47 back in one poece after my off and we are all set and ready to go!!!!
Don't worry about your number XJ I'm 47 mate so you must be faster then me :niceone: :not: Do you have any space left in that motel room?????

Hoon
2nd June 2004, 17:22
Yeah I'm not sure I can make it now. My van is getting a new gearbox put in and I don't know if it'll be ready in time :(

I might just ride down on the ZXR400 to watch and try scab back my entry fee :)

Quasievil
2nd June 2004, 17:42
I am planing to go down, anyone going down from Auckland on a Bike, I wouldnt mind tagging on with ya, could show you some nice backroads to :Punk:
Otherwise how will we I know who the KB members are ?? any flags or stuff ?

Mitch
2nd June 2004, 17:45
Yeah I'm not sure I can make it now. My van is getting a new gearbox put in and I don't know if it'll be ready in time :(

Aw come on Hoon, It just won't be the same without you mate!!!!!!

Hoon
2nd June 2004, 17:47

You'll be alright. Just take note of the bikes/nos in everyones avatars, track us down on the day and come introduce yourself.

Aw come on Hoon, It just won't be the same without you mate!!!!!!

Believe me, I'm "Aw coming on" as much as I can but as the date draws nearer, my chances get slimmer.

Racey Rider
2nd June 2004, 18:53
So what club is running it?
Can we enter on the day?
Cost?

Mitch
2nd June 2004, 19:13
Heya Racey
It's an Auckland Motorcycle Club event, yup entry on the day is no problem and it's 85 I think. Will we be seeing you there?

Racey Rider
2nd June 2004, 19:46
I'ld like to make it. But depends on if my wheel comes back from getting "fixed" after I wreaked it last week. (Don't ask!) Should know more tomorrow.

Kwaka-Kid
2nd June 2004, 20:58
yippie kai yay! Lets do this guys!
argh hoon wish i could help maybe maybe can, sounds like you need help more then anyone... and u live just up the road from me, i was planning on leaving now possibly at 3:30pmish from this area. (or at least my dad will, and ill meet him at another mates place to drop my street bike back at after work)
Worst come to worst and i dont get accomodation for the night *NO THANKS TO MITCH! :P* we will leave at around 3:30am, and then you can definatly get a ride Hoon :)

Slim
3rd June 2004, 00:17
No flags, although a lot of people have t-shirts, but it'll probably be far too cold in Taupo to be wondering around in only a t-shirt! :cold:

I'm with Craig on #47 and Brett on an unknown # with a white van, usually parked really close to the entrance to the pits.

Maybe we could arrange a time to meet at a specific point to say hi & then we'll all know faces???

FROSTY
3rd June 2004, 01:25
actually slim thanks to lynda blair ill have poster sized kb sighns all over whatever vehicle ive got.
With a bit of luck and planning all us KB folks will pit together..
Motoracer will have his van and at this stage so will I
Mitch no worries re motel room--at a squeeze itll take 6 people and at this stage its only got 3
mind you if kk comes along ya might end up sharing a bed lol
-ohh and keep in mind mitch -ive gone back to L plates so ill prolly be a mobile chicane out there
hey any offers to help with the final settup of mella yella -number 20 would be pretty cool

Kwaka-Kid
3rd June 2004, 06:26
Hey frosty, all good, so umm, you got nuf room to squeeze me and my old man in? we would only make it down to taupo on friday night say 8pmish. that is if we do the night mission... im tossing and turning over it as i want hoon to come, Hoon brother, PM me your hm phone number and ill ring you after work.
see how it all randomly pans out, i keep a foam bed thing in the back of hte van anyways, so i could be sleeping with my bike at this stage.
oh and Re the sharing a bed with mitch - were you not almost begging that last time mitch? ;)
bahaha, ohh *chuckles* :P

LB
3rd June 2004, 06:39
Suggestions for a KB meet up at Taupo

Two suggestions.

Breakfast on Saturday, any time from 6.45am onwards at McDonald's at Taupo. They have a McCafe so a girl (or bloke) can get a decent caffeine fix while munching on a BLT Bagel. WT: Shall I order you a BLT Bagel???

At the track - apart from going along to XJ/FROSTY's pit (covered in KB posters!) whenever during the day, what say we try to all meet up there at the lunch break? It'd be nice to get a group photo to post on the site.

