PDA

View Full Version : Palmy --> flying fish sunday 4th

ldnz
4th June 2006, 16:34
Well despite 90% of the potential riders taking a look outside and putting on the proverbial large womens shirt, myself and Matt had a good ride to featherston, meeting up there with RG100 and mate on a slow as shit RGV150 (it was quite amazing how many excuses he had - last count: speedo, fouled plug, water in tank...), and headed over to the flying fish. The ladies there took care of us well, shouting a bowl of fries and then a whole jug of hot chocolate, as they felt sorry for us! Thanks ladies!

The trip back was less amazing, we got a good run through to masterton but then the rain was back and it was a very moist blat over the ranges. Tucked in behind someone with his farm hilux and some urgency and made suprisingly good time though.

All in all despite the rain I had a good time, it was great to be on the roads and meet a few more KB'ers. I may have some damp pics later.

Ben

Hitcher
4th June 2006, 16:39
Well done you staunch lads! Sounds like a worthy alternative to the Brass Monkey.

MattRSK
4th June 2006, 16:48
Yeah that was an awesome ride. Thanks to everyone involved. Dont forget that Ivan was aquaplaning, it wasnt his fault. Cheers to the flying fish for the hot chocolate and the waitress:blip: . Good experience going in the rain, glad my bike was running top notch after I had pulled it too bits the day before. Cant wait to see the photos.

Matt

Madness
4th June 2006, 17:05
Ivan must have had mechanical isues, He's usually so fast that he makes my 1100 look stationary.

Glad you guys had a good day, more importantly a safe day.

ldnz
4th June 2006, 17:11
Lol he was a laugh anyway. Everybody rode pretty carefully, especially me and Matt over the ranges. It was slippery as hell and after seeing RG100's fairing modifications I had extra incentive to stay green side up!

MattRSK
4th June 2006, 17:15
Yeah I was "trying" to be a nana. Never been over the ranges when it has been that wet. Heaps of pooling water and even a small stream across the rode. Still great fun though. Nice not to be a fair weather rider.

Sketchy_Racer
5th June 2006, 18:53
Yeah we the 'hard' guys.

the others are just wet blanket's!

Hey Idnz, wanna swap fairings??

u4ea
5th June 2006, 19:01
........................girls blouse putting in her late apologies....................................:nya: ...............

MattRSK
5th June 2006, 19:21
Hey ldnz
Any chance of posting up those photos from the trip.
Thanks

ldnz
5th June 2006, 20:33
Righty - sorry about the delay in posting the pics, and that they aren't that amazing. Stupid borrowed camera.

RG100 - thanks for the offer, but im quite happy with my indicators and fairings! If I were you the fibreglass would have just come out, but sounds like you got a good deal on replacements.

U4EA - I hope we see you next time! Its not a bad distance for an afternoons trip. And I see plenty of roads i'd explore if it was dry. Just not enough twisty signs between ekatahuna and featherston.

MattRSK
5th June 2006, 20:52
Thanks ldnz. Cant wait to the next one, rain or shine :whocares: .

dhunt
5th June 2006, 21:01
Glad you guys had fun.

I'm glad I didn't go - I had a relaxing day which was good considering the lack of sleep I'd had the last couple nites. Then spent today packing and moved most of my stuff up to New Plymouth.

cowboyz
6th June 2006, 06:55
good to hear fun was had. We had an event on which involved too many bottles and a few sore heads on monday. Away again this weekend but after that will look at putting something together.

Meanie
6th June 2006, 07:26
Well done guys, not the best week ends for the bike
Mine stayed tucked up in the shed while i went to the boat show in Auckland (i knew cowboyz was havin a shindig next door so i got as far away as possible) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sketchy_Racer
6th June 2006, 13:50
:killingme :killingme !!

Lol, Im loving the photo you got of me there.

Licking my lips :lol:

ldnz
6th June 2006, 17:42
Fair enough, hopefully next time we can get a few more bodies out there. Was the boat show good?

Yeah sorry about that RG, they were all pretty marginal.

Wasp
6th June 2006, 17:55
more bodies promised but only if the weather promises to be good.

Im glad you guys had a good safe trip, next time i hope to plan some extra few details....

by the way how long did it take you guys to get from palmy to featherston? (or whereever it was you guys met)

Sketchy_Racer
6th June 2006, 18:01
Yeah sorry about that RG, they were all pretty marginal.

Thats sweet mate.

It'll give the people something to laugh at :lol:

cowboyz
6th June 2006, 18:28
Well done guys, not the best week ends for the bike
Mine stayed tucked up in the shed while i went to the boat show in Auckland (i knew cowboyz was havin a shindig next door so i got as far away as possible) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't be like that. We were trying to get the neighbours to move. Do us botha favour. Bloody good weekend....