PDA

View Full Version : SAVA Tyres, anybody?

Street Gerbil
4th June 2006, 13:12
Ladies and Gentlemen,
it appears that for some weird reason the land of sheep and kiwi birds is completely devoid of Bridgestone 130/70-12 ML50 tyres. My options so far are: getting a Conti twist (which is slick and obvously unsuitable for Auckland driving), ordering a SCHWALB Weatherman from Germany (which will probably cost close to the price of a new ride because of the shipping) or getting a SAVA tyre from Scootling.
Herein lies the question, does anyone know anything about this brand?
Can there possibly be any faith in a slovenian tyre?
Cheers!

Mr. Peanut
4th June 2006, 13:21
Most anything is going to be a marked improvement over factory tyres, ask WINJA.. :rockon:

Madness
4th June 2006, 13:27
I put a set of Barum/SAVA tyres on a cage I had once. Seem like a good tyre. For the cage tyres the importers are agents for BFG and Continental also. There are products now coming into NZ from countries we have never considered as producers of said products. I'm running Chinese made tyres on my Holden Ute and would rate them higher than any relatively priced brand name tyres I've used before.

Motu
4th June 2006, 13:43
Sava are a common name seen on 4x4 tyres,and I had some of the front of my 'Coon years ago.But I've seen the Sava name on the NZ made budget Kelly's lately.Tyres have names,and that's all they are....you can put any name on anything.....best look at the quality....

Kickaha
4th June 2006, 14:26
I'm running Chinese made tyres on my Holden Ute and would rate them higher than any relatively priced brand name tyres I've used before.

We did some tyre testing on "cheaper brands" at Ruapuna once, all I'd say is you get what you pay for, because there was a considerable difference in performance, although to be fair unless you were in a emergency situation you probably wouldnt notice a lot of difference but the usual rule applies "you get what you pay for"

Sava are a common name seen on 4x4 tyres,and I had some of the front of my 'Coon years ago.But I've seen the Sava name on the NZ made budget Kelly's lately.Tyres have names,and that's all they are....you can put any name on anything.....best look at the quality....

Sava is South Pacific Tyres "budget brand" , but if you want to order enough tyres as Motu says you can have whatever name you want put on them which is what Bob Jane does in Australia

Madness
4th June 2006, 15:23
all I'd say is you get what you pay for

The cheaper tyres certainly will not be advantagous in race or emergency conditions. The Kingstar Chinese tyres have proved to be excellent for my purpose, driving mostly under typical urban conditions, with the occasional burnout as required. I smoke my tyres up (company car) a couple of times a week at least and the high silica content equates to a year of occasional abuse with only 50% wear.

Anyway, This is a thread about Scooter :scooter: tyres innit?

Motu
4th June 2006, 16:36
None of the big names will put their brand on a budget tyre,even if it's made in the same factory,they have seperate names for the cheap brands so they don't associate the top brand with ''cheap''.Those Kingstars are Hankook's cheapies,and nothing wrong with them.
You just have to try them yourself,and even your favorite tyre will be crap on a different bike.

WINJA
4th June 2006, 20:22
Most anything is going to be a marked improvement over factory tyres, ask WINJA.. :rockon:
NOPE FACRORY BRIDGESTONE MOLAS ARE THE BEST , MICHELIN DEXTERS ARE OK , THE PERELLIS ARE OK AND THE ZIPPYS ARE OK TILL IT RAINS

Mr. Peanut
4th June 2006, 20:33
NOPE FACRORY BRIDGESTONE MOLAS ARE THE BEST , MICHELIN DEXTERS ARE OK , THE PERELLIS ARE OK AND THE ZIPPYS ARE OK TILL IT RAINS

I assumed poxy chinese tyres. Shutup. :angry:

WINJA
4th June 2006, 20:44
I assumed poxy chinese tyres. Shutup. :angry:
ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL FUCK UPS

Mr. Peanut
4th June 2006, 20:57
WINJA, watch this http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/1/13929996-204E-47EE-B99C-625C278AF570.htm

Street Gerbil
11th June 2006, 20:11
The Rubicon is crossed and there is no turning back. I gave up on my search and had a new SAVA "wet weather racing" SV20 Monsum tyre fitted on the my Street Magic last Friday. So far so good... It is a very soft tyre so it probably won't last, but the purchase is definitely better than with my bald Bridgestone ML50. It seems like a good tyre, besides the guy who sells them (http://www.scootling.co.nz) seems to be a very nice and knowledgeable person.