PDA

View Full Version : What's been done to my street magic?

Grantasaurus
4th June 2006, 11:04
I've recently acquired a square indicator street magic and I'm trying to figure out what mods have been done to it, so I can do more/ remove some of the stuff that could potentially make it go bang.
So far I've figured out the obvious, in that it has an aftermarket (Gianelli) expansion chamber and muffler. What I can't figure out is whether it has a changed CDI or not. It runs to 90ks, but my mates stocker will beat it off the line easy. This would most likely be because of heavier rollers wouldn't it? or could it be a changed final gear or something of that ilk?
Also, do these things ordinarily come with a 90km/h speedo?

Thanks to anybody who might be able to help me :)

crashe
4th June 2006, 11:18
Grantasaurus - welcome to KB.

Street Magic's - chat to WINJA as he is the guru on them.

Can you post up any pic's of your bike, so then he can see, what moderfications have been done to it.

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

White trash
4th June 2006, 11:27
Most likely that with the flash 'spanny on it (and whatever else it's got), it's sacrificed some bottom end in exchange for more revs. Hence the higher top speed.

WINJA
4th June 2006, 20:25
I've recently acquired a square indicator street magic and I'm trying to figure out what mods have been done to it, so I can do more/ remove some of the stuff that could potentially make it go bang.
So far I've figured out the obvious, in that it has an aftermarket (Gianelli) expansion chamber and muffler. What I can't figure out is whether it has a changed CDI or not. It runs to 90ks, but my mates stocker will beat it off the line easy. This would most likely be because of heavier rollers wouldn't it? or could it be a changed final gear or something of that ilk?
Also, do these things ordinarily come with a 90km/h speedo?

Thanks to anybody who might be able to help me :)
YOU SURE ITS NOT A TR110 ?

Grantasaurus
4th June 2006, 20:50
Yep, its definitely not a 110. Besides, don't 110s come with a 100k speedo?

WINJA
4th June 2006, 20:59
Yep, its definitely not a 110. Besides, don't 110s come with a 100k speedo?
90 KMH IS PRETTY FAST FOR A 50 , DOES IT HAVE A BIG BORE KIT? I THINK THE ROUND INDICATOR 50 WITH HIGH BEAM AND ALI PEGS HAS A 60K SPEEDO AND MY SQUARE INDICATOR HAS A 70 K SPEEDO. HAS YOURS GOT STEEL RIMS?

Grantasaurus
8th June 2006, 15:48
Nah, its got the dark grey enkei alloys on it. I wouldn't know whether it has a big bore or not. Is there any way of telling?
Just to verify it does 85-90 on a slight downhill and a few ks over 80 on the flat

WINJA
8th June 2006, 19:51
Nah, its got the dark grey enkei alloys on it. I wouldn't know whether it has a big bore or not. Is there any way of telling?
Just to verify it does 85-90 on a slight downhill and a few ks over 80 on the flat
THERE SHOULD BE A CC RATING ON THE BARREL , TAKE THE PLASTIC SHROUD OFF AND CHECK