I agree with Slim - I have a KB t-shirt, but if I wear it, it will be under my jersey and jacket!!

Whaddaya think?

Quasievil
3rd June 2004, 07:18
Suggestions for a KB meet up at Taupo

Two suggestions.

Breakfast on Saturday, any time from 6.45am onwards at McDonald's at Taupo. They have a McCafe so a girl (or bloke) can get a decent caffeine fix while munching on a BLT Bagel. WT: Shall I order you a BLT Bagel???

At the track - apart from going along to XJ/FROSTY's pit (covered in KB posters!) whenever during the day, what say we try to all meet up there at the lunch break? It'd be nice to get a group photo to post on the site.

I agree with Slim - I have a KB t-shirt, but if I wear it, it will be under my jersey and jacket!!

Whaddaya think?

I will be there before lunchtime so see you then bye

Cajun
3rd June 2004, 10:01
Quasi I be there won't be hard to miss me in me yellow leathers, and how the pipe has been moded its a mmm little louder now.

FROSTY
3rd June 2004, 11:56
Hey frosty, all good, so umm, you got nuf room to squeeze me and my old man in? we would only make it down to taupo on friday night say 8pmish. that is if we do the night mission... im tossing and turning over it as i want hoon to come, Hoon brother, PM me your hm phone number and ill ring you after work.
see how it all randomly pans out, i keep a foam bed thing in the back of hte van anyways, so i could be sleeping with my bike at this stage.
oh and Re the sharing a bed with mitch - were you not almost begging that last time mitch? ;)
bahaha, ohh *chuckles* :P+
dude call me
at the moment I have room

Hoon
3rd June 2004, 11:57

Yeah well me and my mechanic might throw sickies tomorrow and do the big van fixing mission...I'll know tonight but if we don't, tell you what....I'll fork out for a motel room for me/you/Rod and any extras if you get me+bike there!!

Just rung Camellias court and they are booked out but Cutters still has vacancies! PMed you!!

FROSTY
3rd June 2004, 13:40
hoon-- its booked cos Ive got a big room booked.
give me a yell to let me know how many

FROSTY
3rd June 2004, 13:44
[QUOTE=Lynda Blair]Suggestions for a KB meet up at Taupo

Two suggestions.

Lynda --great idea But I wont make the am one.
I just talked to clerk of course and theyre gonna stick strictly to program
That means scrutineering will be 8.00-9.15
If we rock up late no racing. and as mine is a newbee to the club theyll go over her with a fine tooth comb
Its because last meeting was shortened

Ohh and lynda --If ya can turn up with some hot food drink at lunch timeish I wouuld luv ya longtime.
Might even not hassle ya about ya boots.

]

Slim
4th June 2004, 00:02
HELP!

Previously laid plans have fallen through (Brett's pulled out! :disapint: ) and at this stage Craig hasn't been able to find out if we can still stay at his friends or not.

So, Frosty or Lynda - any spare space for 2 more? This is my last night shift, so please text me Friday & I'll call you back. 027 2894998. We're likely to leave Te Puke after Craig finishes work - hopefully leaving before 5pm. I know Frosty's booked for Friday night - what about Saturday too?

Thanks
Lisa

FROSTY
4th June 2004, 01:03
at this point I have 3 totally confirmed.
the place has 2 double beds and 2 singles
so if you guys want one double then no probs.
I can probably organise extra bed or beds in the lounge.
its a case of first come first served.

Slim
4th June 2004, 02:32
so if you guys want one double then no probs.
its a case of first come first served.
This is just for Friday night, right?

I'll text you in the morning, once I've spoken to Craig. We'd definitely be in for a double bed if poss.

Thanks. :)

LB
4th June 2004, 03:33
Frosty:
The last few times we've been to Taupo they've had a food caravan there that does a reasonable selection of food - some hot.

Slim:
I'll text you later this mng re the bed - not sure at this stage if some of our Taranaki mates might be coming up to share, in which case no spares. If they don't come we will most likely have a spare - will touch base later. (I won't be back on KB after about 6.20am this morning, we're going to Taupo straight from work tonight)

White Trash: Note the time - have I outdone myself this time?

