PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 6th june Rimutakas lake ferry

knight rider
5th June 2006, 22:01
will be meeting at the truck stop kaiwharawhara at 11am so if anyone wants to join in let me know. will be stopping at caltex rimutakas & leaving there at 11:45am so if you are out near caltex we will meet you there. Gonna go around lake ferry. THIS IS NOT A RACE will be a slow paced ride to cater for a few newbies including myself. everyones welcome I'm on a 250 so everyones welcome to come along

Madness
5th June 2006, 22:11
You must be intending to go around Lake Wairarapa as you can't ride around Lake Ferry unless you have an amphibious quad bike. The Western Lake Road around Lake Wairarapa is damp and moss-covered this time of year. Stock movements ensure a good coating of shite also. Be very careful through the twisty bits on this road.

Have fun all those attending.

knight rider
5th June 2006, 23:30
You must be intending to go around Lake Wairarapa as you can't ride around Lake Ferry unless you have an amphibious quad bike. The Western Lake Road around Lake Wairarapa is damp and moss-covered this time of year. Stock movements ensure a good coating of shite also. Be very careful through the twisty bits on this road.

Have fun all those attending.

lol yeah lake wairarapa. some of my freinds call it lake ferry some call it lake wairarapa so I don't know whch to call it lol. Thanks for the advice will take care on the road when we go

knight rider
6th June 2006, 15:23
another awesome ride & no crashes. Thanks Poor Basted for teaching me how to get my front wheel off the groud a bit more practise & I'll be just as good as you:blip:

James Deuce
6th June 2006, 17:42
Was that you guys I saw coming back over the hill at about 1:30pm?

OMG
6th June 2006, 17:47
Would have been a nice day for a ride

knight rider
6th June 2006, 19:54
Was that you guys I saw coming back over the hill at about 1:30pm?

did you see 3 250s? a black zxr a green & black zxr & a black cbr? were you on a red bike parked on the side of the road?

knight rider
6th June 2006, 19:56
Would have been a nice day for a ride

yeah it was an awesome day. a few wet patches on the takas but nothing too bad

James Deuce
6th June 2006, 19:57
Yep that was me parked. Huge long line of traffic stuck behind a big articulated truck, so I pulled over so I could get a clear run down the rest of the hill.

Meant to try and meet you guys at Caltex, but the family went out for breakfast and we took our time, cos I'm on holiday.

knight rider
6th June 2006, 20:01
Yep that was me parked. Huge long line of traffic stuck behind a big articulated truck, so I pulled over so I could get a clear run down the rest of the hill.

Meant to try and meet you guys at Caltex, but the family went out for breakfast and we took our time, cos I'm on holiday.

yup I saw you parked on the side of the road. that was us allright had an awesome time.