PDA

View Full Version : Mercer St, Wellington Motorcycle park on Sundays.

Ms Piggy
6th June 2006, 18:56
On Sunday I was in town during the day. I noticed a whole lot of cars parked in the Mercer St motorcycle park, as I walked down the other side of the street I saw a guy trying to squeeze his bike in between a couple of cars.

I wasn't riding myself but I felt a bit peeved about cagers taking "our" parks.

I called Parkwise and apparently....."On Sundays we can't man that park. If the sign doesn't indicate 'at all times' then it can be parked on by cars on Sundays and that is the case with the Mercer St motorcycle park."

Hmmmmmm, okay then. Bummer!

James Deuce
6th June 2006, 18:59
I call bullshit.

Time to buy some wheel clamps.

Clivoris
6th June 2006, 22:00
I call bullshit.

Mmm..Wheel clamps seem a bit primitive. Why can't we be issued with hand-guns at the same time that we get our full licences?:2guns:

Drum
6th June 2006, 22:06
Ooops. Looks like I came a little close to the side of that cage with my clutch lever!

crashe
6th June 2006, 22:13
Time for someone to go down there with a BLACK vivid marker pen and write on the sign "At all Times".

And then everyone to go down there on Sunday and park all your bikes in front of the cars to block them all in and sit and watch them try and touch your bikes... to get out of the park.
Then politely ask them "can they read..." and pointing out the sign to them.

They will soon learn to go and park else where...

Or else you all get down there real early and all park one bike in each carpark... as well as in the BIKE ONLY carpark...

That should soon piss them all off.

sunhuntin
6th June 2006, 22:47
Time for someone to go down there with a BLACK vivid marker pen and write on the sign "At all Times".

And then everyone to go down there on Sunday and park all your bikes in front of the cars to block them all in and sit and watch them try and touch your bikes... to get out of the park.
Then politely ask them "can they read..." and pointing out the sign to them.

They will soon learn to go and park else where...

Or else you all get down there real early and all park one bike in each carpark... as well as in the BIKE ONLY carpark...

That should soon piss them all off.

im up for a ride to welly to do that!! LOL. anything to stir the pot. let me know if this eventuates!

here in wangas, only twice have i seen a car in a bike park...one is hardly used [at the mall] as is underground and miles away from the entrance. only the scooters park there...even when its raining its empty. and the other was one of the few parks in the main road...but they dont often get used either, cept for scooters.
i generally park a block over from town in a barely used park and walk to where i need, then move the bike to the mall.

Insanity_rules
7th June 2006, 06:53
Yeah, we should do something about this. Someone want to organise something?

Steam
15th June 2006, 01:52
Saw some cars there tonight again, Thursday night.
I pass that way every day going home from work, I will take some polite flyers with me and stick them under the wipers "Dear driver, please don't park in this motorcycle park. If we see your car here again we will call a towtruck."

Also, the parking company does have people to patrol areas after hours and on weekends, you just need to call them on the phone yourself. They work for Parkwise, a division of ADT. I don't know the number.

jahmin
15th June 2006, 15:43
I was parking there in the weekend and also had to squeeze between two cars - i made a point of taking a pxt of the number plates incase they hit my bike when they tried to leave. Fools. It is frustrating.

Crasherfromwayback
15th June 2006, 15:50
Ooops. Looks like I came a little close to the side of that cage with my clutch lever!
While it is a pain, and they're dickheads for nicking our parks, not good to damage their cars.
That'd make us no better than the average c*nt that backs into our bikes and drives off.

GR81
15th June 2006, 16:04
to throw through their windows? :blip:

Lord Derosso
15th June 2006, 16:19
While it is a pain, and they're dickheads for nicking our parks, not good to damage their cars.
That'd make us no better than the average c*nt that backs into our bikes and drives off.

GEEEE. And to think all this time I thought it was YOUR guys going around doing that to keep the workshop busy !!:innocent: :innocent:

Are you back on full time yet?? Riding yet P ???

Lord Derosso
15th June 2006, 16:26
Perhaps whats needed is a public display. Say... invite members to attend one Saturday and bring along some signs with various messages and invite TV3 or the community paper to come along and make a case for our parks. I totally agree that we need to get something done because the fact is bikes are been moved or damaged. Mercer Street is no longer big enough with all the new bike riders using that park now. I doubt you could get more than 25 bikes there in such a centralised location too. It was bloody full tonight.