Slim
4th June 2004, 04:48
Thanks Lynda. :)

White Trash: Note the time - have I outdone myself this time?
I've been trying to figure out for some time if you're just an early riser, but I figure that you're on night shift this week too? :sleep:

Kwaka-Kid
4th June 2004, 05:17
hey guys, MAN WHAT A MISSION! up latish last night after finding i SNAPPED my main swingarm pivot bolt and so it turned out to be a whole conversion of new tail end - Swingarm, shock, linkages, and pivot bolt. all just because some wolly used the wrong one on her - either that or taking her out to do some motorcross last weekend in the dirt wasnt very smart?
Anyways its deleyed me in getting ready and id like to help HO-Hoon, so saturday morning 4am i will be on my way to taupo.
cheers guys.

Slim
4th June 2004, 05:23
so saturday morning 4am i will be on my way to taupo.
cheers guys.
Ouch!!! :shit: :sleep:

LB
4th June 2004, 05:58
Not a shift worker, I'm an early riser (though I have been back to bed between this post and the previous one).

Racey Rider
4th June 2004, 09:01
That means scrutineering will be 8.00-9.15

Scrutineering !! :shutup:

Never been through a Scrutineering.

What are they looking for?

What the normal bribe?

Still can't confirm that I'll be there yet. But the bike shop did ring this morning saying my wheel might arrive today.

Hoon
4th June 2004, 09:54
Anyways its deleyed me in getting ready and id like to help HO-Hoon, so saturday morning 4am i will be on my way to taupo.
cheers guys.

Yep KK has saved my bacon (for that I'll let you beat me tomorrow:)) and we'll be heading down 4am Sat morning YAY!!! Thanks Frosty for the offer for accomodation but we should be alright now!

Motoracer
4th June 2004, 11:35
I am off now. I still have to put the bike together and head down to toupo at about late afternoon.

Cajun
4th June 2004, 12:44
good luck Motoracer i see you there tomorrow

babyB
4th June 2004, 13:00
good luck you guys. hope to catch up with u tomoro

SPman
4th June 2004, 13:40
My bikes still in the hospital, so looks like I'm borrowing the trusty RF400. - with OE TYRES!!!! Oh well, a cautious ride down!

FROSTY
4th June 2004, 14:35
Just to confirm-- Ill be at ccamellia court so will MR,slim and partner and Madduck.
its only for friday night but may not bbe booked saturday for anyone wanting to stay,

Kwaka-Kid
4th June 2004, 15:47
sweet. well cyas all there!

Shazuki
6th June 2004, 09:37
My bikes still in the hospital, so looks like I'm borrowing the trusty RF400. - with OE TYRES!!!! Oh well, a cautious ride down!

SPman what brand/model are the OE tyres?
Andy's came with MeZ4's but he did'nt like them, just fitted a new BT012 on the front and he says it feels real good.

Cajun
6th June 2004, 14:54
Did he replace the rear??
He should have done, don't want mix matched tires on

SPman
6th June 2004, 16:24
SPman what brand/model are the OE tyres?
Andy's came with MeZ4's but he did'nt like them, just fitted a new BT012 on the front and he says it feels real good. Bridgestone Cyrox!
Put on a Diablo rear and Diablo Super Corsa Front. Much better!

Cajun
7th June 2004, 09:39
Leave the bridgestone along SPman, both the suzukis here at home got bridgestone 010 on 600 bandit and 014 on me sixxer.
With the wifes vtr1000f to followed shortly by some 012's most likley

madandy
8th June 2004, 05:55
I scrubbed the new BT012 in yesterday and its terrific.Long way around the sidewalls to chicken strips though!

My rear is a Shinko(forget model) it heats up real good and sticks like glue.I got it with the intention of using a Shinko on the front too but elected to try the Bridgestone on the front for wet handling.I will fit a BT012r when it wears down some more.

Cajun
8th June 2004, 07:39
ahhh sweet andy, we went out for a little blast yesterday just over to matamata for lunch, let the wifey have a gone on the gixxer, since i done the pipe. damn woman thrashing the poor we thing, hahahhaha she tryed to see if she can get the 115km/h in first gear, by 105 km/h she changed up in to second then looked and she was doing 140km/h,

SPman
8th June 2004, 19:48
Leave the bridgestone along SPman, .... Yeah, I like Bridgestones...but its the partners bike and she wanted Diablos. :2guns:

Cajun
9th June 2004, 07:43
me had problems with pirellis i must say it was the daiblos tho.

i stick to what i like and trust