PDA

View Full Version : Mantis 50R

Str8 Jacket
6th June 2006, 14:30
Whoa! Has anyone seen or ridden one of these? I saw one parked up at work and thought it looked pretty kewl! Wouldnt mind one for commuting...

Heres a link to the same one on trade me:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-58623360.htm

Whaddya reckon? Cool or just plain ugly?!

Edbear
6th June 2006, 15:29
Neat little bike, but not much carrying capacity. Mebbe good for a student to get to school. Just as important as the bike, is who you're buying from re: parts and service and warranty support, etc. Questionable in this case, perhaps.

Str8 Jacket
6th June 2006, 15:32
Yeah, im not really seriously considering buying one and anyway the street magic is better IMO... Just saw it parked at work and was intruiged by it. At first it looked like a mountain bike with a motor. Its in very tidy condition, very kewl!

Edbear
6th June 2006, 15:35
Yeah, im not really seriously considering buying one and anyway the street magic is better IMO... Just saw it parked at work and was intruiged by it. At first it looked like a mountain bike with a motor. Its in very tidy condition, very kewl!

Yeah it's cute. Can anything really top the Street Magic, though? That's gotta be a cult bike by now, surely?:first:

poorbastard
6th June 2006, 15:39
Sorry I have to go with ugly IMO.

Madness
6th June 2006, 17:02
There was a black/red one outside Motorad a couple of weeks ago. I just had to stop & check it out. The main frame tube being used as a fuel tank is a cool idea and I reckon they look awesome. It looks like you could carry it up a flight of stairs if you had to also, great for apartment dwellers.

Make a good spare starter motor for the 1100??

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

sKilled
7th June 2006, 12:13
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT!!! It is a Sachs MadAss copy, an illegal one at that. And as with all knock-offs, it is probably nowhere near the quality it should be. For $500 more bucks you can get an original Sachs MadAss 50cc, BRAND NEW! Look on trade me or google it, there is a dealer in Chch and Hamilton, with one opening soon apparently in Auckland.

madboy
7th June 2006, 12:51
At least I wouldn't have to lean far to get my knee down commuting.

Str8 Jacket
7th June 2006, 12:53
At least I wouldn't have to lean far to get my knee down commuting.

Sorry but thats just a stupid thing to say. Your not a hero mate and quite frankly no one would care if you were.

madboy
7th June 2006, 13:07
Sorry but thats just a stupid thing to say. Your not a hero mate and quite frankly no one would care if you were.And yet you take the time to respond to what you clearly thought was a stupid comment. Thank you for caring. :nya:

Str8 Jacket
7th June 2006, 13:19
And yet you take the time to respond to what you clearly thought was a stupid comment. Thank you for caring. :nya:

Dude, I get sick of hearing about how great you are and what a hero you are and how fast you are when your not. I doubt you ever get your knee down. Why cant you just respond to things without the "look at me" approach its getting really tiresome!

sKilled
7th June 2006, 13:45
I'm pretty sure this is the same forum software as they use at bimmer.info, and that has an ignore feature so that one doen't have to submitt themselves to supid comments from stupid members.

madboy
7th June 2006, 14:22
Dude, I get sick of hearing about how great you are and what a hero you are and how fast you are when your not. I doubt you ever get your knee down. Why cant you just respond to things without the "look at me" approach its getting really tiresome!Dude, I get sick of hearing about your excuses for not attending a ride, and why you're so slow, and how much oil your bike uses, and how broke you are, and how you have to pay your fines before they get referred to the courts else your lowly paid govt job goes bye bye, and how your bike blew over in the wind, and how your [insert bike part here] needs replacing because the bike blew over in the wind, and what dumb blonde thing you've done this week, and how your bike blew over in the wind AGAIN... but because I am completely comfortable with the size of my breasts, my job, my income, my social circumstances, my bike, my riding style, my internet persona, my real persona and pretty much everything else in my life... I choose to accept you for who you are and until now remain silent about it.

sKilled
7th June 2006, 14:28
Lol - more than half the posts so far have nothing to do with the bike in question :)

Str8 Jacket
7th June 2006, 14:34
Thanks madboy, proves my point. I never pretend to be something that im not, but while were being honest here goes.... YES your a tosser, NO I dont like you, used to but now ive got no time for you. Your an idiot, not God not Ghostrider but an idiot. Your not a fast rider, in fact you aint even a good rider. Ah yes that's right your such a hero that you do runners on newbie rides. Get a clue mate, you've become a laughing stock amongst alot of us Wellingtonians.

sKilled
7th June 2006, 14:36
So can we get back to the topic at hand now?

Hitcher
7th June 2006, 16:04
I think it's time to shut this puppy down before somebody says something they'll REALLY regret. I'm not quite sure what's going on down here in Wellington today, but this has got a bit too personal.